Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I feel very well taken care of and truly cared for by immediate supervisor. I also feel like a am a part of something bigger than myself and like i truly belong there.
Love my job
Structural Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Love what I do and who I work with. Have been provided numerous opportunities to travel for work to see different countries and cultures and be able to put to use my construction experience in a positive way.
Excellent
cumulative, Maintenance Dispatcher / Debriefer (Former Employee) –  variousSeptember 21, 2017
Everyone should sign on for at least one term of service to their country. The Guard allows you to serve while remaining near family, at least some of the time.Your life will be impacted in ways you never imagined and you will never view the world the same again.
Love the Air National Guard
Program and Management Assistant (GS-07) (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy working with my unit. They are amazing people who always look out for one another. I enjoy being a part of a large team that does very diligent work.
Learned a lot
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PASeptember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed being in the military. I felt honored to serve my country. I enjoyed traveling and deploying. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Still the Military in the end
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 20, 2017
The Guard gets a bad rep for being weekend warriors, and while most people that work in the guard are traditional weekend warriors. I have seem more hard working and well balanced (in their career) Airmen in the Guard then I ever did active duty.
Great branch of service to work for
MDG Traditional Medical Logistics NCOIC (Current Employee) –  Fairchild Air Force Base, WASeptember 20, 2017
The Air National Guard is a great branch to work for. They have great benefits, numerous job opportunities, and multiple ways to promote throughout your career.
First real job.steppingstone
Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2017
I was very young really my first job.But opportunity was there to advance if one wanted to. This was a stepping stone for a young kid.but the pay was very poor....
Pros
Good job first job
Cons
Pay and work hours
Guard
Base Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Middle River, MDSeptember 19, 2017
Make it a career! Every person makes a difference in the Maryland Guard, call a recruiter today to enlist with the military. You can be better then yourself!
Great Place
Client Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 19, 2017
On a typical day work is steady, I learn new ways to help customers to solve problems, management is friendly and helpful, rich culture, nothing significantly hard, and the best part of the day is the camaraderie with fellow co-workers.
Pros
1 hour lunch and 1 hour self improvement time (gym, etc)
Cons
n/a
Go Guard
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMSeptember 19, 2017
If you aren't too sure about active duty but still want to serve your country, the National guard is the way to go. It's one weekend a month and 2 weeks of training a year. Deployments are almost all voluntary, unless you get activated in your state to respond to a natural disaster or something similar. It's worth it for the benefits alone.
loyal place to work
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2017
Everyone worked on the mission with teamwork. Helping young airmen exceed in their career and become a great asset to the unit was gratifying. I learned excellent management skills while attending seminars for various skills. Upper management always had a open door policy and the climate was always warm. Problems was handled as they came up by listening to both sides. A typical day at work included helping young airman prepare for basic training by easing some of the fears. It was a pleasure after they came back from their training as totally different people with a purpose and a willingness to be a part of the unit. I also counseled them on their educational goals and would attend graduations if time permitted. the hardest part of the job was when someone failed and I had to watch them leave the unit. The most enjoyable part was being able to make a difference in someones career.
Pros
benefits and travel
Great career advancement!
Staff Sergeant (E-5) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2017
This is an opportunity to travel and a great advancement in any career field. Depending on your job, you may be full-time or part-time. They also pay to further your education.
Terrible leaders who think they're leaders....but no one is following them
MQ-9A Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 18, 2017
Typical Air Force commanders with an unrealistic view of the world they live in "leading" others who can't stand following them. With the right people in the right leadership roles, this place would be amazing. It's time to serve others instead of serving your own careers.
Im still in the Guard
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I love working in the Florida Air National Guard. It has opened up new world of experiences to me and has changed my mindset about a lot of my life. Joining the Guard was one of the best decisions of my life.
About what youd expect
Airman 1st Class (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 14, 2017
what you would expect military wise. standard military culture, more relaxed being in the guard than an active duty position. easier way to serve your country.
Electro & Environmental Specialist
Electro & Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 13, 2017
They work on a compressed schedule. You can learned various skills related to aviation. The management varies, from poor, to excellent. Its a very friendly & relaxed work culture. The hardest part of the job, is knowing your job. The people make the job very enjoyable.
Pros
The Benifits
Cons
You have to have the military side of things to keep a job here
working for the ANG
NDI WG11 Technician Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 13, 2017
The co-workers and immediate supervisor is awesome. Great people great place to work. Its upper management that really has dropped the ball. they like to interrupt the shop supervisors and micromanage everyone, instead of letting the men and women do their jobs and what they are trained to do. the lack of budget and funds for supplies and tools doesn't help either.
Exciting and world travel.
Chief/Superintendent of Plans and Resources (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, I always had supportive supervisors. I attended some high quality school for certifications and attended superior supervisor courses throughout my career. I learned how to manage and lead younger folks in a non hostile work environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was the travel and working with some great people The hardest part of the job was retiring.
Pros
great salary, enjoyable work, good supervisors
Cons
sometimes being gone for long periods of time.
Fantastic place to work
F-16 Avionics Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2017
Top notch professionals, thorough knowledge of the subject matter, superior training, a team that is a family united in a common purpose... what's not to like??

The CA ANG, Fresno is without a doubt a fantastic place to work and gain knowledge in a very wide variety of jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5