Akima Logistics Services, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with diverse mix of people
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 14, 2012
You have a chance to learn a lot from the personnel there.
Opportunity to work with military personnel if you have not experienced working with the DOD.
Co-workers are great to get to know.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to pick up and induct or re-issue heavy inventory items for the deployed units.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team building.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
contract may be terminated at any time.
Simple AWESOME
Civilian On the Battlefield (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 25, 2014
When I applied for the job on a invite only rotation basis, I had little idea what was expected, only that it was role playing with the Military... it was that and more as you get a first hand glimpse at what our Military boys and girls have to go through, I say glimpse as we only see that which applied our roles there, but it was awesome and frightening and I wish I had more that just the initial rotation to experience this.
We had a crash coarse in Arabic/Iraqi slang... 2 days worth that is how much of a crash coarse. We weren't allowed to speak English when the Soldiers came into/through our make shift towns where we were taken to each morning.
Hardest part was wearing polyester materials from head to toe in 100+ degree desert temperatures.
Pros
great experience, great pay.
Cons
invite only rotation, wrong person was left to decide if you should be invited back.

2.5