AIRES Employee Reviews

Not a job to stay in as long as I have
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2016
There have been so many changes since I have started working for Aires back in 2008, I wish that I could say that all the changes were for the best. However, that wouldn't be the truth. They have cut pay for their workers, there is about a 12 cent raise during quarterly reviews/ worker evaluations. You will work yourself to the bone and it will never be worth it. You cant make a decent living off of working for Aires, let alone deal with all the responsibility that it given to you and still never see the financial outcome you were hoping for.
Pros
there are really nice people that work for this company, they have to be nice to work for the lowest income and a heavy work load
Cons
You will only get a 12 cent raise, They will give you more work and responsibility then what your job description said, and you still wont get paid for what you are worth
The consumers made it worthwhile
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
Pay and morale was bad. Didn't have any co workers, the most enjoyable part of the job was the ladies that I supervised.
Cons
No breaks, long hours
lovely
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
an amazing place to work. lovely consumers , nice people over all . i love aires so much , its like a huge family. Phenomenal people . love my co workers .
Its another job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
Over all the company needs to understand that professionalism needs to be more prioritized. Management is too lenient or favoritism plays a bigger role.
Pros
Keep an close eye on your time sheets
Cons
never let any issue go unsupervised and keep in contact with the main director.
Never Will Work Here Again
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 8, 2016
This was a job that haunted me. I gave it 2 stars because the actual job itself and working with the clients there was an amazing experience and I enjoyed that. However, the management was absolutely terrible. There was an instance where one of the Program Directors was embezzling money from the clients and the agency in Sierra Vista was attempting to cover it up and destroy evidence of the fact, despite that all the staff found proof and I as well. It was run by disgusting people who treated the staff poorly and found any excuse to keep people down. The staff members also treated each other poorly and created too much drama and tension with the others. I never want to work for this company again.
This company has gone down hill since I first started
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 20, 2016
I have seen so many people come and go into our homes or in management that things keep getting changed around and its hard to keep up with as it is our jobs to keep routine for our patients with autism who doesn't do so well with change.
Pros
they really work with you on your availability work hours and really try to make it a family setting
Cons
people are too involved in employees personal lives
Good job that advocates for their clients.
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2016
the company took a small hit during the recession but attempted to keep the employment rates high and all the managers and directors have experience working one on one with the clients.
Pros
great interactions and good benefits .
Cons
some benefits were removed during recession times.
not recommended
Direct Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 6, 2016
please review earlier statement. There were good and bad experiences while working for this agency. Employees that were on time and completed all required additional duties were never noticed and those that constantly were late and did nothing were rewarded.
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
drama, management
Nice staff and fun consumers
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZJanuary 8, 2016
I give it two stars because all staff starts on call. I started in December of 2015 and I have not been called to come in at all except for job training. I have not worked in weeks. Staff is interactive with consumers, although staff is not always interactive with other staff. The hardest part of the job is not getting any hours or benefits and having behavioral consumers lash out at staff. It can be a very rewarding occupation but at the same time very uncomfortable. I have worked with developmentally disabled adults for years and I don't usually have such low reviews of these kinds of jobs. I love working with the consumers but I do not like being thrown in as a newbie to work with the behavioral one on one consumers.
Pros
Eats lunch with everyone, friendly supervisors, stays busy
Cons
No lunch break, no hours, only making 45 cents over minimum wage for a very active and involved job, and not a flexible schedule
The best social service agency I have worked with so far.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, AZNovember 8, 2015
A typical day at work was providing quality care for three men who lived in a group home. I learned many new things as I moved from another state. Management is wonderful. I have never worked for a more caring and professional company before. They are like a breath of fresh air.
The hardest part of my job was trying to get everything accomplished in a timely manner. I had so many things to catch up on when I accepted the position, however it was wonderful seeing the joy in my clients and management when things were accomplished.
Pros
Always supported no matter what day or time.
Productive.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2015
I loved working with the consumers but management was poor. The level on professionalism was not what you would expect it to be in this field of work.
Pros
The consumers
Cons
management and level of professionalism
A company of many changes
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 29, 2015
The company has a very high turn over rate, it was created and established with great intensions, but the founder of Aires has sinced pasted away and the company has been taken in a different direction from when it was first started years ago.
Pros
The joy of helping others
Cons
No breaks, long hours, and 24/7 on-call
Ok place to work if your not looking for a great pay, but steady hours.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 16, 2015
Typical day at work would be tending to my consumers needs, whether it be helping with something as simple as hygiene, or assisting with cleaning, doing crafts, learning about different things in life. Working here has taught me to be selfless and has really helped me discover what I enjoy the most and what my passion is, and that is helping people. Most enjoyable part of the job is touching the lives of others and just seeing the smiles on their faces. To let them know that you are there for them.
Pros
Making people happy
Cons
Low pay for the workload you are expected to do
Great place to work for while in school
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 25, 2015
Working for Aires is a great place to get your foot into the caregiving field. I went to nursing school while I worked with them and there is enough freedom in the scheduling to allow for plenty of study time. The clients are fantastic as long as you know how to accommodate for their needs, which is taught during paid training.
Pros
free time with clients
Cons
near minimum wage
Professional Environment
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2015
Aires Relocation Corporation is a well established company known worldwide. They have an extremely professional working environment and it was a pleasure working with them.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
This was a temporary position.
Great company
Direct Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2015
The time that I was employed with this company was a good one. I did not have any problems with any of the co-workers. We all worked as a team. If you enjoy help individuals then this company is for you.
Company structure was poor, but loved working with the consumers.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 30, 2015
Direct Support Professional
 Administered medications or treatments to clients. Collected data /entry.
 Drive company automobiles, care for patients, take vital signs and administer first aid procedures when necessary.
Pros
Great hands on experience.
Cons
Lack of wages and benifits.
This was a very humble and rewarding place to work if you value the care of others
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 28, 2015
Aires was a great place to obtain great knowledge and hands on participation on learning how to succeed when working with people with disabilities.

Working for Aires, you were able to learn how to handle stressful situations while bonding with challenged individuals to help improve there quality of life. In most situations, you learned that team work is essential in making things happen for these individuals. This includes being able to work with management to coordinate proper care to individuals when needed. Hardest part of the job was to be able to interact with individuals that had severe emotional problems on a short term notice. You had to be quick to learn profiles and be ready and open minded for difficult situations in a moments time. Mostly on your own supervision.
Pros
Not tied to a desk
Cons
Little time for breaks
fun and friendly place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
All co workers and mangers are understanding and communicate with employees.every day is different.Going on outings with the people we support and hanging out with them in there homes and learning more about them each and everyday is priceless
Pros
providing care and support to people
Cons
not a monday through friend schedule
Its a job
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2014
Working here was difficult at times. Long hours and a stressful job. The clients are a amazing and I still talk to some of the staff. The office workers are great and try to help you the best that they can. I can honestly say that Tami is the best at her job.
Pros
lots of ineraction with clients
Cons
upper mangement

2.6