Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,105 reviews matching the search
High demand in little time
In-Flight Refueling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2017
Great place for a part time job. Great if looking for good school benefits for yourself and family members. Opportunity to serve your county while still maintaining a home lifestyle.
Steady Employment
Knowledge Operations Management GS07 (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2016
Nice place to work, good benefits, good work schedule, pay is decent, location is good, room for career advancement if full time
good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXNovember 21, 2016
Good serving our great country as a full time technician employee wish they more opportunities for full time and pay raises. Also wished they gave better benefits
National Guard
Stock Control/Customer Service Liasion (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76127January 8, 2017
It is an experience and an opportunity to serve my country at a state level. Then go on deployments with my fellow airman. The benefits have been almost like active duty status.
Good job
Flight Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 6, 2017
Dont know what to tell you..Is the government, if you want to start your military life join the ANG, and is the best way to start serving your country.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Military discipline
excellent choice
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 25, 2016
I loved being a member of The Air National Guard and spent 24 years before medically discharged for my back. There were many positions available to advance.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
after a couple back surgeries could not continue
Very Rewarding
F-16 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHOctober 1, 2016
Love my job here, benefits FAR out weigh the cost. The only downfall I can think of is the time spent away from home can be difficult at times. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
Great work environment, very rewarding, fun to be apart of something bigger than yourself
Cons
Time spent away from home
Great Opportunites
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Working the front gate, patrolman, and flight line duties. As an E-5 you have the opportunities to lead and manage 5 to 10 people
Benefits
Cons
Work hours
Effiecent hardworking environment, great people to work with.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 16, 2016
Everyone is focused here and have a great attitude. The people are real genuine and are great to work with. Flexible hours and great salary.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good Job
Small Air Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2016
It was a great place to work, but the compensation needs to improve. I put in way to much work to be paid as little as I was. It was great coming to work each day though.
Great work environment
Chaplain Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2016
Benefits are outstanding. Learned much about personal relations in the workforce. Great work family. Hardest part is deployments and trips, but they are also the most rewarding.
Pros
Benifits
Srong work foundation and reliable income.
Aerospace propulsion apprentice (Current Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 3, 2016
Awesome place to work highly enjoy working for the guard. I and grateful to have so many benefits and opportunities given to me through the Air Guard.
Challenging
Alert Crew Chief F-16C (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
The military is a great job, especially if one utilizes all the benefits it has to offer. It offers the opportunity to travel. Like most industries, it is what you make of it. A good attitude and work ethic will go far in the industry.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
Deployments
Excellent place to work!
Material Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 29, 2016
The Alaska Air National Guard is a place that takes care of its' people. There are lots of benefits to working for the U.S. government, that extend far beyond protecting the people of this great country.
Its a Contract
Senior Airmen/Network Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAJune 17, 2016
So I have not had an awesome experience here, mostly due to my job. Also it seems that too many employee records get misplaced my the medical staff. You do have the opportunity to meet some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet.
Pros
great benefits (earned over a long period of time), some great people
Cons
no flexibility to transfer
Counter/comm/nav (avionics) maintainer (Current Employee) –  Channel Islands, CAJuly 8, 2016
Would totally work there again, great full time positions and amazing benefits thanks to the DoD. Awesome culture, low level militaristic vibe, and a sense of family and unity beyond all else.
Good for Some
Communications Focal Point Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2016
The Air National Guard can be a wonderful opportunity. If you are able to maintain the standards of the military and deal with the rank structure then you can get some amazing training and experience. There are also benefits like college reimbursement to take advantage of not to mention a pretty good retirement plan.
Extremely Professional and welcoming environment
Passenger Service Agent / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2017
While working, each day is a learning experience that is driven by professional members all driven to complete the mission on time and as safely as possible. I am in a management position currently supervising airmen and ensuring their training and mission capabilities are up to date. The job is rigorous but extremely rewarding, being a member that has transitioned from active duty to a guard position, it was a humbling experience to see the amount of professionalism and expertise my fellow members have. everyone that i work with is professional and friendly, all are extremely talented and work very hard to complete our mission. The Best part of my current unit is the travel that we all partake in on a yearly basis, new experiences are gained, we all get to know each other better and ultimately became a family, not just coworkers. All and all, a very fulfilling place to serve.
Pros
travel, pay, camaraderie
Cons
deployments, time away from family
Adventurous
Knowledge Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2016
Great place to learn new things with lots of opportunities. The pay and benefits are great. Always meeting new people and going to new places.
Good job solid benefits
RF Transmissions Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Douglas, WIJune 21, 2016
Only need to work one weekend a month and 2 weeks for field training. Solid educational benefits and good healthcare. great for a part time thing on the side if you want to serve your country but still live at home and work whatever other job you want

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6