Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,192 reviews matching the search
Productive place to work
Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 27, 2017
It was a fun place to work at times, by officers breaking rules, ended up ruining it for me, it was the reason I left the air guard, different career field could have worked out better
Great Oppurtunity
Administration, Education & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 27, 2017
Service country, retirement and education benefits. Life insurance benefits family atmosphere, family orientated, given clothing and shoes. Trained to do job.
Great Enviroment
Project Control Specialist/ Deputy Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 24, 2017
Great enviroment, Telework available. Military enviroment, clearance required, some travel needed depending on project. Work culture is formal to due to government oversite and military location.
Ang
AEROMEDICAL EVACUATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  UNITED STATESApril 20, 2017
This organization gives the airman the ability to balance their military career with their civilian career, the ability to serve your country and learn useful skills are second to none.
Pros
Serve the country
Cons
Great place to start a career
Safety Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 20, 2017
I totally enjoyed my time serving in the United States Air Force. I got to see many places around the world and got to know some great people. The work was challenging and very rewarding.
Pros
Great place to serve
Loved my time
Telecommunications Specialist and COMSEC Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2017
Being a member of the USAF National Guard was the best time I had. I learned about confidential files. How to work a switchboard, pass messages to the correct people. I learned hos to shoot several weapons and protect myself. The people were friendly and willing to help others.
It was because of them that I learned how to work as part of a team and how to support each other. I learned how to be a secretary through working during my time in the National Guard. They furthered my training and skills in that area.
Honor and Privilege
Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2017
i feel it was a great honor to serve my country and state the Air National Guard is a great military organization that allows you to grow and learn so much. It teaches a great deal of respect.
Good education and Travel
Flight Engineer (Current Employee) –  NYApril 14, 2017
Good Place to get an education and travel the world!
Sometimes its still the good old boys club
Overall love the job, and most of the people I work with
Structured environmental and great coworkers.
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2017
Constantly changing objectives keep this job interesting and exciting. This position has allowed me to receive numerous training courses that will allow me to be more competitive in this career field.
Fun and Challenging
Services Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 12, 2017
On Drill weekends your day may start as early as 430-500 am, physical exercise then meetings and then training. On AGR status, pay is great and so are the benefits. Workplace culture is awesome due to the overall family-like culture.
High operation tempo
Airfield Management (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 11, 2017
The Nevada Air National Guard is a high tempo busy environment. One must have the ability to make sound decisions at the drop of a penny. Everyone is very close and will never hesitate to help a fellow Airman in need.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Work and homelife balance is uneven. Work is very demanding.
Excellent
Cable & Antenna Installation & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  zanesville ohioApril 11, 2017
I learned and exemplary skill and traveled the world. I don't like to give out to much information. I would not have added my military service to my list of information if I knew my profile update was going to be held up by this sites guidelines.
Productive Place to Work
Full Time Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76127April 10, 2017
10 hours 4 days a week is the normal time-frame at work. Learn to pack parachutes, time M-1timers build type V platforms. Education is very Important always pushing you to Excel. Hardest part of the job is the lack of qualified personnel to accomplish the tasking that come down. Enjoyable part of the day, that you have a since of accomplishment that you produced a product that is air worthy and will help troops on the ground.
Pros
Team enviroment
Cons
No breaks do to the workload. Lack of experience personnel
Good people, good work
Mobile Ground Terminal Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 9, 2017
Typical government bureaucracy processes are what keeps the military running and many people employed, but at the expense of efficiency. There are plenty of opportunities for leadership and interesting training.
Great experience
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  indian town gapApril 8, 2017
Go find out for your own person view. I just want to fill out a resume to better myself and family. Not fill out this review which will never benefit anyone.
Great Career Stepping Stone.
MATERIEL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 6, 2017
The Delaware Air National Guard is a great way for anyone to acquire experience or gain knowledge of certain skills. The military in general is a good experience, whether it's temporary or the individual plans to stay in for their entire career. I believe for myself it serves it's purpose to help to acquire a new career in the civilian world. I do not agree with everything that goes with my place of work but I respect the decisions made, and I will not dispute the rules or policies.

For myself I'm ready to start moving forward and look elsewhere for better opportunities. If anyone ever decides to join the military, it's a great idea for anyone to start gaining knowledge, experience, and help you become a more professional individual that respects guidelines and getting things accomplished.
Pros
Gain experience, skills, professionalism and discipline attributes.
Cons
Compensation, career advancement, and job security.
It's the military
Cable and Antenna Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAApril 6, 2017
It's the Air National Guard. I would feel redundant saying anything here, because this organization is too broad to be reviewed like a company. There are advantages and drawbacks to being in the Guard.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Demanding lifestyle
SC Air National Guard
Senior Airman (Current Employee) –  Eastover, SCApril 5, 2017
Great place to work.

Best kept secret in the military. In the Guard you go through the same training that active duty receives with less of a commitment. within the guard there are opportunities to become Active Guard Reserve which is like active duty.
Overall it is job security
Logistics Supply Chain Readiness Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work means airplanes flying and ordering parts and doing some inventory. Managing projects to make sure they run smoothly as to not disrupt the mission.

Supervising subordinates to make sure they understand their job and what their objectives are to help them improve themselves as a military professional.

Attending meetings which will enforce better productivity.
Pros
job security
Cons
manning low
My Career
Aircraft Ordinance Munitions Specialist (Egress) (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHApril 3, 2017
Job started great, was super happy, loved the job not the people. the long trips away from family was a major reason for wanting to get out. supervision was always against the shops and only out to make themselves look better.
Pros
money and hours
Cons
bosses and long trips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5