Airgas Employee Reviews

My time at airgas was short through temp. But the time I had there was the best I enjoyed being around the people.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 9, 2017
My time with airgas was short and sweet but you work hard.... The people there are very supportive and are very helpful.. Yes you really have time to cool down and worm up... The supervisor is very helpful so if you have a problem they will try to fix it as best they can and I would be honored if I was asked back........ Through them not temp........ That was my mistake..... It's the best job I've had in a long time.....
Pros
The people are great to work with
Cons
I was just to short for the job...
Professional and Casual place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at work was professional yet casual. I worked with a great group of people on my team who were team players and knowledgeable of their job duties. There is an open door policy with management, who were always willing to aid you in any and every situation. The work culture overall was respectable and professional. The job was not hard, but there was a high volume of invoices and researching. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, who were always respectable team players and realize that each persons job was just as important and if one person succeeded or failed; we all succeeded or failed. Airgas in Lawrenceville was a great place to work. Thanks!
Computers
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Overall the environment was OK, some friendly and others no so much. But overall there is always work to be done and some coworkers assist if you need assistance.
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2017
Rich benefits provided
Customer service friendly
good place to work
Micro Bulk Driver ANC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2017
good place to work great benefits - good hours -- you are on call some weekends - people are good to work with - growing company
hard work
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 9, 2017
was a great place to work, unfortunately it was bought out. it was bought out by air liquid and they closed down my fill plant and many others.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
dangerous work
Top Heavy
Medical Gas Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metro St. LouisJanuary 7, 2017
Top Leadership costly.

Lack of current technology for employees.

Aged fleet and equipment.

Down sizing staff to make up for purchase price.
Pros
Safety bonus
Cons
Top heavy
Professional independent work enviornment
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2016
An average day of work included handling inbound and outbound calls to business owners, regarding delinquent accounts. Processing payments, delivering excel spreadsheets to drivers in the western division. Scanning and emailing invoices to client's or their Accounts Payable department. Communicating with the dispatching to department to insure deliveries to customers are being made when accounts have been brought to a current status. I loved the work environment as well as the employees I worked with.
Pros
Controlling all accounts that were in my work load
Cons
Schedule included working til 8 pm everynight
20 years of service. Let go due to down sizing the plant. was not offered the chance to train for the positions they were keeping.
UE support (Former Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MODecember 18, 2016
Was a good company to work for until bought out by new company. Production line. Quotas. Poor communication between management and production workers.
Pros
pay good, benifits good.
Cons
Poor communication between management and production workers, no willing to train for other positions in the plant.
Plant closure
Gas Blender/Filler (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 12, 2016
To bad the plant had to close after working there for 13 years. Really liked the people I worked with except for a few. Pay was good and liked filling/blending many different mixtures of gas.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Plant closed
Great Company and Great People
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2016
Great company to work for! The culture is very laid back making it easy to come to work and be productive. Management is approachable. The work load is very doable. It gets busy during month end but thats typical of any accounting position. Although there isn't much growth opportunity there is a yearly review for pay increases.
Pros
Great Culture, Management, Free Lunches, benefits, Pto, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Growth
It was a very immature and unwelcoming environment
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 26, 2016
Management can not make a decision in a timely manner. They are unorganized and and way over the top with rules and regulations. On a daily basis I had to fix mistakes and do double my work load, I never herd one positive thing from management.
The job has potential to be awesome however due to micromanaging by management and lack of work ethic from plant employees, my time with this company was an absolute disaster and miserable.
Pros
Daytime work hours
Cons
Poor management, ridiculous company policies.
no fun haed work
Dry Ice Operator (Former Employee) –  Amistad, NMNovember 22, 2016
it was very cold and dangerous place to work get burned by dry ice don't give you the right training to do the job. I would operat a air gas compressourer and wash tubs one man job no coworkers to work with
Cons
Great company to build work experience straight out of college or entry level
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WINovember 21, 2016
I have worked at Airgas for 1 year now and it is a great company to start off at straight out of college. This company is structured well and the pay is decent.
Pros
Paid holidays off, 1 hour lunches and 2 10 minute breaks, lots of activities through out the year
Cons
Not a lot of diversity and very hard to move to different departments if you don't know managers
Wonderful Supervisor
Executive Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2016
My work experience was overwhelming positive. Great company.
Very low worker turn over. I would not leave Airgas except for family reasons that precipitate a move.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Productive Day
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GANovember 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with co-workers to complete daily task in a timely manner. Satisfying customers by giving the best customer service.
An ok place to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2016
If you already know everything there is about the industrial gas world. This may be a place for you but do not expect to be paid for your experience. Although the job is ever changing, which is the part that I do not mind; the lack of support and training results spending endless hours off the clock doing quotes, reports, and sales prep.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare cost is expensive (i believe they pay 60% of the premium)
I enjoyed my job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 30, 2016
I enjoyed the duties of my job, however, management and employee interaction left me feeling out of place. The employees played mind games with each other, cliques were formed which made for a hostel environment.
Pros
Worked with customers and account data entry
Cons
evironment with co-workers not cohesive
Very demanding company.
Area Sales Manager, IL, MI and WI (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 17, 2016
Started off rough during the first week when my boss berated other employees in front of me and behind their back. There wasn't a conversation that we had that did not evolve into some kind of religious lesson. I could have went to HR but that's not my style. The company was purchased by Air Liquide that brought a sense of uncertainty to everyone involved. Territory doubled with no increase in compensation with a higher call of travel. I decided at that time it was time to go.
Toxic
Plant Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2016
Every level of management fights with each other all the way up to the vice presidents at the expense of the company and its employees. We on average lose 1 customer a week due to not having the support and operational freedom we need. This is the worst company I have ever worked for and the truly sad part is it could be dominating the market in other ways aside from its foot print but, there is so little responsible management and even if there was more there is no clear channel to execute directives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9