Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging
Production team leader (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to overcome any obstacle put in front of me. The most enjoyable part of any production day was the satisfaction of completing the day to day production, knowing that I was a part of a team.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
Always short staffed
food
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  colmbiaJuly 26, 2016
working in the food was something new but I enjoy it great co workers good job security great all around
Last resort
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 26, 2015
Work is hard but can be fun, upper management is poor, and HR is incompetent. Although I had a lot of fun, it was only because of the other rampers. I also requested a transfer several times to another section because the ramp has no full time or benefits and never got so much as acknowledgement that I had asked.
Several times people got hired for a completely different section than they had applied for, with no useful explanation.
After working hard for half a year, I was suspended for a week and then fired on Christmas eve for a small first offense accident, which I had forgotten to report. Meanwhile, there are a couple of employees with multiple offenses and several harassment files that the company turns a blind eye to.
They hardly listened to my explanation and my supervisor basically threw me under a bus instead of helping me keep my job. So I'm scrambling on Christmas to find another job. Thanks, ATS.
Pros
Fun coworkers and exercise
Cons
Bad corporation and lousy pay
gets boring at times
Material Handler/ Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 24, 2016
As a operator, there is a lot of down time and sitting around. Running the scales your busy with trucks all day but other than that it is going out and cleaning.
Nice people, cannot pay the bills
Pervious passenger service agent. (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2015
This job is only good if you are are board looking for something to do. Other than that there are no good benefits. Long hours, they will cut your hours mercifully, and don't care about their workers.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
no time; no life; terrible pay
easy work and good pay
frac sand (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 9, 2016
easy place to work for and it is good pay but something was happening that made me quit. But other than that i didn't mind working there
Pros
easy work and good pay
Cons
personal
review of ats in lawrenceville, Illinois
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILOctober 15, 2015
good place to work for. pay is good. benefits are good. I enjoyed the hours that i was getting on night shift. i worked with good people that would help me any chance they got. if it wasnt for them i wouldnt of learned so much about that job as quick as i did.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
not always a last break if you was a certain amount away you didnt get a break
Worst place to ever work at!
Psa (Former Employee) –  DetroitOctober 2, 2015
The United Airlines Detroit location is the absolute worst place to work at. They have a manager who don't know the difference between landing a plane and crashing one. Nobody is experienced, the pay ain't worth it and don't even get to mention that the supervisor have never supervised before it's like a train wreck! Nobody helps you when you need it and everybody that work there steal right in front of anyone. I quit this job soon as I realized this wasn't a real airport job because you get no benefits, your overworked and everybody is either lost or kissing management behind. Which shall I include management knows absolutely knowing about running a business.
Pros
The co workers
Cons
Pay and dumb employees
Job was very beneficial for life lessons and safety. Great experience
Bargeman (Former Employee) –  Ama, LouisianaSeptember 30, 2015
Very stressful environment.Due to timing and atmosphere management was always putting pressure on things the employees couldn't handle on their end. I've learn a great amount of leadership and jobs while on this job. My co workers was like family barley had any issues. The hardest part of my job was making sure things went well at any giving moment. having to be very observant anytime. The my enjoyable part was doing my job. The job was not hard it was the people who made it hard by pressure on things that was out of the workers hands. But Overall it was a great experience for growth from mental and physical attributes
Productive fast paced environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
Great job bad management and no back up or help from Human resources. Problems within management other than that great job however you get no flight benefits because it is contracting company.
Pros
Meeting new people, hiring their stories and learning new technology
Cons
Management, no respect for employees, airline sets employees up for failure.
wonderful company
Insulation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Family friendly workplace. the company cares about the employees. I would recommend the company for anyone to work at
Very serious
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 24, 2015
The employees of the contractors for the exception of one was very enjoyable. Te leadership was very arrogant and unpleasant to deal with
Pros
Are was nice pay was good
Cons
Engineering lead was unpleasant and had no regards for other peolple
i like the work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
i was grooming plane do lavatory, carter, do portable water and more. Load and unload baggage's i got to meet and interact with people of kind of race
Dont do it there are less stressful $8/hr jobs
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2015
The job in and of itself is great. The management makes it nearly unbearable, coupled with the garbage payrate (8.50/hr getting paid weekly) you'll have just enough money to pay maybe one bill and then be broke.

Don't work for ATS unless you absolutely have no other options.
Productive work place
Utilty worker (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of unloading soybean rail cars. And moving rail cars in and out of the rail yard using a small locomotive.
Not the best place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 12, 2015
ADM management had big problems with being fair to all employees management had big problems with having favorite employees and at times were very rude to employees and being fair to everyone.
Pros
Weekends off overtime
Cons
Management.
making seat frames
repair welder (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILJanuary 18, 2016
nice place to work great insurance they are building on! I just need to relocate to Indianapolis my wife has health problems
Pros
goo
ATS was a good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILNovember 12, 2015
Good company to work for with good employees and good benefits. I learned something new everyday and had challenges to look forward to. Was always able to request help from co-workers if needed.
Good company.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 14, 2015
It has a good core of workers they really respect there employees not sure about the meaning of the Good Old boys club but its still kind of balanced. Everyone I worked with really knew what they were doing. But they wont give a chance to advanced fast enough.
Recruiting Consultant
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2015
I searched Monster, CareerBuilder and other Job boards to find potential fit for the available postion/s . I learned how to identify and zone in on the candidates that seemed to have the best potential. I enjoyed searching for candidates, however there were times when it was difficult to find candidates that were required to have certain specialized technical skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a deserving candidate through the process and keeping in touch with them after he or she has been hired.
Pros
Interacting with various persons over the telephone
Cons
having several qualified candidates for a position, but only can hire one person

Airport Terminal Services Reviews by Location