Air National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Best Division
Operations Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McGhee, TNMarch 29, 2016
The TN ANG is absolutely the best place to work for. The down fall of being guard is job security and not knowing if you get to continue your job after the fiscal year. Overall the TN ANG is the continuity to run the missions for the active duty units.
Counter/comm/nav (avionics) maintainer (Current Employee) –  Channel Islands, CAJuly 8, 2016
Would totally work there again, great full time positions and amazing benefits thanks to the DoD. Awesome culture, low level militaristic vibe, and a sense of family and unity beyond all else.
The NY Air National Guard is a great learning experiance
Fire Truck Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 27, 2016
The military is a great learning experience because the military stays up to date with the advancements in technology, which means that I am continuously getting trained.
Good work place
Customer Sevices Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2016
I am the finical card holder to the services flight and do all the purchasing and shipments. I run a very complex training program for twenty airmen and ten contractors. manage nine of the airmen's records and provides feed backs to them on a monthly basis. maintain and manage 2.5 million dollars worth of equipment and supplies.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Job Security
Best way to start a career
Air Transportation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 25, 2016
Being able to go into a job with no experience and be able to work your way up through a nurturing environment is essential to build a career. It is not for everyone but it has many rewards.
Great start for young men and women to start there education and career
network administrator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 28, 2016
You'll receive great work experience, and have money for college. The in service will go back before you know it, and you may even decide to reenlist.
Great Job satisfaction, loved my Boss!
AMC Guard & Reserve Affairs (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Everyday was rewarding, I had the opportunity to take on new projects while working here that elevated my level of experience. My boss always encouraged me to take on more responsibility to help me better myself.
Pros
A great family atmosphere
Cons
lots of traveling
Like working here.
AIR TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Quonset Point, RIMay 31, 2016
Great group of guys who help each other get the job done no matter the situation. Basically one big family. Everyone is a leader in their own way and will never let anyone slip through the cracks.
The Air Force is Awesome!
Powered Support Systems Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 12, 2016
I perform scheduled inspections on powered and non powered support equipment to ensure aircraft are mission ready. In addition I am tasked with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Fun tight nit group of hardworking co workers.
Munitions Systems Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 24, 2016
Start out with a meeting with our shop chief on whats happening base wide and if there is any important updates. Then we break up into our elements and get the days expectations from our supervisor. Any non job related tasks or training they let us fit in were we can through out the day. We start with disposing of expended counter measures, then we upload new counter measures and ship them out to the jets. All expended counter measures are updated in our CAS. If there are any 20mm to download we with inspect them all after download and update the CAS on were the 20mm are now located. Our end of day is usually fixing other tools in our respective shops or helping others with their daily tasks.
Pros
Great healthcare, good pay and amazing work environment.
Cons
Only 2 weeks a yr. other than the once a month and a long drive to get there.
Best decision
Human Resources Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKJanuary 16, 2016
Joining the 168th was an amazing personal decision that I made. The people that you get to work with really set this unit apart from other units, family and support are two main words that come to mind.
Pros
They support their people, look out for their people and are honestly happy to have people apart of their unit
Cons
It gets cold in Alaska
Best job I ever had.
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 27, 2016
Team work environment, motivated and fun environment, good pay and benefits, with the added bonus of good and honest hard work and the overwhelming feeling of making a difference.
Excellent place to work
Safety and Occupational Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 7, 2016
Excellent place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits. The most enjoyable part of working here is the people. Its like a big family.
its the military
fuels distrobution technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 5, 2016
i refueled aircraft in the USAF. i learned many things some i still only discover when the situation arises. i liked all of the people i worked with even management. hardest part of the job was being away from home when called upon to go abroad. the best part of the job for me was watching aircraft take off. knowing i had a small part in making that happen.
Manage Training Program
Base Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PADecember 19, 2015
Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the training program for the medical unit.
Ensure Unit Commander is kept up to date on all matters regarding the unit.
The hardest part of the job is the limited amount of time spent with each member of the Unit.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing members advance in their careers.
Pros
Being part of the Unit States Military and making a difference.
Cons
Limited time spent with various members.
awesome if you love the military
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 20, 2016
I have spent 30 years in the military, they have taught me from warehousing to manager. I loved the people there were we all worked as one to get the mission done.
Pros
traveling
Cons
PT.
Part time military
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNApril 26, 2016
Being a member of the U.S. Air Force is awesome. This allows service to country on a part-time basis allowing the opportunity to pursue other careers of interests while earning an additional retirement.
Great time training and serving my Country.
Security Forces/ CATM (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXApril 20, 2016
The work environment was great but the mission is not conducive for someone with a family the hours are very long and hard but the mission is essential for our deploying airmen.
Amazing work environment
Cyber Transport Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 21, 2016
The typical day was working on network for the entire base. I learned the way and how networks work. Management and co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part was figuring out how everything works with no experience. The best part was learning and figuring out how everything works.
164th Logistics Readiness Squadron
Material Management (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2016
Typical Material Management Air Force day with lost of training. ISU, FIL, DUO, FIC, FID, and INQ SN are just a few of the many ESS tric functions used to complete required task.

4.5