Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,198 reviews matching the search
Great experience and benefits
Actively serve reserve Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2017
i enlisted into the military 3july2012 and its been the best decision of my life as it offers a diverse workforce to participate in and the opportunity to build great camaraderie with your peers
Challenging Work
Guidance and Control Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 12, 2017
Challenging work and good training. Upward mobility is conditional upon your networking skills. Extended deployments can be hard on relationships. Occasional travel into hostile countries is required. Physical fitness is a must.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Extended Deployments
Military and work life balance
Aerospace Propulsion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 11, 2017
- Working on T56 aircraft. Working on CBTs and other training efforts
- Learning how to work well with other airman to accomplish one goal
learned to be a qualified mechanic
Pros
School benefits
I enjoyed working with the Air National Guard
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora COMay 11, 2017
Typically I worked 4 days 10 hour shifts when Buckley was an Air National Guard base. I worked in the hospital there, the safety office, the comptrollers office and for the Space Transition team. The best job I had there was with the Space Transition team. The worst was in the comptrollers office. The difference was in commanders.
Productive and friendly place to work
Health Services Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 10, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. People are extremely friendly and helpful and treat you like family. The culture is one of respect and productivity.
Transportation Assistant (TMO) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2017
Basic Training is a once in a lifetime experience I am glad I did. The Oregon Air National Guard Base was a great place to work. Relaxed environment, but plenty of work to keep you busy if you wanted. Had a great relationship with my Supervisor, still do. Made a lot of friends. Was a gate to jobs that followed.
Pros
Education Benefits
Cons
Fit tests
Fun coworkers
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMay 8, 2017
Though you spend most of your day training on a computer, your fellow airmen make the job worth it. You will meet a great group of people who will be your friend for a lifetime.
Worked one weekend a month and two weeks a year
Fitness & Food Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Camp Murray, WAMay 8, 2017
There is always sometime to be done. Self-direction, deadlines, teamwork, management, leadership, and room to grow.
High communication skills working with all types of people. Along with the ability to give and follow directions.
Pros
Education, training, and travel
Cons
Work dates, training, and tours are at a set month/day
Great benifits
Resource Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 8, 2017
Great organization, some "good 'ole' boy" ideas and friendships are around. But most will be shipped out in the next few years. Great Benefits, good family orientated organization.
Greatest Job Ever
Sustainment Services Flight Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2017
This job offered an experience that no other job can. Learned life skills and made life long friends. The opportunity to travel all around the world and receive money for college is something that cant be beat.
Ks ang
PERSONELL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  McConnell Air Force Base, KSMay 4, 2017
Workplace culture is awesome. Very family and member oriented orientation. Fosters continuous growth and professional development. Would highly recommend to anyone.
Air National Guard
Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 3, 2017
I love coming to work everyday. I get faced with new and exciting challenges all the time. It's all about how involved you want to be in your area. I'm getting ready to go on my fourth trip this year, while also getting ready to deploy soon.
lots of opportunities
Jet Engine Technician WG-10 Step 5 (Current Employee) –  Portland OrMay 2, 2017
40hrs a week maintaining F-15 Fighter jets, title 32 WG-10 civilian status must be in the guard to work there. Hardest part of the job working one weekend a month. Most enjoyable lots of days off.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits galore
Cons
They think you are in active duty military
its a balance of fun and work.
Supply (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMay 2, 2017
The Air National Guard is a close family and I enjoy working here. the reason for this is because they know how to treat you like family. The work isn't that bad hard, if it gets to much for me to handle they will help you out but you still do your job.
Very rewarding
Fitness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pease Air National Guard BaseMay 1, 2017
I loved what I do and did through out my 22 plus years both in Active Duty and Air National Guard. I was very rewarding and I won't change a thing. The unit is very much a family, and it great to watch and see other grow around you.
Pros
Family
Cons
People Stay too long so Promotions can get hung up
Civil Service Safety Position hired under urgent conditions
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAMay 1, 2017
I transitioned out of the USAF looking for work. I worked as a unit safety representative and crossed paths with both the Guard and Reserve Safety Units. Was hired under a short nine month contract by the WA ANG to backfill a vacant safety position resulting from 9/11 where the Safety Representative was called to fill a critical position. Revitalized the safety program and contract was terminated.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
I can not provide much information here due to the type of work.
The military is a great place to get training for starting a new career.

I can not provide much information here due to the type of work.
Pros
Great Experience
Military at it's best
Security Forces Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 1, 2017
Joining the Air National Guard gives you the freedom of being a civilian but also gives fortitude with everything the military can instill upon someone. It offers respect, community, leadership, and integrity for all that serve. Upward mobility isn't an option - it's a requirement. They have multiple jobs, training, and experiences.
Easy pay
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
It is a great place if you want to be apart of the military but not active duty. You have great benefits and you only have to work on weekend a month and 14 days for your annual training.
Enhanced skill set and great work environment
Services Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 30, 2017
Working in the Air National Guard has been a great experience. It not only enhanced my communication skills, leadership skills and discipline, but also made it able to get a college degree while serving easy. I can still get a job outside of the military and purse my passion in the criminal justice world while serving. The other individuals I work for and with are great and very supportive. I definitely recommend people to look into joining the guard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5