AJ's Fine Foods

AJ's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with objectives
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork environment
Cons: Healthcare
Working at AJ's was a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn at every turn. No department was off limits as a teaching classroom.
Busy fun work place
Barista (Former Employee), ScottsdaleMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work was fun, fast paced, and learned something new everyday. The management was always there to answer any questions and supportive and a pleasure to work with. I maintained healthy relationships with all the customers.
Decent work and coworkers, pay is low
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Management is usually good, work environment is fun and engaging. Scheduling hours and requesting time off is easy and fair.
I did like it until other management came in then it went downhill!
Baker/cake decorator (Former Employee), Scottsdale Az.March 7, 2015
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: rarely given a break in a timely way.
Employees always calling in sick or always late for work shifts. Management do not enforce policies never pitch in to help busy situations. Upper management not familiar with all department procedures. I feel they should all be crossed trained in every department.Lucky to get a break 5 hours into your shift. You have to run to the restroom because there is not enough coverage to relieve you.
Flexible schedules and great environment to work in
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great environment, great peolpe
Cons: team managament or moral was low
The overall experience of working at Aj's is awesome. Tone of great people to work with as well friendly customers. Pay can be good but it could take awhile for advancement.
The worst part about it the job can be management, they are not always the most patient and can sometimes be hard to communicate with especially when a issue occurs.
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2014
I had a great time working there great interaction with customers and tried to make it like they was getting the best service they could want
great company
Assistant Caterer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2014
i enjoyed working for AJs. Awesome Chefs i was able to work with. Fun and loving company.
Fast paced, production and sales, educational experience in many areas
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2014
Enjoyable environment and attainable goals reached. Motivation to aspire to advance within the company.
Me and my co- workers take satisfaction in something done together
Driver/Cashier (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 9, 2014
Pros: you get your birthday off with pay
Cons: not enough works hours.
Specialty quality foods from around the world can be found here.
Enjoyed meeting new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Duncan, NEMarch 24, 2014
Pros: it was a fun job, i enjoy people
Cons: no healthcare
My typical day started at 4:45 am making coffee, breakfast, & opening the store. I enjoyed working with my co-workers & the customers, I learned a lot about farming, the people.
Fun, productive day making coffee and desserts
Barista/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 18, 2014
Pros: shifts went by fast, great crew
Cons: overnight shifts
I liked working there. A typical day included selling pastries, coffee drinks, taking care of customers, and opening/closing duties. I learned about how holidays work at a bakery, for example, the mass amounts of pies, etc that we baked. Management was very easy to work for and they were always helpful. My co-workers were fun and easy to work with. I don't feel there was a real hard part of that job, it was hard work but, it went by so fast. It was all pretty enjoyable.
Sushi bar
Sushi Chef (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: consistent hours.
Cons: in a grocery store .
Interesting job. A full sushi bar in an upscale grocery store.
A Very good place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2013
Pros: some discounts and holiday meals.
Cons: short hours.
Bag groceries for customers and carry them out for them upon request, restock bags at registers, return unwanted items to store shelves and retrieve carts from the parking lot. Learned how to bag so as to avoid damaging or bruising fragile items. Management is very supportive as well as co-workers during my training which is an ongoing process. There is no part of the job that is really that hard. The most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and co-workers alike.
N/A
Deli Service Worker (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2013
AJ's is a good place to work. I have learned a lot working here. I Started as a dishwasher to deli clerk, and is now in the middle of training to be a catering assistant.
ok place to work but rate of pay is too low and benefits suck.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Phoenix,AzMay 10, 2013
Pros: they have great fresh food.
Cons: they work you very hard for what little pay they are willing to give.
once again AJs fine foods is a ok place to work but the rate of pay is too low to live,The management is way below a good standard.Also the benefits really suck.
Ultimate Gourmet Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 1, 2013
Pros: discount on quality products, paid time off
Cons: hardly any breaks, constant 6 day work weeks, high work/ low family time
The best experience in a gourmet grocery store. Graduated chef's prepare meals daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Soft music throughout the store, warm lighting with a sweet aroma of food.
A great place to work and grow in the retail industry.
Customer Service Manager - Category Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 7, 2012
AJ's is a family owned business that tries very hard to make their employees feel like they are a part of the family. It is an upbeat and friendly place to work. The management is supportive and accessible A typical day is rarely that, there are always new challenges and people to meet. Working with the other employees and helping customers is the most enjoyable part of working for AJ's. The most difficult part would be the, always, very dim lighting.
Links