Airbus Group Employee Reviews in United States

Dynamic and Innovative
Senior Business/Commercial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 13, 2016
My experience at Airbus, the organization regardless of the change in ownership continue maintain the excellency in its products and service offering to its Customers. Employees regardless of change in ownership continue to demonstrate the excellency and commitment to the growth and development of the organization
Airbus Live By Example
Senior Engineer - A350 Aircraft Seating Focal (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 14, 2016
There is good reliable work however tasks can seem daunting due to built in bureaucracy. Working your way up the corporate ladder is tough due to the fact that management positions are not plentiful.
Descent working environment. Can joke and laugh while at work.
Warehouse Associate(Receiving) (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMarch 12, 2016
I'm expected to come in and do my job. They don't treat me like a robot or anything. It's not a lot of pressure on me, but I don't allow it to be because I do my job. We've had managers to come and go so, there is no stability there. I'm in the receiving department but I've cross-trained in other the departments, such as pick-pack, and some shipping. Most of my co-workers are fun to work with. A couple of the supervisors don't know how to stay professional or supervise there people. That can be most difficult about the job. They are about to shut down the warehouse by the end of November 2016 so, this is why I'm applying for other jobs. Transferring to Miami or Virginia is not feasible for me and my family.
Pros
Occassional free lunches, recofnition and rewards for being an employee for x amount of years.
Cons
Once we were bought out, no stablitiy. Didn't see a big potential of moving up in the company.
Exerienced Satcom, Telecom and Wireless Sales Director/Account Executive
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 2, 2016
Proven leadership working with DoD, Federal and Civilian and Commercial Enterprise sector highlighting sales and business development.
Pros
Leadership skills by direct approach to C level customers
Cons
Ability to not end my day however is part of being a good sales/BD representative
Good Benefits
Quality Management Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Benefits are above excellent. Facility has adequate lighting and is temperature controlled. I was told at during the job interview that there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement for Quality Inspectors.
Pros
Facility is temperature-controlled and well lit.
Cons
Absolutely no opportunity for career advancement or development.
Work life balance is needs to improve.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 11, 2016
Little guidance form management - give you enough rope to hang yourself. Culture is clicky and down. Little enthusiasm.
Pay and benefits are excellent and travel is extensive.
Very Good company for compensations.
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 22, 2016
Insurance & benefits are next to none.
Work involves understanding muliple programs.
Travel can involve long or short term stays in the UK, Germany or France.
Incredible Company
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2016
The best working experience I have had. Great work life balance. Excellent management. Culture is laid back & professional.
Very easy company to work for.
Senior System Staging Technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Very productive and relaxed environment. Able to perform work without interruptions from management. Very focused on employees interacting with management to maintain a positive workplace.
Highly skilled and trustworthy team
Project and Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ToulouseOctober 15, 2015
Airbus has been one of the most beautiful work experience both professionally and on a personal level. Working for such an international company, you get to learn how to communicate and work in a multicultural environment. The success stories I had with the team allow me to build trustful and strong work relationships.

I have learned to work in a complex environment where things has to be delivered on time and quality. The customer is the priority!

One of the main challenges working for such a big company is that the decision making process can be slow and frustrating. By ensuring that all people impacted by any project is well informed and onboard, we were able to improve and speed up the decision making process.
Pros
Challenging projects, International Environment, Availability of trainings
Cons
Slow decision making process
Generally a good work-life balance, great benefits. Issues with management
Software Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 10, 2015
I have worked here just over 1 year and have found the group I work with to be fun and everyone values work-life balance. However, over time I have gained insight to upper management practices, not always truthful and affects employee confidence.
Pros
laid back environment, good benefits
Cons
unsupportive management
I enjoyed working there
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time here but do to being sold twice I was laid off after promises that would not happen. While there I enjoyed what I learned and would work there again If they where not so far away.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
job security became an issue
Great company to work for
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 16, 2015
Airbus is the world's leading helicopter manufacturer. It's a good place to work.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  grand prairieJuly 6, 2015
My day begin at 6:30 am every day. Usually I have a job already assigned from the day before.
Normally I learn something new every day.
Most of the co-workers complain of mismanagement including me. I believe that supervisors need a guide of learn how they should treat their employees or do more personal development.
My co-workers are great and I can work with no problem with everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn something new.
Pros
co-workers, good attitude, good benefits, team work.
Cons
Short-breaks, mismanagement, lacking organization and poor communication
Good company with good benefits
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Good company. Currently going through transitional changes due to the economy. Continued growing pains but overall a good place to work. Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
low morale, transition changes
Contracts Department was a productive workplace.
Sr. Administrative Assist/Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 28, 2015
Typing and proofing documents, submitting expense reports and providing general administrative assistance. I learned how to prepare and execute Non-disclosure Agreements and Consulting Agreements.

The hardest part of my job was understanding the terminology of European contracts. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and being able to be a part of team.
Pros
Great Healthcare
Cons
Travelling 60 miles to and from my job
Sharing new Aviation information with professionals.
FBS and Ground Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
It was a really engaging and professional atmosphere at United. Highly motivated and skilled pilots came in to train on the best equipment with great support. Each 'customer' was helped to gain knowledge and skills to operate the Airbus and leave the school ready to work and provide safe and efficient transportation.
Pros
Good environment, good pay, challenging work.
Cons
Work hours sometimes were a little weird.
Highly motivating environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Toulouse, B28May 4, 2015
I have an opportunity to work along with a magnificent crew who represent the Airline Safety Management department and gathered immense knowledge in the past so many days. My team comprises of various veteran pilots who render flight type-rating training to the airline pilots, also train the airline management with various safety related courses includes SMS.
Very fun place to work
A & P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 15, 2015
Great management especially from the fist line supervisors. Very thorough quality assurance.
Accomplished high standard of clean aircraft, Thorough Post Flight and Daily inspections.
I learned a lot performing maintenance on EC145, EC120 and EC135 helicopters.
Co-worker were helpful and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the Overtime and not knowing when you would be released for the day do to unscheduled flights.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Many inexperianced mechanics.
The people working at Airbus DS Communications are great!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 11, 2015
The employees at Airbus DS Communications are wonderful. Coworkers are encouraging and always seem to cheer you on. Upper management seem to always be willing to lend a helping hand with positive attitudes. Great culture of people.
Pros
People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3