Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,200 reviews matching the search
Productive Place to Work
Full Time Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76127April 10, 2017
10 hours 4 days a week is the normal time-frame at work. Learn to pack parachutes, time M-1timers build type V platforms. Education is very Important always pushing you to Excel. Hardest part of the job is the lack of qualified personnel to accomplish the tasking that come down. Enjoyable part of the day, that you have a since of accomplishment that you produced a product that is air worthy and will help troops on the ground.
Pros
Team enviroment
Cons
No breaks do to the workload. Lack of experience personnel
Good people, good work
Mobile Ground Terminal Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 9, 2017
Typical government bureaucracy processes are what keeps the military running and many people employed, but at the expense of efficiency. There are plenty of opportunities for leadership and interesting training.
Great experience
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  indian town gapApril 8, 2017
Go find out for your own person view. I just want to fill out a resume to better myself and family. Not fill out this review which will never benefit anyone.
Great Career Stepping Stone.
MATERIEL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 6, 2017
The Delaware Air National Guard is a great way for anyone to acquire experience or gain knowledge of certain skills. The military in general is a good experience, whether it's temporary or the individual plans to stay in for their entire career. I believe for myself it serves it's purpose to help to acquire a new career in the civilian world. I do not agree with everything that goes with my place of work but I respect the decisions made, and I will not dispute the rules or policies.

For myself I'm ready to start moving forward and look elsewhere for better opportunities. If anyone ever decides to join the military, it's a great idea for anyone to start gaining knowledge, experience, and help you become a more professional individual that respects guidelines and getting things accomplished.
Pros
Gain experience, skills, professionalism and discipline attributes.
Cons
Compensation, career advancement, and job security.
It's the military
Cable and Antenna Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAApril 6, 2017
It's the Air National Guard. I would feel redundant saying anything here, because this organization is too broad to be reviewed like a company. There are advantages and drawbacks to being in the Guard.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Demanding lifestyle
SC Air National Guard
Senior Airman (Current Employee) –  Eastover, SCApril 5, 2017
Great place to work.

Best kept secret in the military. In the Guard you go through the same training that active duty receives with less of a commitment. within the guard there are opportunities to become Active Guard Reserve which is like active duty.
Overall it is job security
Logistics Supply Chain Readiness Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work means airplanes flying and ordering parts and doing some inventory. Managing projects to make sure they run smoothly as to not disrupt the mission.

Supervising subordinates to make sure they understand their job and what their objectives are to help them improve themselves as a military professional.

Attending meetings which will enforce better productivity.
Pros
job security
Cons
manning low
My Career
Aircraft Ordinance Munitions Specialist (Egress) (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHApril 3, 2017
Job started great, was super happy, loved the job not the people. the long trips away from family was a major reason for wanting to get out. supervision was always against the shops and only out to make themselves look better.
Pros
money and hours
Cons
bosses and long trips
Love the Air Force
Administrative Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 1, 2017
decent base, great people, plenty of opportunities as the older leadership are retiring. great benefits for school part-time. bonuses for enlistment and re-enlistments. just don't like the location
Family feel, brothers/sisters in arms
Aircraft Electrician (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 1, 2017
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a challenge that is not overly consuming. The people you work with truly care about each other and makes coming on a weekend enjoyable.
Pros
Training
I Love my job
Surgical Technician to Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 31, 2017
See the world and do the job that you love while getting many different benefits. Great people that become like part of your family. If you are able to join I encourage it!
Eh
Satellite Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 28, 2017
National Guard up at Greeley isn't the field that interests me. I'm trying to build my Cybersecurity field, and with this job, it doesn't fulfill my needs
Highly motivated unit
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 28, 2017
This unit has excellent leadership who are willing to work with individuals to achieve both military and personal goals. The unit it dynamic and excels at integrating any changes that may befall it.
Summary
Retiring-Lt Col (Former Employee) –  Pilot, NVMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work and have your education paid for. For younger members the opportunities are endless and if you are willing to work hard and study you can have your school paid for and gain valuable life/work experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Great opportunity
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2017
Great opportunity for college students looking for money for school. Offers travel opportunities and real world skill sets. I met a ton of great people and made some awesome memories.
Morale is bad and hard to stay motivated with leadership
Security Forces Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 24, 2017
Same as review summary. Long hours and takes time from being able to do other things outside of work. Good training but doesn't take full advantage of what it could be
Great place to work and learn from hardworking talented people
Cyber Transport Systems Specialist 3D1X2 (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAMarch 22, 2017
Proud to join the Air Force and California National Guard. I have the privilege to work with knowledgeable leaders in modern and Legacy specialty technology who continually share experience and support a strong Training environment.
Great susport staff
Staff Sergeant, Vehicle Management and Analysis (Former Employee) –  South Hampton RD, Phialdelphia PAMarch 22, 2017
As a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic I was primarily responsible for supervising and performing maintenance and recovery operations on wheeled vehicles and associated items, as well as heavy-wheeled vehicles. Some of your duties as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic included.
Maintaining wheeled vehicles, their associated trailers, and operations. I received an Honorable Discharge from the 108 Combat support Hospital, and the PA Army National Guard. Received Honorable Discharge
Pros
world travel
Cons
Armed confilct
Great Environment, Great People
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMarch 21, 2017
The only vice is the promotion system.

The unit I was stationed with was 66th tac. When soldiers are down and out, homeless, divorced or in trouble....this unit has hands down been what I would call a stellar example. The command is caring, thorough and compassionate. Buildings and equipment pretty new and clean
It's the Military
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
Even though in the National Guard, expect to be held to the same standards as an active duty member. One weekend a month and two weeks a year is not always true. However, the work can be rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5