Air National Guard

Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 1,100 reviews matching the search
Good Job
Small Air Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2016
It was a great place to work, but the compensation needs to improve. I put in way to much work to be paid as little as I was. It was great coming to work each day though.
Wish I Were Still There
Powered Support Systems Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDDecember 6, 2016
I LOVED my job! Biggest mistake I ever made in my life was leaving 2 years early, due to a romantic interest (which of course ended up folding...)

Granted, it's regimented, and having to drill once a month is a chore. I was a dual status civilian technician, I might add.

But the pay was great, the benefits wonderful, the working environment (besides the occasional incompetent do-nothing; typically in a managerial position...) was enjoyable. Wish I were still there, but you can't work past the age of 60.

I would recommend the National Guard to anyone. Granted, you'll deal with incompetents and ne'er-do-wells, but they are found everywhere anyway. But, all things considered, I was fortunate to have wonderful and helpful managers mostly, enjoyed my work, and they had controls in place to protect the workers from job hazards. I was a mechanic, Aerospace Ground Equipment.
Pros
Great Pay, good benefits, good managers mostly, good working environment.
Cons
"Good Old Boy" politics regarding promotions and "favoritism."
Very good group to work with
Weapons loading standardization crew chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2016
One of the best job experiences I have ever had. Would do it again if I could! The people in all areas are great. Depending on your job, you might be in the elements and winter can be rough sometimes, but the job is very well worth it.
Pros
People, pay
Cons
None I can think of
Professional
Vehicle Operations Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2016
Professional working environment. Dedicated and friendly co-workers. A wonderful life changing experience! Collaboratively working in a face-paced environment to complete the mission! Was able to work for and with some great people and was able to travel and see several countries along with experience different cultures. Would recommend this career choice to anyone.
Great family atmosphere. They really look after their own.
Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2016
I've loved the 6 years I've been there, plan on retiring with 20 plus years. Leadership has always been there for me from personal situations to career advice.
Great Experience
Journeyman, Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHNovember 30, 2016
play with jets
F-15 Crew Chief (SSgt.) E-5 (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR 97603November 30, 2016
Typical Military environment. Fun to work in a job that's bigger than yourself. Must be able to deal with very different personalities. However, you still have to do the dog and pony shows and stand at attention for an hour or more when called upon.
Pros
Money
Cons
Ceremonys
Steady Employment
Knowledge Operations Management GS07 (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2016
Nice place to work, good benefits, good work schedule, pay is decent, location is good, room for career advancement if full time
Not at all like active duty
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 28, 2016
Guard units can lack the discipline that is exercised while serving on an active duty base. They also tend to be made up of the "good ole boys" system.
well managed
Aerospace Propulsion Work Leader (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKNovember 27, 2016
Good people to work for, management cares for there people, enjoy working in a good atmosphere, working on aircraft give a sense of accomplishment
Pros
People
Cons
hours
Great Career and lifetime experience
Avionics Element Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 27, 2016
Great worldwide experience
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, OHNovember 25, 2016
Great career with two retirements. Traveled all over the world. Great benefits ( college, healthcare, vacation & sick leave.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Deployment to third world countries
excellent choice
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 25, 2016
I loved being a member of The Air National Guard and spent 24 years before medically discharged for my back. There were many positions available to advance.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
after a couple back surgeries could not continue
Rewarding Career
Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 25, 2016
Deciding to join the Air Force is the best thing I may have done in my life thus far. I am proud to serve my country and I am grateful for the opportunity that only 1% of the world does. Moving forward, I look for more opportunities of where I can serve and bring my elite skills to a new horizon.
Pros
Great Customer Service
Cons
Work, Work, Work!!!
Great Opportunity
Security Forces (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 22, 2016
Conduct investigations into any on-base incidents, apprehend and detain suspects, secure crime scenes, and testify in judicial proceedings. involved in team patrol movements, tactical drills, battle procedures and military operations other than war.
Ability to accept and implement coaching and feedback, to achieve individual and team performance goals.
Ability to read and interpret documents and commands.
Air National Guard
Crew Chief Technical Sergeant (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTNovember 22, 2016
If you want to protect and serve here is the place to do it with pride and integrity. This will help you grow as an individual.
good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXNovember 21, 2016
Good serving our great country as a full time technician employee wish they more opportunities for full time and pay raises. Also wished they gave better benefits
Awesome experience
Communication-Computer System Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Murray, WANovember 19, 2016
The Air Force is by far the best place to start your career in any technical field. Not only will they provide you with the best training and hands-on work experience but the benefits that you'll receive makes it all worth it.
Effiecent hardworking environment, great people to work with.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 16, 2016
Everyone is focused here and have a great attitude. The people are real genuine and are great to work with. Flexible hours and great salary.
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun and rewarding.
intergrated electronics (Current Employee) –  fort wayneNovember 15, 2016
I loved working airplanes and being in the military, I love my job here and helping serve America. I love the respect I can earn and the potential for advancement.
Pros
Military life, and rewards
Cons
deployment overseas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6