Akebono Employee Reviews

Productive workplace.
Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Temperatures
Learning how to get along with co-workers, working different shifts and in different temperatures and around different attitudes.
Productive fast paced enviroment.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Glasgow kyAugust 9, 2015
Ive learned a lot while here at Akebono. Specially with PLC. I have made some good friends also. Management is lacking though in some areas and keeps making the same decisions heading in the wrong direction.
through express
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJuly 27, 2015
i worked for akebono through the temp service express. i dont like that we only get paid minimum wage through them but i did like the job. it was too far a commute for me for minimum wage so i had to quit the job. but i did enjoy it
Productive and a great work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good break periods
Cons: No free lunch
I have to complete at least 900 brake pads a day. Learn how to assemble brake pads and management/co-workers was great. The hardest part was packout.
ok work enviroment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: no breaks
this job was ok the co workers were nice but only to the people they liked my day at work consisted of standing for 12 hr a day pushing buttons and loading the oven with brake pads... I learned a little bit about machine operating but not much all I had to do was push buttons on a machine robot.

management was ok also but they didn't come around much after I was trained
This is a good place to work if you like alot of over time
associate (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good health care
Cons: a lot of overtime
You work on an assembly line and do the same job every day and it can get repetitious But you do have the opportunity to train and work in all different places in the plant
Good pay and benefits
Laboror (Current Employee), AssemblyJanuary 30, 2015
Good place to work, been there for several years, they have really good benefits and pay well.
jefhjbiufgbrkawee
jnbfjhbagiorhutwrjn gkjenginl
hfbligb erioghierbgleg ieranbkjl
Production
Production, Helper (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYJanuary 12, 2015
machine operator, put veneer bands on ply wood, and pressed veneer on the ply wood. Hot factory with poor management. Shortage of hours.
Plenty of overtime available and adequate benefits
Logistics Technician (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 11, 2014
My day starts by finding out what expedites or folders need to be prepared and making daily shipping folders.The hardest part of the job is not having updated information to accomplish work.
this job was really fast pace and I felt I could not do 100% for this company
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 17, 2014
The company was a good company but I felt that the fast pace was something that I could not keep up and give 100% to the company. I felt like I wasn't able to go a great job for the company like they deserved.
temp
Entry Level (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 15, 2014
was a temp job nothing too special. not much advancement opportunities
good place to work
Store room attendant (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2014
like the job the management is good. great health insurance
Production and job preformance
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and excellent pay
Cons: no days off and long hours with short notice of overtime.
My routine never changed. I went to the same line and did the same job requirements daily. Management changed based on scheduling. The job did give me a better understanding of the brake assembly on most vehicles. I learned the general maintenance of many different kinds of machines we used. Loved seeing the finished product and meeting our production goals. Made me feel accomplished.
A good place to work for
Assembler (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 29, 2013
Clock in and go to my assigned line. Clean when line is down. The hardest part of my job was pulling parts off the line when they would fail the abs test. The management is ok.
Pleasant people to work for.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 29, 2013
On a daily basis, I enter information provided by line leaders for line stop issues, leak test information, and XMR charts. I have had the pleasure of learning how to prepare parts for testing, what each part is and it's purpose for the complete build, reading and pulling information from blueprints, and creating Excel charts for some information.
work,work,work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: lost weight
Cons: short lunch, horrible pay
Working at akebono was always a real hard task. They expect great things from you. They send out large mass ammounts of their products. I spent most of my time at work or sleeping. i missed quakity time with my son and the pay wasnt worth it.
productive place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free tickets .cookouts and gift cards
Cons: 7 day work week
go to work at 3 we have a staff meeting everyday before shift begins ,after meeting we go to work assembling brakes for different car companies ,most of the people i work with are friendly,the hardest part of the job is its 7 days a week for full time employees no time for family and friends,the best part is the pay and the fun activities they plan for there employees trips to holiday world and halloween parties and two weeks off at the end of the year and we have dinner catered by good restaurants
bad hiring system
General Store Material Handler (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: my area weekends off
Cons: still not hired on yet
right now im a temp but have been for a year, i have not missed any days im always here never late ready to do my job. i really enjoy the people i work with, i have met alot of people here. the hardest part of my job is watching and hearing about everyone around me getting hired on and not me, but yet i get up everyday and show up on time with a big smile on my face knowing deep down how much it would mean to me and my kids if the right person looked at my app or even came out to the floor and talked to me about employment at akebono.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYJuly 23, 2013
It has great pay and lots of overtime. It is hard work its not always easy and its very hot at times
Line Worker / Line Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, KYJune 1, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: medical, short breaks
Work the line all day long until lunch and sometimes longer then required.