AIRCRAFT SERVICE INTERNATIONAL GROUP

AIRCRAFT SERVICE INTERNATIONAL GROUP Employee Reviews in United States

The Airport job with free buddy passes
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at ASIG. It was always the same routine everyday so nothing was never unexpected. All we did was fuel the truck with jet fuel and then fuel the plains as directed.
Pros
keeps you physically fit
Cons
draining of energy for the family
ok
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 6, 2016
it was a good expericene but it wasn't for me they had me working harder than I was able to I had a lot of back problems working there also the management wasn't what I expected or used to
fun work place others maid it hard
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta airportFebruary 15, 2016
load and unload planes empty lavatories run the terminal load up all the international bags and load them on the plains and when that's done direct the plane out the gate.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no vacations or benifits
excellent work place
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
really energy work and fast place just leave because move out of state good to be in nice place meet other peoples have a lot fun during work because is very hard but nice to learn other skills
Pros
always busy excelent team work
Cons
u dont know whats next
It is what you make it
ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work but you must enter with the correct attitude. Some people enjoy the job, some hate it and some are in the middle. You can learn everything here from accounting to cleaning. It is a great place to build your resume and if done correctly make a great wage.
Pros
Room to grow, varied tasks
Cons
Wages are not the same at all locations
Great Place to Work.
Jetway Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 3, 2015
Airport life was great. Management was great. Wish I could've stayed. I learned a lot and meet great people. Hardest part of the job was showing up.
Cons
pay wasn't that great
Detail-oriented fast paced work environment
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2015
After the initial week-long orientation, you get your work schedule and start immediately. You're taught basic mathmatics (since you'll be fueling airplanes by the 1000s of gallons and need to know how much fuel to put in. I learned that a planes fuel system is actually not too much different than a road vehicle, with the exception of how the fuel is taken and where the fuel nozzle goes (under the wing, differing between left and right based on the model of the airplane). I can say the most enjoyable part of my job was the actual fueling process, and while my co-workers were often seen as comrades, like any workplace, cliques were formed among my fellow co-workers and the management, which I found to be only slightly unprofessional (favoritism and such), but in most cases it was just camaraderie from the top all the way down the ladder, which provided a relaxed environment, necessary in such a fast-paced, detail-oriented field. Downtime between flights I spent either studying or occupying my time interacting with the Delta ground crew (as we shared their break area). All in all, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Great environment, fast-paced and self-rewarding
overall i good company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, Elmhurst NYOctober 26, 2015
Very fast pace, nothing is ever the same. Work with different companies, overall a very good company to work for.Decent management, and a strong family fee.
Pros
fast pace and meeting new people everyday
Cons
probably would be the pay
knowing i fueled the plane that just went up the run way
Warehouse/Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia International Airport, paOctober 23, 2015
Beginning of our work day was greeting my co-workers. Inspecting vehicle before loading with gas. Log the amount of gas carried to fuel plane and check levels already in the Air planes before fueling them. I learned safety first for employees and customers. The hardest part to the job is making sure you don't over fuel or under fuel planes. The most enjoyable part of of this job was driving the truck.
Pros
know iI have a good job
Cons
Management was', nt team players
Baggage Handling System Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015

When i was working there i fell like i was part of the family.
they have good benefits after a year 2 weak vacation medical and 41k
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  JFK International Airport, NYSeptember 20, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my three years working for ASIG at JFK airport. Very nice supervisor, co-workers, overall, a hard working team.
Pros
Good pay for a customer service agent
Good place to work.
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Smart, grounded colleagues, ethical and community-oriented culture. The engineering.
Fast paced environment
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2015
Fast paced evironment
good co-workers
work/life balance
constantly learning about the aviation industry
supportive manager
low paying job with high demands
AIRCRAFT FUELER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
This job isn't the worst, but it isn't the best either. You have no room for growth or opportunity. The contract for the employees is rather for the employer and does not work in your favor (contractor job) and the pay is way less than what your actually supposed be making.You get a 25 cent raise after 6 months and a 1% raise of what you make every year. You start out at $8.75, you do the math. This is honestly a job to get back on your feet until you find something better.
Pros
Good people.....Thats it.
Cons
Low pay, no opportunity to grow
Was in charge of 25 employees making sure all aircraft departed on time
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PaSeptember 1, 2015
Decent amount of politics and at lot of unsafe work practices. Its was a decent job but being paid salary for un bearable hours and working conditions
Pros
Working outside
Cons
No breaks, Understaffed and overworked
Maintance
Airplane Refueler (Former Employee) –  Moon towshipAugust 26, 2015
My job was fairly simple after making it through the learning curve. We fueled and had reliable maintenance for and issues to be had on the exterior of the aircraft..
Pros
Outside work
Cons
Deadend
Qc
Quality Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Tests and inspects fuel. Calibrated fuel hydrant meters. Performs hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment maintenance of fuel farm/storage and related equipment. Performs self-audits on companies hydrant service vehicles and fueling agents. Works closely with the Federal Aviation Administration and airline customers to ensure the safe operation of all equipment and fueling personnel. Conducts work in a safe and environmentally conscious fashion by adhering to all company, industry, local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
Loved what we do
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2015
Dis honest officers, abusive to managers verbally. Hostile environment. equipment is old and un safe. no support financially in obtaining new equipment. Employees worked for low wages and expected to perform at a higher standard. hazardous conditions over looked and no integrity of officers.
Pros
Awesome people and exciting work
Cons
poor wages and support from corporate
n/a
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 13, 2015
Received and broke down pallets from arrivals according to country designation
Transported documents and valuable goods t and from trailers
productive
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncAugust 12, 2015
loved the job very hands on love working with the plans been in the airport...the people were great meat a lot of famous people...
Pros
fun
Cons
weather