AIT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Great Starter Position out of College
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day consisted of Aliquotting and Extracting Urine and Volatile Samples.

I learned how to effectively pipette, as well as time management skills for the future.

Management was always understanding and willing to work with my schedule when necessary.

My co-workers created a wonderful work environment with their laughter and warm hearts.

The hardest part of my job was adapting to the schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers and our interactions on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Lack in Job Security
Good First Job after College
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2015
Pretty relaxed work environment. Coworkers and managers are friendly and helpful.

Occasionally poor communication about important matters and some mild favoritism with managers, but over all it is a decent place to work. Things are a bit shaky right now, but may improve as their new GuideMed program continues to take off.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
smelly, comunication issues
Great place to work with fun people
Inventory Control/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 25, 2015
Everyday started off inventorying material from seven buildings. Each and every building did things a little different,but all ended with the same overall goal of 100% accurate inventory.Environment was hot but manageable. The management team was very responsive to issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay and teamwork
Cons
layoffs
drug screens doctor office
phlebotomist/clinical technician (Former Employee) –  rutland vtJuly 13, 2015
perfomed drug screens draw blood.worked on a doctors office with a great bunch of gals and physicians. orders my own supplies oreder entry shiped and recieved my specimens and supplies.
Pros
always celebrated everyones birthday and had free lunches never saw my bosses they were out of state
Cons
no cons
Restrictive work environment with highly incompetent upper management
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
You are responsible for recruiting drivers for work within the freight transportation industry. You must show up to an office on a m-f, 9-5 basis. I found both middle-management as well as upper-management to be highly incompetent and, worse, they tended to motivate on a negative basis; rarely focusing on the positives you were accomplishing.
Pros
Rewarding on a personal level
Cons
Bad management, generally negative work environment
Engaging and friendly, with great supervisors.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2015
Professional and friendly co-workers; safe, clean, friendly environment; ideal for those who are fresh out of college.
very good company
Territory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 4, 2015
loved working for them but company restructure, then laid off all employees, sad because people loved there services, blood and urine drug testing, continue education and the learning seminars were great.
Pros
all good, great company
Cons
they closed down
Toxicology is very interesting
Account Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN (New York and Vermont Territory)January 5, 2015
A typical work day would include territory review, and route planning. Answering emails, contacting accounts. My territory included New York and Vermont. I learned so much about urine and blood toxicology, as well as genetic testing and oral fluid testing. Management was doing their best to support the sales team, and give us new and extinguishing services to sell; provided us the means to differentiate ourselves in the market. Co-workers were amazing, small team of very involved people. All were willing to give advice or call with questions of their own. Great group atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was insurance coverage and managed care obstacles. The cost of the testing was more than most patients would comfortably afford. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely learning the science behind the laboratory and educating providers.
Pros
found success and learned a lot along the way
Cons
very large territory
AIT Army
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 30, 2014
army what you expect out of it that we would go out and do all this that was done but did that
AIT is American Institute of Technology
Asst. Director of Admission (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
not Laboratories was a Truck Driver Training Facility
The work was stressful but also satisfying at the same time. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some management decisions.Most enjoyable was being able to place people in an actual job and training them for the position.
Pros
job placement for trainees
Cons
bonus money stopped
3 1/2 years of happiness
Clinical Technician/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2014
I loved working with this Company. I was in a great office and made friends with a really great group of patients whom i saw monthly for 3 1/2 years.
Good place to teach
Senior Instructor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAOctober 23, 2014
Its just like any teaching job. Typical class sizes are around 32 students ages are usually 18-21. Most of the students are fresh out of highschool. If you enjoy teaching automations and computers this is not a bad place to teach.
Pros
good people
Cons
military school in fort lee virgina
Military mechanics training student (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 20, 2014
i was there for 12 weeks to train on my mos 91b ( light wheel vehicle mechanic)
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2014
This is a great company which keeps expanding. Everyone is part of a big family and management was outstanding. There was always someone there to answer questions welcomely. I learned to be more efficient in Microsoft office and was able to give the company my speedy service.
Pros
great atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Working on different issues evryday
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 29, 2014
In the mornings have a team meeting, then go back to desks and see what tickets you have in your bucket to work. start working on the issues that are most high and then leave the low ones for last. everyday was something different, hardly ever the same thing, if there was you had the ticketing system to track what you did to resolve and could complete the task quickly
Pros
hardly ever at your desk for long periods of time
Cons
hardly ever at your desk for long periods of time
Good place to work if you are looking for something temporary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 18, 2014
Typical day would include but not limited to preparing orders for custormers. I learned how thing are prepared. Management was ok. My co workers at the time was awesome to work with. Hardest part of job was pretty much nothing.
Nice place to work
Technical Supply Chain/Quoting (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 5, 2014
Not much to say, I was laidoff after a year, but enjoyed working for the company prior to the buyout. They (AIT) seemed to care about their people. After UCT took over, the people became numbers and were let go to make room.
Pros
benefits, the people were very nice
Cons
no cons, they need to consolidate the 7 buildings to save wasted time.
Clinical Tech
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2014
Typical day would be to collect urine and blood drug screens at differant clinics.

Management was good. They kept all the clinical techs informed of what was going on.

My co-workers were always differant. I went to differant locations all the time and everyone at the clinics were nice.
Pros
going to differant clinic locations
AIT
92G (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VADecember 21, 2013
learning our jobs were very essential into our career. we had extensive training physically mentaly most of all we learned to work with each other not alot of people liked one another weeks went by we learned to get along.
Pros
we went to dinner by our selves had weekend passes
Cons
fireguard
School
Signal Support Systems Specialist Training (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 17, 2013
A great kearning environment. I learned a great deal. Was taught to install and maintain computers, radios, antennas, and satellites.