Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Nothing like Active Duty
Special Vehicle Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2017
Boring place to work. Very slow paced. Everyone thinks they are Captain America, even though none of them actually served Active Duty. A lot of sitting around and watching t.v or doing computer based training. To make rank, you basically have to hope someone leaves, retires or gets kicked out.
Pros
easy paycheck
Cons
verys slow paced, no advancement.
Good place to go if you have no direction in life
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 24, 2017
The Air National Guard is a great place for an entry into adult life and teaching young adults how to act and prioritize things in life. Very bad at taking care of you though when it comes to anything you need to personally do/get done.
Pros
Medical care
Cons
Slow, uninformative.
Great opportunity
services journeyman (Current Employee) –  Harrison township, miAugust 23, 2017
Allows you to progress in the military and civilian world by helping pay for education. Gives you on the job training while also allowing you to travel the world.
great job, amazing people.
Kentucky national guard technician (Current Employee) –  louisville kentuckyAugust 23, 2017
Amazing place to work. good schedules, you will meet many great people who will take care of you. would highly recommend it to anyone. get in touch with a recruiter immediately.
Sevice organization/fun but challanging
Master Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work is training younger airman about a service organization what to expect and what the customer expects. I have learned that new people are eager to learn more and more. As a manager I give them all that they want to do their job well. The management in my organization is great to work with. The culture is getting to be a very young culture. I have found nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part is that I get to serve my country.
Pros
Benifits, Time off or leave program
Cons
Retirement benifits not so great
Productive and progressive
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  new castle, DE 19702August 22, 2017
It is great place to to go to get a stable start on your life and career if you are looking into a specific job and not quite sure if that's what you truly wanna do with yourself. College is paid for along with technical skills and basic life necessities at your disposal. Travel the world while learning a life skill, what more can you ask for?
Enjoyed my time there
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 22, 2017
Going through basic training was a good experience that I believe everyone should go through. Basic training will teach you very valuable skills and help you realize you can push yourself a lot farther mentally and physically than you imagined.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  March ARB, CAAugust 22, 2017
Some of the best lessons I've learned about customer service, coworker interaction and dependability, and follow through were learned here. I still fall back on training I've received from here.
Pros
Education
terrific
airman (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 21, 2017
military. enough said. everyone right after high school should oin. greatr for character and entering the real world. highly recommend to anyone interested.
Training
unknown (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2017
I have worked for the UTANG as a Traditional guardsman, Technician (state employee) and AGR. Typical workday varies by career field. I have learned valuable leadership as well as follower-ship skill while serving. Management is ever changing due to retirements and others moving on. Just like any other job you have some you like and some you don't. Culture can be as a family, but they will turn their backs if they deem it best for their own careers! Hardest part of the job is playing the political game. The most enjoyable part of the UTANG is and will always be the people. You can and will meet long time mentors and friends.
Pros
People
Cons
Politics
Outstanding unit.
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 18, 2017
I was in the Air Guard for 5 1/2 years but ultimately leave as my dad was ill and he couldn't help watch our kids (w/mom). Stayed home w/our ill kids.
Pros
Recognition.
Cons
I stayed home w/our ill children and husband went to the base.
Very active and friendly environment
Air Transportation Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 18, 2017
I have had the opportunity to learn how to work with a team and learn many useful skills. The work place is professional and everyone is ready to help you with whatever you may need.
Productive, Friendly workplace
Temporary technician/Personnelist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 18, 2017
Endless amounts of work to be done, you get paid one hour each day to go to the gym, Paid holidays, every other Monday off, days are typically 7-4:30, People are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Paid holidays, Typically every other Monday off, very rewarding
Cons
Long hours, early mornings, hard work.
Love it
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAAugust 17, 2017
Most rewarding, worth it place to work. The people here are great and upper management cares about their people very much. Always a helping hand no matter what life throws at you.
Fun and Enjoyable
Combat Arms - Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 17, 2017
I love my job in the Air National Guard. Working in Security Forces has helped me better my goals in life. I have met many people that I will forever be friends with!
Productive and team oriented
Vehicle Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
No better place to work. Friends and co-workers were as close as immediate family. I would do it all over again and suggest it to anyone to become a citizen airman to support their State and Country.
Great place to work/great team
Base Education and Training Superintendent (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 16, 2017
A great makes all the difference and I had a great team for sure! We worked hard and were serving our country and state at the same time. The hours were long but much was accomplished.
Air National Guard
Aircraft Maintenance Commander Rank- Lt. Colonel (Former Employee) –  Air National GuardAugust 16, 2017
Air National Guard was a great career. They give you top notch training and usually have education benefits. You get the opportunity to travel and you become part of the ANG family.
Good
Counterdrug Civil Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
I have enjoyed working here and the OK Guard is a great workplace. I have been a mamber for more that 19 years and plan to work here until as long as it still fits in mine and my family's life.
Fun and productive
Electrical and Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
A regular day in the ANG is always a learning experience. There are popular systems that we work on constantly but then there are days where you do something you thought you would never touch. One day I can be replacing a generator and the next putting together a light assembly. When the shop is light on work we can always experience another side of the jet by going to the crew chiefs shop and learning new inspections or how to taxi jets on and off the flight line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5