Akima Logistics Services, LLC

Akima Logistics Services, LLC Employer Reviews

Simple AWESOME
Civilian On the Battlefield (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great experience, great pay.
Cons: invite only rotation, wrong person was left to decide if you should be invited back.
When I applied for the job on a invite only rotation basis, I had little idea what was expected, only that it was role playing with the Military... it was that and more as you get a first hand glimpse at what our Military boys and girls have to go through, I say glimpse as we only see that which applied our roles there, but it was awesome and frightening and I wish I had more that just the initial rotation to experience this.
We had a crash coarse in Arabic/Iraqi slang... 2 days worth that is how much of a crash coarse. We weren't allowed to speak English when the Soldiers came into/through our make shift towns where we were taken to each morning.
Hardest part was wearing polyester materials from head to toe in 100+ degree desert temperatures.
Productive workplace with diverse mix of people
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIApril 14, 2012
Pros: benefits package
Cons: contract may be terminated at any time.
You have a chance to learn a lot from the personnel there.
Opportunity to work with military personnel if you have not experienced working with the DOD.
Co-workers are great to get to know.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to pick up and induct or re-issue heavy inventory items for the deployed units.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team building.