AIR TRANSPORT INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
Publication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2015
Air Transport International gave me my first opportunity outside of the Air Force to be a Technical Writer. For that, I am grateful beyond belief. there was a lot to learn as my eyes opened towards the fascinating world of Technical Writing.
Pros
great!
Great start but steady decline
Station Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRFebruary 12, 2015
Since the new ownership of ATI took over, mismanagement caused loss of revenue and employees. The pre-merger ATI was well run.
It was one of the best time s of my life
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansaOctober 13, 2014
I have no complaines of this company. Sad that it was just a contract of one year. Loved working for them.
Pros
discounts, transportation, best benefits ever.
Cons
n/a
Extensive travel opportunities
Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2014
I was able to best utilize my learned skills within the confines of this position. World travel was required which presented many unique situations to manage.
not a bad place to work If your single
CARGO MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2013
long hours little sleep its an airline its a unpredictable place to work
Very fun and fast paced place to work
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 7, 2013
I was hired through a temp company so I do not know how their benefits plan works. I loved working with my co-workers. They were very friendly and helpful. They made my job extremely easy by having very detailed training, and were always there to answer questions.
Pros
we went out to lunch as a group several times
Cons
short period of time that i was needed there.
Wide variety of work. No two days of work where the same.
Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2013
Maintained 1 the 16 Dougles DC-8 and Boeing 767 aircraft per night at Toledo Express Airport. Learned aircraft hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, flight control systems and electrical systems. Troubleshot, safely repair systems and return aircraft back to service.
Pros
very flexable work schedule.
Very fun place to work.
Aerospace Buyer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be purchasing parts, sending parts out for overhaul. I learned of inventory control having what you need where you needed it. Management was good but could have been better. Co-workers were knowledgeable and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep stock in all the different locations needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the different vendors, price negotiations, vendor sourcing.
Pros
four day work weeks if you wanted.
Cons
healthcare was expensive
I was happy there
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2013
I really liked my job. But, I was furloughed there twice in 4 years.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
if you worked in flight operations, you were gone away from home for 2 to 3 weeks.
Turbulent Changing Airline
First Officer B767 and DC-8. (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2012
This used to be a great fun place to work. However with recent management changes, a merger with another airline and the downturn in the global economy it has become just another company dwindling away. With cuts in service, personnel and benefits in the last six months it has become an example of what to expect in the new economy. A typical day at work is long, usually 12 hours or more, with varied schedules and routines. Management is now in panic mode. With the recent merger, the previous management that a lot of experience with this type of operation have been replaced with a group who while experienced, do not have the type of experience required to operate a company like this. This results of the last six months have proven this. With a 50 percent reduction in the aircraft fleet and furloughing of 220 pilots.

The best part of the job was a mix of all kinds of things. The people I worked with were the best. The job challenging and dynamic. I will surely miss it.
I love what I do and is sadden to see it relocate
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2012
Typical day at work: Busy
What I've learned: Loyal
My Co-Workers: Friendly
The hardest part about my job: Is making decisions
The most enjoyable part about my job: Customer Skills
Pros
has giving me the opportunity to work with this company for almost 7 yrs
Cons
recolating to a different state ( ohio )
Great company for past 14 years
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2012
Excellent company to work for. I enjoyed the opportunity to grow in my career and they provided me with excellent training.
Pros
company was always cordial and took care of its employees.
Cons
healthcare went above employees ability to afford it.
shipping and receiving of air craft parts
COMAT (Former Employee) –  Swanton, OHNovember 23, 2012
Typical day was was taking tires and brakes off the air crafts bellies and cockpits and putting them in stock and shipping the parts to to other locations. I learned to do shipping and receiving at this company. The management was good from what i remember, i was young then. all the co-workers were a good group of people. the worst part about the job was sometimes there would be so many parts going in and out that there was not enough time to do it all and it made me feel uncomfortable. the part I liked most about the job was being around the air crafts.
Pros
worked with my brother.
Cons
low pay, no health care
Undergoing down sizing and growth pains
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2012
Company is down sizing and antisapating growth in near future. People are changing daily. Hard to tell if its the same company I hired on with over 17 years ago. Company going through growing pains.
Pros
getting newer aircraft
Cons
company down sizing
Over all it is a good place to work.
Line mechanic (Former Employee) –  KDFWMay 19, 2012
ATI as a place to work was ok. ATI like most companys, has a good old boy click in upper management. The majority of the maintenance jobs at ATI now are 20 days on 10 days off, you are away from home and family for 20 days at a time. Pay was ok but not great.
Pros
weekends off, day shift or swing shift
Cons
if a/c was aog, you were there until it becomes green, (only 3 mechanics) at each station.

2.9