Airbus Group Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 22, 2017
Very Busy from start to finish
Unlimited learning, meaning learn as much as you want
Management is awesome
culture very diverse, great
hardest part of job, none, just multi tasking
Management, the people, and the diversity
Pros
Meeting new people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 17, 2017
Traveled many times from Virginia USA to Madrid Spain for meetings. I believe we all suffered from jetlag and did not get all we could out of the meetings. We were in Spain for 3.5 days before we had to return,
Pros
Great Benifits
Travel is the hardest part
Field Engineer Specialist for Vesta Product (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 6, 2017
This is a rewarding job.
But the demands of the job impact home life.

If you can take the continously being on the road it's a great job.

You are independent and expected to solve complex problems independently with minimal help.

You will literally have people's lives depending on you.
If you can shoulder that burden you will Excell.

I have and do everyday.
However burn out is a problem.
Pros
Rewarding, challenging
Cons
Travel and lack of home life.
Great team of Engineers
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 5, 2017
Structures Engineering group is a tight-knit group. We perform well as a team to accomplished a similar goal of worldwide aircraft support. We have also aided in design modification for C-212 and CN235 aircraft.
Worst Job Ever
Blade Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 11, 2017
Worst place to work. The people in this shop are complete backstabbers. If your new to the industry and want to excel in the aerospace industry DO NOT go here! This is a dead end job. ITS A COMPLETE SWEATBOX
Pros
Cons
Sweatshop environment
Loved working for Airbus
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 9, 2017
I would fly out on a Monday meet with the customer on Tuesday go over everything to make sure everyone was on the same page an give them a timeline. Fly home on Friday.

I got to drive a new and different car every week, I got to stay in a new city and try new and exciting food all while getting paid to do my job. I loved working for Airbus.
Pros
Most of the time you were home on the weekend
Cons
Sometimes travel was over the weekend
System Installer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 6, 2017
Don't ever use their speak up culture they say they want badly. They use it to remove those workers from the company. I know several people who used it and the are all gone except a few. And all those people have been written up and in the process of begin let go. On the other hand they hire a lot of ex military personal ( I am one of them). This is part of their problem. It has the military culture and you all know you cant speak your mind. Its truly a enigma.
Pros
steady work, clean enviorment, nice cafateria, hire ex military, plenty of training.
Cons
To advance you must step on your mothers neck most of the time, Its difintly not what yhou know its who youy can throw under the bus
Security
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 6, 2017
I would never work for this company again, they do not care for there employees and they will fix things were they are only benefiting from it. They need to be reviewed by the BBB
Enjoyed It
Enterprise Portal Architect (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2017
Overall the place was great to work at. I thing the over all management, and people there wanted you to do a good job. They made sure to provide you with all the proper resources to do just that.
Fun Place to work
Director/ CHIEF ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 19, 2017
Work on leading edge technology
Learned a lot about the business and management
The pace was really quick, working with customers and product development teams
Innovate
Great Job
Quality Assurance Focal Point Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2017
Great place to work, continually changing to meet the demands of there customer. Learn the difference between Team work & individual work. Excellence culture environment.
Pros
Excellence benifits
Cons
There were none
Good benefits and decent work environment
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 14, 2017
Airbus DS Communications offers its employees better than average benefits, including health insurance, 401K, and compensation, as well as a decent work environment.
Work environment, satisfactory
SENIOR STRESS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  AugsburgMay 13, 2017
There is not to much to tell.
The management level is poor. There is non-satisfactory effort to train the personnel. If comparing with the Boeing policy, the Airbus is not a appropriate work place for growing the professional level.
Contract Job
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
It is one of the top aircraft companies in the industry. I have always made my customer experienced a strict approach to regulations and delivery of a quality product every time the first time.
work life balance is great
Quality Document Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 3, 2017
it is a good company to work for a little behind in the technology tho. Will keep contractors on way too long unless you know someone within the company. They have favorites within the department as well.
Great benefits and security
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 25, 2017
Great job security but they would rather promote someone from Europe than bring someone up from the American side. Great health insurance and benefits as well as employee bonus.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy departments
Airbus group general labor and helping
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 16, 2017
It was a very fun and exciting experience but I was looking for more challenging work but overall the company was a very great company with a great management team
awful work environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 13, 2017
When we had are previous CEO this was a great place to work, he cared for his people and made sure it showed. Our current CEO is only focused on making himself look good at whatever the cost the to the employee.

There is no communication between the top level management and middle/lower level management. If top level management doesnt like your manager they will make his life a nightmare. The lack of communication is sometimes still astounding. Last minute notification making lower level employees have to work overnight and weekends, seems to happen more and more often. Costing them time with their families while the "higher ups" parade around in fancy suits speaking about dinners or outings they had with customers.

I am very grateful that my direct boss, doesn't let the way his boss talks and treat him affect that way he treats his team. He is one of few that i would totally recommend working for, if he sticks around.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
lack of communication from top management to middle and lower level management, everyone out for themselves, no communication between departments, awful work culture
Great company and amazing people.
Structures Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 30, 2017
Probably the best company I've ever worked for.
The benefits are unmatched in the state and the country. Great work atmosphere, professional and family friendly.
Pros
Great benefits. High level of professionalism. Very family friendly work place.
Cons
Sedentary.
Excellent company to gain experience
Lead Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  BristolMarch 24, 2017
Excellent company to gain experience. Mobility opportunities. Great training opportunities. You get exposed to important decisions. Flexible timetables.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Slow pace Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3