AirBnB Employee Reviews

Everyone Belongs!
Global Security Operations Center Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2016
Awesome culture to work in. Super friendly, community is very active, always a different day when I arrive at the office. Free food, I truly get to taste the world everyday!
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Downtown parking
So interesting to be a host
Host (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2016
As a host, I got the chance to meet people from all different backgrounds with different stories.
Most of the guest were super polite, kindly and be aware of me.
Greet new guest and provided the best impression , attention to details, excellent host/customer service and increased business up to 98% in a year
Bed and Breakfast, Self-Employee/Owner (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJuly 23, 2016
Amazing experience meeting, helping hosting guests from Europe, Asia, Australia and Centro America.
Provided professional and friendly customer assistant and keep maintenance and guests need as a top priority.
Pros
Meet people worldwide
Cons
Sad to seeing leaving
Airbnb
Airbnb Host (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2016
An awesome way to meet new people and offer services at reasonable rates. The job was very easy and has limitless benefits. I loved it. If you love people and enjoy entertaining this is the job for you.
Pros
You are your own boss! Meet lots of cool people and make connections
Awesome place to work!
Bed & Breakfast Host (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 29, 2016
I love Airbnb. They have provided a way for me to bring in extra income and do what I love most which is to make my home an oasis and to serve guests with a pleasurable experience while staying with me.
Tough place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2016
-Limited to no growth potential
-Strong lack of work/life balance
-Highly inexperienced management
-Lightning fast pace
-Burnout environment
Amazing
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Great second source of income. Lots of freedom to manage your own way. I will continue to rent my home as long as I can. Great idea and I hope it sticks around for years to come.
Pros
freedom
Helpful and happy
Denver Area Host Team Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2016
Great company and provides great backup for hosts. Super flexible and they are always there to help a host. Super fast on response.
Pros
flexible
Trip Agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 6, 2016
There are a plethora of people who don't do anything and still have a job. I made one mistake and written up for it and then fired, which wasn't even a rightful termination.

Loved the agents and the environment but the clients between 24-7 InTouch and Airbnb have no understanding of valuing their employees.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Training, Choices for Management, Priority of Agent's happiness
Consultant
Special Projects - Freelance Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Great work team. Very supportive. Great perks in travel credit I highly recommend working here.They were very flexible and I was able to work from home
Fun place to work and amazing colleagues
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  DublinDecember 19, 2015
I have worked at Airbnb as a Customer experience specialist for about a year.
Airbnb is a great company to work for, they have amazing offices and great perks: breakfast, lunch, snacks, health insurance, happy hours, travel coupons every quarters for employees, laptop provided, etc.
They take good care of their employees and they have a great on-boarding training.

For this position, we usually worked in shift either from Sunday to Thursday or from Tuesday to Saturday.

The only drawback while I was there was a lack of consistency between managers across teams but the issue was identified so I am confident that it is being taken care of.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the company and its culture and I would recommend working for them.
Pros
Perks (food, travel coupons and much more), great culture, amazing co-workers
Cons
Lack of consistency between managers
Everyday life
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work is unpredictable, considering each case is different. I've learned the victories and difficulties in working with travel/booking. My co-workers are awesome for the most part, I get along with everyone and do not mind helping when needed. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job would be balancing the stress depending on the level of difficulty behind the case, and the most enjoyable part is saving the day!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks/Pay
Flexible and Rewarding
Property Management and Host (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 4, 2015
Hosting and interacting with guests is fun and rewarding.
You make new friends, build new relationships, and help people transition from one move to another.
The system is easy. Guests see our profile on site and reserve a time. We confirm the reservation and take care of each guest dedicated to achieve guest satisfaction.
Management includes collection of deposits for keys and house keeping, house cleaning and maintenance, and showing and guiding guest through residence.
The hardest part of the job is receiving a rude guest who is high maintenance and the best way to handle the guest is to be calm and collected. If problems arise, we try to come up with the best solution and best service for that guest.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends that have lasted long past their stay.
Pros
New friendships
Cons
Rude acquaintances
Flexible and rewarding
Host (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 30, 2015
I was my own boss, so I only hosted when I had the time. I learned to manage my time, deal with people from different backgrounds, and learn about different cultures. Cons are: minimum security and could be more than a full time job as I was on call 24/7.
Always Changes
Sociologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
It was a interesting complex due to the legalization of Airbnb in NYC. We worked in a cool office space but everyone was assigned a territory.
Fun Start-up culture.
CS (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2014
Work hard, play hard is a standard motto. Every one works very hard. There is never a lack of things that need to be done.
Pros
amenities
Cons
too big
Great
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2013
Has allowed me to accomplish what I have dreamed of. Its been a year and I dont plan on changing anything.
Really great company and lots of fun!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 13, 2013
Airbnb really allows one to develop artistry and skill, while remaining fair, fun and very responsive to both client and employee needs. I really enjoy free lancing with them and cherish all of the wonderful people I meet daily because of Airbnb.
Pros
increase in skills, steady work
L'expérience Acquise
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  U.S.A / New York-New JerseyDecember 24, 2015
Avec la société Airbnb, je travaille comme agent de liaison entre le client et Airbnb. Cela m'a donné l'occasion d'apprendre de culture différente, rencontrer des gens merveilleux et partager mes connaissances du tourisme et de l'hospitalité.Mon devoir était d'aider les clients à adapter à la culture américaine et faire leur transition plus facile que possible.