Airgas

Airgas Employee Reviews

My time at ASP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 25, 2015
Learned a lot in an evolving work environment that was aiming to establish central internal guidelines and standardization. Gained essential customer service and conflict management skills from working with those employees resistant to change and overall management.
good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: this was only temp posititon so I was not aware of who the company worked for a full time employee
I was only employed here as a temp for two months. While I was there, the coworkers and management were good. I only took orders for this company as this was a temp posititon
Job Application Process is HORRIBLE!!!!
Division Director (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 15, 2015
Pros: None that I know of.
I applied for a Division Director position and after the first phone interview, I could not get ANYONE to email or call me back concerning the status of my candidacy for the position. Finally, after 2 weeks of asking for an update, I received a computer generated email indicating they had selected another candidate.

Thank goodness I learned how they treat potential employees long before I ever considered being one. The lack of professionalism on the part of Airgas made it easy for me to eliminate this company a potential employer.

Hope the Airgas competition takes note and capitalizes on their inability to properly deal with candidates.
Fast-paced, very busy management of field operations.
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), West Chicago ILJune 14, 2015
Manage over 50 active projects through design, installation and maintenance of over 1800 sites.

Difficult to work with the companies business demands.

Incredibly educational on how business operate.
A Swashbuckling, Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants Company
Director, Specialty Gases (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Career can climb as high as your ambition can drive it
Cons: Cross the wrong political lines and your career ends quickly.
This culture was like the Old West - you could do pretty much anything - as long as you kept your managers in the loop. Airgas is a great company where you can climb to whatever level you want, BUT where your career can come to a sudden halt if you cross the wrong political lines.

The good thing about a "swashbuckling" company is there's the chance to find great riches (either $$ or career-wise). The down side is that you end up with a sword in your back.
Airgas was a pleasnat place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Salem, NH 03079June 5, 2015
Pros: When we had our team meeting we would get free lunches. The company also had holiday parties, and summer baraque. We clebrated employees birthdays. ect
Cons: The pay raise freeze
My typical day at work was to run the Macro, keep and eye on it, if it stop, find and fix problem, then start the macro program back up.
I also keyed write offs, any adjustments, tax worksheet write offs, applied checks and credit card payments to accounts.
While I work at Airgas I took several computer course including Micro soft. I had no problem with my management or any of my co-worker, I really enjoyed work there.
dependent on your manger or location
Senior Buyer/Planner/Analyst (Current Employee), Salem, NHJune 2, 2015
Not room for self advancement, unless you are in with your managers.
lots of work, micromanaged with little encouragement.
Poor Work Environment
Accountant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: Learned alot in short amount of time, co-workers
Cons: Incompetent management, poor benefits, no internal growth, high turnover
I would not recommend this place to anyone. Management does a poor job of looking internally to fill positions, which lowers morale and shows there is no room for growth. Along with that no clear guidelines are given for the work. It's a sink or swim method around there and managers definitely do not put people in a position to succeed. Along with that the turnover is extremely high because of the conditions from top to bottom.
great company
dba Airgas Dry Ice (Current Employee), Pearland, TXMay 28, 2015
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
Relaxed and flexible work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 25, 2015
My position was unique within the company, so I can't say that it applies to everyone, however I enjoyed my time at Airgas and wish I could have remained longer. I did a lot of filing in my position and learned how to work several new programs. Management had expectations that were sometimes difficult to meet but it doesn't take much more extra work. Some of my co-workers enjoyed drama, but that's not atypical in an office setting. The most difficult part of my position was keeping up on reports when others would fall behind. The most enjoyable part was having the flexibility to work the hours that I wanted to.
Okay ! place to work
Route Sales Driver (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: great bennefits
Cons: upper mgt is poor!!!!
This would easily be the best job I've ever had if wasn't for the poor upper mgt . they don't have a clue ! no matter how hard you work it will never be good enuff . I work with some of the best drivers and inside sales people i've ever had the pleasure of working with. this could be a great job and a great place to work if only the people who are in charge would would appreciate what we do every day . they need to start focusing on keeping there employees happy instead of maximizing their profits. Happy employees are the key to maximizing profits
Great Employer
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, relaxed working enviroment, competitve pay, career advancement.
Cons: Difficult to transfer outside of the region
Amazing place to work. Safety is always at the forefront of any operation at Airgas. As long as you are dedicated, hardworking, and seeking professional advancement, the opportunities are endless. Alot, if not most of the employees that work here have been with the company for decades, proving an extremely low turnaround rate. If you have the chance to be employed with this company, do not take it for granted. Airgas will take care of you.
great work place
technicain (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 12, 2015
I'm just looking to grow.Duties
• Repairs and refurbishes cylinders.
• Operates bead blaster , valve machine, vacuums pumps, forklift, and pallet jack
• Paint cylinders (using pneumatic spray gun)
Palletize product , and band
Corporation to a T
Account Manager-Outside Sales (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: high turnover rate
If you enjoy climbing the corporate ladder then this is the job for you. If you do not, then don't waste your time. There are multiple locations accross the country so you can basically transfer anywhere you wish
I served as a temp only.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: They notice and acknowledge my hard work.
Cons: They didnt hire me.
i worked at Airgas for about almost 4 months. While i was there i handled primarily hazmat because Airgas ony carries hazmat cylinder. I load and unload, along handling hazmat freight, and most of all i know how to roll cylinder like the back of my head.
No energy; no enthusiasm
Director of Sales, West (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, but not much else
Cons: Poor leadership; lack of focus from Executive leadership
AIrgas is a conglomeration of multiple regional companies, all of who work autonomously. Little if any communication from each of the Regional groups, making it nearly impossible to build a unified sales team when my reps were parts of different regional companies. Each of my reps were being handed different directives (some from me, some from their Regional GM's). It was like herding cats.
Airgas is a principle based, employee-focused company.
CLIENT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaApril 23, 2015
Pros: Dedicated leadership
Cons: Can't think of any.
I was very productive here. I was presented several growth opportunities, and I was supported in trying new things. I really enjoyed my time at Airgas: Leadership is strong, and the culture genuinely supports a strong work-life balance.
Professional and friendly place to work for.
Lead Hardgoods Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: We received many free lunches and of course we were recognized with bonuses individually.
Cons: It would have to be that corporate had to cut all checks, so when a vendor would call claiming they never got paid, we had to request a copy of the cashed check from corporate.
Our day started out with going through our large volume of mail to make sure all of the discounted invoices were entered on time. I learned how to work with a team and really get things done. The hardest part of my job was collecting the credit memos for items that were sent and the project or store said they never received. It was then up to me to take the problem to the purchaser or sales person and they would decide if it was going to be pursued or put down as a write off. Even though many times the vendor gave proof of delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the month when we were able to close the month in a positive state.
Great Place to Work
Outlook Technician (Current Employee), Ramsey, MNApril 21, 2015
Flexible schedule to manage work life balance.

Great co-workers who play as team members.

Management who know what to do.
GOOD COMPANY
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2015
AIRGAS NCN IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. FOR THE MOST PART I WAS TREATED WELL BY MY EMPLOYER AND REALLY HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

1 2 3 4 5

About Airgas

Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and – Read more

Airgas Salaries