Air Products Employee Reviews

Comfortable place to work
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 19, 2017
Working at Air Products was a blessing. The workplace culture was really relaxed. They had many choices for health insurances, had a fitness center on site. They made it convenient for all of your needs. I would recommend anyone work at Air Products.
Horrible management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLSeptember 13, 2017
There is a lack of work at Air Products. Not consistent it's either extremely busy or no work. Poor management in the office. No team work, no communication between management and staff. It's not a good environment. Upper management ignores the way staff is treated unfairly.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of team work and horrible management
great place to work
TANKER TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Galt, CASeptember 1, 2017
upon arrival at work you must put on all your safety gear. Pick-up your equipment, proceed to load line and begin the loading process of either liquid nitrogen or oxygen. from there you go to various customers and deliver the product.

In cryogenics it seems you learn something new everyday.

Management are very fair, professional and easy to communicate with.

Great atmosphere and all the employees are very respectable and helpful.
good job
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 31, 2017
I liked working here. If the plant did not shut down I would probably still be working there. I enjoyed traveling with the company and expanding my certifications.
Excellent company
Analytical Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 28, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at APCI. The management knew where it was headed and provided the latitude for us to get it done. Along with leadership, my peers appeared to be invested in the role they had and were passionate about the science.
Great Company
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLAugust 18, 2017
Air Products grew the manufacturing industry in Manatee County, FL and It is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend working here to anyone interested in growing as a welder.
What a joke!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2017
Hiring takes forever! Training takes 6 months! A fine job for someone fresh out of driving school, but not a job I would call a career! Management is a joke! Corporate is even useless!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Awful management, no opportunity for advancement
Salaried Worker (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 16, 2017
Manager uninterested in employee development. Toxic environment. Lots of micromanagement. Not much else to say, won't let me post unless I have a minimum of 150 characters.
Truck driver
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Air productsAugust 9, 2017
Overall a great job for truck drivers! Gets pretty repetitive but at least you know what your doing. Logistics is a pain to deal with very rude and inconsiderate about weather and traffic/ construction situations!
Pros
Money. Company benefits.
Cons
Logistics!
Very good job
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAAugust 6, 2017
They had got a new CEO for the company and he made a lot of job cuts to double the earnings of the company but besides that loved the place good people great work place
Strong safety culture.
worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
A relaxed environment punctuated by moments of panic when the process fails. The company is going thru a growing phase, with new equipment being added and new orders expected.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Working around chemicals
Overall good place
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Union City, INAugust 1, 2017
I've been with the company for 3 years now. The first 6 months was probably the hardest with getting into my own routine. In that time I also became a Driver Mentor and train all new hires. Since then this has been the easiest job I have ever had. There have been ups and downs, weeks I've worked 60 plus hours and weeks I barely got 40, that is the nature of the beast, but I'm guaranteed a 40 hour check. The loads are repetitive but at least you get to know the customer and know where you are going, I average between 1200 and 1600 miles a week, with virtually no wait time for load or unload. Logistics can sometimes be stressful, however they are willing to work with you, if you need an early day and give them enough notice they try to work with you on it. For me this is a great company to work for, they offer room for advancement, it's a little harder as a driver but it is there.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed pay, dependable equipment.
Cons
Hours very from long one day to short the next.
Welder
Welder (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 25, 2017
They are a great place to work. I have a wonderful manager. They are very fair with their number of days you get for vacation and sick time.I was able to move up the ladder quite quickly.
Exciting environment to work in
Microbulk Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 11, 2017
Enjoy the wide range of clients we can touch! Every day is different and exciting! Air Products offers exceptional service and a knowledgeable experts.
Always doing something time goes fast
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 10, 2017
Always working fixing things if job is done for today before time is up they will put you helpinhg other people good work environment not good for people that cant handle the heat
Pros
Get payed every week
Cons
Hard labor is required lost of hrs working
Balanced and at times stressful
Customer Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 6, 2017
Very good gas and chemical company. Job assignments were fair and challenging. lots of room for growth with training and job related classes at area colleges
Good Company
Allentown, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2017
Good Company to work. Very relaxed environment. Very helpful people. Good salary and benefits. Very strict on security and safe environment work place.
Great Company to Work For
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJune 30, 2017
Overall a great company to work for. However, there is little opportunity to grow your career due to the jobs they cut. The company is in period where all they care about is being the most profitable industrial gas company and not the largest industrial gas company.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Not much opportunity
Good Place to Work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
The colleagues are a huge benefit; highly talented and smart individuals all working together to deliver results both to customers and to the company.
Long hours, low pay for California
Chemical Operations and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJune 20, 2017
Consistently under staffed. Pay was low in comparison to less expensive locations. Sometimes worked 7 days per week. Senior Management unaware of the labor required to run certain operations.
Pros
Low Micromanagement
Cons
Lon Hours and low pay for the location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.