AKE Safety Equipment Employee Reviews

A,K.E. has changed my life
Sales Rep, Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 16, 2017
I've been working for A.K.E. since February of 2017 as a sales rep in Texas and have just been promoted to sales manager last week. The company on-boarding process is very thorough and well thought out. The owner of the company personally interviews each potential rep and gives the initial sales training. Shortly after the initial training, a sales manager will come to the new rep's territory and conduct field training. Overall, each new rep gets 4 full days of training on how to sell the product and is given an exclusive territory. Since the job is 1099, the rep has complete control of the work day. The best part about this job is the work/pay ratio. You can work a normal work week and make good money or work more and make great money - all up to the rep to decide. I had great success in my territory - made 30K$ in my third month. The company tries very hard to fill open positions from within so if you want to move up in your career, there's a good chance you can stay with A.K.E. and achieve those goals. If you're looking for a sales job representing a product you can be proud of, consider A.K.E. The product truly is the best fire extinguisher on the market and we help people protect lives and property.
Pros
Excellent compensation, Freedom to plan your own work week
Cons
No safety net, produce or get cut
Great company (not) !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 16, 2017
This is honestly the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for . Ake safety equipment makes its current employees write positive reviews on indeed . They do not pay it's employees what they are worth for the job they do and they take advantage of the employees they currently have . There is a reason there is no long term employees there other than 2 and that in my opinion will not be for long . The product is okay that they make and most of the employees are very pleasant to work with . Very sneaky company so if you do wish to work there keep your eyes open wide .
Pros
Some management is great
Cons
Too much to list
Official response from AKE Safety Equipment
May 24, 2017

Indeed does not allow applicant reviews to be removed. The only thing the company can do for an inaccurate review is respond to it.

AKE does encourage employees to post company reviews. Of course we do recommend positive reviews, but we certainly cannot control that.

As for pay, the company has taken the effort to do market value research on each of the positions we employ to ensure that our employees are paid appropriately and have made adjustments if and when necessary.

AKE has many long-term employees working for us and they are very happy to be doing so. We have strong company Core Values that our employees highly appreciate: Just Get It Done, Do Right, Build Lasting Relationships, Improve Obsessively, and Be Thankful.

The product is exceptional and unique and has MANY excellent product reviews and customer testimonials. Check some of them out here: http://www.ake.com/endorsements/

Our company is very open and honest in how we conduct business. We know who we are and where we are headed. We have nothing to hide or apologize for. We don't claim to be the company for everyone and we are not trying to do it all. The people who see and value these things are very happy working for us.

Productive and fast-paced work environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 24, 2017
People here are always kind and happy to help. They truly believe in their product and their people. Meetings are held regularly to maintain everyone on the same page.
Pros
Nice people to work with, small-growing company
Excellent Opportunity
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 17, 2017
The people, product, and processes at AKE are truly world class. From the top down this company cares about people, and making a difference in peoples lives. This is a great company to work with, and the ability to make a good living is real.
Pros
Freedom of schedule, ability to make great money, opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself
More than just a job!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 17, 2017
AKE is a growing company. As AKE grows, you grow! Within in the company - AKE provides its people with the tools and educational needs to get the job done. AKE believes in putting people in the right position to achieve the best traction and holds people accountable for those results. For the consumer- STOP-FYRE saves property, lives, time and money and there is nothing better than hearing a testimony from a customer that it saved a home, combine, life, field and or more. STOP-FYRE works and the customers love it! AKE is a chance to be apart of something that is good and feels good.
Fast-Paced Environment with Great Opportunities
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 9, 2016
AKE is a fast-paced, fun environment to be a part of! Everyone believes in the product and wants to work hard to continue to push the business in the right direction. The values of the business are direct and the employees have qualities that fit within those values. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself, consider AKE.
Pros
Great product, laid back environment
Productive and fun place to work
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 9, 2016
I work in the accounting/finance department. This is the job I have always dreamed of doing. I have only been here a few months so I am still learning, I love everything I have learned and the people I work with are very nice.
Great company & people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 28, 2016
Working at AKE has been a blessing! I was so fortunate to find a company that has such an amazing product and is so passionate about the quality of it. Customer service is outstanding. Great culture, fast-paced environment, and a 'no excuses, just get it done' mentality. Everyone works hard, but everyone is passionate about what they are doing and why they are doing it.
Pros
Amazing product & great team
Cons
It's not for the weak; expect to work hard, but the payoff is worth it
Passionate company with tons of opportunity
Employee at Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 21, 2016
I have been working for AKE for about 6 months and it has been a fantastic experience! I have found the staff at AKE to be very passionate about their company, product and customers. I love working for a company that has so much potential. You must be willing to work hard but if you are looking to work for a company that will treat you right, offer you the opportunity to grow financially and professionally, consider AKE.
Pros
Top of the line product and a company that strives for exellence
Too good to be true?
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 2, 2016
I was looking for an agricultural sales position for 6 months before I came across AKE. I'll be honest... I skipped over it a few times before I responded. It sounded too good to be true. I felt I was in a dead end job and wanted more so I figured, what could it hurt to apply? So glad I did. I went to the interview with the owner and management in Rochester and was quickly impressed with what I saw. The people are friendly and very supportive. The owner pulls no punches and will tell you exactly how it is. Very refreshing for someone to tell you straight up how the company is, how it operates, and what to expect. Needless to say, I took the job when it was offered. I was in the field for one month and was offered the regional sales manager position. The way this company is growing, there is plenty of room for advancement. If you aren't the ambitious type and don't want to move up to management, the commission is still lucrative and being a 1099, you make your own schedule. All that's expected of you is 40 weeks a year to make 100k+. Again, too good to be true comes to my mind when I read this... it's not. It does happen. One gentleman in my training class has already written over 100k in business in less than a month and a half! You have the full support of the staff in our headquarters and the full support of your national and regional sales managers. If you like being in the country, like talking to good-natured farmers, and like making money... I can't think of a better job. Yes, I'm an employee for the company and proudly so. I don't usually fill these  more... out but I just wanted to share probably the best hiring/job experience I've had in my sales career.  less
Pros
Selling to some of the best people in the world (Farmers), Work in the country daily, Great commission structure
Cons
This job is not for everyone. You have to be a hunter with a go-get-em attitude.
Perfect fit for sales-minded individuals
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 8, 2016
If it were easy, everyone would do it. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Great opportunity to earn a very strong income while doing something that matters. The people are fantastic and the product speaks for itself. I would highly recommend considering AKE, specifically in the sales department.
Pros
You are respected here
Cons
Some long days
AKE Safety Equipment is the BEST!!
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 29, 2016
Great flexible company has allowed me to spend more time with my family and have the income be substantial enough for my wife to stay home. Have been promoted three times since 2010 and have worked my way from a Field Sales Rep. to now National Sales Manager. Awesome Company!! Great People that truly care about they're customers and employees
Growing company
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 3, 2015
Good company to work for, hands off management style. You make the job as how you see fit. Salaries are low. People get along.
Pros
very hands off management style
Cons
salaries are below market rate