AirServ Corporation Employee Reviews

Not for a career
Driver Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2016
The low 9.00/hr salary makes this a "extra money" job. Too low for what we have to do there especially on third shift. The culture there is jealousy filled, backstabbing, mixed with a fostering of laziness, and favoritism. Caught in the middle are the good few workers that carry the load. The upper management and HR look down on the Third Shift workers and Manager ( the shift that "pays the bills"and set them up to fail every chance they get.
Pros
Third shift best shift and Manager
Cons
Salary too low for third shift, non existent benefits horrible HR, Dayside management
Productive environment for a diverse atmosphere.
Wheelchair Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 23, 2016
A typical day a work is coming in contact with different passengers in one day, learning about their background culture through small talk conversation from asking "how was their flight", "are you home or visiting?' The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting a disabled, handicap and/or elderly passenger to/from where they need to go. Management is a great asset into making the operation work because they are always on point, standing by making sure we provide top notch special services to those in need.
Pros
Putting a smile on a non-english, disabled or elderly passengers face, tips, my shift
Cons
benefits, healthcare, shift hours
All in all it a good company but there something that they could change
Supervisor wheelchairs asst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO Lambert AirportNovember 3, 2016
Aiserv is a good company but there know we're to go. You can't move up they keep you at 6 or 7 dollars only way too move up is if you become a supervisor. Other than that it is a good working environment.
Pros
We get tip when it busy you can make good money
Cons
No raises, theres know ceiling, can't move up in the company, mismanagement of workers scheduled, and they mess up your check
done
Quality Monitor/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 19, 2016
A typical work day is coming to work and enjoying your job, getting along with coworkers, team work, the hardest part of the job is leaving the most enjoyable part of the day is being most productive. Need more money. The best part of doing this job it is convenient for me as far as transportation and I love seeing all the different people of all cultures traveling in and out of the country. So many planes coming in to the stretch of the runway. Keeping very busy and helping people, it can be hectic with the hustle and bustle people trying to get flights, cancelled flights happen all the time. Making reservations helping people with customer service and also within the clubs at the airport United especially, attendant for wheel chair patrons, assisting with locations around the airport, directing air train passengers dispatching. Getting up early to assist patrons.
Pros
free lunch and perks
benefits
Unprofessional and Disorganized
Radio Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
I have worked for Airserv Corporation (ATL) and this is by far the worst job experience that I ever had. I wouldn't recommend working here. When I started work with them, I couldn't even clock in on my first day because the recruiters failed to assign me an employee ID number so I was forced to fill out handclock forms for weeks before I ever got my number. When my first pay day came, my time wasn't accurate. After expressing my problems to management, I was informed on the paycheck correction policy which involved extensive paperwork that required signatures from managers who the recruiters failed to introduce the new employees to after the hiring and training process. Overall, the personal adjustments that need to be made while working at Airserv drastically outweighs the pay.
Pros
quick advancement, decent breaks, employee discount
Cons
disorganized, unprofessional, disrespectful
Non existant management
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2016
Job is only worth working for the tips. Management and HR department does not care about you, you are just a number. The benefits are horrible. You stay overtime, you work through your lunch and breaks but God forbid you wear a pair of shoes with a little white on them and they are quick to write you up. I used to love working here but since a new company took over it has definitely taken a turn for the worst. It used to be all about the customers and now it's about the most petty things. I would definitely recommend this job for a college student who doesn't mind working full time. On the other hand I wouldn't recommend this job to someone who thinks they will be rewarded for their hard work. It's embarrasing to work with what we have. We have a manager who the airlines don't even know, we have 8 radios for a shift with 15 people on it, you use your own personal cell phone to communicate with dispatch, our break room is cluttered with broken tables, chairs, and used/abandoned microwave and fridge. I am not a employee who has a grudge or have been fired. I am a employee who loves working with the customers and Co workers. So it's really sad how management can really put no interest into their employees and motivate them to do their best.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management, senority irrelevant, the list goes on.
An ok company that could be better
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2016
I worked for the Delta hub in Salt Lake City. The job is helping disabled passengers get to their flight, which is more strenuous than it sounds. The pay per hour is low (6.00/hr) plus tips. The job is ok but management tries to run the company like the military with chains of command and a lot of authoritarian type of hierarchical structure. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Pros
Great people, energetic environment, "feel good" type work
Cons
Low pay, bossy culture
Secure position/Understanding management
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Management is good in the HR office. The staff unites as one in times of stress, even though we work in separate teams. The Vice President buys the office lunch a few times a month. There is room for growth, especially if you have a degree.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Benefits
Enjoy most of co-worker, and the supervisor
Airport Passenger Assistance (A.P.A) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
The line too long in getting your radio, to start your day and it take 30 minutes to get your radio. The hardest part is pushing overweight passengers up or down jet way. Sometimes you got wait until help come to help you, and take time.Sometimes dispatcher doesn't get you enough time in between deals. The most enjoyable part of the some of the people I meet. What I learned is never book your flight too close together, at least book 2-3 hours apart.That everyone need a helping hand. My job to make sure the passenger to their flight on time.
Pros
Meeting interest people
Cons
No raises, short breaks, no flight, cut hours when it slow and that affect your when you take vacation
Dont do it
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNOctober 24, 2016
they are unprofessional and unorganized, they are dirty, rodents all over there warehouse building, bird feces everywhere, they never have any lav gloves, the vans and trucks are all broken and you might catch pneumonia in the winter, they need to just get a new building. No diversity in management, and whenever Delta people pop up is when they want to try and clean up or show out. very fake people!
Pros
Good for entry level
Cons
Dirty, Unorganized, No Benefits
Not a great Company
Baggage Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 8, 2016
I was a baggage agent there. It was like slavery work because they don't allow you to sit and expect a lot from you for very little pay. they do not have any benefits so there's no motivation for working and the managers don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management and Pay
A good first job
Airline Passenger Assistant/Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
Assist passengers who requested wheelchairs throughout the airport to the connecting flight asking do they need to use the restroom or get something to eat along the way, and to meet family at baggage claim. Assist unaccompanied minors throughout the airport by verifying information and taking them to the departing gate. I've learned time management, provide excellent customer service, and safety policies and procedures. I really enjoyed working with everyone, and meet people from around the world. The hardest job is when it is very busy you don't have time for breaks,the pay is low, and management is bad.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world, good first job
Cons
Management, short breaks, low pay
Not a good career choice
Driver- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2016
$9 HR...not good for a commercial license.I worked there for 4 years never received a raise because it wasn't in the budget. Managers unprofessional, dispatchers unprofessional, and plenty of gossiping employees.
AirServ Experience
Zone Member/Wheelchair Assiant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2016
Clock-in to work grab an Concourse Tablet. I start my Duties on my Concourse B then print out my flights times sheet for my Inbound and Outbound Flights. I have learned how to work with different cultures and types of passengers with different disabilities. I learned how to do aisle chairs of lifting passengers and transporting them onto the plane. Always making sure all passengers make it to all their designated flights on time without any delays. My co-workers and Mangers were wonderful people even though everyone had their own different personalities and ways but in all they were great co-workers to have. My biggest challenge I've came across was rush of Inbound flights that where late coming to have their Outbound leave out on time with also 2 or 3 gates leaving out at the same time as well. Most of all I loved my job position greatest experience I have ever had to have a chance to meet different culture of people I would say I will start back working with AirServ.
Fun working with a large diverse community
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 15, 2016
Constant communication with staff management and client. Staff members successfully executing contractual obligation under great leadership direction

Great local/departmental management team work

Challenges were being grossly understaffed, low wages were a main factor. Wages not competitive with the current market.
Pros
great management team work
Cons
Upper Management
not a good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
this is a stressful job, no compensation for work, pay checks are incorrect weekly. Management does not meet with staff on regular basis. Drivers are disrespectful.
Pros
overtime
Cons
dis organized
Air serv was a job
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 9, 2016
A friend of mine worked here and all of her lunch breaks and break rights were violated on a regular basis. Management was nowhere to be found and human resources was a laughable joke. Horrible uniform that was inappropriate for some of the tasks expected to be performed. She was repeatedly lied to and repeatedly ignored. If you are super desperate for work or you are interested in having basically full access to the airport with no consequences if you don't give back your badge because they never will ask you for it and it will be active for weeks without them realizing that you quit then this is the job for you!!! Learn how the airport works make small tips and make minimum wage to take naps if you are lucky enough to fly under the radar.
Pros
Get to know the airport
Cons
Wage, unqualified management, hot uniform, no breaks
Great company
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Teaches you how to work more with people on teams and team work great company enjoy working there. Gives us great benefits like heath care, vacation time and raises every year
The pay for commerical driver licences was unacceptable at $9.00 an hour. The workers are old gossiup women that jeep up a lot of unnecessary drama.
Fedex shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2016
A lot of Backstabbing older women keeping up mess all the time. The dispatcher was crazy and ignorant thinking she was the big boss of everybody. The managers let the dispatcher pick with people on the radio on the first shift. Management all over the place and unorganized playing favorites. Very unprofessional company. Shocked that Fedex is using the company to transport their staff. You work out of a old nasty rundown trailer with a urine odor you can snell throughout. They have a very high turnover rate because of the working conditions.
Cons
Do not work for airsev. You will regret it
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 9, 2016
If an unorganized rat covered warehouse with terrible management too much work and low pay then airsev is the place for you. There is an overall feeling of unhappiness in the warehouse. Missing days or hours from paycheck is a usual occurrence. Good luck getting it back.Mandatory overtime is terrible when you have kids.And the management is AWFUL! No one knows what is going on and the big blonde is so disrespectful to her employees.the head guy nick is nowhere to be seen.micheal is not bad. Do not work here you will regret it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AirServ Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6