Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews

dont do it
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2016
I was a supervisor in st louis overall i like the guys i worked with but from the general manager land to ramp managers the all were lazy and no supprt to the ramp agents who all working short everyday .this would be a great part time job for extra income the company only show love to leadership up to corperate but for the guys on the ramp sweating it out no love. Ats is a contract company thats it not a place to depend on income permanently. Get with a real airline if you want to work in this profession. Ats hires anybody just pass drug test at least know how to spell your name and you good.....
Pros
paycheck, flight benefits
Cons
flight benefits standby only good luck, management j land
Not a good place to work
Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2016
You go in every day wondering if today is the day you lose your job. Management demands overtime/call in people to meet mission and then complains about the hours they have to pay. Scared every flight there may be a delay and you will be called in to explain. Absence of people is rampant. Attendance is horrible and every infraction conversation starts with "write them up" or "terminate them" without ever talking to person involved.
Pros
Manager Pay, Flight benefits
Cons
Hours, treatment of personnel, write ups by the ton.
Basically, don't work for them.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2016
Irregular hours area given for an airport, but the benefits are not even close to worth it. I got paid less then my previous job as a receptionist, and did 2x more work at the airport. There is a lot of favoritism going on between management. It's really hard to get any days off for school, or planned vacations. You have to try and trade shifts with someone, otherwise you're out of luck. If management does not like you, you will be degraded and called names. I was forced to work with pink eye. Long story short, definitely an experience but would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
almost everything
Poor Treatment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I worked hard for an entire season. 6 days on, 1 day off, minimum hours. This company uses and abuses its workers. The turnover rate for ATS is ridiculous. A lot of the supervisors are really neat people and the job is awesome to say you work with multi million dollar air crafts. But the pay isn't worth the labor and they consistently encourage you to break the rules so that they can get flights off of the ground in time.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
Pay, Treatment, Compensation, Lack of benefits
Low pay, Micromanagement
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2017
The company only cares about the corporate office. The equipment is old and falling apart, the pay is low, and the turnover couldn't be higher. I would not advise anyone to work here who is looking for a career.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Low pay, terrible management, high turnover.
Fast pace job with high educational benefits.
ATS and Southwest Airline Trainer (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 5, 2016
My typical day was managing fives different areas of the company. I worked in baggage claims, ticket counter, luggage area, loading the aircraft, and training all staff on safety regulations daily.
Pros
A highly educational job.
Cons
The company does not offer pay raises and benefits as you get promotions.
Everyday is a new experience
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working for ATS. The staff is friendly and very helpful. My position as a passenger service agent was a new and exciting change for me. I enjoyed going to work because everyday was a new experience.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
low starting wage
very fun work environment
Lead/ Trainor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Great experience, meeting new people great healthcare benefits. We get long breaks in between flights. We have fun at work and we still did the job how we were supposed to do it.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
no flight benefits
It's a productive and super great place to work at. Great people and easy work!
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2017
It's a great place to work at with great flight benefits. Only thing is I need more hours and they don't offer full time so I'm looking for another part time job in the evenings :)
Dynamic workplace
Ramp Manager (United Airlines, Xtra Airways) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2016
Extraordinary, the learning atmosphere is amazing, as well as the workplace. The industry itself is always dynamic and changing. The employees are great to work with, and upper management always has the door open to hear concerns and make the workplace better.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Working in the elements
good stater job for out of high school students and beginner college students
Ticket/Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2016
They will tell you that they offer benefits but they don't. Since I have been employed with them many has came and gone the turn over is very high. They never can keep anyone
chill fun fast pace work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2016
waiting for the bags to drop
wait for the plane to come in
loading and unloading bags
co-workers help an friendly
managemnt was easy to find
the downtime between jobs was the best thing about the job
Pros
downtime
Cons
no benifits
Not enough people for the workload provided
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2016
Was in charge of the supervising and training up to 30 personnel as well as maintaining a grueling flight schedule to the satisfactory of our customers as well as the guidelines within our company policy.
Pros
Always working, promotions, and increase in salary
Cons
not enough people to comfortably support a full flight schedule
Drama Infested Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2017
I started at Airport Terminal Services in March 2016 at first it was fun everybody got along and the shift along with pay was reasonable starting at 15.24. Later around June things began to change as in co workers cursing each other out in front of the station manager and he does nothing. The station manager is unorganized, make false promises that he doesnt keep along with promoting people that are unprofesssional to lead positions,. He has a bad habit of negatively talking about a fellow employees in front of other employees along with always wanting to compare the company to American Airlines. There is favorites there as in some employee can get away with certain things like being late, breaking policies and unprofessionalism that the station manager does not address properly. He just will make the comment like he denial about that specific person in which he will side with them instead of you. The schedules are supposed to be based on seniority which they do no follow. I had to go home to my mother graduation in which I planned two months in advance . The station manager decided to hold a mandatory meeting that happened to be when I was leaving. I left instead of them informing me that they were doing a schedule bid everybody that worked customer service decided to put me in the shift that they knew would interfere with school and time with boyfriend that is in the military. I was outraged and when I called to ask the station manager about this situation he made the comment that I should of been there and that is why I recieved the shift I got. Also before I left  more... I lost my badge to find out the one of the customer service agents hid it that had my bank card and parking pass. They did that to prevent me from working in which my mother had to give me 250 dollars of her rent money to get another badge to work. The station manager was involved as well because he was giving me hints that wanted to fire me but he had no legit reasoning due to my perfect attendance and work ethics. I decided to resign. If you decide to work here stay to yourself and dont get personal with the employees because they will set you up for failure if they feel intimidated or betrayed by you. No way of moving up in the company at all unless you are a lead no other position higher than that that makes 17.24 .  less
Pros
Paid Weekly, High Pay, Laid Back, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Favored Employees, Drama Oriented Environment, Dishonest, Disorganized, No Advancement within Company, No benefits
Do Not Work Here
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Horrible company. Continuous changes in management, overworked and underpaid employees, unorganized. No support from local management nor corporate. Complaints and issues go unanswered. The chance to advance is high but only because turnover rate is high. Not much job security.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management!!!
Horrible Company to work for
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Management is awful, employees get treated like dirt, the equipment is broken and unsafe. Employee tenure means nothing nor does working hard. Employees that work hard get treated the same as lazy ones.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Poor management, hard labor
Run the other way
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
First of all, Management is horrible and pretty much non existent until it comes to saving a buck. They will work you hard, then rush you off the clock and many times your check will not be right. No HR, supervisors don't do any work and are incompetent on the scene, and upper management is invisible.

Btw there are no flight benefits, you're lucky if you get the bad healthcare plan and they let you keep it. This company does not appreciate their employees and that's why they are dropping like flies. Hopefully the airline will find another contract soon. This one is doomed.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
no benefits, bad management, horrible hours
Last resort
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 26, 2015
Work is hard but can be fun, upper management is poor, and HR is incompetent. Although I had a lot of fun, it was only because of the other rampers. I also requested a transfer several times to another section because the ramp has no full time or benefits and never got so much as acknowledgement that I had asked.
Several times people got hired for a completely different section than they had applied for, with no useful explanation.
After working hard for half a year, I was suspended for a week and then fired on Christmas eve for a small first offense accident, which I had forgotten to report. Meanwhile, there are a couple of employees with multiple offenses and several harassment files that the company turns a blind eye to.
They hardly listened to my explanation and my supervisor basically threw me under a bus instead of helping me keep my job. So I'm scrambling on Christmas to find another job. Thanks, ATS.
Pros
Fun coworkers and exercise
Cons
Bad corporation and lousy pay
Fun time
SAS Airline service (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 10, 2017
I never have any fun.all day busy .I don't like the payment is too small I can not help or support my family. No insurance. We work hard but not earn a lot.
Pros
No free
Cons
Long brake and no insurrance
Hard work
Airport Terminal Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work consists of loading and unloading all the suit cases from the airplanes. It is very hard work i learned though it feels nice when you work hard and get your paycheck. I learned how to work with people that are not like me. The management is alright and the coworkers aren't that great.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airport Terminal Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Airport Terminal Services Reviews by Location