AKAL SECURITY

AKAL SECURITY Employer Reviews

Each Day is a New Day at work.
Air Security Officer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: getting paid on time.
Cons: no benefits.
As an Air Security Officer flying on the immigration aircraft you could never predict a typical day of work. Each day presented new problems. I had to be able to resolve any conflicts on as needed basis. Most of my co-works are retired Police Officers or Correctional Officers. This is not a career minded position. The hardest part of this job are the duty hours. Sometimes we start our shift at 2:00 AM and not finish sometimes until 12:00 midnight. The most enjoyable part of this job is most of the time we fly from South Central America with no prisoners.
productive
security guard (Current Employee), bwi airportDecember 16, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: only a 30 minute break
Skilled security professional with two years plus providing security services for the airport and construction sites. I have excellent customer service skills as well as experience in cash handling for at least three plus years, one year of manager work and about two years doing replenishment.
Great place to work!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
For more than over 7 years, i enjoyed working as a armed contract federal officer for the government, at various government owned and operated locations and properties throughout illinois, and suburban area's..
The Day
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: not enough personel
a typical day a work is sitting in a car for 8 hrs and look at people work, some post inside the airport and that is for the old timers . I haven't really learned anything that i have not know from previews jobs. Supervisors are clueless and the majority of the officers know more than the supervisors.They draft you at the last minute and the don't give you chances to make home arrangements and you still have to come back the next day to work even if you got drafted the day before with only 3 to 4 hrs of sleep.The truth is the most enjoyable part of the job is to get off and the days off.
Best security company I ever worked for
Lieutenant (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no longer in california
This company was top notch until they decided to end their California operations and close our branch office.The pay was great over abundance of overtime to those who wanted it.The reputation was unmatched.I was extremely upset to hear that we would be closing our office in April of 2009;but that is just business
this job was the worst
guard (Former Employee), baltimore MDOctober 22, 2014
Half of the work place is gay even HR and I have nothing agents gay but when your flirted with over an over it stars to get nerve recking this job is not a career an with the staff in there now trust me you wont make it far they start to let peopel go be for december I was let go I had no write up an stayed to myself people if you get this job get in an get out dont get comfortable an yes the pay is ok but they make you do over time if other peopel or shifts call out so if you have something to do dosent matter your staying youll see how unprofessional they are if you go and they have some nice ppl that work there good luck.
its a pleasure to work with cso with years of experience
federal court security officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free uniforms and needed equipment
Cons: company doesnt allow take home weapons to practice
akal great agency to work for ,excellent management co workers are the best anyone will find
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working as a security officer
Cons: did not pay well.
Security Officer for AKAL contract sites throughout the Phoenix Area. Mobile Patrol Officer for AKAL contract sites throughout the Phoenix Area.
Security for private, residential and business.
Officer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoAugust 8, 2014
This company was hired by private, business and personal places to secure the building and property.
Job description review
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: administratively inoperable.
Great job for what the tasks given is very easily understood, and tasks to do must be completed in a timely fashion, team work is a must!
Good Work enviorement, Good Salary.
Manager- James Butler Contact Number (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good salary, unlimited overtime occasionaly.
Cons: traveling distance for some workers.
Patrol airport floors by foot, and provide customers with accurate directions or help.Learned the security system of the airport and how badge readers and gate electronics operate.Co-workers were very helpful and leading to opportunity's when in need.
This was my first job. Great job learned a lot. Everyone help me to be better.
TCO/TRAFFIC CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: learn alot in a short time with akal.
Love my job. Met very thoughtful people from very area I work at the airport. From greeters to customs and K-9 handlers. And the special post I did.
Loved doing Operations work and working closely at the Airport
Operations Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasJune 19, 2014
Typical day at work was far from typical
Work long and fulfilling hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was working at the El Paso International Airport. The people there were absolutely amazing
Very proffesional work environmet
Detention Officer (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMay 25, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: limited overtime.
Guarded and monitored detainees activities, working along the side of great officers and supervisors.
the hardest part of the job, not to many officers for the amount of detainees, the most enjoyable part of the job, the ability to assist detainees in their every need.
great employees, fun
Court Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 14, 2014
Pros: beautiful building and location
Cons: short breaks
All employees are retired police officers, so we all shared a common background and got along well.
Too bad they were bought out.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 2, 2014
I truly enjoyed my job here! I got to work with people as well as numbers! I learned a lot from my peers. Management was great and so were my co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was managing different events.
Great company for seasoned law enforcement professionals
Special Deputy U.S. Marshal (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAFebruary 28, 2014
A typical work day begins with a briefing from the previous shift. This job requires great attention to detail, as well as the ability to work well with others. The hardest part of this job is working in unfavorable weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat and no access to air or ventilation) while in full uniform (vest, sweater, blazer etc.). The most enjoyable part is working in a field that I love and with an exceptional group of individuals that all bring a wealth of experience to the job.
guard gates to airport grounds..
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Safety is important, so i took my job seriously, i enjoyed contributing to the safety of passengers and employees.
Temp job
Armed Guard (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: was only temp
worked the state fair was first time with the company. i was an armed guard had four different posts.
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Just a bad place the employs were just faces easily replaced by other.

1 2 3