Airgas USA LLC Employee Reviews

At the beginng it was great we worked as a team.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work was to go and pre trip inspection of truck, wait for paperwork load my truck, go on my route come back do my post trip inspection of my truck and end of day paper work. What I learned at AIRGAS was safety rules, different gases, filling pressures of bottles, FDA paperwork, DOT paperwork, parts and supplies, of welding supplies, welding rods , welding wire, safety supplies, management when I first started was great, we all got along we were a team. towards the end of my employment New Management wasn't so great. Didn't want to hear what employees had to say. Didn't want to listen to advise, suggestions, My coworkers we all got along, we would help one another to get our job done, in a safe and timely manner. I learned the business from being a pumper, counter sales, customer service, FDA paper work that needed to be done, Driving & delivering hazardous materials to sites, CDL License CLASS B / Hazmat Endorsement. The hardest part of my job was moving the bottles, even with dollies and carts some unsafe delivery sites were hard on the body. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was meeting of customers and know I made a difference in there lives.
Pros
hours, benefits, weekends off
Cons
new management.
It's a productive place.
Filler (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 20, 2013
Very HOT in the summer months, I fill between 100 to 200 cylinders per day, I have learned about everything there is to learn in working there for 16 years. The manager there is not a very good person to work for but I manage to do ok, my co-workers are great guys I love them all like brothers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the heat and handling the heavy cylinders all day long, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see my co-workers everyday.
Pros
we are a small group of guys that work hard.
Cons
short breaks, pay is not that good conpared to other companies.
Normal work day at Airgas
Admin (Current Employee) –  Olean NYJuly 22, 2015
My days are usually very busy. taking care of deposits and entering Exchange tickets and taking orders from customers. There is some days that I help out at the counter. Have done receiving and putting up orders. My biggest part of my day is research and helping customer with issues or just helping them understand their bills and things on their accounts. Close of day is closing up register and getting things ready to start next day.
Pros
Very good benefits, crossing training
Cons
Never enough hours in day
Credit and Collections
CSR-Airgas Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Manage and support 5 branch locations across National Welders through customer service in identifying and resolving problems and issues to ensure top level customer experience. Responsible for personal portfolio of over 2,000 customers with monthly accounts receivable of almost 1.8M. Accountable to ensure company goal of 8% 60 day ageing. Make credit based decisions that acknowledge both maximum revenue collections while simultaneously maximizing company gross sales.
Cons
great benefits
Great job, good people, and great customers
Hazmat Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 1, 2014
Great place to work and excellent pay and benefits. I really loved the customers on my dedicated route.They became like friends or family.
Start at 6AM and start checking paperwork and loading truck. Usually back to unload around 4 or 5 after all deliveries are done.
My fellow drivers were great we all got along well and helped each other out.
Management, let's not go there.
great start poor finish
Class A Local Route Driver (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 24, 2014
everything started out great working for this company,
great bosses ,great coworkers then i made the mistake of transferring to a different location. it was like i was working under a whole new set of guidelines
Pros
off weekends home daily
Cons
no time for breaks always rushed
Good company to start a career
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 11, 2013
Big Company with big comp problems and benefits lots of room for growth for those willing to learn
Pros
lots of skill sets to learn big nation wide presents
Cons
a divided house still to many regions w/diff business modles. not the best payer, but good job security
Great coworkers
Collector (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2015
Very stressful-processes and procedures constantly changing...not in a good way. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Poor communications between middle management and workers. Fantastic coworkers family type atmosphere.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
lack of communication between middle management and associates
Room for advancement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville MedicalMarch 5, 2015
I learned many management skills with Airgas. The company offered many opportunities to promote within. Although Airgas does not pay what employees are worth they do offer a descent benefit package.
Accounts Receivable Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 8, 2014
Most often Collectors are overworked and assignment territories that are not attainable goal wise. If goals are attained management alters the bonus structure. overall minority employees are treated poorly.
Cons
minorities are treated unfairly
Very busy productive environment for the most part a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Regional Acct Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 11, 2014
Loved the job and was a fun place to work, Loved working with customers everyday and having that personal contact with them.
easy going, safety consciuos work environment
Professional Practice Driver (Former Employee) –  ILMay 20, 2015
A Monday thru Friday atmosphere, centered around safety and quality customer service. Managers are flexible and fair. teamwork was very good.
Stable
Warehouse MGR/Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 20, 2013
Airgas is a stable place of employment and the hours and pay are easy to live with. Most of the employees are friendly and willing to help when ever possible.
Good company
Inside Sales / Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2015
Overall, Airgas, is a good, stable company to work for. The hours are great, the pay is competitive and the benefits are a plus.
Fast paced and dynamic culture.
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAMay 7, 2015
Fast paced and dynamic culture. A good place to learn the medical gas business and develop the skills required for national account sales.
Wouldn't Recommend
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Great people to work with but company doesn't care about employees.