Airgas Employee Reviews

Very demanding company.
Area Sales Manager, IL, MI and WI (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 23, 2016
Started with this company with the expectation of a good career move. During the first meeting with the Regional Manager all he talked about was how bad a job everyone else was doing. How no one was smart enough to do the job correctly. After meeting with a few of the other ASM's it became very evident of how bad a decision I had made. After about 8 months it was announced that Airgas had been purchased by Air Liquide and people started leaving soon after. Our territories were going to almost double with no increase in compensation and demands were even higher. I must note that this was on the Carbonic side of Airgas so I can't speak of the bulk and cylinder side of the company. I enjoyed working with Cold Jet and really enjoyed and respected the branch managers within the company. I chose to leave and haven't regretted that decision at all.
Great Work Environment
Counter Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 14, 2016
From what I have seen, Air Gas is a great place to work. Highly professional and safety oriented, friendly co-workers, and knowledgeable superiors are only some of the pluses of the job.
What a great Experience so far.
CDL Driver/Equipment Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 12, 2016
I have had a great experience so far in my work history.I have learned lots a things that I would not have dreamed I would have learned at this day in time.But I am very thankful>
A start to advance
Office Event Planner/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 12, 2016
I am pleased with the company it has giving the chance to focus on a broader career for myself. I have added more skills from this job and were able to add them to my job skills
Unprofessional
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 6, 2016
Management is a joke. Those people couldn't see talent or great people coming in the door nor do they care. I would not waist my time at the Duluth location ever in my life. Its literally a complete waist of your time you will not be valued and you will not make a career out of this company . Don't do it! Trust me words don't do it!!!!
Pros
no pros other than weekends off
Cons
everything
Great company with advancement opportunity for those seeking long term stability..
Cylinder Filler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
A face pace environment that places safety of employees at the top of the list, Rooting team work in all associates making this a well rounded team driven meet and beat your goal company..
driver
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
good company to work for. management is good and they will treat you fair and look out for you. Hours are good and they offer overtime if you want it. other drivers are very also. wish I never left...
Pros
manger, easy work
Cons
money could be better
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 22, 2016
It was a great place to work for students. They had reasonable pay and they had flexible time to work which goes well with students.
Stable & profitable company
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2016
No down time during the day. The day's typically go by fast due to heavy workload. Have to be detail oriented and have good time management skills. Overall, a good place to work.
would rather not
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Fulton Industrial, AtlantaAugust 18, 2016
The company was under a merger and there was not steady work within the job I was hired for. It would be a good place to work once this merger is completed.
The co was good to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAJuly 31, 2016
I liked to company it has good benefits and you could transfer to a different area if you need to. The people are nice and helpful there
Pros
As long as you do your job you are left alone to do it
Unorganized and NO INTEGRITY
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2016
It was a good place until they put Supervisors in that have no experience, rude and mean to the employees. Lost all respect for this company. They are backed by upper management.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
They give you time off but you better not take it
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 17, 2016
Deliver various gases to multiple companies
Complete paperwork and logs pertinent to hazmat endorsements
Interact with customers and resolve issues that arise
No time for Family
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 16, 2016
Most days you work 10 to 11 hours. Overtime without any warning, very hard to plan time outside of work. Very Hard to advance in the warehouse, however there are many other avenues to explore within the company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unexpected overtime
No Comment
Account/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dade, Broward & Monroe CountyJuly 14, 2016
Vist existing Customers, Cold Call Sales, Schedule meetings. Learned about the Welding, Construction, Fabrication & Manufacturing Business
Fast paced, Hard-work,
Plant Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2016
Prefect for the people that love the same work everyday. Management is there. Co-workers are nice, depending on what you do it is a physical demanding job. Best Part is leaving.
Pros
You get alot of freedom.
Cons
Healthcare i believe can be cheaper.
Fun place to work and personable employees / management
Shift Foreman, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 7, 2016
Airgas was a good company to work for. Felt like a family run company at the location I was employed at. Hard work but good benefits and pay. Union job which was good for ensuring good pay and benefits but restricted great workers from higher pay.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Great employees / management
Cons
Union keeps pay scale in check
Productive facility but due to budget it closed
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJuly 4, 2016
Company as a whole, it has good benefits, very fast pace environment.
The crew at Port Allen was very efficient as well as diverse, we made it work well.
Not at all a good company to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 4, 2016
Management were all about themselves and making sure that the job gets done so they can get their bonuses when it was time. They also preach preach preach safety but most of the time put you in an unsafe environment to work in. The employees were mostly cry babies and snitches and if you sneezed the wrong way, they'd go run and tell on you. I'm sure that every location is not that bad and everyone has different cultures in perform in their tasks as a unit and does it smoothly, but this location was a waste of time to work for! Sometimes I regret leaving my previous employer to come work for this company
Pros
Work hours off on weekends
Cons
Poor management, co workers
I love my position at Airgas, and the management and co workers make it a pleasure to come to work, but i am wanting to move closer to grandchildren
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 1, 2016
Overall excellent corporate company to work at. Excellent training, great management, and coworkers that make it a career and not a Job. Training is extensive, and has a safety culture that is cultivated daily.

2.9