Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,103 reviews matching the search
very sressful and challenging but rewarding
Special Purpose Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VT 05403February 19, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with the VT ANG but it is very stressful due to ops tempo. there is room for advancement but favoritism is readily shown. overall good place to work
Proud to serve, Proud of the result
Marketing and Advertising Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GANovember 8, 2016
I was tasked with re-introducing a military base and its capabilities to the wider U.S. Air Force and other military units around the world. I was responsible for creating the marketing and advertising that shifted the think of the small relatively unused based to one of the Air Guard's most prized jet fighter training bases.
Daily I was tasked with building video and print material for generals and heads of state for the specific purpose of changing minds.
I was mostly a one man shop. the most challenging part of the job was the constant timelines and deadlines due to the rapidly shifting nature of the Air Force needs. I enjoyed seeing my work on the large screens and being identified as being the one who produced the work.
Pros
Good equipment, flexibility in oversight
Cons
Multiple non-field related tasks required
excellent choice
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 25, 2016
I loved being a member of The Air National Guard and spent 24 years before medically discharged for my back. There were many positions available to advance.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
after a couple back surgeries could not continue
Serving My State
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 21, 2017
I switched from Active Duty Air Force to the Indiana Air National Guard 2 years ago. In my 15 years of total service I've held 3 careers and worked with many great people on something bigger than just my world.
Great company to work for
Senior Airman (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2017
I've had a great time working in the military but I'm ready to start focusing on a civilian career. Thats why I am leaving the ANG. They provided me with great work exp. and great mentors for the past 6 years.
Productive workplace
Maintenance Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 20, 2016
Friendly co-workers and environment. Management takes care of their people and ensures training is up to date with every employee. I've learned the day-to-day operations of the flight line.
Very Rewarding
F-16 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHOctober 1, 2016
Love my job here, benefits FAR out weigh the cost. The only downfall I can think of is the time spent away from home can be difficult at times. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
Great work environment, very rewarding, fun to be apart of something bigger than yourself
Cons
Time spent away from home
Productive and fun
Metals technologist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 21, 2016
Working in the military has been a great experience for me. It's given me a lot of structure. I had the opportunity to learn how to to a very interesting career and had a lot of fun. It was always a positive work environment with room to grow and promote as you learn.
Good job
Flight Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 6, 2017
Dont know what to tell you..Is the government, if you want to start your military life join the ANG, and is the best way to start serving your country.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Military discipline
National Guard
Stock Control/Customer Service Liasion (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76127January 8, 2017
It is an experience and an opportunity to serve my country at a state level. Then go on deployments with my fellow airman. The benefits have been almost like active duty status.
Great family atmosphere. They really look after their own.
Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2016
I've loved the 6 years I've been there, plan on retiring with 20 plus years. Leadership has always been there for me from personal situations to career advice.
Counter/comm/nav (avionics) maintainer (Current Employee) –  Channel Islands, CAJuly 8, 2016
Would totally work there again, great full time positions and amazing benefits thanks to the DoD. Awesome culture, low level militaristic vibe, and a sense of family and unity beyond all else.
Fun and rewarding.
intergrated electronics (Current Employee) –  fort wayneNovember 15, 2016
I loved working airplanes and being in the military, I love my job here and helping serve America. I love the respect I can earn and the potential for advancement.
Pros
Military life, and rewards
Cons
deployment overseas
Excellent opportunities and environment
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 24, 2016
The environment is great. Excellence is encouraged and rewarded. Management is more than competent. Being payed to train is hard to beat. Many skills learned are transferable to the civilian world.
Great work environment
Staff Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 31, 2017
This job is phenomenal and will challenge you to become the very best. If you are looking for a rewarding career unlike any other this is the one.
fun productive great work experience
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 14, 2016
Completed work various orders for electrical systems
Learned many traits of the electrical field
Management is easy going
Co-workers very supportive and team motivated
There is no hard part of the job its enjoyable
Everything about the job is enjoyable
Effiecent hardworking environment, great people to work with.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 16, 2016
Everyone is focused here and have a great attitude. The people are real genuine and are great to work with. Flexible hours and great salary.
Pros
Flexible hours
well managed
Aerospace Propulsion Work Leader (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKNovember 27, 2016
Good people to work for, management cares for there people, enjoy working in a good atmosphere, working on aircraft give a sense of accomplishment
Pros
People
Cons
hours
great place to work
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 18, 2016
good place to work and serve you country at the same time
great work environment. has a good retirement system.and
competitive pay scale.
Pros
retirement
Cons
time away from family
Great Opportunites
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Working the front gate, patrolman, and flight line duties. As an E-5 you have the opportunities to lead and manage 5 to 10 people
Benefits
Cons
Work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5