Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Good Compay
Supply Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Ft Campbell KYSeptember 27, 2016
Daily logistics for aircraft that were supported by the company. Learned that different companies do things differently. This is the second time DynCorp has won our contract. Very good company and co-workers were the same and some as non-team players and management was very good. Hardest part was always trying to the aircraft on time with some times limited resources. I have always enjoyed doing logistics especially on a daily basis.
Pros
401K match up to 8 percent, Overtime on occasional basis, Knew when you were going to work long hours a head of time.
Cons
Having the same workload but less Professional Employees to do daily tasks, The requiremts did not change
Organizational culture and ethics are tops!
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 29, 2016
I have worked at the Yuma site for a year and the culture and ethics found here are unlike any I have seen in such organizations. Management leads by example while inspiring and motivating employees every day. Open communication limits safety issues and broadens idea sharing.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Constantly changing schedules
Electronics Technician
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 25, 2016
Hired as an Electronics tech for Sandia National Labs, the land of manana(tomorrow), under very bad management. Person I worked under was jealous and enjoyed back stabbing. Never really did electronics work, only soldered. Like I said no electronics involved. I worked as a technician out in the oil fields and as a tax payer I find it very upsetting that our tax dollars are being used, more like wasted. The work ethic is really laid back. Lots of spending going on, but little to show for it. They waited until I was admitted into the hospital to complain, they never had the moral character to say it to my face, Sandia Supervisor was a coward.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Easy to get let go, no short term insurance until after a year.
Good solid company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 12, 2016
Good company that has maintained itself even in downturns. Good solid leadership. Good work life balance. Have to prove yourself, slow with raises and promotions.
Wonderful Company
civilian on base (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 6, 2016
The training was intense and it gave the Soldiers a real view of how things were done in other cultures it was an excellent way to insure that the Soldiers are aware and safe.
Pros
really long hours
Cons
didnt get the contract for 2009
Worst Company and Terrible Management to work for.
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2016
Position is to work at Krome SPC, Maimi Florida. Do not work for this company and the present Management is the worst ever to work for. Chain of Command , Command and Control, Leadership, Morale, and Favoritism are whats wrong with this company. Only good thing about working for this company is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Chain of Command, Command and Control, Leadership, Morale, Etc...
Akima LLC
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft campbell kySeptember 27, 2016
A very good Company to work for and the Management that was sent to our location were top notch. They listened and helped out whenever possible. Daily Logistics for the Aircraft we supported.
Learned a lot from management team to team as the contract turn-overs we have. I get to logistics everyday is very much enjoyable.
Pros
well compensated and overtime every now then. Was not enforced on us.
Cons
Dealing with non-team players
Last Resort
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZMarch 29, 2016
The aircraft is a beast and the people are great to work with. Management is not only lacking, however, and goes even further beyond to preserve their job security by digging up reasons to stab people in the back and employ myriad other cutthroat techniques to ensure they keep their job. A demonstration of intelligence along with blatant and upfront integrity will net you harassment and nitpicked write-ups as they are fearful of your prowess. Not recommended unless you are a.) an older and experienced aircraft mechanic b.) not a Marine and c.) are good at following stupid orders and keeping your mouth shut.
Pros
New aircraft platform boasts much room for growth
Cons
Management is completely negative and manages personnel based on raw emotion
Excellent job
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 27, 2016
I worked with this company for a couple of years I was only 19 at the time and I couldn't believe how much I was making didn't save a dime it was an amazing job I'm into acting always have so this type of job was one of the best fits for me I got plenty of awards because some times when I would role play people thought there was something really wrong with me I learned Arabic I was truly blessed to get the opportunity to work with this company I wish it was still up :)
Very flexible work hours
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 30, 2016
Awesome leadership that backs their employees. Very accommodating with personal matters that may arise. Highly recommend to anybody.
Pros
Good leadership, VERY flexible hours, management cares about employees.
Cons
Hourly
Overall good work place
AcfT Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZSeptember 3, 2016
Good Place to work.
Laid back work place.
Shifts move around constantly.
Not a stable work shift.
Management overall good
Work place ok
weather elements hot
Fun place to work
Graphic Designer/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Malmstrom AFB, MTJanuary 6, 2017
Design responsibilities included making eye-catching photo collages,
posters and graphics for Malmstrom Air Force Base. Photographic duties included taking, retouching, and color correcting official military portraits, photographing ceremonies, and photojournalism services for base newspaper.
Akima Technical Solutions Experience Review
supply technician (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJanuary 23, 2016
I love working for ATS, the group of people I work with at JBLM, WA are like a family to me. I have had great coworkers in the past but these people are simply the best and that makes my job even easier. I want to do my best for the customers that I support they are the kindest and most understanding people I have been able to support. I would love to continue to grow with ATS and 1st Group's soldiers but I know my opportunities there are limited.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No advancement and no long term job opportunity
Nice Company
Government Contracts Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 5, 2016
Nice company with good work hours and knowledgeable co-workers. Would like a better health insurance option, but I've worked here for almost 6 years.
Pros
Free donuts and bagels on Fridays, nice building with underground parking garage and a free gym
Cons
Health care, maternity leave policy
fun work place
Civilian on the Battlefield (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJuly 11, 2016
this was a part time on call position. Long hours but well paid. Unfortunately the job was on contract with the DOD and ended with in 2 yrs.
Pros
well paid
Cons
longs periods of boredom
Not a good company to work for
Contracts Coordinator/ Acting Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Albany, CAMarch 25, 2016
Illegal pay practices
Deceptive 401K management
Fake choices for health care
Non responsive HR

Over the course of employment, derogatory racial and bigoted slurs were used at work with impunity.
Great Co-workers and all around great place to work
NDT Level II (Current Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZNovember 9, 2016
every morning i would check my tool box, break down aircraft for morning flights, and ops check equipment. help mechanics with day to day duties and perform NDI when Necessary.
Pros
People/Hours/Pay
Cons
location (to far of a drive from anywhere in town)
A very positive and supportive work environment
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 23, 2016
AKIMA is a very positive work environment that has allowed me to grow in my career. The people within AKIMA are very encouraging and supportive and want to see growth within each individual.
Akima
WORD PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaNovember 9, 2016
Hardest part of the job was working for so many many people. As office manager people expect you to fix all of their problems in the blink of an eye. The nice part is, the job is not stressful at all. Work is not hard but very boring.
DON'T waste your time!
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 29, 2015
The proposal dept. is a joke. Company culture is non-existent and favoritism is alive and well. Things have changed drastically over the last two years and the changes are not positive. Co-workers in the proposal dept are shady and run to management for every little thing instead of communicating like adults. The staff consists of insecure/ unqualified individuals who complain more than they produce. I ended up leaving due to unethical practices and a lack of respect for management. Don't waste your time in this department--trust me “Unethical behavior will come to light eventually". Environment is very noisy and employees are not appreciated.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
unethical behavior, poor management, favoritism, phony/backstabbing co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval