AIT Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great working environment
Analytical Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2016
A typical work day consists of loading biological and non biological specimens testing for drugs and other chemicals. I learned the significance behind being able to troubleshoot any of the instruments and to be able to perform maintenance. Management wasn't there for most of the shift since it was a second shift. Co-workers were good to learn from and help when they needed the extra set of hands. Hardest part of the job would have been not knowing the proper way to complete the data analysis, but just being told to do it and follow the data review guide. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience and kindness from the other co-workers.
Detailed, productive and relaxed atmosphere
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Casual work environment. Worked well with employee personal needs. It was a little hard to communicate with upper management. Sometimes it would take a while before addressing an employee's needs. Working management was very accessible. Daily work functions entailed printing medical claim forms, adding attachments and mailing. A big part of my day would be scanning documents, uploading patient information to insurance companies and data entry. Weekly i would print out forms and fax to doctor offices for patient information. Monthly i would print, sort and mail invoices. I enjoyed being able to interact with my co-workers and ask them freely for help if needed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
company relocating to another state
Work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2016
We have less people and samples now than in past. Aliquoting and extractions is fun and I've learned a lot of things while there. The micro management of smart people is unnecessary. I do protein precipes, liquid-liquid and 96 well plates. There currently is no room to move up, expand salary or raises. I enjoy the work and most of the people.
Pros
experience in my field
Cons
micromanagement, no room for advancement
Advanced Individual Training - US Army - 12N
12N Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMay 9, 2016
I remember this portion of my life as the worst part of it. Leadership was spiteful, unfair, and condescending. I couldn't picture a worse place to be inside the U.S.
construction
constrution (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJuly 7, 2016
Come in the morning and use power tools including measuring tape, drills, saws, and other hand tools. Also cleaned the glass and work area when done working.
great working enviroment
Clinic Technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 26, 2016
AIT allowed me to work in different clinics and with different providers. Which all were welcoming and helpful! Leadership was helpful, schedule was flexible, and compensation was great!
Great Starter Position out of College
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day consisted of Aliquotting and Extracting Urine and Volatile Samples.

I learned how to effectively pipette, as well as time management skills for the future.

Management was always understanding and willing to work with my schedule when necessary.

My co-workers created a wonderful work environment with their laughter and warm hearts.

The hardest part of my job was adapting to the schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers and our interactions on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Lack in Job Security
Productive always learning new experiences
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 28, 2015
Supervisor AWESOME!!!! great experience alwuas something good to learn comunnication always great, ones of those places that you never want to leave ." I love been part of this Awesome Company".
Pros
Great enviroment!!!
Cons
shorth breaks but always time goes faster.
Good First Job after College
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2015
Pretty relaxed work environment. Coworkers and managers are friendly and helpful.

Occasionally poor communication about important matters and some mild favoritism with managers, but over all it is a decent place to work. Things are a bit shaky right now, but may improve as their new GuideMed program continues to take off.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
smelly, comunication issues
Great place to work with fun people
Inventory Control/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 25, 2015
Everyday started off inventorying material from seven buildings. Each and every building did things a little different,but all ended with the same overall goal of 100% accurate inventory.Environment was hot but manageable. The management team was very responsive to issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay and teamwork
Cons
layoffs
Restrictive work environment with highly incompetent upper management
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
You are responsible for recruiting drivers for work within the freight transportation industry. You must show up to an office on a m-f, 9-5 basis. I found both middle-management as well as upper-management to be highly incompetent and, worse, they tended to motivate on a negative basis; rarely focusing on the positives you were accomplishing.
Pros
Rewarding on a personal level
Cons
Bad management, generally negative work environment
drug screens doctor office
phlebotomist/clinical technician (Former Employee) –  rutland vtJuly 13, 2015
perfomed drug screens draw blood.worked on a doctors office with a great bunch of gals and physicians. orders my own supplies oreder entry shiped and recieved my specimens and supplies.
Pros
always celebrated everyones birthday and had free lunches never saw my bosses they were out of state
Cons
no cons
AIT is American Institute of Technology
Asst. Director of Admission (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
not Laboratories was a Truck Driver Training Facility
The work was stressful but also satisfying at the same time. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some management decisions.Most enjoyable was being able to place people in an actual job and training them for the position.
Pros
job placement for trainees
Cons
bonus money stopped
very good company
Territory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 4, 2015
loved working for them but company restructure, then laid off all employees, sad because people loved there services, blood and urine drug testing, continue education and the learning seminars were great.
Pros
all good, great company
Cons
they closed down
Working on different issues evryday
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 29, 2014
In the mornings have a team meeting, then go back to desks and see what tickets you have in your bucket to work. start working on the issues that are most high and then leave the low ones for last. everyday was something different, hardly ever the same thing, if there was you had the ticketing system to track what you did to resolve and could complete the task quickly
Pros
hardly ever at your desk for long periods of time
Cons
hardly ever at your desk for long periods of time
Used to be great
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2013
This was once a really great place to work; it is a shame to see how far they have fallen. Maybe with the former owner back in charge they can reclaim what they had-a great culture, great benefits and job security. These days, the morale is at an all-time low, their business is failing and they have serious financial troubles, and the laboratory is led by an inept and inexperienced management team that do not concern themselves with inspiring or leading their employees. The people I worked with were great, but the ones who are still there are miserable. Ask any employee who has been there in the last few years and I am certain they will confirm this review.
Pros
great employees, founder and ceo is a great man.
Cons
manangement, extreme employee turnover, morale
The worst shame shame shame
Truck Driving Student (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2012
they rush you they lie they cheat you out of any thing they can they head of the school in vegas feels that her military life should care over and should treat you accordingly, most instructors dis honest in there dealings you charge a hugh amount of money and give you nothing and allow companies to come in and lie to you. shame on you
Cons
poor vehicles poor facilities poor instructor inadequate instructing
Toxicology is very interesting
Account Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN (New York and Vermont Territory)January 5, 2015
A typical work day would include territory review, and route planning. Answering emails, contacting accounts. My territory included New York and Vermont. I learned so much about urine and blood toxicology, as well as genetic testing and oral fluid testing. Management was doing their best to support the sales team, and give us new and extinguishing services to sell; provided us the means to differentiate ourselves in the market. Co-workers were amazing, small team of very involved people. All were willing to give advice or call with questions of their own. Great group atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was insurance coverage and managed care obstacles. The cost of the testing was more than most patients would comfortably afford. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely learning the science behind the laboratory and educating providers.
Pros
found success and learned a lot along the way
Cons
very large territory
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2014
This is a great company which keeps expanding. Everyone is part of a big family and management was outstanding. There was always someone there to answer questions welcomely. I learned to be more efficient in Microsoft office and was able to give the company my speedy service.
Pros
great atmosphere, friendly co-workers
No oportunity for advancement, lack of work for long periods of time
Assembler technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 3, 2013
Assembly of parts, electrical wiring, pneumatics, sometimes in clean room environment.
Learned to work with little information due to lack of good blue prints and BOM's
Most of the people where very skilled and good workers.
Not having constant work.
Building high tech equipment.
Pros
indor a/c
Cons
benefits all together