Air Products Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work no job security at last
Field Service Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18195February 25, 2016
Air products was a very safe company to work with . The inmediate management was very good but the upper ceo management lay off many people leaving me and my family in hard times. The salary and compensation was excellent and theb travel and some teammates were very good .Some not so helpful, maybe a job security issue. Thanks
Pros
TRAVEL AND BENEFITS
Cons
TEAM MATES WERE JOB JEALOUS
Horrible Management, Plant safety is a joke, unskilled workers
qc inspector,Ndt (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLDecember 23, 2015
Management rarely takes responsibility for anything, constant accidents,was told to be careful because the safety in the plant is horrible. Very few skilled workers in the plant causing constant problems in the quality of the product. Constantly putting a bandaid on everything and covering up problems especially accident rate. Think twice before relocating for this place.
benefits
Cons
No sense of direction, safety, quality, management
Great Company if you want a Short Future!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 4, 2015
Got an amazing opportunity with great pay and benefits when I joined this company. A new CEO came along one year ago, and my dream of retiring from Air Products became just that....a dream. The morale is low. No one knows when the 'grim reaper' aka the HR Manager is going to show up at their door with a packet. The harm that upper management is reaping on people's livelihood without a blink of an eye is just terrible. No one is exempt from being laid off. It's just horrible!!!! The worst thing is that no one knows when the blood flow will stop. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great pay
Cons
Low morale, poor communication from leadership
World class company with top notch talent and driven workers
IT Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 31, 2016
Although the company routinely goes through restructuring and is currently going through downsizing, it is a top notch organization that provides there employees with the tools for success. As with any Corporation that is trying to be number one and maintain their competitive advantage, at times, employee reductions are necessary. This is the case after a major dspinoff of the company's non core business.
Pros
Just a great place to work and fantastic work life balance.
Professional and Demanding Work Atmosphere
Territory Account Manager - Bulk Gases (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Air Products is an industrial gas company who serves industries across the board, from medical to electronics or food to metal fabrication with gases like nitrogen, oxygen, argon and hydrogen. Typically, sales reps at Air Products are making B2B cold calls on a daily basis while also managing their existing customers in their territory. Managing customer needs can range from providing technical knowledge on applications, negotiating renewals of contracts or providing equipment support. Each sales rep has multiple goals for its territory. These goals are signing new customer, increasing profitability of current customers, not loosing current customers, renewing existing business and correctly predicting customer needs.
Pros
Job Security, Wide Ranging Industry Knowledge, Employees
Cons
Work Atmosphere
Human Resources-Staffing
H R Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, Pa 18104May 18, 2016
I have been with Air Products since I graduated from college even when I took leave for 15 years to raise my kids! The past culture allowed for those choices. I have been in HR for 5 years and totally love the work involved in full cycle recruiting. Although I mainly coordinate interviews within the US and Canada, I have some experience in posting and onboarding. The best part of my job is the extremely competent coworkers I spend my days with. We all have an over the top work ethic. The worse part is seeing the changes in the company resulting in large reductions. I have an interesting blend of HR expertise and years of Home Health Care experience as well. I know whats involved in scheduling for that situation.
Pros
great people, work responsibilities
Cons
minimal chance of advancement in current climate
decent pay good benefits
Micro-bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2015
Overall good job/life balance, decent pay, good benefits. Overall good company to work for, but no real job security. They sold off a large portion of the company, which makes it much more difficult.
Job is not suitable for a professional driver.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 11, 2016
Became a driver with Air Products due to them buying EPCO. Miles became drastically reduced and a lot of times could only get one load a day. Same load destination day after day. Driver cohesiveness suffered with driver turnover and morale went way down. Air Products require the drivers to spend extra time, after driving all day, sitting in front of a computer doing web based training. There are times when you have to wait, sometimes up to a half an hour, for paperwork to get faxed to you before you can leave with your load. Plant managers will follow drivers to the customer and report on that drivers job performance to upper management. Drivers are treated like second class citizens. After ten years from when I started driving for EPCO I was given a choice of either a forced relocation to another location or taking a severance package. I was not paid the entire amount that I was led to believe I would be. If you consider yourself a professional driver, DO NOT waste your time with this company!
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
set work times, set work days, having to bid for those days and hours, too many bosses
Great Company!
Tech Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin Tech CenterAugust 28, 2015
Air Products and Chemicals has a great presence in the manufacturing of semiconductors in Austin TX. Their number one priority is safety and making sure our customers have superb service 24/7. Air Products is an excellent company to work for. They prioritize family. They also have great compensation and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unexpected layoffs to reduce head count leaving a lot of employees jobless
Good Culture, Active Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMay 22, 2016
A typical day at AP is pretty busy with a lot of weekly meetings to keep headquarters informed and involved. Management is fairly hands-on and is expected to be involved in details most daily activities. AP has an impressive safety culture with excellent computer-based training and an excellent behavior-based safety culture. AP hires good people and standards are high.
Pros
Big company opportunity and mobility, decent benefits, good pay
Cons
Upper management can be very hands on, heavily siloed
welding is my passion
Welder/ Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Port Manatee, FLApril 15, 2015
I'm proficient with reading blue prints and have pride in all the work i do, even outside of welding. I enjoy working with a personal that has alot of experience in fabrication because it give me a change to listen and learn the tips and tricks you only learn by doing. The management is good, they send about 10 minutes at the start of the shift going over the tasks for the day and to answer any question about the task. My co-worker are very diverse with age and experience. The most difficult part of this job is working with 3" aluminum and everyday everyone is learning because there are only 3 companys in the world that build liquified natural gas (LNG) Heat exchangers. The best part of the job is the safety, the well planned tasks walk through and challenge of welding high purity aluminum.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
low pay for the skill level
Sell College Manager - Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 29, 2015
Loved working for APCI. Many benefits, loved the work I performed and the value I was able to contribute to the company of the last 21 years.
Pros
location, avaialble work and opportunities
Cons
new ceo cutting jobs and people culture of the company and future uncertain
work at Air products and quemicals
Head Exchenger Mechanic (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2016
the only problem that I found working in air products are, number one the benefic paquech in the help insurance is not good at all, medical insurance not covert enoff eveng if you have a primiun insurance you end do paing more than the insurace pain,and number two the jop is not secure at all wend the contract for lng fabrication fenech is they dont have more coming you going home
Pros
good paid
Cons
jops are only temporary
Good job if your single without any home responsibilities.
Nitrogen Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAApril 17, 2016
Pay is pretty good when your working but sucks when all you have is a 40 HR check. No stability. Not sure if your working day to day. No formal training in place. If you want a home or family life this is not the place. May have to leave home at the drop of a dime Supervisor was only around for health benefits.
Pros
Travel, Hotel points, Working alone sometimes, guaranteed 40 hrs. a week
Cons
No training procedures in place, very poor management
Good Place to Work
Material Coord / TWIC Administrator / Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 24, 2016
My typical day was working in SAP receiving & doing inventory of warehouse parts. I had the opportunity to become more familiar with the SAP system in regards to Operations and Maintenance needs. I worked directly under the Plant Manager.

I was also responsible for making travel & hotel arrangements as well as coding expense reports which was part of the administrative/clerical responsibilities.
Pros
Was able to learn alot that I haven't previously worked with or around.
Cons
Really don't know.
Excellent career in industrial gases from internal manufacturing to customer interface with end users of products delivered.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
Advanced through almost every product line represented in my many years with them. Great managers who looked out for, shared the load, and support career advancement. Best years of my life.
Pros
Excellent retirement
Cons
Reorganization
Not Bad
Megasys Site / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Not Bad. Management is terrible at this particular facility. No communication, no leadership, weak execution, unfair management practices like discriminatory firings, hazing, and restructuring. The soon to be Versum management operates in a vacuum with no input to the pain in the field, therefore poor decisions and poor implementation of systems and programs.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Good group of people to work with. Loyal employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Training coordinator, update procedures, SAP GUI Requisition, AP Direct Buyer, spreadsheets for different projects, event planner, Liaison for local Chamber of Commerce, National Night Out.

I learned how to be an SAP GUI Requisition, AP Direct Buyer.

Management: A fair group.

Co-workers: Everyone gave a hundred percent.

Hardest part of the job: I did not find they hard with work with are for.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Was getting to work with some great people.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2016
I learned a lot at Air Products and appreciate that opportunity. I worked in a good, productive environment.
I learned how to work with several types of chemicals and processes at this facility.
I had the opportunity to work with many different pieces of equipment and several different crafts.
Doesn't care for their employees
HyCO 3 Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 20, 2016
I have worked here less than a year and have seen 3 sets of layoffs due to poor investments done by corporate. There are not enough employees here to handle the work demand due to the layoffs.
There is a high level of stress on a day to day basis that can affect ones health.
Pros
Cons
The company not caring