Airlite Plastics Employee Reviews

It's a job
Mold Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2017
I basically just come in do my job and leave. Fix machines and work with other departments.

Management is okay with certain people and not okay with others.

One specific shift has an awful mentality that drags down the rest of the entire shift.

Workplace culture is very shift dependent.

The hardest part is trying to get to know people despite the high turnover rate and work around varying types of criminals. They do not vet out anybody depending on what their criminal history is anymore.

Things are constantly changing with little to no input from the employees.

The most enjoyable part is likely cultural diversity, it's hard to say.
Pros
Impossible to get fired
Cons
Impossible to get fired
Fun place to work and no worse about you job
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2017
Good place to work. There is always something to do. They have activities for there employees. If you want to move up you can. They will work with your schedule if you need.
Amazing environment for new workers
Packer (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 21, 2017
If you're new to the world of work, and you're looking for a good manual labor job, this is for you. The managers are understanding and compassionate people who have worked at the company for a long time. They have tons of opportunities for advancement, whether it's a new level of packer or a look into a new career. They will train you on site for all of those careers. If you're looking for a place to move up to, then you can definitely reach that level given time and effort.

The only downside I have to say is how much some of the supervisors just seem to hate everyone. There ARE good supervisors, but most of theother supervisors are rude and will cut you down for no reason, even if you're having a laugh about something.
Pros
good supervisors, amazing possibility of advancement, lax on punishment for mistakes
Cons
harsh punishments for having your phone for any reason.
Poor
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 3, 2017
Would not recommend for anyone to work here. Horrible place to work and horrible upper management. Want you to work hard and not give recognition or good pay. Have issues with promoting people.
a orodctive work place and stress free
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
walking in saying good morning clocking in and working taking a little break communicating with other then back to work then back to my break lunch might go out for lunch wit a co worker then back to work I go.
Pros
vinting machines catering foods
Cons
short breaks
Hot
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2017
I loved my job sometimes. Everything depends with the people you work with. In the summer time it gets super hot an it's crazy humid an your always on a rush to keep up with the machines.
Pros
Had 3 breaks
Cons
Very hot an bad leads
fast-paced quiet work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2017
At Airlite Plastics your work in a very quick pace you will be packing plastic from a machine very quickly you are not able to talk or interact with other people
poor
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
working at airlite plastic was a challenge to do is a fast-paced job.They want you to work fast for a little pay and long ship 6 days of the week.Some manager was cool and some minutes there was not.
a fast place if you need a job
Production Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
everything was fast. the only time to relax was on breaks. I had problem working with people that was incarcerate & they did not provide a lot of training it was one day with someone the next by yourself & not on the same machine that you was trained on.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
bad work environment
laid back awesome coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed going to work it was laid back and everyone minded their own business management works with you and encouraged to apply for a variety of positions.
Fast-paced but fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2017
This job consisted of entering customer orders into computer. Making sure customer shipment left on time and arrived to the customer on time. Taking care of any and all issues the customer had with our products. I left this job to take a position closer to home.
waiting for orders
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 5, 2017
Seasonal temp job for OS. Typical day consist of office manager waiting for faxes of email of orders to come in then she would review them and then customer service entered the order and then it was passed back to office manager. Filing and waiting for next order to come in.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management
Good company with good pay and benefits. Fast pace, and stressfull.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2017
Over all Airlite is a good company to work for. As a supervisor, I was happy with the hourly wage, but the starting pay for packers is not very good. Airlite also has good benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Airlite has very high turn over with at the packer level, and has a very hard time finding good employees who are willing to work, and show up every day.
As a supervisor, it makes it very difficult to deal with constant labor shortages, and employees with poor work ethics and attitudes.
Because Airlite has such a difficult time retaining employees, they tend to coddle the employees they have, so they don't leave, which kind of ties the hands of the supervisor.
Due to the nature of injection molding, it is very fast pace, because the machines run nearly constant, and you have to maintain packers at the machines at all times. Machines will frequently go up or down, which causes the supervisor to move the labor, and adjust which machines need to run. Some days, this can be a constant battle to move labor around as needed.
I have worked at Airlite for about 18 months, and during that time, the company has made a lot of changes, some beneficial, some not. They continue to change, and hopefully they will find a formula that will work for all.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Good hours. Climate controlled
Cons
Fast pace, turn over issues, stressfull working conditions.
me
Machine mold packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2017
its a job I would love to back at it was all my fault. I should of paid more attention to who I trusted I was in line to be a lead there. I would of done great I just lost focus
management sucked
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2017
Did not enjoy working at Airlite. The management staff came and went and did not know what they were doing.
The culture was stressful.
Job requirements seem to change daily
Best Warehous Job in Omaha, NE
Process Technician/Mold Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2017
This was an enjoyable job, I met and have maintained great relationships with some of the people there, Airlite plastics is a staple of the community and very important to Omaha, NE
Lots of room for growth and learning laterally and upward.
Loved the job
Pros
Guaranteed work 40 hours, vacation and benefits, weekends off
Cons
Management structure still in flux
The Shift Manager, HR, assistant manager and supervisors are very nice.
Injection Packer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
working in Airlite plastics is great but the pay is not as much as you work as a packer.
It is kind of survival job for me because I have 2 dependence and the pay is not enough for my family expenses.
Nice place to work
Packer / Trainer / Backup Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2017
Clocking in meet with all employees in work area, starting a new Lean program. this program has its ups and downs, but the nice part for me is learning a new way to bring production level higher with less waste. Hardest part, advance. Enjoyable, the culture we're trying to create.
Pros
no layoffs
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace was fun on the floor
Print Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2017
I was able to work with all types of co-workers from different countries. Some included Mexico, EL Salvador, Vietnam, and Africa. Very educational.
Cons
Short breaks, too many supervisors, too many unwritten rules, too many managers
A typical night at Airlite
D Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2017
Very active, long nights and short days. Easy work, friendly staff. Helpful managers and room for advancement. Enjoyed my short time there and recommend to others.