AJINOMOTO Employee Reviews

Colleague
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MsOctober 24, 2017
I worked there for over eight years and new employees came in making the same rate of pay that I was. Management NEVER made an effort to raise my pay. Dedicated work for nothing.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Poor Benefits and pay
Productive workplace, great benefits
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Eddyville, IASeptember 9, 2017
Balanced workplace that you know your working hours/ days off. Has great health insurance and pay. Treats employees fair and cares about there safety.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Lack of people on areas
Startup manufacturing job
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2017
Very stressful place coming from up front office positions all the way through production. Job security keeps people there but pay is not up to par. Great place to to get experience then leave for better.
Pros
Job security, Insurance
Cons
Spiders and snakes are everywhere around near your work
productive and fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAMay 26, 2017
very competitive company worldwide
good work environment
schedule 5 days a week
very good training department
awesome benefits and 401 K
this company gives me very good professional experience
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Good Place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAMay 24, 2017
Ajinomoto has great benefits and is a good place to work. The majority of the people that work there are good and easy to get along with and work with.
Productive, amazing co-workers
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Eddyville, IAMay 4, 2017
Working in a control room, taking lab samples, and running lab samples, also cleaning control room and cleaning up lab, Troubleshooting problems and solving problems
It is fun in work line.
Production line (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2017
I am fun in work line. You can look the line and work with them. Sometimes is slow but sometimes faster. First it make me confused how to put exactly in the production. So later I got it.
Best Employer a person can have.
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJApril 3, 2017
The workplace culture is very professional yet casual.
Typical day at work is very busy, quiet but yet calm.
Management is Very nice.
Benefits and pay are just awesome.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Closing of office
decent workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MSMarch 27, 2017
I started my shift at 4:00 look at the board to see if I was In fab or pack out once I knew I would go to my station and begin to work. I learned how to fold burritos and chimi's I also learn how to palletize get the product ready for shipping. The hardest part was the being in the cold for 8-10 hours a day. Enjoyable part were my co workers and supervisor always made it fun to be at work.
Pros
laid back
Cons
cold
Productive and great co workers to work with
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2017
Every day show up 12:30pm because i was on swing shift as a prep group we would prep and cook what we prep and follow the ingredients instructed always getting stuff done every day. Great leads and co workers
Fair
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2017
A typical work day is fair. The company is very family oriented. The company has a great history and cares about their employees. Overall it is a hidden gem.
A great place to be.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2017
This company takes time to train their employees so what needs to be done and communicates very well. This company values the employees treat employees with respect. If you ever looking for a great job this will be the place.
Pros
Growth in the company
Cons
Bad management and bad communication.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
This place is no good at all. I work here for almost 3 years and I have seen people come and go often. The schedule and hours are horrible because they move around to much. The pay is not good either with only couple of cent raise per year. Everyone here only work for themselves and not a team environment place. Also people take advantage of others and not really follow the company policy especially break time and lunch time. The management is bad. You can sometime have a busy day on a production line but you don't have enough people and on the other hand, you can have a easy day with too many people which they just pretty much standing around.
Pros
Benefits and other company activities like company picnics, holiday pays, etc.
Cons
pay raise is low (yearly couple of cents). Not a lot of ways to advance within the company.
cold enviroment to work in.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
shoveled meat in a machine for the machine to drop meat onto the burrito. learned to be an operator also strict management cold climate to work in. hardest part is being in the cold for hours at a time. most enjoyable part hanging out with other workers.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
A company with superb relations between management and employess with great opportunity for career growth, and a supportive workforce.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27610January 5, 2017
The company has a robust internal operating system that provides employees with a good opportunity for career growth. There, I have learned how to operate highly automated machines and equipment for mixing and of products with orchestrated work sequence which ranged from set-up, batching, sterilization, monitoring, sampling, and cleaning. The management of the company are employee friendly and have the welfare and safety of workers ranking high in their company philosophy. The workers are very cooperative and friendly. Superiors and supervisors in the company are known for their tolerance and understanding in all dealings with their subordinates. The most difficult part of the job is the cleaning aspect, probably because of its repetitive nature which is rather boring. The most enjoyable part of the job is the operation of the automated machines for mixing and packaging.
Good place to work.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IADecember 14, 2016
Good people, good insurance, good wages. You receive raises every year. Plus quarterly bonuses. Every other weekend off. Very safe place to work. Relaxed atmosphere for the most part.
Pros
Great insurance and benefits.
Cons
Shift work
great pay and benefits but the culture is horrible.
Production (Current Employee) –  Eddyville, IAOctober 12, 2016
Supervisors are so out of touch with the day to day operations of stuff it makes it impossible to do a good enough job. Definitely a good ole boys club where people get promoted based on how much they are liked, not how well they can do the job. There are many people in admin positions that don't know how to do their job, and when things don't run well, of course management comes down on the production shift workers instead of the cluless middle management. Not to mention the half dozen guys with 20+ years who are just coasting to retirement and don't give a f*** any more. This place is a joke, with ZERO accountability and no matter who made the mistake it will just get pinned on who ever management dislikes.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management, work life balance
really hard work with little chance for advancement
Mixing Tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2016
Ajinomoto was a very physical job. management did not care about the employees input. they were all about production until something went wrong.Medical benefits was great.Pay was average.
Pros
medical benefits, hours
Cons
management
thank you mr. plant manager
Warehouse/Forklift operator/lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 17, 2016
M&N plastics is where I learned how to do warehousing, and I have taken that experience up until this day. the plant manager and grave yard supervisor helped to be who I am today.
Decent company
Purification Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
Long hours but a very reliable company to work for just have to find a good balance between working rotating shifts on the production side.