Air Products Employee Reviews

A Great place to work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 9, 2016
Air Products was a great place to work. Very safety oriented. Wanted to make sure you went home the same way you came. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with every day.
Pros
People
Cons
Having to leave
Because the company is down sizing people are worry about their jobs.
Sr Process Tech Baytown2 ASU/HYCO Plant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed keeping my equipment and my plant running efficiently. I also enjoyed training operator to work outside and on the board. Because the company is letting employee go, people are worry more about their future.
Pros
You have to know more about the plant than other companies.
Cons
The company is down sizing.
Pilot Plant Project Chemist
PROJECT CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 20, 2016
Long hours of developing setting up analytical equipment for a Department of Energy Demonstration Unit. Positive work environment from which, management led by example.
Pros
Synergistic integration of Chemical Engineers, Chemists, analyzer specialist and R&D staff.
welding is my passion
Welder/ Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Port Manatee, FLApril 15, 2015
I'm proficient with reading blue prints and have pride in all the work i do, even outside of welding. I enjoy working with a personal that has alot of experience in fabrication because it give me a change to listen and learn the tips and tricks you only learn by doing. The management is good, they send about 10 minutes at the start of the shift going over the tasks for the day and to answer any question about the task. My co-worker are very diverse with age and experience. The most difficult part of this job is working with 3" aluminum and everyday everyone is learning because there are only 3 companys in the world that build liquified natural gas (LNG) Heat exchangers. The best part of the job is the safety, the well planned tasks walk through and challenge of welding high purity aluminum.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
low pay for the skill level
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 23, 2016
Not open for discussin now or in the future. Not open for discussion now or in the future. I care not to comment. It was a long journey, with little to no reward
Pros
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Cons
Not open for discussin now or in the future
Great work environment
Microbulk Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2016
The environment at Air Products is warm and welcoming. I would encourage everyone to try to work here if they have the opportunity.
World class company with top notch talent and driven workers
IT Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 31, 2016
Although the company routinely goes through restructuring and is currently going through downsizing, it is a top notch organization that provides there employees with the tools for success. As with any Corporation that is trying to be number one and maintain their competitive advantage, at times, employee reductions are necessary. This is the case after a major dspinoff of the company's non core business.
Pros
Just a great place to work and fantastic work life balance.
Professional and Demanding Work Atmosphere
Territory Account Manager - Bulk Gases (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Air Products is an industrial gas company who serves industries across the board, from medical to electronics or food to metal fabrication with gases like nitrogen, oxygen, argon and hydrogen. Typically, sales reps at Air Products are making B2B cold calls on a daily basis while also managing their existing customers in their territory. Managing customer needs can range from providing technical knowledge on applications, negotiating renewals of contracts or providing equipment support. Each sales rep has multiple goals for its territory. These goals are signing new customer, increasing profitability of current customers, not loosing current customers, renewing existing business and correctly predicting customer needs.
Pros
Job Security, Wide Ranging Industry Knowledge, Employees
Cons
Work Atmosphere
Clean and managable workplace and environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2016
I had zero complaints working at Air Products. The building was clean and safety was 100% guarantee. I recommend for first time employees working in housekeeping.
Great place that taught great work ethic and safety
Logistics Lead and Chemical & Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2013
My typical day at work would include checking delivery log of chemicals being delivered and transfer them from the trailer to supply areas. Interchanging chemical drums in and out of units to ensure chemical flow to the fabs. Connecting ISO trailers to Chemical units to supply the fabs with chemical. I learned discipline and hard work ethic as how important is is to developing great work habits and safety. Management was great and always motivating you to do better and be great. Co-workers always did their part and created a great work environment. The hardest part was always adapting to new unexpected and new schedule and shift changes. The most enjoyable part was knowing you could advanced there rather quickly.
Pros
great pay, work experience and benifits
Cons
unexpected shift and schedule changes
Company philosophy is great. Mgrs aren't onboard
lead tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 31, 2016
great fellow employees. "good ole boy" system in play with mgrs. liked challenge of getting units back in service quickly and under budget. experience is no longer required to excel in company.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Company!
Tech Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin Tech CenterAugust 28, 2015
Air Products and Chemicals has a great presence in the manufacturing of semiconductors in Austin TX. Their number one priority is safety and making sure our customers have superb service 24/7. Air Products is an excellent company to work for. They prioritize family. They also have great compensation and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unexpected layoffs to reduce head count leaving a lot of employees jobless
decent pay good benefits
Micro-bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2015
Overall good job/life balance, decent pay, good benefits. Overall good company to work for, but no real job security. They sold off a large portion of the company, which makes it much more difficult.
work at Air products and quemicals
Head Exchenger Mechanic (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2016
the only problem that I found working in air products are, number one the benefic paquech in the help insurance is not good at all, medical insurance not covert enoff eveng if you have a primiun insurance you end do paing more than the insurace pain,and number two the jop is not secure at all wend the contract for lng fabrication fenech is they dont have more coming you going home
Pros
good paid
Cons
jops are only temporary
Kim Muller - Day in the life at Air Products
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
A typical day at work is always a busy one that consists of a lot of multi tasking day in and day out. I learned a lot working at Air Products through my 22 years of Employment started back in 1992.

I wouldn't say there was a hard part of my job, because each challenge I took in stride and I would figure out what I needed to do and get the job done.

As far as my Co-workers, I had great relationships throughout my time at Air Products and as well as Management level including top Executives of our company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction, I had with the College students in the recruiting program.
Pros
Overtime pay, Intern events, benefits
Cons
Need a change
Sell College Manager - Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 29, 2015
Loved working for APCI. Many benefits, loved the work I performed and the value I was able to contribute to the company of the last 21 years.
Pros
location, avaialble work and opportunities
Cons
new ceo cutting jobs and people culture of the company and future uncertain
Serious and exciting place to work
Maintenance Tech/Welder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2012
Everyday starts out with safety meeting, streches and excersice. We go through the work orders and go out and fix replace or repair what is on our tasks for the day. We all work as teams and mostly everyone gets along very well.
Learning process is an everyday thing becauce something new usually comes up, but past experience always comes in handy on these occations.
As in every place there will be some friction or descrepencies of some sort but are easilly worked out through the channels set in place and everyone goes on and work is back to normal.
The most fun we had would be at our celebration parties. whether at the plant for safety records or anniversaries or whatever!
Pros
good benefits, working hours, good people.
Cons
working with chemicals is always dangerous but working safely usually eliminates the hazards.
Establised company with growth opportunities
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 3, 2013
While most of Air Products is an established supplier of bulk chemical and gasses, they do have division concentrated on growth within the semiconductor equipment field. This offers many opportunities to work on various development projects from the concept phase through prototyping. The environment is friendly and collaborative. There is a bit of established procedures that can seem to impede progress but are there to insure quality and consistency. Overall it is a good place to work however due to the cyclical nature of the industry projects are not guarantied so you will constantly be looking for the next project or opportunity within the company.
Pros
benifits are good
The company is in a downsizing mode
Purchasing Buyer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2016
The company used to be an exciting and interesting place to work. Many of the people still employed there are worried about the company and their jobs. The company has changed dramatically over the last two plus years since a new CEO has been appointed.
Pros
better than average pay
Cons
No longer a cutting edge company
Enjoyable place to work. Wonderful people.
Administrative Dispatching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CaliforniaFebruary 25, 2015
Closed Trip Reports for drivers that pick up and deliver product.
I learned how to close trip reports, and calculate measures of nitrogen from liquid to lbs.
The Managers are very thorough and collaborate with all the employees equally.
Co-workers are all very friendly and we share many things
The hardest part of the job was to say good-bye. Nothing was difficult if you applied yourself to learn.
The most enjoyable part of the job was looking forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
No supervision needed or micro-managing
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.