Airgas Employee Reviews

Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working there. great job/life balance. Always up to date with technology and very informative to their employees.
Not much room for advancement within the company.
Very Unprofessional
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 9, 2017
Airgas is a large company that operates as a mom and pop corporation. Most of the managers and above have been with the company for almost 2 decades and have a hard time being open to new innovative ideas.
Pros
Decent Pay, inexpensive benefits
Cons
Opportunity for growth and development
You must know about the welding business
Outside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 9, 2017
its a good place to work but your on your on most of the time. Your pay depends on your sales. You can make some money of your a hard worker. I didn't like to go by customer and pick up past due money owed to Airgas
Pros
recived awards for top sates
Cons
Collecting past due money
Profit over Ethics
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
Worst job I've ever had!
Favoritism, Good Ole Boy Network, Retaliation for telling the truth.

Management that is completely out of touch with reality of working class individuals.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of, harassment, workplace bullying, favortism, retailiation
Cryogenics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland NjAugust 8, 2017
I worked for Airgas for 11 years. While working there I experienced long hours. Working past the allowed daily hours allowed by law. I was let go for a ticket that was dismissed in court for cell phone use. I was treated as guilty and was not paid for 3 months before they finally fired me. There was little to no communication with me in that time period.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no comment
Safety First Company
VP Safety & Compliance - North Central (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 5, 2017
Company cares a lot about safety and is willing to spend $ to ensure employees are in a safe environment. It is a fast pace environment that changes daily.
good company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 1, 2017
good company to work for. And since it says I have to meet the 150 character minimum, I will leave you with this. Don't settle for second place, do what makes you happy.
Avoid this company. Terrible management
Finance team (Former Employee) –  Headquarters,PAJuly 28, 2017
Uninformed management. Upper management does not understand business or ERP System. Micro management is the usual case. Upper managent has an over inflated impression of abilities.
Pros
Cons
Lack of capable Management
Poor pay/benefits for location and role
Assistant Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2017
Airgas has a sub par benefits offering and pay below industry average. I feel this will attract sub par personnel and the company will be seeing the reprocussions years down the road.
Pros
Literally anyone can become a VP.
Cons
More VPs than you can shake a stick at.
Could be better.
Cylinder processor 2 (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 27, 2017
Over worked and under paid. Very repetitive work. Don't advance quickly. A lot of down time. Made some good friends. Benefits are just ok. Health insurance always seems take your raise away.
Pros
Cons
Lack of training
Challenging enjoyable work in a team atmosphere.
Cryogenic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2017
Field service technician role is very independent with a high level of responsibility, yet is one member of a team of associates that work together to make a project happen. Good teamwork and communication.
Pros
Service vehicle, self managed.
Cons
Away from home a lot. Hours allowed do not reflect actual hours spent on work.
Fun work place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 19, 2017
Love to be part of this company. Great people, great environment. Flexible work hours. Perfect work space, perfect management. Everything is great working at Airgas.
Summary of Experiences with Airgas
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 13, 2017
The branch of Airgas that I work within is a rather relaxed environment. It is also very random at times. Typically we handle the same job tasks day to day and everyone gets along pretty good. Sometimes the management team can be a little hard to cope with.
over worked and under paid
Warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75247July 10, 2017
If u have potential don't waste your time. A very complacent company and they don't value they're employees or management. I would not recommend to any one.
what you learned
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 8, 2017
air gas was a very good company to work for i learned about different types of gas used in the hi tech industry the food packing industry lab research air gas management was very good to employees the work place culture was informative safety meetings every morning hardest part of job very physical and fast pace best part of job having regular customers and being able to help in any way possible
Pros
good pay good medical package
Cons
12 hour days
Great place to get to know the local community
Assistant Branch Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with my company and the customers I came into contact with. Being a small center in this community allowed me the opportunity to develop a personal relationship with many of the customers which led to more confidence in our industry and a higher desire to deal with me, not only personally, but with the company itself.

Due to unfortunate and unseen parental medical happenings, I had to take time off and was asked for my resignation. I am happy to say that those concerns have passed and all is well on the homefront.

I did not always agree with the happenings in upper management, but I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers. Whenever there is a question I don't have an answer to, I strive to find the best solution that is beneficial to them.

I would like to continue employment in this industry and look forward to building a successful relationship with a new employer and their customers.
Pros
Great Customer interaction
Cons
Lack of help
My experience
Loader/Sorter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 25, 2017
When I first started there, I really enjoyed it. The job itself was easy and everything we advanced to we were properly trained. It was a great company to work for.
Pros
Pay rate, schedule
(Former) Plant Manager West Texas
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  West TexasJune 22, 2017
Upper management does not care about anyone below their " buddies ". Area Operations Manager has no people skills. I wouldn't go as far as saying unethical, but extremely close. Plant Managers leaving left and right. Still nothing done about upper management. HR seems to work only for upper management, no employee support.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Good job. needs leadership
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 19, 2017
It's a good place to work but needs direction.Someone to get everyone to do there job and work as a team .if we had a manager that had every employee do there job and work as a team it would be a great place to work
Pros
We get lunch on sometimes
Cons
Not very orgainized
Struggling business, being beat by many competitors due to lack of training for internal staff.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJune 18, 2017
Not a good company to work for. Definition of a company that will suck everything out of you and never give it in return. Sounds good in the beginning, doesn't take long to realize the company see's its employees as numbers not people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9