Airbus Group Employee Reviews in United States

Good Benefits
Quality Management Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Benefits are above excellent. Facility has adequate lighting and is temperature controlled. I was told at during the job interview that there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement for Quality Inspectors.
Pros
Facility is temperature-controlled and well lit.
Cons
Absolutely no opportunity for career advancement or development.
Generally a good work-life balance, great benefits. Issues with management
Software Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 10, 2015
I have worked here just over 1 year and have found the group I work with to be fun and everyone values work-life balance. However, over time I have gained insight to upper management practices, not always truthful and affects employee confidence.
Pros
laid back environment, good benefits
Cons
unsupportive management
Descent working environment. Can joke and laugh while at work.
Warehouse Associate(Receiving) (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMarch 12, 2016
I'm expected to come in and do my job. They don't treat me like a robot or anything. It's not a lot of pressure on me, but I don't allow it to be because I do my job. We've had managers to come and go so, there is no stability there. I'm in the receiving department but I've cross-trained in other the departments, such as pick-pack, and some shipping. Most of my co-workers are fun to work with. A couple of the supervisors don't know how to stay professional or supervise there people. That can be most difficult about the job. They are about to shut down the warehouse by the end of November 2016 so, this is why I'm applying for other jobs. Transferring to Miami or Virginia is not feasible for me and my family.
Pros
Occassional free lunches, recofnition and rewards for being an employee for x amount of years.
Cons
Once we were bought out, no stablitiy. Didn't see a big potential of moving up in the company.
Very Good company for compensations.
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 22, 2016
Insurance & benefits are next to none.
Work involves understanding muliple programs.
Travel can involve long or short term stays in the UK, Germany or France.
I enjoyed working there
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time here but do to being sold twice I was laid off after promises that would not happen. While there I enjoyed what I learned and would work there again If they where not so far away.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
job security became an issue
Airbus is the world's leading helicopter manufacturer. It's a good place to work.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  grand prairieJuly 6, 2015
My day begin at 6:30 am every day. Usually I have a job already assigned from the day before.
Normally I learn something new every day.
Most of the co-workers complain of mismanagement including me. I believe that supervisors need a guide of learn how they should treat their employees or do more personal development.
My co-workers are great and I can work with no problem with everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn something new.
Pros
co-workers, good attitude, good benefits, team work.
Cons
Short-breaks, mismanagement, lacking organization and poor communication
Dynamic and Innovative
Senior Business/Commercial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 13, 2016
My experience at Airbus, the organization regardless of the change in ownership continue maintain the excellency in its products and service offering to its Customers. Employees regardless of change in ownership continue to demonstrate the excellency and commitment to the growth and development of the organization
Very easy company to work for.
Senior System Staging Technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Very productive and relaxed environment. Able to perform work without interruptions from management. Very focused on employees interacting with management to maintain a positive workplace.
Airbus Live By Example
Senior Engineer - A350 Aircraft Seating Focal (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 14, 2016
There is good reliable work however tasks can seem daunting due to built in bureaucracy. Working your way up the corporate ladder is tough due to the fact that management positions are not plentiful.
Work life balance is needs to improve.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 11, 2016
Little guidance form management - give you enough rope to hang yourself. Culture is clicky and down. Little enthusiasm.
Pay and benefits are excellent and travel is extensive.
Exerienced Satcom, Telecom and Wireless Sales Director/Account Executive
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 2, 2016
Proven leadership working with DoD, Federal and Civilian and Commercial Enterprise sector highlighting sales and business development.
Pros
Leadership skills by direct approach to C level customers
Cons
Ability to not end my day however is part of being a good sales/BD representative
Incredible Company
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2016
The best working experience I have had. Great work life balance. Excellent management. Culture is laid back & professional.
Highly skilled and trustworthy team
Project and Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ToulouseOctober 15, 2015
Airbus has been one of the most beautiful work experience both professionally and on a personal level. Working for such an international company, you get to learn how to communicate and work in a multicultural environment. The success stories I had with the team allow me to build trustful and strong work relationships.

I have learned to work in a complex environment where things has to be delivered on time and quality. The customer is the priority!

One of the main challenges working for such a big company is that the decision making process can be slow and frustrating. By ensuring that all people impacted by any project is well informed and onboard, we were able to improve and speed up the decision making process.
Pros
Challenging projects, International Environment, Availability of trainings
Cons
Slow decision making process
Airbus provided opportunities for my own personal growth as a technical writer/illustrator
Engineering Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I was the first actual technical writer to create documentation for Airbus. Documents prior to my joining the company were created by engineers. This was a great opportunity for me to develop every aspect of the process including standards, task flow, and production which enhanced the manuals greatly. I provided professionally written documents which were consistent in style and form across the enterprise and product line.

Along with the written portion of the documentation my strong graphic skills allowed me to further enhance the information to exceed the typical engineering graphics. When engineering graphics didn't provide the necessary understanding I would create graphics that would. When asked, I provided graphics to engineering and management for reports, presentations, and engineering drawings.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
challenging at times to obtain source data
The people working at Airbus DS Communications are great!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 11, 2015
The employees at Airbus DS Communications are wonderful. Coworkers are encouraging and always seem to cheer you on. Upper management seem to always be willing to lend a helping hand with positive attitudes. Great culture of people.
Pros
People
Great Company, great benefits, and great co-workers
Repairs and Modifications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 24, 2012
Airbus had some great people. Management was good and bad. What I like best about the Airbus experience was the game to achieve goals as well as the company's benefits, perks. The toughest part about working at Airbus was dealing with the many cultures, but it was also one of the most satisfying aspects. I increased my communication abilities as well as my ability to make things happen in a diverse cultural environment.
Pros
generally a great company, some great management, benefits were outstanding
Cons
some very poor management, pay was not the best
Good company with good benefits
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Good company. Currently going through transitional changes due to the economy. Continued growing pains but overall a good place to work. Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
low morale, transition changes
High energy but fulfilling office environment
Executive Assistant/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 16, 2012
Hit the ground running every day, since the company was an international based environment we had daily and direct dealings with our European counter parts, with the time difference it shortened the day and often required repeat emails and phone calls to accomplish tasks. The management varied as we had multiple cultural and personalities on a daily basis.
The VP was a very intense individual with an extremely busy schedule, he relied heavilly on me to manage his time and appointments and to keep him on task.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not too many i can think of
Great Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 9, 2015
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. is a great place to work and the culture is a relaxed atmosphere. You'll report to various levels of management with regards to reporting.
Pros
Flex-days
Very fun place to work
A & P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 15, 2015
Great management especially from the fist line supervisors. Very thorough quality assurance.
Accomplished high standard of clean aircraft, Thorough Post Flight and Daily inspections.
I learned a lot performing maintenance on EC145, EC120 and EC135 helicopters.
Co-worker were helpful and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the Overtime and not knowing when you would be released for the day do to unscheduled flights.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Many inexperianced mechanics.

4.3