AIT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Poor management
Intern (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 20, 2017
Company does not treat employees well, it is all about management. The atmosphere is awful, management is unfriendly and has a bully undertone. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Cons
No more free lunches, negative atmosphere
Positive
OSHA coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46241September 8, 2017
AIT was a great company to work for and they are there for their employees. I wish they had more labs in our area (ky) The customer support line was always available for the patients and employees if there was any questions or concerns with the labs that was ordered.
not a good place to work
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2017
• Helped develop new policies and procedures in order to drive continuous improvement
Utilized time management to meet deadlines for; administering medication upon physicians order, scheduling tests and treatments, pre-certifying patients for procedures, and returning patient phone calls
productive and intense work with easy going management
Toxicology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of going through roughly 96 patient drug test and analyzing the data. I learned how to determine if a drug concentration is valid, how to purify urine, oral fluid, and blood for testing, as well as different protocols for rehab medicine and precreen data analysis.
Pros
fun environment, coworkers are nice, every department in same building
Cons
underpaid compared to other companies for the amount of work we are given, overtime is scarce
Like a sweatshop
Test Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 23, 2017
Had to go to work and stop work at the bell. No variance on breaks or lunch. Not organized. Would not recommend anyone work there. just filling in the required characters now.
Easy work if you keep track of what you did
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
Not much involvement from management. easy work overall, easy to pick up extra work. company went out of business due to management making questionable decisions
Pros
decent pay, okay people
Cons
dishonest business practices at the high end
Long hours with little to chance for incentive for going above what a normal work week would be.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2017
Thee workers, do work very hard with very little to not help from management. Feed back or training is no existence it more of a sink or swim involvement.
Pros
They do pay well and have a great healthcae
Cons
hours, you will be working weekends and evenings
Fun and great place to work, and environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2017
This job consisted of making out bound calls to prospective truck driving students, to go through our job placement/training program. I learned a lot about the trucking world (i.e. what they make, what a day in the life of a truck driving was, what it takes to pass the training, ect.) My manager was great, always willing to help, very knowledgeable, and created a great work place and culture. I would say the hardest part about the job is, it never changed. You did the same thing every day, and there was zero chance of getting promoted. The most enjoyable part about the job was definitely the staff! Everyone was happy, and the best part is that everyone had a great personality, with a great personality!!!
Pros
Great people, free food sometimes, secure job, good money, great hours
Cons
No room for advancement, only a $0.33 raise each year (no matter how you preform)
Not a good company to work for
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I do urine drug screens on patients and fill out the requisitions to be sent with the urine samples or oral fluid samples and print of reports when they were finalized.
Great Environment
IT (Current Employee) –  UnspecifiedJanuary 4, 2017
Never stop learning in a living environment. .
Pros
Great people, great workplace
Cons
almost not working
Fun
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Fun it was tots fun, tons of fun it was the greatest tons of fun i had like so much fun you wouldn't believe like wow so so so so so so much fun
Field Nurse; love the autonomy
GuideMed LPN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You have complete autonomy and great communication with managers. The work is not stressful or overwhelming at all and the pay is adequate.
Very slow production wise not enough man power
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 20, 2016
Get more man power so that production picks back up. I feel that if A.I.T. would've kept all the employees that they laid off and let go due to slow productions, it could've been a little more fast pace environment. Alot of the employees seek other employment due to slow production and low working hours.
bought out
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2016
Lab portion of company was bought out which resulted in many losing their jobs even though a new company was formed a lot of employees were not chosen to work for this new company
From good to bad
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2016
Poor management and some crooked deals led to increases in company debt, and decrease in benefits. High attrition led to loss of talent, and promotion of under qualified people, not to any fault of their own.

The company was split and purchased by two different companies.
Pros
people, hands on experience available
Cons
people in management, no room for growth, lack of technical experience to learn from
A place to work
Forensic Analytical Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2016
The people i work with are very nice and dependable. I enjoy the fast pace of the work and knowing my work is helping the clients get results faster. Some improvements could be made in some areas.
Productive and great working environment
Analytical Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2016
A typical work day consists of loading biological and non biological specimens testing for drugs and other chemicals. I learned the significance behind being able to troubleshoot any of the instruments and to be able to perform maintenance. Management wasn't there for most of the shift since it was a second shift. Co-workers were good to learn from and help when they needed the extra set of hands. Hardest part of the job would have been not knowing the proper way to complete the data analysis, but just being told to do it and follow the data review guide. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience and kindness from the other co-workers.
Work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2016
We have less people and samples now than in past. Aliquoting and extractions is fun and I've learned a lot of things while there. The micro management of smart people is unnecessary. I do protein precipes, liquid-liquid and 96 well plates. There currently is no room to move up, expand salary or raises. I enjoy the work and most of the people.
Pros
experience in my field
Cons
micromanagement, no room for advancement
construction
constrution (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJuly 7, 2016
Come in the morning and use power tools including measuring tape, drills, saws, and other hand tools. Also cleaned the glass and work area when done working.
Detailed, productive and relaxed atmosphere
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Casual work environment. Worked well with employee personal needs. It was a little hard to communicate with upper management. Sometimes it would take a while before addressing an employee's needs. Working management was very accessible. Daily work functions entailed printing medical claim forms, adding attachments and mailing. A big part of my day would be scanning documents, uploading patient information to insurance companies and data entry. Weekly i would print out forms and fax to doctor offices for patient information. Monthly i would print, sort and mail invoices. I enjoyed being able to interact with my co-workers and ask them freely for help if needed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
company relocating to another state