Akebono Employee Reviews

Hard working
Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYSeptember 4, 2016
Akebono is a place to make good money, but does not balance well with life. Its constantly working, and never knowing when your next day off is.
My opinion of Akebono
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 23, 2016
When I started out as a temp there, work was great and I had everything I wanted. I had pretty good pay, first shift, and was not required to work any overtime on weekends. Overtime for me then was voluntary and not mandatory. I had a good balance of my work and personal life. However when I got hired on, I worked a lot of overtime and my personal life was not good. I worked all the time it seemed like and rarely had any days off or free time. I didn't have balance in my life. I went to second shift after I got hired on, my pay went up and I got benefits, and I worked constantly. I worked an entire month without a single day off, no joke. Sure, I was making good money working all that overtime but I didn't have any free time at all to spend it. On second shift when I got hired on full time, the supervisors would always blame our line if we didn't reach our goal, even though it wasn't our fault. Our group lead cussed at us and the work environment was very face paced, negative, and stressful since we were getting blamed for something that wasn't our fault. The hardest part of my job was going back to work every single day without a day off with a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely my co-workers. The people were so nice, funny, and friendly. I enjoyed getting to know them and work with them. I learned that factory work isn't for everybody and that it's very hard, but what made me go back was the people I was working with.
Pros
30 minute lunches, good benefits, friendly place
Cons
Work a lot of overtime on weekends when hired on, 10 minute breaks
excellent company to work for
Associate/Pre-employment (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 10, 2016
Excellent benefits and pay. Good atmosphere to work in. Good co workers and management. Summer activities for the family.
benefits
Cons
to much overtime
Great place
Machine operator-Inspector (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 9, 2016
Hard work always got along with all co-workers great insurance the pay is really good The best part was time to go home, there was always alot of over time.
Pros
Always gave us nice Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner
Fun place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 14, 2016
typical work day made sure we always had our breaks on time. Always made sure we stayed cool when it was hot the best part of the day was coming to work with my co-workers
It wasn't too bad
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 10, 2016
My assignment was Inventory. I got a refresher course of Excel, only because it had been a few years since college, and having to use that program. While working on the inventory project, I was taught to do reports on maintenance hours. My boss was great. If something personal came up, he would let me make my hours up.
Pros
Cafeteria, mostly good co-workers
Cons
HR is a joke
factory enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 3, 2016
It was an experience to be able to do housekeeping in a factory such as akebono. It wasn't the cleanest place but people were friendly and the pay was good
Pros
good pay
Cons
not the cleanest
Fun and challenging place to work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 14, 2016
You can advance as quickly as you want as positions become available within the hourly workforce. Going to first level management position is difficult without at least a two year college degree. Typically you clock in go to your assigned station and begin your shift, any changes in assignments or goals are also passed on at this time along with any problems from the previous shift. Once you get to know your co-workers you will find them to be a fun group overall. Usually there is all the over time that you want.
Pros
Uniforms provided, available overtime, double time on sunday
Cons
Some lines run 24/7
productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 7, 2016
loved to work there
installed batteries
interacted with customers
hard worker
great time management
great team leaders
very good company to work for
bosses always took out their stress on the workers
Primary shift forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 1, 2016
the machines are very old and in dis repair. work is slow because machines always break down. and there is no backup stock.
Pros
Cons
12 hours a day 7 days a week.
Large Brake Manufacturing Facility
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 23, 2016
Akebono is a brake manufacturing facility. They use CNC equipment to machine brakes from casted stock. The calipers and supports are then plated and assembled with automated equipment.
Very unhealthy place to work
SERVICE ASSOCIATE/ MAINTENANCE (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 10, 2016
Its a Job however there is nothing healthy about working here. The year i worked there we had 3 maintenance men die of unnatural health reasons, even i was hospitalized for extreme lung infection.
Least employee oriented company I have ever been involved with.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Nothing compares to the lack of communication between management and employees this company has.

Complete disregard for quality of home life or family. No incentive to work other than the paycheck.
required review
Assembly line worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown kentuckyDecember 17, 2015
No benefits total disinterest of the workers well being beyond them actually getting injured on the job and no life outside of the job its like working at mcdonalds except the pay is a little better and your more likely to receive an injury.
Great place to grow and work
Maintenance team leader (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 13, 2015
There is a lot of money to be made here. Overtime is unlimited. Most of the maintenance technicians break $100k a year. Great health insurance as well. Very fast paced environment and many challenges. Also a lot of opportunities to advance. It is a climate controlled environment as well.
Pros
Awesome pay, great insurance, good people
Cons
Not a lot of time off
Very good working environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington HillsOctober 7, 2015
Good leadership, Flexible working time, learned a lot, willing to give student intern big responsibilities, I enjoy working with them.
Good money, but you will have no home life.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 24, 2015
You can make really good money at Akebono, but you will work all the time and the company does not care much for it's employees. There is very low morale there.
Pros
money
Cons
work hours
worked 12hour days 3 moths stright with no days off with minimal pay and then laid off at the end of the 3 months.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 15, 2015
I liked the job as well as some of my other coworkers but the managment was unfair with some of us associates. a lot of favortism went on there. The pay could have been better. I had no benefits which along with the low pay made me and other assosiates misrable. They did not give us days off which i am sure affected there production. If you asked me if i would go back i would tell you that i would not go back there unless i knew things where different there.
Pros
hours where there, co workers, weekly pay
Cons
managment, no benefits, low pay, no time off
Great Company
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 21, 2015
Management was ok, and co-workers were great. Hardest part was being on feet for 8-10 hrs a day, very hot during summer months.
Productive workplace.
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 20, 2015
Learning how to get along with co-workers, working different shifts and in different temperatures and around different attitudes.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temperatures

2.9