Air Products Employee Reviews in United States

Job is not suitable for a professional driver.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 11, 2016
Became a driver with Air Products due to them buying EPCO. Miles became drastically reduced and a lot of times could only get one load a day. Same load destination day after day. Driver cohesiveness suffered with driver turnover and morale went way down. Air Products require the drivers to spend extra time, after driving all day, sitting in front of a computer doing web based training. There are times when you have to wait, sometimes up to a half an hour, for paperwork to get faxed to you before you can leave with your load. Plant managers will follow drivers to the customer and report on that drivers job performance to upper management. Drivers are treated like second class citizens. After ten years from when I started driving for EPCO I was given a choice of either a forced relocation to another location or taking a severance package. I was not paid the entire amount that I was led to believe I would be. If you consider yourself a professional driver, DO NOT waste your time with this company!
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
set work times, set work days, having to bid for those days and hours, too many bosses
Excellent career in industrial gases from internal manufacturing to customer interface with end users of products delivered.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
Advanced through almost every product line represented in my many years with them. Great managers who looked out for, shared the load, and support career advancement. Best years of my life.
Pros
Excellent retirement
Cons
Reorganization
very productive
Manufacturing Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 20, 2016
A very nice work place, always learning new things and there wasn't one bad thing about this company. The management as well as all the co workers was awesome to be around daily.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunches
Was a great company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJune 9, 2016
Company no longer in business a new company took over. Did have great benefits and salary. Great experience great culture
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 24, 2016
I learned a lot at Air Products and appreciate that opportunity. I worked in a good, productive environment.
I learned how to work with several types of chemicals and processes at this facility.
I had the opportunity to work with many different pieces of equipment and several different crafts.
Good Culture, Active Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMay 22, 2016
A typical day at AP is pretty busy with a lot of weekly meetings to keep headquarters informed and involved. Management is fairly hands-on and is expected to be involved in details most daily activities. AP has an impressive safety culture with excellent computer-based training and an excellent behavior-based safety culture. AP hires good people and standards are high.
Pros
Big company opportunity and mobility, decent benefits, good pay
Cons
Upper management can be very hands on, heavily siloed
Human Resources-Staffing
H R Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, Pa 18104May 18, 2016
I have been with Air Products since I graduated from college even when I took leave for 15 years to raise my kids! The past culture allowed for those choices. I have been in HR for 5 years and totally love the work involved in full cycle recruiting. Although I mainly coordinate interviews within the US and Canada, I have some experience in posting and onboarding. The best part of my job is the extremely competent coworkers I spend my days with. We all have an over the top work ethic. The worse part is seeing the changes in the company resulting in large reductions. I have an interesting blend of HR expertise and years of Home Health Care experience as well. I know whats involved in scheduling for that situation.
Pros
great people, work responsibilities
Cons
minimal chance of advancement in current climate
work at Air products and quemicals
Head Exchenger Mechanic (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2016
the only problem that I found working in air products are, number one the benefic paquech in the help insurance is not good at all, medical insurance not covert enoff eveng if you have a primiun insurance you end do paing more than the insurace pain,and number two the jop is not secure at all wend the contract for lng fabrication fenech is they dont have more coming you going home
Pros
good paid
Cons
jops are only temporary
industrial gas company
Lead Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 5, 2016
industrial gas company, balance between work and life, engineer analysis, design and development, located in Allentown
alot of good trainnig
Cryogenics Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 22, 2016
overall good place to work good staff before they bought in new management that didn't have your best interest in mind a lot back stabbing
Pilot Plant Project Chemist
PROJECT CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 20, 2016
Long hours of developing setting up analytical equipment for a Department of Energy Demonstration Unit. Positive work environment from which, management led by example.
Pros
Synergistic integration of Chemical Engineers, Chemists, analyzer specialist and R&D staff.
Cons
Doesn't care for their employees
HyCO 3 Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 20, 2016
I have worked here less than a year and have seen 3 sets of layoffs due to poor investments done by corporate. There are not enough employees here to handle the work demand due to the layoffs.
There is a high level of stress on a day to day basis that can affect ones health.
Pros
Cons
The company not caring
Very good fleet of drivers
Driver/Tech (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 18, 2016
Air Product's is a great company. I've learned a lot working at Air Product's a very stable company. Long work hour 12 to 14 hour days and sometime you may have to go into your 16 hour rule but not often.
Pros
Very good fleet of drivers
Cons
Management doesn't realize they have a good fleet of drivers
Good job if your single without any home responsibilities.
Nitrogen Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAApril 17, 2016
Pay is pretty good when your working but sucks when all you have is a 40 HR check. No stability. Not sure if your working day to day. No formal training in place. If you want a home or family life this is not the place. May have to leave home at the drop of a dime Supervisor was only around for health benefits.
Pros
Travel, Hotel points, Working alone sometimes, guaranteed 40 hrs. a week
Cons
No training procedures in place, very poor management
Been so long
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 12, 2016
Not sure how it is now. it's been a while since i've been there. But, when i was there it was a good company to be with. The pay was ok, but it could be better.
The company is in a downsizing mode
Purchasing Buyer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2016
The company used to be an exciting and interesting place to work. Many of the people still employed there are worried about the company and their jobs. The company has changed dramatically over the last two plus years since a new CEO has been appointed.
Pros
better than average pay
Cons
No longer a cutting edge company
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 1, 2016
Good pay, shift work, no mandatory over time, easy going. easy going bosses, shift differential, learned a lot about working there.
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks
being operated like a PE
Sales Executive/Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 29, 2016
lot of job responsibilities to make an impact.

Devoid of significant leadership.

laser focus on making required returns
Good Place to Work
Material Coord / TWIC Administrator / Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 24, 2016
My typical day was working in SAP receiving & doing inventory of warehouse parts. I had the opportunity to become more familiar with the SAP system in regards to Operations and Maintenance needs. I worked directly under the Plant Manager.

I was also responsible for making travel & hotel arrangements as well as coding expense reports which was part of the administrative/clerical responsibilities.
Pros
Was able to learn alot that I haven't previously worked with or around.
Cons
Really don't know.
Good job and safe work enviorment
Welder Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 6, 2016
Rewarding job with the ability to grow and become better both in the job at hand and within the company. Day to day duties were unique and challenging.