AIT Laboratories Employee Reviews

From good to bad
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2016
Poor management and some crooked deals led to increases in company debt, and decrease in benefits. High attrition led to loss of talent, and promotion of under qualified people, not to any fault of their own.

The company was split and purchased by two different companies.
Pros
people, hands on experience available
Cons
people in management, no room for growth, lack of technical experience to learn from
Work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2016
We have less people and samples now than in past. Aliquoting and extractions is fun and I've learned a lot of things while there. The micro management of smart people is unnecessary. I do protein precipes, liquid-liquid and 96 well plates. There currently is no room to move up, expand salary or raises. I enjoy the work and most of the people.
Pros
experience in my field
Cons
micromanagement, no room for advancement
Detailed, productive and relaxed atmosphere
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Casual work environment. Worked well with employee personal needs. It was a little hard to communicate with upper management. Sometimes it would take a while before addressing an employee's needs. Working management was very accessible. Daily work functions entailed printing medical claim forms, adding attachments and mailing. A big part of my day would be scanning documents, uploading patient information to insurance companies and data entry. Weekly i would print out forms and fax to doctor offices for patient information. Monthly i would print, sort and mail invoices. I enjoyed being able to interact with my co-workers and ask them freely for help if needed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
company relocating to another state
Productive and great working environment
Analytical Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2016
A typical work day consists of loading biological and non biological specimens testing for drugs and other chemicals. I learned the significance behind being able to troubleshoot any of the instruments and to be able to perform maintenance. Management wasn't there for most of the shift since it was a second shift. Co-workers were good to learn from and help when they needed the extra set of hands. Hardest part of the job would have been not knowing the proper way to complete the data analysis, but just being told to do it and follow the data review guide. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience and kindness from the other co-workers.
Very slow production wise not enough man power
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 20, 2016
Get more man power so that production picks back up. I feel that if A.I.T. would've kept all the employees that they laid off and let go due to slow productions, it could've been a little more fast pace environment. Alot of the employees seek other employment due to slow production and low working hours.
Great Starter Position out of College
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day consisted of Aliquotting and Extracting Urine and Volatile Samples.

I learned how to effectively pipette, as well as time management skills for the future.

Management was always understanding and willing to work with my schedule when necessary.

My co-workers created a wonderful work environment with their laughter and warm hearts.

The hardest part of my job was adapting to the schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers and our interactions on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Lack in Job Security
Not a good company to work for
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I do urine drug screens on patients and fill out the requisitions to be sent with the urine samples or oral fluid samples and print of reports when they were finalized.
Fun
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Fun it was tots fun, tons of fun it was the greatest tons of fun i had like so much fun you wouldn't believe like wow so so so so so so much fun
Used to be great
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2013
This was once a really great place to work; it is a shame to see how far they have fallen. Maybe with the former owner back in charge they can reclaim what they had-a great culture, great benefits and job security. These days, the morale is at an all-time low, their business is failing and they have serious financial troubles, and the laboratory is led by an inept and inexperienced management team that do not concern themselves with inspiring or leading their employees. The people I worked with were great, but the ones who are still there are miserable. Ask any employee who has been there in the last few years and I am certain they will confirm this review.
Pros
great employees, founder and ceo is a great man.
Cons
manangement, extreme employee turnover, morale
Great Environment
IT (Current Employee) –  UnspecifiedJanuary 4, 2017
Never stop learning in a living environment. .
Pros
Great people, great workplace
Cons
almost not working
bought out
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2016
Lab portion of company was bought out which resulted in many losing their jobs even though a new company was formed a lot of employees were not chosen to work for this new company
A place to work
Forensic Analytical Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2016
The people i work with are very nice and dependable. I enjoy the fast pace of the work and knowing my work is helping the clients get results faster. Some improvements could be made in some areas.
great working enviroment
Clinic Technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 26, 2016
AIT allowed me to work in different clinics and with different providers. Which all were welcoming and helpful! Leadership was helpful, schedule was flexible, and compensation was great!
construction
constrution (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJuly 7, 2016
Come in the morning and use power tools including measuring tape, drills, saws, and other hand tools. Also cleaned the glass and work area when done working.
Great place to work with fun people
Inventory Control/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 25, 2015
Everyday started off inventorying material from seven buildings. Each and every building did things a little different,but all ended with the same overall goal of 100% accurate inventory.Environment was hot but manageable. The management team was very responsive to issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay and teamwork
Cons
layoffs
Advanced Individual Training - US Army - 12N
12N Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMay 9, 2016
I remember this portion of my life as the worst part of it. Leadership was spiteful, unfair, and condescending. I couldn't picture a worse place to be inside the U.S.
Cons
Overall decent place to work
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2013
As long as you completed your daily tasks, everything is fine. The management is very lazy and not process or procedure oriented. There is no room for advancement as a lot of politics take place at the management level and above.
Toxicology Laboratory specializing in Prescription Narcotic Monitoring
Regional Sales Manager / Northeast/Midwest (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
Premier toxicology laboratory in the US. Enhanced my skill set in new market penetration, generating leads, account maintenance, sales management and leadership, and maintaining a positive work culture.
Toxicology is very interesting
Account Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN (New York and Vermont Territory)January 5, 2015
A typical work day would include territory review, and route planning. Answering emails, contacting accounts. My territory included New York and Vermont. I learned so much about urine and blood toxicology, as well as genetic testing and oral fluid testing. Management was doing their best to support the sales team, and give us new and extinguishing services to sell; provided us the means to differentiate ourselves in the market. Co-workers were amazing, small team of very involved people. All were willing to give advice or call with questions of their own. Great group atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was insurance coverage and managed care obstacles. The cost of the testing was more than most patients would comfortably afford. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely learning the science behind the laboratory and educating providers.
Pros
Found success and learned a lot along the way
Cons
Very Large Territory
Restrictive work environment with highly incompetent upper management
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
You are responsible for recruiting drivers for work within the freight transportation industry. You must show up to an office on a m-f, 9-5 basis. I found both middle-management as well as upper-management to be highly incompetent and, worse, they tended to motivate on a negative basis; rarely focusing on the positives you were accomplishing.
Pros
Rewarding on a personal level
Cons
Bad management, generally negative work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIT Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval