Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. Employee Reviews

awesome family
Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2017
great people to work with. very lovable culture to be a part of. Love getting up to go to work every morning.would definitely refer this company to my peers
Growing company
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2016
I had a positive two and a half years at Ajinomoto Althea. During that time every department has grown ( Process Development, Upstream, Downstream, Fill/ Finish , QA, and QC).
Pros
Company is growing
Positive environment with management that cares
Sr. HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
Work at Althea is engaging, challenging, and fast paced. My management was invested in my development and dedicated to doing things right.

Employees were generally very happy and work hard to serve our clients well. One client even told us that we cared about their product more than they did, and I think that really sums up how hard everyone works.

Overall, I had a great working experience.
Horrible company
laboratory technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Worst management ever. Lots of favoritism. People absolutely do not know what is the right way to do things. A very toxic environment. No wonder every second person leaves the company in 3-4 months.
Horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2015
Horrible management. Lots of favortism. Current manufacturing management has absolutely no management skills or training.
Pros
It's a stable company because it's contract manufacturing
Cons
To many things to list. Don't work here you'll regret it.
Good company
Senior Manufacturing Assistant Recovery Group (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Small company with a friendly culture, no set schedule with long hours. They do take time to have team builders with employees.
Pros
holiday party
Fun workplace
Manufacturing Assistant (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2014
I had fun working here. Our department is always busy, always have lots to inspect and we always have to make it on time for our clients to be happy.
It's a good job.
Manufacturing technician - inspection (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Great people to work with, always willing to teach you and help you out.
Pros
Pay, O.T
Cons
Enviroment can be tense at times.
Good company
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San diego, CAAugust 12, 2014
My typical work day consisted of reviewing batch records, pulling and storing the product, inspection of product, QA sampling, and product packaging and shipping. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and high spirited. The most difficult part of the job was the FDA inspections. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project through start to finish.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
The company hired a lot of people at a time
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoApril 29, 2014
Althea could be a good company. Unfortunately because current managment have been placed into their positions based on tenure and not experience makes for a horrible culture and not an enjoyable place to work. My advice would be if you desperate or new to the industry then go for it. If your experienced then don't bother! You won't last.
Pros
Cons
Current managment, no structure. Not open to change. No bonus unless you are manager and above
Good company but want everything cheaply done
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Good company with nice people that work there. (For the most part) You know that saying "You get what you pay for?" This company would much rather pay two "biotech newbees" than pay for one that actually knows what they are doing. In the end it ends up costing the company WAY more money from the "lost" or "redo" projects than it would be to pay for good individuals.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
company cuts corners in areas that should be addressed
Great place to work with wonderful and talented people
Process Development Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2013
I learned a lot in my duration as a Process Development Intern. We had a large lab space, and with the guidance of a Process Engineer and Research Assistant, I learned to execute procedures using various equipments, work independently and as a part of a team, and truly get the hands on experience one should get in a PD laboratory.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. Reviews by Location