Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation

Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company/ fair treatment
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2017
I liked working for Air Wisconsin , to bad they ended the contract . The management was supper helpuful and caring , they will train you properly and trat you like a person .
Pros
flight benefits .401 k
Cons
nothing
Nice to start aviation career
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Air Wisconsin is well establish company on the northeast, is a good starting point to get familiar with the aviation industry. it got good benefits on the really long run.
Pros
good benifits on the long run
Cons
working enviroment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 7, 2017
This Is a very fast pace job. You have got to be able to multi task in a numerous of things. You have fun but you work. you have 3 shifts day, evening and nights. Nights are fun and laid back. Management is okay but some of them are weird.
Pros
Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Long work days. Dont want to pay you for your experience
Stay away
Former Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Upper management refuses to tell employees if our jobs are secure. We're headed towards the end of our regional contract with a Mainline carrier. No one knows if the doors are closing within the next few months or so. Management here is awful. The health benefits are excellent!!! The flying privileges is a joke. There is a pilot shortage. the pilots that we do have are burned out! This use to be a great place to work. Everything has changed. Due to Mainline taking all the gates, a lot of our boarding takes place out on the ramp in rain, sleet or snow. The operation is terrible and management is extremely unfair. The overnights are short. The duty days are long and headquarters does not do a good job with building schedules.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
No new contract
Pilot interview
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
At first glance, everything appeared very organized. Interview process was like clock work procision. They made an offer, explained the terms well, finger printed, urine sample,, went home fill out background questionnaire with Sterling Talent Solutions. The lady that was processing my background emailed me the same questions daily . I would send back release forms one by one daily. I sent the same release forms multiple times concerning the same contacts. My patients was starting to wear thin. For the last 10 years, I have had many background investigationsand high level security clearance but none like this. I was told by the HR person to take his phone number and email in case I have any questions. To date, I have never received any return phone calls from my hr contact or emails returned. I now have other companies that want to hire me and actually start work ASAP. I guess with all the AWAC red tape , we both missed the boat.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Smoke and mirrors
pay terrible
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 29, 2016
work due cold weather loading and unloading luggage for only 9.00 per hour. hours terrible so much down time doing nothing but waiting for next plane arrival
Pros
long day with no work
Cons
long day with no work boring
A foot in the door
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 24, 2016
Great opportunity to get started in aviation; it taught me a lot about being a Flight Attendant. Now I will seek mainline Flight Attendant work.
Great work group
Inflight instructor and observer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 7, 2016
a great start to a career in aviation. Great co workers and management. Free travel and great medical benefits. Opportunities to move up in the company.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2016
Assisted with cleaning the aircraft inside and out and getting the aircraft ready for the next days departure. Made sure that manuals were up to date in aircraft.
A very unstable Company and Industry
Technical Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA. 19153October 10, 2016
A very unstable Company and Industry to be a part of if you are supporting a family. I wouldn't recommend this Industry to anyone looking to make a career out of it.The free travel was the best part of the whole experience.
Pros
Free Air Travel
Cons
A very unstable Company and Industry
Great People
HR (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 10, 2016
Air Wisconsin is a great place to work, and every department feels like a family. People do workout challenges together and surprise each other for birthdays or big events. The departments come together to give back to the community or for the Trivia Contest. (You should see the sweet homemade trophy!) Air Wisconsin also matches donations to charities that employees care about, and do fun things to raise money. For example, maybe you buy 'jean day' tickets and the money goes to charity.

Some employees are worried since Air Wisconsin's contract with American is up in 2018, BUT that isn't a death date. You can tell Senior Leaders are working hard on a solution. They can't go around telling us all the details, because nothing is finalized. I understand why some people are frustrated due to worry, but I also completely understand where the Senior Leaders are coming from.
Pros
Friendly Staff
fun but hard job
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 5, 2016
love to work with my co-worker, i meet lots of nice people, but the company really not good,, and some of the management, can say any good about some of them. but the job alone was fun, receiving planes dispatch them, transfer bags it was fun.
Lazy, rude pilots work there
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
The company overall is not a bad place to work for, coworkers can make a great difference on how the day will go. The issue is the lazy, self-entitled pilots that work for this company, always complaining about something, never wanting to put any effort into anything. They have a mentality that it is them vs. AirWis. I completely dislike dealing with them and their horrible attitudes that they have. Maybe if they got off their high horse and actually tried to be efficient the company would be able to succeed even further. They tend to be rude when they go up to the gates and just expect everyone to bend over backwards for them.
Pros
flying benefits, coworkers
Cons
pilots, management
passenger service agent
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 30, 2016
i loved my job, meeting new ppl... only thing i would complain about were their benefits wished it was like mainline's united.
A very diverse place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 28, 2016
Company needs to enhance to digital system. Management is great. The most enjoyable about the job is you get to travel for free and meet people everyday.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Low compensation
Challenging
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2016
I am in charge from beginning to end, i do the announcements, make sure passengers are following rules and regulations, do my beverage service, clean up the galley and everything comes down to safety compliance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 14, 2016
Decent Company It was ok and I was a part time employee. My experiences may differ from others. It was a union job and that caused some complications. Would have preferred a non-union environment and a little more flexibility.
good company
Passenger Services/Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 1, 2016
good company to work with, working at ramp, safety first, recommend others. good company and management. would go back to work. no job was hard. good people to work with.
Pros
good company
Cons
No Cons
Disenfranchised work force
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 31, 2016
Compensation and flexibility was low enough that work force actually organized a non-union strike. Hours were more than agreeable and work wasn't to hard, just hot.
Honestly, I would never want to work at the airport after this job
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 23, 2016
I have never been so displeased with the way that the airport runs the ground operations. The hours that are worked are not flexible and having "mandatory overtime" is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I would never recommend someone to work at this airport EVER.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9