Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Been very helpful to my life
Equipment Maintenance Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHApril 11, 2013
I am in charge of maintenance of equipment and supervision of personnel required to complete daily tasks. I also supervise and participate in flightline delivery of munitions for aircraft. I am required to attended supervisory meetings. I have many co-workers and get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job is having multiple jobs going on at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have served my country!
Pros
military discounts at different stores
Cons
very taxing on a person in many ways
I am honored to be an American Airman
Personnel Specialist in Administration (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
My job at the 161st Air Refueling Wing takes much discipline, patience, and dedication. As a personnel specialist in administration for the Airborne Operations Unit, I answer and work straight for the Commander doing his office work that he doesn't always have time for. My co-workers range from enlisted Airman to as high as General Officers. The hardest part is communicating at times. The most enjoyable part is working with the most powerful Air Force in the world.
Productive and fast-paced in warehouse
Logistics Readiness Supply (Current Employee) –  Hickam, HIApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of counting all inventory and assets for all military personel. I have learned over the span of 2 years serving, that you always triple check everything you count. Management is fair and respectful towards peers. My co- workers are David Isei and Jherson Arenas. The hardest part o f the job, is trying to keep count off large quanties. The most enjoyable part of this job is working well with others and supplying air craft parts to the plane.
Fun place to work with smart co-workers.
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2014
My work day consists of updating and managing personnel files.

I learned how to be proactive with my job and to communicate with my co-workers and supervisors.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with a different commander or boss every year or two. In my 6 six years, I had 4 different commanders. With 4 different commanders came 4 different viewpoints and expectations.

The most enjoyable part is networking with many people, getting to travel for free, and the co-workers.
it is a good experience
air conditioning, refrigerators and Water heaters. (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 16, 2013
working on the air conditioning units in the bass is a great experience troubleshooting and repairing the units, finding what is wrong and fixing the errors and getting the mission completely done is in exciting and wonderful feeling.

it is good to finally see how your work affect the people around the world

it is a life changing experience to go all over the world, see and speak to all sort of people
Pros
it a fun job
Cons
it not a full time job set. it's not all year round
I am able to achieve rank and status as high as I want and am constantly learning.
Telecommunication Installer Team Chief (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2012
We train on all telecommunication equipment and materials. We go around the United Stated and the world installing every kind of telecommunication equipment. We keep up to date with the IT world. There is always new recruits that we have to mentor. There is every nationality emplyed.
Pros
extensive training, great co-workers, available employment
Cons
part time work, deploy often, slot availability
Part Time Service
Jet Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 8, 2012
An excellent way to serve the country and great health insurance benefits. When you are a part of the service, you are a part of a family. A typical day is being prepared for the job at hand at every moment. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the hurry up and wait moments can be tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on Jet Aircraft and being around people who have the open mind to serve and stand for Freedom.
Pros
free airshows
Cons
it's not easy to relocate
Great education benefits, hands-on experience, and leadership skills.
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2011
Military schools use state of the art equipment with professional instructors. They have millions in dollars worth of training equipment at their disposal and offer reallistic hands on experience. After graduation you are given the opportunity to supervise others as you grow in experience in your field. There are also many ways to advance in responsibilities and pay.
Security Force member
Security Forces Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GASeptember 17, 2012
Patrolled the base and preformed building checks. But over the years the Air force has changed over to infantry with the security forces. At my base they don't even practice law enforcement anymore. The leaders in security forces have the ones that they choose and does not help you when you are in need. But the rest of the unit is not bad.
Pros
great benefits and you make some life time friends
Cons
bad leadership
air transportation
Air national Guard (Current Employee) –  selfridge air guard baseAugust 8, 2013
My job is to run the airfield on the national guard base.On a typical day we use 10k forklift or a 20k fore loader to load military aircraft. We also load passengers going on short deployments. I learned to be a great team player. I learned how to drive a fork lift and a 20k for loader. I love working there and being a part of the team so there is not really a hardest part of the job.
Cons
long drive and expensive health care

Want to know more about Air National Guard?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with aircrew
Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSSeptember 30, 2015
I love this job, I am constantly working and staying busy. I love the people I work with, it is a very relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job is when I have to hurry to do something that needs to be done ASAP and I either don't have the document or we are short on computers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, they make working in the office a lot easier.
Great work place with outstanding co-workers and great job oppotunities.
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 20, 2014
Working in the Air National Guard has provided me with many opportunities in both the military and civilian IT career field. I've worked with many people from all over the world. The ANG provides its workers with proper training and security clearances to apply in the civilian work force as well as their military careers.
Very professional but easy going workplace.
Operations Apprentice (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LaApril 21, 2012
Being in the military is a great experience. I learned to be more disciplined and professional. Even though my workplace is filled with officers,I feel comfortable working with them. My job isn't hard because everyone around me makes it easier. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything.
Pros
parties for holidays, benefits for school.
Cons
long deployments.
equipment
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hampton VirginiaJanuary 31, 2014
a typical day would actually be hard describe. Because if the lack of communication, we could have a schedule planned but when we go to execute something planned we get pulled off of the assignment.
Pros
the equipment that we use is very technical, and very importment to the mission.
Cons
management lacking, getting pulled in to many directions and not completing assignments
Great way to serve my country and learn new things
Electrical Power Production (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 28, 2013
I am currently cross training into Electrical Power Production from Aircraft Electrical and Enviromental Systems. Learning how to operate, service, troubleshoot and repair power generating equipment. The people are great to work with and leadership is top notch.
Pros
serving my country
Cons
long drive to my unit each month
Air National Guard
Emergency Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo,NDApril 30, 2013
The unit I was part of took care of their people very well. Communication was more open than experienced in active duty, people in higher ranks treated those under them with respect. The Air National Guard was a great experience.
Pros
the benefits were wonderful. the training could not be duplicated easily by any other organization.
Cons
deployments
Great place to gain experience and help with college.
Recruiting & Retention Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 5, 2015
This is a great place to work. If you are looking to go to college and gain some experience at the same time, this is the place for you. Did I mention that you get paid in the process? If you can gain an Active/Guard/Reserve (AGR) position, you can gain the experience and schooling while working full time.
Really good work environment and morale.
Cyber Transportation Apprentice (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
Stand in formation at 7:30 am. Enjoy role call and seeing friends again. Then report to our duty sections and start our training. Always learning something new at work and volunteer opportunities to help out the squadron. Then clock out at 5:00 pm.
Pros
Family environment, very helpful people
Cons
A little restrictive
Meaningful Position
Human Resource Specialist (Military-) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 15, 2013
Enjoyed my 15 years in the La Air National Guard. Definetly helped me learn how to multi-task with balancing managing seventeen Human Resource (Personnel) programs, supervising six employees and the constant readiness inspections and supporting hurricane missions.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
time away from family
Military
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is like a typical day at any other job. 8-12 hours a day with the same amount of work load. I learned about different ways and all aspects on how to do my job and I apply it. Management are also military. My co workers consists of military as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is customer service.
Pros
it's the military
Cons
there are no cons

4.7