Akal Security Employee Reviews in United States

Good Job To Work For
Operations (Current Employee) –  Espanola, NMJuly 16, 2016
This organization has been in the government security contracting industry for years and their longevity is a testament to the hard working people there.
Pros
Great work/life balance, great working atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Pay
Not recommended
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2016
The daily life of the airport is...

Show up 1 1/2 early take a bus to where you need to go for your duty station. Not afraid of letting you go for being late regardless of the reasoning. Will almost never give you time off, and you have to be there daily even if it means risking your safety to get to the job
busy clockworking enviorment
Guard Entry Control Points (Former Employee) –  B.W.I AirportMay 10, 2016
Escort personnel with out clearance on and off SIDA and Secure areas of B.W.I airport. Inspect, Observe and report suspicious activities as well as check I.D badges.
Pros
location of the work place
Cons
n/a
supervisor
Supervisor Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2016
Long and odd hours but great pay. I've been here almost 7 years and notice that management didn't change with companies but over all isn't a bad job. If you're looking for overtime and great pay this is where you should be. The crew I work with directly daily makes being up at 3am worth coming in. Amazing people!
Great pay but lack of benefits
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 23, 2016
This company is crooked. We had to bring a class action lawsuit against them for paying us 86 and three quarters of an hour for a 90 hour work week. Management done anything possible to demoralize the morale. Co-workers were great, primarily all prior military.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Fighting to get paid what is owed
productive and fun work place
Security Officer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers, but management could be better organized. i would recommend to younger person
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2015
I worked there during my last year of college, which was definitely beneficial because I could read at my post. But for the most part, the position required me to make executives decisions and take risks.
Very Good Company to Work For
Lead Special/Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
Provides scheduling for over 20 Special Security Officers/23 Court Security Officers of weekly duties, enter and verify each officers Daily work hours and submit documentation to AKAL Security, Inc. for payroll, maintain records of X-Ray Machines and Magnetometers. Conduct sight locker inspections, Schedule all Annual Medical Physicals and Weapon Qualifications, Develop and initiate Emergency Response Checklist, Maintain all after hour Contractor work request, and Develop Maintenance Repair Sheet, oversee all duties of the Court Security Officers and carry out all orders and mandates from the United States Marshall Service.
acceptable employer, fair
COURT SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  great falls, mtOctober 18, 2015
They are a good company to work for. They are fair to employees, provides needed training and allows people to do the job.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
contracts to the government
Productive and fun place to work
Security Clerk/ Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 29, 2015
The pay at Akal was great! The job security wasn't due to the fact it was a contracted jobs. The time I worked there it was a pleasant and rewarding job.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
Job security ( contract job from year to year)
Akal
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  LINTHICUM MDSeptember 24, 2015
The job pays very well but the management is so unprofessional at times if you are not a butt kisser you will have no room for advancement
Pros
THE PAY
Cons
UNPROFESSIONAL THEY NEED AN OVERHSUL ON MANAGEMENT
Not the best but bills get paid
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  BWI AirportSeptember 10, 2015
Though this job has great pay the people are unprofessionally manner and job scheduling is unorganized. If you have a emergency dont think they will work with you so you can get where you need to go quickly. They draft you often. Drafting means you are forced to stay another shift (16hr). Which isn't bad except you have to be back there the next day on time as if you weren't forced to work two shifts the day before.

In closing go for the quick buck but don't get comfortable. Read the rule book. They will get you.
Pros
pay
Cons
subject to draft, late lunch, sudden schedule changes, inprofessional people
Stable company to work for
Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
The company is solid. No pay issues since I have been employed.The company provides yearly training on many of the job requirements. There is room for advancement.
Productive and fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day at work. Most days I get in early and get ready for roll call. wait for my name to be called to know what my job duties are for today. My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed skills. My coworkers very respectful work very well together. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different attitudes.
Proactive Security
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJuly 2, 2015
Proactive Security measures including inspections, searches, riot training, complete shut down of the gates. Over abundance of personnel as show of force.
Pros
Proactive in getting the job done
Cons
less effective Access control points in the beginning
Bad Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2015
Horrible. Treated you unfairly no matter how long you worked for them. They based all their decisions over who the supervisors liked over who deserved it.
Pros
Sechedule
Cons
Everything else
Atlanta Office
Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2015
All offices except the Atlanta location allow their security officers to have chairs. This job requires you to stand for 8 hours, management does not support you, they have their favorites and those individuals do not work; thus, making more work for you, and the Atlanta location discriminates based on gender. If you are a female, they will not let you leave their Spring Street location, you can apply for a position elsewhere and be awarded that position; however, you will not move because they claim they need more females at the Atlanta location so they cannot afford to let them go. Please note, the job is not a gender based job, so gender should not be a topic of discussion. The union is a joke, they do not help you with any company issues.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor Office Morale and Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2015
Great people to work with. I learned a lot about airport security and about HR. Also learned how to handle lost and found procedures.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
45 minute drive each way.
Productivity in a good work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 29, 2015
My typical day at work can be a fun, sometimes stressful day. I've learned that each employee has different skills and talents that may be beneficial to the job setting. I've learned that a lot of situations have to be dealt with in a different way simply because everyone doesn't respond the same way. Some officers pick up faster than others. Some officers are more proficient then others. Some officers are more energetic than others. But overall if you take time out to teach, some individually you will get great results on the job. The stress comes with those who don't follow the rules and regulations where you have to constantly follow up on certain individuals. But that's part of the job.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
constant training and follow up, writting reports all day.
Each Day is a New Day at work.
Air Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2015
As an Air Security Officer flying on the immigration aircraft you could never predict a typical day of work. Each day presented new problems. I had to be able to resolve any conflicts on as needed basis. Most of my co-works are retired Police Officers or Correctional Officers. This is not a career minded position. The hardest part of this job are the duty hours. Sometimes we start our shift at 2:00 AM and not finish sometimes until 12:00 midnight. The most enjoyable part of this job is most of the time we fly from South Central America with no prisoners.
Pros
getting paid on time.
Cons
no benefits.