Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews

Run the other way
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
First of all, Management is horrible and pretty much non existent until it comes to saving a buck. They will work you hard, then rush you off the clock and many times your check will not be right. No HR, supervisors don't do any work and are incompetent on the scene, and upper management is invisible.

Btw there are no flight benefits, you're lucky if you get the bad healthcare plan and they let you keep it. This company does not appreciate their employees and that's why they are dropping like flies. Hopefully the airline will find another contract soon. This one is doomed.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
no benefits, bad management, horrible hours
i like the work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
i was grooming plane do lavatory, carter, do portable water and more. Load and unload baggage's i got to meet and interact with people of kind of race
Last resort
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 26, 2015
Work is hard but can be fun, upper management is poor, and HR is incompetent. Although I had a lot of fun, it was only because of the other rampers. I also requested a transfer several times to another section because the ramp has no full time or benefits and never got so much as acknowledgement that I had asked.
Several times people got hired for a completely different section than they had applied for, with no useful explanation.
After working hard for half a year, I was suspended for a week and then fired on Christmas eve for a small first offense accident, which I had forgotten to report. Meanwhile, there are a couple of employees with multiple offenses and several harassment files that the company turns a blind eye to.
They hardly listened to my explanation and my supervisor basically threw me under a bus instead of helping me keep my job. So I'm scrambling on Christmas to find another job. Thanks, ATS.
Pros
Fun coworkers and exercise
Cons
Bad corporation and lousy pay
Nice people, cannot pay the bills
Pervious passenger service agent. (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2015
This job is only good if you are are board looking for something to do. Other than that there are no good benefits. Long hours, they will cut your hours mercifully, and don't care about their workers.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
no time; no life; terrible pay
Management is not efficent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
I learned how things work at the airline.
Most of my co-workers were nice.
Deductions on paycheck was not clear sometimes.
Cons
short work hours, no benefit
long hours and little pay
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2015
this company to me seemed like they were trying to see how much work they could get out of their employees wit paying those same employees has little has possible.
Pros
free flights
Dont do it there are less stressful $8/hr jobs
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2015
The job in and of itself is great. The management makes it nearly unbearable, coupled with the garbage payrate (8.50/hr getting paid weekly) you'll have just enough money to pay maybe one bill and then be broke.

Don't work for ATS unless you absolutely have no other options.
doesnt pay enough for the work you have to complete in the weather
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  las vegas,nvOctober 14, 2015
doesn't even exist in Nevada no more, loss of contract with allegiant airlines and didn't pay enough for the work that was required to get done
Productive fast paced environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
Great job bad management and no back up or help from Human resources. Problems within management other than that great job however you get no flight benefits because it is contracting company.
Pros
Meeting new people, hiring their stories and learning new technology
Cons
Management, no respect for employees, airline sets employees up for failure.
Worst place to ever work at!
Psa (Former Employee) –  DetroitOctober 2, 2015
The United Airlines Detroit location is the absolute worst place to work at. They have a manager who don't know the difference between landing a plane and crashing one. Nobody is experienced, the pay ain't worth it and don't even get to mention that the supervisor have never supervised before it's like a train wreck! Nobody helps you when you need it and everybody that work there steal right in front of anyone. I quit this job soon as I realized this wasn't a real airport job because you get no benefits, your overworked and everybody is either lost or kissing management behind. Which shall I include management knows absolutely knowing about running a business.
Pros
The co workers
Cons
Pay and dumb employees
Horrible company to work for.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Airport Terminal Services has a high turn around rate, and for good reason. You will be overworked and the pay will not even be worth it. They let you work all the overtime you want BUT for 9.25/hour bringing in the planes, and then cleaning them to where you have to get on your hands and knees to pick up trash, mop up vomit, wipe down toilets, and then running again to do it on another plane 5 gates away... not worth it. You work outside in the cold, heat, rain, snow, ice with equipment that will break down on you. Management does not care about its workers and promotes unqualified people.

I always came in early, worked on my days off, and during Christmas break (I'm a student) I spent every day there working double shifts and even sleeping there at the airport most times. When I asked to change my shift to accommodate my school schedule they flat out refused. I missed days and was eventually fired. This company was so unfair and I feel a waste of time. Do not work here! The only good thing I have to say was the people I worked with made it fun.
Pros
The people make it fun
Cons
Short to no break time.
If You're Willing to WORK They're Willing to PAY
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2015
The job can be stressful and hectic. However this job will definitely show you what you are made of. The employee selection may be a little off and those of us with experience strive hard to train and accustom new hires to adhere to certain policies. The job itself is not bad at all although the long hours and short staffs seem to be the issue. I enjoy working for the company and enjoy my position.
Pros
Fast pace, Decent pay, and Cowokers
Cons
Long hours, short staffing.
What I have learned from this job
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland International AirportAugust 5, 2015
I enjoyed all the experience I am getting from this company. This experience has helped understand all the good and bad things that can happen when working at the airport under an airline. The most enjoyable part of my job is comming to the airport and interacting with the passengers and putting a smile on their face for the service I have given them. The hardest part is when I encounter problems that I have seen before and I have to come up with a solution fast so I have no delays and unhappy passengers. It's a great company to start with to open new doors and your knowledge about how most airlines operate.
Pros
Working at the working with great coworkers
Cons
Non-supportive management team
NO mural! No one is held accountable for their actions, therefor no one shows up for work on time on a regular bases.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2015
No management, don't really understand how people aren't hurt on regular bases. NO pay, work all the time! Dead end job! Company doesn't care about you, it really shows, it's sad.
Pros
Work outside, not a sit down job.
Cons
Pay, benefits
It's ok
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2015
They train you and they give ok wages but not enough hours and management will not take any responsibilities that are shared faults. they also don't pay for full time so wages might be nice but taxes taken every week minus the part time hours and pay. and they change policies and handle all the angry crying crazy flyers
fun but a very stressful place to work.
Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Very great co-workers and fun atmosphere. ..but the short staffed days and long hours made it a very stressful place to work. Upper management ignores important needs and expects too much for what they are paying.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Very unorganized.
Fun and awesome experience
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 22, 2015
You learn a lot of helpful information and you meet awesome people. Great experience and really cool management. Very nice coworkers as well.
Prdouctive and Fast paced work place
Passenger Service Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work is challenging and exciting. There's always something new going on and something new to learn. The hardest part is dealing with unexpected delays on flights and figuring out the best option for the passenger.
horrible place to work
ramp supervisor (Former Employee) –  west palm beachApril 20, 2015
Do not work in west palm beach . The manager is horrible and is very disrespectful to others . The co workers are essy to get along with other then that and its a low paying job no room for advancement what so ever .
Cons
the pay is lousy
Busy and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
A lot to do , some times crazy busy but cool! Military time, team is nice, hard part of job no full time, I love meeting new people!
Pros
Get paid evey wk
Cons
No full time

2.9