Airgas Employee Reviews in United States

cramped workplace too much inventory
Operations / Plant Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 13, 2015
Arrive at work at 5 am and begin setting the production plan for the day. Continue on to cycle counts as well as receiving transfers and bills from bulk readings. more of the summary is available upon request.
Cons
management
Overall Review
B Operator (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VAOctober 12, 2015
Various customer orders need to be filled throughout the day/night

Very difficult to work in a plant. Communication is a big part of most jobs, and because of the noise level it is extremely limited
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Long Shifts
Stressful
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 12, 2015
Listen more to your sales force for ideas to improve sales and morale.

Please take into consideration the people who go above and beyond their daily tasks.

The people who show up day in and day out for you, while the people abusing the system are ones being rewarded the most.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management. Do not stand behind promises. Lots of turnover.
pay and overtime was great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TxOctober 11, 2015
the safety team is sloppy and dont practice what they preach....the benifits and pay was great but if you get blamed for something they wont fight for you as a driver its basically your fault.
a great place to learn about different cultures
cylinder handler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2015
it was a lot of work that rewarded you with meeting people from different walks of life and a variety of backgrounds. Most of the people were really nice and gave me the chance to get to know a little bit of them.
Pros
sundays off
Cons
low pay
Daily life of a replenishment buyer
Expedite/Replenishment Buyer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2015
I create PO's for inventory replenishement for 19 stores utilizing JDA and SAP system. I interact with all levels of management on a daily basis via telephone or email resolving issues. I follow up PO's from confirming the PO till the item has been received at the store in a timely matter. I meet report deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job is I have been here for 14 years and have made good life time friends. I also enjoy interacting with the store manager's or front counter person which we have an open communcation about any issues.

At this time I am seeking a weekend part time job late Friday, early morning Sat & Sun only. If you decide to hire me I am a hard and dedicated worker of job expected.
Airgas is top notch!
Total Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 6, 2015
I am currently working at Airgas and I can not think of one bad thing to say about this company. I love the work, the people and the atmosphere.
Worst place i have ever worked!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NMOctober 6, 2015
Management at this company is so bad! I worked here for 2 years and never once hear anything positive. It was the most negative place you can imagine. They constantly degrade you, and talk to you like your beneath them. They are never happy and are always nick picking you about everything they can think of. The rules are constantly changing, and if you break any little rule they will not hesitate to write you up. My advice to anyone considering working here is don't do it. They will use you up, and spit you out. They are a huge, impersonal corporate machine. The only good thing I could say about them is they have decent benefits. Coworkers are decent people. Might be a good job if management was amazingly bad.
My first job
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CASeptember 29, 2015
Great stable company. Job security is very good even during tough economical times. I enjoyed my time at Airgas. The culture here is older; staff in their mid to late 40's
Solid job
Driver/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, MeSeptember 28, 2015
It's a tough complicated world nowadays. I drive a truck, deliver goods and work with customers. Its not a bad gig. It keeps you in shape and every day is a little different.
Pros
home daily
Cons
a few here and there.
A great place to be if your not afraid of working hard
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington stateSeptember 28, 2015
Airgas is an excellent company, having worked here for a few years I honestly have no regrets. The previous review mentions that there is no room for "grey area" their right. We deal with a variety of specialized gas products everyday. This has to be taken seriously.
There is opportunity to advance with Airgas, especially if you are a hard working team player. I really enjoy the flexibility offered to me at my current position, we've had a major management changeover in this last year, a much needed one.
Things have been changing in a very positive way.
I do feel that at a local level Airgas really cares about its employees, and had reasonable benefits. My only negative comment would be regarding pay raises. Which should be merit based, with other factors considered.
I can honestly say I've throughly enjoyed my experience with Airgas.
Pros
Flexability. Uniforms. Management & colleagues
Cons
Pay raises
Worse place I've ever worked.
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 28, 2015
Management is the worse in any company I've ever worked at. Managers are rude and disrespectful. HR does nothing about management harassing employees. Would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Decent work hours
Cons
Management.
Plenty of overtime
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Suwanee GASeptember 18, 2015
I was a field service tech under DOT non CDL rules and seldom worked less than 55 hr. per week. Many times I was expected to work to the absolute maximum time permitted by DOT both daily and weekly. Go in with your eyes open and be ready to be pushed.
Run do not work here worst place ever
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 16, 2015
Management is so unprofessional, work work work pay is awful. if they don't like you no room for advancement. learn as much as you can to move on
Cons
pay
Great Team Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence SCSeptember 13, 2015
I like what I do and I do my best at making sure I at the end of the day that I have given my all. Working with a team as a team makes for a better work day and place.
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
Lack of work
It wasa something I never done before but enjoy parts of it.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh ncSeptember 11, 2015
It was good I didn't like having to call somone about their account but had a good relationship with them they knew it was part of my job and try helping them .
Pros
Learning something different
Cons
It was very noisy there.
A Good job with decent benefits.
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 9, 2015
I was a class A delivery driver of Dry Ice. A typical day consisted of loading/unloading product, driving to and from customers in roughly a 300 mile radius of the branch. Typical day was 10 to 12 hours Mon-Fri. I was home every day. Some drivers on this account had to layover and work weekends. Management was as fair as they could be under the constraints of business. Unfortunately I was let go due to not reporting an incident that seemed minor. I backed over a plastic sign at a truck stop placed behind my truck by an attendant after I fueled the truck and after walking around truck. Also, this company uses DriveCam in their trucks to monitor the activity of there drivers. The camera has a lenses facing the front of vehicle and another facing the inside of cab to view driver activity. Camera records constantly but it only captures and sends audio and video to the company when there is a triggering event such as a hard brake, sudden sharp turn or jolt. This made my job more stressful!
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Strict Safety department
Fun work place with supportive management.
Accounts Payable/Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WISeptember 1, 2015
It is the best company I worked ever. It is growth company in the gas and safety industry. The friendly atmosphere in office.
Office work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAAugust 26, 2015
Excellent company, stock is great, benefits are great. This is a international company, they deal with medical gases to welding gases. They deal with some of the largest companies to the average Joe on the street. Great, great company.
Corporate will cut anyone at any moment to cut expenses for shareholders
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 24, 2015
-Goals are unrealistic-forget all goals and focus on new business $ to survive as bringing in enough $ to please shareholders is the only focal point
-Local management has team atmosphere-more interested in numbers than building relationships with clients
-Co-workers work well together
-Hardest part of job is always adjusting-constant turn over and changing territories. Customers will go through 4 Account Managers in 1 year.
-Most enjoyable is being able to work independently.
Pros
Can office out of home; take clients to lunch
Cons
Low base, high turnover, benefits are average coverage and expensive

2.9