Air Products

Air Products Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
I've enjoyed working for Air Products - very helpful managers and co-workers. However, the company is currently going through a lot of change and there is high turnover.
A great learning experience with a company in transition
Sourcing Category Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 20, 2015
I have immensely enjoyed my time at Air Products, the combination of organizational changes coupled with the responsibilities of a challenging role makes for days that go by quickly with the ability to make a real contribution to the bottom line.

I can say with honesty say that my roles at Air Products have contributed to my growth as a professional and the international nature of the business has helped my grow as a person.
Great family friendly atmosphere. Small plant and easy to learn.
Process Operator Intern (Current Employee), Geismar, LAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Clean gas plant
Cons: Do not hire often due to small work load
This is a great facility to work at. The work schedule and people working here are great. You control your own destiny here as far as how fast you want to advance as an operator.
welding is my passion
Welder/ Fabricator (Current Employee), Port Manatee, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: low pay for the skill level
I'm proficient with reading blue prints and have pride in all the work i do, even outside of welding. I enjoy working with a personal that has alot of experience in fabrication because it give me a change to listen and learn the tips and tricks you only learn by doing. The management is good, they send about 10 minutes at the start of the shift going over the tasks for the day and to answer any question about the task. My co-worker are very diverse with age and experience. The most difficult part of this job is working with 3" aluminum and everyday everyone is learning because there are only 3 companys in the world that build liquified natural gas (LNG) Heat exchangers. The best part of the job is the safety, the well planned tasks walk through and challenge of welding high purity aluminum.
Great corporate culture
LNG Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 13, 2015
Great corporate culture, gives young engineers opportunities to learn and succeed. Great career development program.
Challenging and fast paced work environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Trexlertown, PAApril 11, 2015
An opportunity to work with highly educated and skilled individuals in a business that touches almost every facet of every day life from food production to energy efficiency. Employee development plans allow managers and employees to be on the same page in terms of career development and early on in your career you are encouraged to learn new skills and change positions every 2-3 years to avoid stagnation.
Good experience
SAP FICO functional Consultant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: coffee
Cons: short breaks
Working on different issues each day
learned how to solve the issues with in a given time
Management is good
Team members good
Attending the meetings
interesting place to work
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee), paceMarch 9, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: shift work
it has been several years since i have worked for the company and i don't feel comfortable writing a review but cant seem to get past this page
Good Company, Great Workforce
Area Construction Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans East, LouisianaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good workforce, great people
Cons: no since of job security despite position or work ethic.
Great people work here. There is a family like, respectable atmosphere. Great "Team Effort" mentality. The company was bought out and is being "value engineered". Budgets have been cut to maximize profitability. Layoffs taking place across the company.
Enjoyable place to work. Wonderful people.
Administrative Dispatching Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CaliforniaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: no supervision needed or micro-managing
Cons: no benefits
Closed Trip Reports for drivers that pick up and deliver product.
I learned how to close trip reports, and calculate measures of nitrogen from liquid to lbs.
The Managers are very thorough and collaborate with all the employees equally.
Co-workers are all very friendly and we share many things
The hardest part of the job was to say good-bye. Nothing was difficult if you applied yourself to learn.
The most enjoyable part of the job was looking forward to going to work everyday.
Strong culture of growth
Sales and Marketing Communications (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 23, 2015
APCI was a great company to work for with a lot of opportunity for growth, recognition and financial reward. Had a good mentoring process and management team were eager to provide sound career advice.
Great
Team Lead (Current Employee), Allentown PAFebruary 18, 2015
Very friendly people and great place to work. Provides good learning experience,and great IT management. It brings best out of you and provides you a very stable decent work hours.
Bureacratic old-school company. Good people.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: bureacratic and inefficient culture
Lots of great people. Company overloaded with forms and processes. Regular workers have almost no access to VP's, and generally not invited to any meetings with VPs. Lots of talk about making improvements, but most improvements are for show, with no real substance. Limited or no IT support. Very restricted use of technology. e.g. PM's not allowed to use MS Project. SharePoint available, but nobody knows how to use it well, and IT does not allow SharePoint Designer to be used. New CEO seems to have no market strategy and provides no guidance to regular workers about where the company is going, except for lots of layoffs.
Highly professional people
QC LAB CHEMIST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Lots of good challenges, opportunities for learning, friendly co-workers; employer values safety and quality, good benefits and life-work balance
Diverse culture
Principal Research Tech (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
diverse culture and management styles . Pilot plant support and cycle time development ; material development for Adsorption
Productive environment with many opportunities for professional growth
PROCUREMENT ANALYST - Energy & Materials (Former Employee), Allentown PAFebruary 10, 2015
Working in a cross-functional team environment where dedicated individuals worked together to foster the success of the company.
A stable industrial gas and chemical supplier
Manager, Marketing Communications (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 4, 2015
I worked at Air Products for nearly 30 years. My experience was that it was a very stable, positive environment to work in. Talented people, caring management, community invovlement, and served interesting end markets around the world.
Low Morale and Uncertain Job Security
Senior Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Reserve, LAJanuary 15, 2015
Low morale and uncertain job security are the main issues at Air Products. Also, compensation is below average. On the positive side, the versatile roles expose you to wide range of responsibilities.
confidential
Principal Dangerous Goods Specialist (Current Employee), Trexlertown, PAJanuary 9, 2015
great co workers
company going through restructuring
multi tasking required
i grew up professionally here
had good managers here
no regrets working here
work is interesting
fair system
Downsized
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great dedicated work force
Cons: business politics and downsizing impacted alot of people
Air Products is a respectable company to work for. Unfortunately, many very talented and qualified people lost their jobs since the new CEO took over in July.
I worked very hard to satisfy my customer's needs and keep them informed of any potential issues with their orders.
I worked extremely hard to develop a relationship with my customers and distributors to create an element of trust with the information I was giving them.
I entered orders, traced orders, advised of any delays to shipments and maintained detailed customer profiles to be sure all orders were delivered to the customers' expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Air Products

Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For – Read more

Air Products Salaries