AIRES Employee Reviews

AIRES is a great place to work. They finally have upper management that is competent, caring and honest. The company has changed incredibly .
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 9, 2017
Taking care of vulnerable adults is so rewarding. The Program Directors and managers really support us in the work we do. They can be overworked, and stressed but they appear to love their job. Ive been with AIRES 8 years, and the last two years the company has improved. Wages are low, but our work is inadequetly funded by the government, so AIRES really has no control over pay.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Low pay
Poor place
Senior web developer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Poor place. Had a lot of abusive management practices.

Pay was low, and raises were lousy.

Some managers thought they owned their employees, and weren't shy about lying about their performances.
Standard
Direct Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
The company was ok. Just had to put up with office politics.
Had problems in the house and it was not handled correctly. There really isn't much to say. I have since reapplied with them and they do not give me a response back because they ended up paying me unemployment
Beware
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 10, 2017
Aires is a place to work if you just need to have a job that you enjoy helping others that can't help themselves. Meaning the clients that you work with can on occasion hit, kick and really hurt you. Over looking that, the management will leave you understaffed and blame you for the problem.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Management don't care
dsp
Take Consumers to Doctor Appointments (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 6, 2017
We would cook, take patients to appointments, and other activities. These are just a few of the things that we would do while on shift. Each shift is required to different things.
Productive and a nice place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 20, 2017
I would take the patients out to do activities. I have learned how talk to people more. Management was ok. It was nice place to work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with behaviors. The best part about the job was going to the movies with the patients.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
Behaviors from patients, and not so good management
Fullfilling way to help our community
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 18, 2017
Management is poor, and the pay/benefits leaves something to be desired. Overall though i found the work fulfilling, and even outright fun. The relationships formed with our "Consumers" continue to have a profound effect on my life.
Interesting times
program manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 15, 2017
Customer service
Phones
Mail
Fax
Data Entry - filling the information on a client as it would come through a fax or by calling the doctors office to get the information needed.
Pros
Kept Busy
Cons
Some of the expected results were not realistic.
The company as a whole treats employees well. Individuals not so much
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2017
Everyone goes in, sits in there cube and works.
I learned there is not much cross training.
the management is unprofessional, and plays favorites.
The hardest part of the job, is that no one explains much to you.
Pros
free food, bday celebrations
Busy Place
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZApril 4, 2017
This company is a nice place to work. Helping disabled adults in group homes provide a rewarding experience for both clients and staff members. Takes special person to work with them.
Aires
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2017
a good work place with people, who care about helping others in need. Good managers and supervisors. The company always looks for people willing to learn and improve to be a better help to the clients.
A very eye opening job
Employment Coach for Mentally Handicapped Adults (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 11, 2017
It was a very rewarding job. It made me think differently about mentally handicapped adults. They are intelligent and deserve as much respect as much as any other person
Not the same office
Relocation Specialist, Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Office environment changed completely during a significant leadership change. Great technology, too high of caseload and not enough pay. I loved the position, but management changes caused major issues to several long term employees. There is never a dull moment, but there never seemed to be a free moment either. Taking vacation was a bit of a dread due to fires that would be on your desk when you returned.
Pros
awesome co-workers, great technology, never boring
Cons
overworked, underpaid, bad manager ruins a great job
great place to work for
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZOctober 19, 2016
i loved this job! caring for my clients was wonderful, i found joy in improving thier lives, management was phenomonal. i learned that with the right mentor i can do anything and do it well.
Pros
trips
Cons
finding people to cover shifts
Very Unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2016
This company is very unprofessional. They pick and choose who they want to discipline. Two employees can commit the same exact crime, but the one who has more favoritism of the managers will be the one to get the slap on the risk, while the other one, well let's just say the other is not so lucky.
Not a job to stay in as long as I have
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2016
There have been so many changes since I have started working for Aires back in 2008, I wish that I could say that all the changes were for the best. However, that wouldn't be the truth. They have cut pay for their workers, there is about a 12 cent raise during quarterly reviews/ worker evaluations. You will work yourself to the bone and it will never be worth it. You cant make a decent living off of working for Aires, let alone deal with all the responsibility that it given to you and still never see the financial outcome you were hoping for.
Pros
there are really nice people that work for this company, they have to be nice to work for the lowest income and a heavy work load
Cons
You will only get a 12 cent raise, They will give you more work and responsibility then what your job description said, and you still wont get paid for what you are worth
The consumers made it worthwhile
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
Pay and morale was bad. Didn't have any co workers, the most enjoyable part of the job was the ladies that I supervised.
Cons
No breaks, long hours
A day in a life at AIRES
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
Working for AIRES was amazing I loved the work I love taking care of others that are in need. It really is not the company at fault here it is more the state of AZ. There are all these people and their families that rely on caregives to care for them and their family member the only issue is that the state doesnt want to pay these people and cut your hours so that you are unable to take care of your own familys needs. This is a job for someone who loves to care for others and does not have a family relying on them at home someone who has other income and you can't have a second job because you work split shifs.
Pros
Loving clients new adventure everyday meals included
Cons
low pay under 40 hrs a week
lovely
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
an amazing place to work. lovely consumers , nice people over all . i love aires so much , its like a huge family. Phenomenal people . love my co workers .
Its another job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
Over all the company needs to understand that professionalism needs to be more prioritized. Management is too lenient or favoritism plays a bigger role.
Pros
Keep an close eye on your time sheets
Cons
never let any issue go unsupervised and keep in contact with the main director.