Air Products Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Microbulk Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2016
The environment at Air Products is warm and welcoming. I would encourage everyone to try to work here if they have the opportunity.
Productive place to work
MRI Service Technician/ Route sales driver (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALNovember 18, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Company Benefits and the people were nice to work with. Had good advancement opportunities and you always felt the company would take care of you. I would recommend any of my friends to go to work for them if they get the chance.
Pros
Benefits and job security
Cons
They sold off the division I worked in.
Good Company to Work For
Qualtiy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasNovember 16, 2016
Good Company to Work For - good benefits and compensations. Good work/life focus. Excellent workforce in the Dallas Plant. Lot's of good people
Cons
Air Products has a great company culture!
CPI & Refining Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 15, 2016
Air Products puts safety first. This is the most important company value and is the most respected within the industry. Being able to work for a company that cares about you and your coworkers every second of every day is something to be said.
Good Company
Microbulk Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2016
Very successful Fortune 250 company. Nothing wrong with the company. It's the Microbulk Position is difficult because of competition. We can't compete with the little guy.
Pros
Work own pace
Cons
Can't compete without packaged gases.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work!! It is unfortunate they are downsizing. The people are wonderful. The benefits are excellent. I have enjoyed my experience at APCI and learned so much.
Great place to work!
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKOctober 17, 2016
Everyone and everything is organized. Friendly co workers and safe work environment. Good benefits and paid vacation time. Tools are supplied to mechanics
Pros
Tools and uniforms supplied
Good Company
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2016
Great culture for learning your field, room for development and always changing, you can be apart of several different teams to find out which area best fits you.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Cafeteria Food
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 23, 2016
Not open for discussin now or in the future. Not open for discussion now or in the future. I care not to comment. It was a long journey, with little to no reward
Pros
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Cons
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Clean and managable workplace and environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2016
I had zero complaints working at Air Products. The building was clean and safety was 100% guarantee. I recommend for first time employees working in housekeeping.
Company philosophy is great. Mgrs aren't onboard
lead tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 31, 2016
great fellow employees. "good ole boy" system in play with mgrs. liked challenge of getting units back in service quickly and under budget. experience is no longer required to excel in company.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Because the company is down sizing people are worry about their jobs.
Sr Process Tech Baytown2 ASU/HYCO Plant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed keeping my equipment and my plant running efficiently. I also enjoyed training operator to work outside and on the board. Because the company is letting employee go, people are worry more about their future.
Pros
You have to know more about the plant than other companies.
Cons
The company is down sizing.
Everyone Matters
Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2016
Bringing the team together as one. Sharing, building and creating, utilizing everyone's skills and trust.

A typical day at AP is pretty busy with a lot of weekly meetings to keep headquarters informed and involved. AP focuses on a stringent safety culture. Standards are high for all that work there.h.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
distance
Job is not suitable for a professional driver.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 11, 2016
Became a driver with Air Products due to them buying EPCO. Miles became drastically reduced and a lot of times could only get one load a day. Same load destination day after day. Driver cohesiveness suffered with driver turnover and morale went way down. Air Products require the drivers to spend extra time, after driving all day, sitting in front of a computer doing web based training. There are times when you have to wait, sometimes up to a half an hour, for paperwork to get faxed to you before you can leave with your load. Plant managers will follow drivers to the customer and report on that drivers job performance to upper management. Drivers are treated like second class citizens. After ten years from when I started driving for EPCO I was given a choice of either a forced relocation to another location or taking a severance package. I was not paid the entire amount that I was led to believe I would be. If you consider yourself a professional driver, DO NOT waste your time with this company!
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
set work times, set work days, having to bid for those days and hours, too many bosses
Excellent career in industrial gases from internal manufacturing to customer interface with end users of products delivered.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
Advanced through almost every product line represented in my many years with them. Great managers who looked out for, shared the load, and support career advancement. Best years of my life.
Pros
Excellent retirement
Cons
Reorganization
very productive
Manufacturing Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 20, 2016
A very nice work place, always learning new things and there wasn't one bad thing about this company. The management as well as all the co workers was awesome to be around daily.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunches
Was a great company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJune 9, 2016
Company no longer in business a new company took over. Did have great benefits and salary. Great experience great culture
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2016
I learned a lot at Air Products and appreciate that opportunity. I worked in a good, productive environment.
I learned how to work with several types of chemicals and processes at this facility.
I had the opportunity to work with many different pieces of equipment and several different crafts.
Good Culture, Active Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMay 22, 2016
A typical day at AP is pretty busy with a lot of weekly meetings to keep headquarters informed and involved. Management is fairly hands-on and is expected to be involved in details most daily activities. AP has an impressive safety culture with excellent computer-based training and an excellent behavior-based safety culture. AP hires good people and standards are high.
Pros
Big company opportunity and mobility, decent benefits, good pay
Cons
Upper management can be very hands on, heavily siloed
Human Resources-Staffing
H R Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, Pa 18104May 18, 2016
I have been with Air Products since I graduated from college even when I took leave for 15 years to raise my kids! The past culture allowed for those choices. I have been in HR for 5 years and totally love the work involved in full cycle recruiting. Although I mainly coordinate interviews within the US and Canada, I have some experience in posting and onboarding. The best part of my job is the extremely competent coworkers I spend my days with. We all have an over the top work ethic. The worse part is seeing the changes in the company resulting in large reductions. I have an interesting blend of HR expertise and years of Home Health Care experience as well. I know whats involved in scheduling for that situation.
Pros
great people, work responsibilities
Cons
minimal chance of advancement in current climate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.