Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP

Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Employer Reviews

Can Be Consuming
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee), Washingon, DCMarch 8, 2014
Great environment for work-a-holics. Benefits are good and job advancement opportunities are high.
Productive and Advanced
Legal Secretary, Recruiting Admin (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, salary, advancement for growth, overall great environment
Cons: unfortunate bad chemistry with high end leaders that caused uncomfortable situations to occur.
I enjoyed my employment during my time with this company. I met many great people with a host of everyday opportunities which allowed challenges that helped me grow.
horrid place with awful co workers
litigation (Former Employee), los angelesJune 16, 2013
Pros: they pay well
Cons: backstabbing is the company sport
Bad people are kept around forever to make everyone else's life miserable. Evil selfish behavior is rewarded.
A Stepping Stone...
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee), Washington DCJune 2, 2013
A typical paralegal job in which you can benefit if you use it as a stepping stone. A relatively good paralegal position in big law.
Awesome Firm with Great People
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2013
Everyone is very friendly. Work week is 37.5 hours. There is training available on a daily basis with any programs the firm uses. Management is top notch and you are treated as an equal.
Productive and team environment
Information Technology Support Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2013
We are supportive of each other. I have been with the firm for over 12 years and it's a great place to work.
Merger and Acquisition transactions
Senior Counsel (Former Employee), Moscow, CENOctober 6, 2012
Pros: valuable experience in transactional work
Cons: absence of litigation experience
Worked on a number of Merger and Acquisition transactions for large Russian and international clients of the firm. I acquired profound experience to work in a team, under pressure and giving advice on high-profile transactions.
A dynamic environment with fast-paced projects and opportunities for continued growth...
Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 17, 2012
Pros: very good compensation and benefits. friendly work environment.
Cons: the pace of it project delivery, at times, creates a stressful environment.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP's IT operation is fast paced and provides many opportunities for technical growth and development.

Due to the fast pace, though, the work / life balance can be impacted if you don't actively work to keep it in balance.

Overall, this is a good place to develop your IT service delivery skills.