AJ's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Baker's Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2017
I loved all of my co-workers and the customers. I loved seeing the regular customers coming in and having a nice conversation with them. All of my co-workers showed teamwork and my manager was very persistent in work but at the same time having a great time at work.
Pros
Paid every week
Productive Place to work
Cashier//Clerk/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 23, 2017
A day at AJ's Fine Foods involves providing high quality customer service while efficiently handling grocery transactions. This involves engaging with the customer in conversation meanwhile answering telephone calls and providing answers to inquiries or transferring the call to a department who can handle the inquiry. It also includes doing what you can for your superiors, if they need something done you drop what your doing and help the manager. Some days as a clerk you unload, organize, and distribute products from an incoming grocery load. In addition to this you must check dates of all refrigerated products every other day of the week, it's something we call coding. You must also back up your fellow coworkers when a call for cashier assistance is called for. You must also groom the patio and take care of janitorial duties on the patio and in store cleaning duties. Finally when a dry grocery load comes in you must organize and then distribute products to their respective spots in the store.
Pros
Great Work Environment and Great Coworkers
Ajs fine foods
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2017
I learned great customer service. The best part at this job was helping people and giving them new ideas on products that came in. What I did not like most about this gob was the management team. The upper management played favorites and treated people unfairly .I was trained in different departments they would not pay me more for .
Fast pace work environment
Pastry Chef/Baker/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 12, 2017
This company is a fair place to work, but every work place has its ups and downs. I would advise to watch your back in the retail industry. Everyone only looks out for themselves and the customers are not always the friendliest people.
Pros
Fast pace environment
Cons
healthcare
Nice job when young
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2017
This is a great starter job to help learn about what it is like to have a job. I would recommend this for anyone who is starting working in high school or even college.
Productive and great learning skills
Bakery Clerk/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
The managers are amazing, and will help however they can. My coworkers had a great balance of personal life and being responsible with work duties. The regular customers are exciting to see and love when we always remember their order. Ajs is a great learning environment for furthering your knowledge in each departments and the managers are very understanding and work with you.
Exciting, Friendly, Team Work enviroment
Lead Clerk (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 18, 2016
Help customers all day sell all sorts of food such as sandwhiches, soups, salads, entrees, pizza, specailty cheese and deli meats. Amazing management that is strict but understanding. Friendly and motivated co-workers. The hardest part of the job is getting all your task do while attending to the customers. But the friendly customers and staff is also the best part of the job
Pros
Medical Benefits and positive enviroment
Cons
Short breaks and lot of work
Quality Food, Mediocre Management
Lead Bistro clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 28, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and customers that I met, but the management team left something to be desired. There was no real mentorship I could find in the place, and being a family owned and run company, there was not as much opportunity to move higher than a store or regional manager. Couldn't see a future where there was that kind of limitation.
Pros
People, Food, location
Cons
poorly managed, no break periods
Beautiful store with an overall great staff
Wine Steward (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 14, 2016
At AJ's, I've been able to increase my wine knowledge exponentially while working with a nice group of people The challenges are typical for retail: Super busy times peppered with demanding customers, but overall our customer base is very friendly. My immediate manager can be difficult to work with at times but the store director is fair and supports me . My typical day is spent stocking and ordering beer and wine. Assisting customers with wine and beer selections and overall great customer service. Only two of us work in my department so its just myself and the dept. mgr. The best part of my job is to de-mystify wine for people, helping them understand wine better and to see how excited they get when that light bulb goes on.
Pros
Good hours, nice work environment, autonomy
Cons
Salary, no vision benefits
Great people, great customers
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2016
They've been very inviting and willing to help out when I need them. Great teachers and friends. Fun environment. Great food and good prices.
Great part time job
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 25, 2016
My job was pretty easy and very manageable with my school schedule. It was a great experience learning all the station from chair and bakery.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of hours
It is the grocery industry
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2015
Good job to work at part-time. If you plan to make a career in the grocery industry, then pursue management opportunities.
Fun workplace with objectives
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2015
Working at AJ's was a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn at every turn. No department was off limits as a teaching classroom.
Pros
Great teamwork environment
Cons
Healthcare
Busy fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work was fun, fast paced, and learned something new everyday. The management was always there to answer any questions and supportive and a pleasure to work with. I maintained healthy relationships with all the customers.
Decent work and coworkers, pay is low
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Management is usually good, work environment is fun and engaging. Scheduling hours and requesting time off is easy and fair.
I did like it until other management came in then it went downhill!
Baker/cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale Az.March 7, 2015
Employees always calling in sick or always late for work shifts. Management do not enforce policies never pitch in to help busy situations. Upper management not familiar with all department procedures. I feel they should all be crossed trained in every department.Lucky to get a break 5 hours into your shift. You have to run to the restroom because there is not enough coverage to relieve you.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Rarely given a break in a timely way.
Flexible schedules and great environment to work in
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2014
The overall experience of working at Aj's is awesome. Tone of great people to work with as well friendly customers. Pay can be good but it could take awhile for advancement.
The worst part about it the job can be management, they are not always the most patient and can sometimes be hard to communicate with especially when a issue occurs.
Pros
Great Environment, Great peolpe
Cons
Team Managament or moral was low
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2014
I had a great time working there great interaction with customers and tried to make it like they was getting the best service they could want
great company
Assistant Caterer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2014
i enjoyed working for AJs. Awesome Chefs i was able to work with. Fun and loving company.
Fast paced, production and sales, educational experience in many areas
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2014
Enjoyable environment and attainable goals reached. Motivation to aspire to advance within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AJ's Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2