Air National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Legacy of Excellence
Aircraft Structures Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 27, 2015
A typical work day as an Aircraft Structures Technician involves being dispatched to the flight line to repair an aircraft before flight, and working on all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. What I have learned throughout my career in the Air National Guard is the importance of attention to detail and team work. Our management team has their work cut out for them in coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on a daily basis. It involves a lot of pre planning and communicating. My co-workers are part of a team of talented aircraft maintainers that keep our jets in immaculate and flyable condition. Our mechanical and technical ability shows in the quality of our aircraft. The hardest part of the job is being deployed for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I’m part of an outstanding organization with a long history of excellence.
Pros
Integrity First, Service Before Self; Excellence in All We Do!
Cons
Long deployments
Weekend Warrior
Security Forces Fire Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 1, 2016
The 105th BDS is a professional unit through and through. It will have definitely have its ups and downs. It depends on you as a person on how you want it to affect you.

I personally have enjoyed my time in service from Active Duty Air Force to the Air National Guard. It has made me who I am today and I will always be thankful for that
Good job solid benefits
RF Transmissions Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Douglas, WIJune 21, 2016
Only need to work one weekend a month and 2 weeks for field training. Solid educational benefits and good healthcare. great for a part time thing on the side if you want to serve your country but still live at home and work whatever other job you want
Loved the military
Vehicle Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TennesseeOctober 12, 2015
The military was my first career now I want to start a new career. I was able to see a lot in my military career. I visited 15 different counties and lived in Alaska for over 4 years. I made a lot of friends throughout my career in the Air Force and many of them I still stay in contact with. I learned a lot through my experience in the military and have grown from that experience. The hardest part was being away from my family but the best part was traveling around the world.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Being away from family
Infinite amounts of training opportunities
Power Production Specialist Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 7, 2016
The air national guard has been the most rewarding decision I have ever made. I would recommend joining to anyone who asked me. I have loved every minute of my military service.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
deployments
It is what you make it
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2015
Offers a lot of opportunities in many different career fields. Their are always opportunities to cross train and advance. Compensation is so/so at first, but benefits are great.
great place to work, multitudes of opportunity for growth and travel.
Air Refueling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 10, 2016
Enjoyed it so much I made a 30 yr career of it. Challenging, exciting and always evolving. Recommend it to any adventurous individual that is self motivated an wants to excell as part of a team.
Pros
travel, exciting careers, benefits
Great enviorments
IT SPECIALIST (Network) GS (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 26, 2016
The owner was great to work with. However due to a move I could no longer work for this company. Work hours were Monday through Friday, and involed a lot of travel to Long island however my coworker was great to work with
Pros
lunch paid for by company
Cons
Cyberspace Transportion Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2015
Excellent educational benefits. Excellent support system. Cutting edge technology. Careers easily translate to the civilian world. Opportunity for growth.
Great life experience
Emergency Medical Technician-B - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2016
The Ks Air National Guard was a great life experience. I was taught great life skills during my enlistment
I am more disciplined, organized and appreciative of our Military and all they do.
Pros
everything about it
Cons
nothing

Want to know more about Air National Guard?

Ask a question
So far, so good
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Selfridge Angb, MIJanuary 7, 2016
I've only been in the Air National Guard for a short time but so far the environment has been very welcoming. Looking forward to keeping my military service career running with the Michigan ANG!
Challenging work environment with guideline but allows creativity
Inspector General Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 7, 2016
You must be very organized and efficient in your work day. New technologies prove to keep you in a constant state of learning and proving yourself.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
promotions
Love for my country
Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 14, 2016
Working for the Military teaches you so many different things, such as discipline, self respect, honesty, how to endure hard work. I loved serving my country. I worked full time as a supervisor in the field maintenance section in the Tennessee Air Nation Guard for 37 years and loved every minute of it.
Lots of Comraderie, Teamwork, Cohesiveness and Fun place to work
Inflight Aerial Refueling Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2016
My current place to work is fun and cohesive. It is loaded with Comraderie. The job of flying and inflight refueling is fun and loaded with lots of travel to many different locations.
Pros
Fun Place to work and travel
Cons
Observing problem individuals creating problems amongst the rest of the force, getting paid and observing leadership doing nothing about it.
Great place to grow professionally
Airfield Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJuly 1, 2016
Working on ground to air radios for an air traffic control entity can be fast paced and challenging. Customer service is key in supporting day to day missions and small and large force exercises.
great life experience
AIRCRAFT CARGO HANDLING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2015
Honorable life fulfilling job.It was my very first job. I recommend that everyone tries it out.You will learn great life, leadership, and future life skills. The benefits are outstanding.
Great team to work with
Helpdesk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MADecember 16, 2015
I learned a lot about my career. Leadership really looks out for you and helps you move forward. They encourage you to think long term and pursue higher education.
Counter/comm/nav (avionics) maintainer (Current Employee) –  Channel Islands, CAJuly 8, 2016
Would totally work there again, great full time positions and amazing benefits thanks to the DoD. Awesome culture, low level militaristic vibe, and a sense of family and unity beyond all else.
Best way to start a career
Air Transportation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 25, 2016
Being able to go into a job with no experience and be able to work your way up through a nurturing environment is essential to build a career. It is not for everyone but it has many rewards.
Great start for young men and women to start there education and career
network administrator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 28, 2016
You'll receive great work experience, and have money for college. The in service will go back before you know it, and you may even decide to reenlist.

4.5