Akebono Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 8, 2017
It was generally fast paced every day 24/7. There was a lot numbers to deal with at the end of the day. The hard part about it was having to keep up with the machines.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Short breaks
productive busy place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 7, 2017
your moving 1500 parts or more daily its not a bad job just have to get through the long hours of moving parts and factory experience on machines and great understanding managers
Pros
they have college hrs for college students
Cons
working 7 days
Nice job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
Great environment to work in safety is always first. They give u two breaks n lunch. Great benefits n insurance. The workers my the plant not the plant make the workers..
Hard work and facility stunk
GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 13, 2017
Had a lot of good memories there with the people i worked with, made some really good money. But after 13 years in the factory, i was ready to do something different. Mainly because Japanese bought us out and we took a pay cut and cut all bonuses.
Pros
Made many friends
Cons
Short breaks
Just a job
Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJune 7, 2017
Just a job. The employees were not very professional and a lot of back-biting. The job itself wasn't all that bad or difficult. Lots of drama between the employees. This was temporary position with WKU Learn and Earn program.
Hard
Industrial Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 31, 2017
its so human in the company , i learned how to stacks brakes and examine them to make sure the parts are right , i also learned how to stack them 6x4 . my hardest part of the job was lifting and emptying the chip bins .
company growth
Machine Operator / Set-up (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 22, 2017
Great company just do not have the chance to progress like i would like to and i feel i have the knowledge to grow with a company when giving the chance
Fun work place
Water spider and assemble (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 20, 2017
I liked the people I worked with it was like a family I learned a lot from everyone there I didn't like how are boss would yell or scream at some people
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
liked my job
Riviting (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 16, 2017
like my job and would tell other people to go work for them the money was great and the benefits was even better. the job was was enjoyable and the hours were ok.
Pros
the benifitis
Cons
7 days a week
Starter job
Program Temp (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 24, 2017
not a bad job to start with and if you commit you have advancement opportunities, but this company will make you prove your worth %110 management is a little bias but other than that its not that bad.
Most stressful place to work at in hardin county
Production Associate/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 21, 2017
Management at Akebono is completely biased and unfair, literally the only way to advance, or to even protect yourself from being fired, is to kiss up to your group leaders and team leader through whatever means they expect you to, usually by selling out your coworkers. Because of this, Akebono is becoming a breeding ground of liars and thieves, who are willing to lie to your face and even get you fired if it means advancing themselves. There is no real sense of teamwork or even genuine friendliness among coworkers, including management and human resources. Anyone who does not go out of their way to kiss up to management, human resources, or the associates with more seniority and influence than themselves, is usually set up to be fired, or is bullied into resigning. Work hours are completely unpredictable, and they will never give you a definitive answer on whether or not you will be working a six or seven day week, until the thursday or friday of that same week. It is very common for people to be forced to cover a twelve hour shift, without even being notified until the last minutes of a shift change. The production floor is also very unclean and messy, and air quality throughout the plant is generally very poor. Payment is decent, but the only real redeeming quality of the Akebono plant is the benefits. We do have one of the absolute best health insurance plans in the county, and also receive dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans. There is a 401(k) option as well, which is managed through Fidelity Investments, and you can use the Fidelity website or phone application  more... to monitor your retirement fund. Overall, I would not recommend anyone work at this company unless they just could not find another job.  less
Pros
Decent pay, Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management and unpredictable, cut throat working environment.
Work with break pads and assmebly lines
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 29, 2017
Noisy environment and a large open environment. Working both 2nd and 3rd shifts and at times working up to 12 hours a day. Normal days off were not Saturday and Sunday and had to learn different jobs and positions.
Overall good place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 24, 2017
I liked the jobs I performed but I was working 56 plus hours a week every week and missed family time. I would go back if offered a job. I would refer people to work here.
Pros
Good lunch cafeteria
Good workplace with good benefits
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 14, 2017
Good workplace.
Good workers, managers, bosses.
Good pay rate.
Hardest part of the job is when first starting out is staying on top of the tasks and not letting getting behind bother you or slow you down.
Need a lunch room with a kitchine
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2017
I love working out there we just work to many hrs an they need ,more cleaning service to clean up more.An the management needed to come an talk to the people more about the products .
Pros
They had food truck
Cons
Benefits was great
Great Hours
Loader (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2017
they do not like to hire you after contract is up. Its great if you want overtime. To tell the truth if you do not have a blue uniform you get treated unfairly.
Plenty of space and friendly enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 22, 2016
I would have loved to work here permanently it was all work no play but the enviroment nevertheless was a chill one. Mangement was laidback understanding but strict.
Good money but have to work a lot
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 3, 2016
The money was very good but you have to dedicate a lot of time and it wasn't a very fun work environment. If the hours weren't so crazy I would've stayed longer.
Akebono
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 2, 2016
Akebono,

Seems to be a great play to work, except they use a temporary service and will only hire you as a Temporary Employee through the
Temp agency. very hard to get on there permanent
Just like any other factory
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 29, 2016
Akebono is not a bad place to work it's just like any other factory good days and bad the worst part is the quality of the workers I have been there 15 years and most of the newer workers are lazy and on drugs so there for the quality has gone down the last few years
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Most temps and some of the newer full time workers are on and probably selling drugs