AIRCRAFT SERVICE INTERNATIONAL GROUP (ASIG)

AIRCRAFT SERVICE INTERNATIONAL GROUP (ASIG) Employee Reviews

Horrible
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 2, 2016
This is a HORRIBLE place to be , the BONUS is a set up. You get the Job and they work you like a slave. The managers talk to you like your a dog , everything is unorganized from downstairs to upstairs. ASIG as a whole is not a company that you would want to start off at and TRY to build a Career. It doesn't look good on your resume , other companies like AA , Untied , Air Canada , and all the other airlines are were you need to be if you are trying to build within the airport. No benefits which is why EVERYBODY is part time. Its a waist of time and not enough Money. DESPERATE COMPANY , believe it or not but you working at a high school. The managers are unprofessional , will talk about you in your face , text about you in your face , and ONCE AGAIN ITS A SET UP FOR FAILURE.
Cons
NO BENEFITS
Review
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUAugust 30, 2016
I love everything about this job. I was sad that I relocated to Texas. This job made me learn that there are always different things going on at the airport. I also enjoyed greeting and assisting passengers whether it'd be assisting with location their luggage or helping them to the gate. I enjoyed every minute and every day I walked into this work environment. It got me interested in getting into the aviation field.
diversed working environment , fast paced
Crew Chief/Ground Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2016
working as a team, working under a lot of pressure, working outside isn't ideal especially in the winter in MI. At times, management was disorganized at times, but great co-workers and team environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
working long hours, holidays and weekends
Absolutely ran by OJ Simpson himself.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2016
I've seen more people get fired than hired working here at ASIG in Chicago, IL. They do not follow by the union book for disciplinary action, trucks stay malfunctioning and out of service, and make up new rules just to fire the veteran workers. I've seen my Supervisor Merrick Smith over wing and pressure fuel a plane at the same time and caused a fuel spill and still has a job. I am BLOWN by the way management conducts business which is firing people for their mistakes. Company is too cheap to buy equipment but yet fire people for delays that are caused by the equipment that we're driving. If I could put half stars I would because they've fired 8 people due to the raise we've received 2 months ago. I don't consider this location to anyone.
Pros
Pays good morning be guaranteed overtime
Cons
Poor management, poor equipment, lack of leadership, neglect to follow policy.
This place makes you want to kill yourself
Fuel farm operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2016
These people are nuts and the management treats you like scum! Beware. They try to make you feel special by feeding you and saying "what happens at the fuel farm stays at the fuel farm", and next thing you know you're being threatened to lose your job.
Don't do it
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
Management is a joke. Favoritism is everywhere. They will nickel and dime you. Forced overtime. The only good thing about this job is they don't care if you show up on time, or even at all. They're so understaffed they can't afford to fire the few people they have. Refuse to take the time to train people properly to help the company progress. Don't get flight benefits for the same amount of work a a ramper, and they get them. Most of the people that work at ASIG have no goals to do more with their life and are simply lazy. Top out after a year. You'd be better working at Walmart.
Pros
Working around airplanes
Cons
Management, pay, mandatory overtime, no flight benefits, etc
Wat ever you do dont work here
Fueler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
Worst job ever so corrupted so much favoritism manger is bad at doing his job and there is no growth or raise maneger never tells you when to apply for your medical so you bever get it is just a really bad job stay away.
Pros
Cons
Everything no raise no growth lots of favoritism
disrespectful management
Luggage Handler (Former Employee) –  jfkNovember 25, 2016
I would like to ask a question , is it protocol for management to bully workers? It's sad when people in power abuse their employees. Is there a number for corporate or do I have to complain to BBB ABOUT the company's abuse of power?
Worst company (if you call it that)
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
This was a joke of a job. Don't waste your time. The "managers" are worthless and you're underpaid. Go to school, or do anything but work here. It's not worth it!
Pros
Its not prison.
Cons
Everything.
Low Wages/ Horrible Management
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2016
The title says it all. They pay is so low that many employees do not take the job seriously and there is a revolving door of employees
Hated this job
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2016
No growth. I learned enough to get me a supervising job but they wouldn't promote me. my co-workers was ok. Management is not good there. Worst place to work.
Management has issues but it entirely depends on what base you're working for
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2016
I grew up with a love for aviation which by far makes my job at ASIG much more enjoyable, from working with aircraft directly to talking with pilots daily. However there are issues with the upper-management, such as how they need to realize how hard most of the fuelers work and how much more the work they do is worth. Apparently also whether or not a base gets holiday pay depends entirely on how much profit that base makes for the company (based on airport size and how busy that base is there, not on just performance). These are things that they need to realize soon because some of the guys I've worked with are great at the job but deserve so much more than is paid.

Other than that, my coworkers are great and I'd feel bad for leaving when I do when I start my actual career, but I'd like for them to focus on hiring more mature workers as some of them do some awfully disrespectful things like writing messages in the fueling panels of aircraft. Not cool, guys.
Pros
Healthcare benefits are good, lots of PTO
Cons
No holiday pay
Day at work
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2016
Come to work at 4am hr early to receive my flight fueler sheet its normally about 25 flights each day weekends its 15. Ride fuel tank to fuel farm after each flight fuel if needed but most of time you will have to because you will get a few planes that need lil more fuel than requested.
Nice benefits
GSE Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2016
The job has pretty good benefits, offer raises, other mechanics are willing to show the new guys how to learn new things
Pros
The GM is very caring
Cons
At times get over worked
Terrible Management
Lead Fueler/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 11, 2016
Leads and supervisors did not know anything on how to run an organized business. They were all buddy buddy and gave the short stick to the employees who actually worked instead of taking naps in break room.
The Airport job with free buddy passes
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at ASIG. It was always the same routine everyday so nothing was never unexpected. All we did was fuel the truck with jet fuel and then fuel the plains as directed.
Pros
keeps you physically fit
Cons
draining of energy for the family
fueler
Aircraft Fuel Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2016
fuel aircrafts, serves the cart, clean the fueling carts, on a regular day I'll fuel anywhere from 8-13 planes on a 8 hour shifts
Pros
understanding aircraft service
Cons
no overtime
ok
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 6, 2016
it was a good expericene but it wasn't for me they had me working harder than I was able to I had a lot of back problems working there also the management wasn't what I expected or used to
Steer clear of this place!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2016
The interview was scary enough, let alone getting a job there. I met the interviewer at a hotel near the airport, as the main company is in Florida. The woman interviewing me was very curt, not exactly rude, but very much down to business, didn't really want to shake my hand or greet me in a professional manner. She seem very blase about the whole interview. When I asked her which airline she was hiring personnel for, she failed to answer. So I guessed it was for British Airways, as they were outsourcing their employees. BA had gotten rid of their permanent employees at certain airports located in the US. I asked about benefits, there were none, nor were their any flight benefits. No surprise there. The company that does the background verification is awful. If they cannot verify something or have a questions, instead of calling you directly, they keep texting you, repeatedly. They seem pretty lame. They don't ask the right questions, like did you have a name change, get married or something like that. Very annoying. This company show favouritism, and didn't perform like other airline personnel would have. It's really sad that British Airways, such a well respected airline uses ASIG. Try to get on with an airline directly where you will have great health and flight benefits which can make up for the low pay.
Cons
fun work place others maid it hard
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta airportFebruary 15, 2016
load and unload planes empty lavatories run the terminal load up all the international bags and load them on the plains and when that's done direct the plane out the gate.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no vacations or benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIRCRAFT SERVICE INTERNATIONAL GROUP (ASIG). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9