Akorn Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

good job
Ampule/ Vial Medication Inspector (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 9, 2017
This was a nice job just couldn't work third shift. I highly recommend this job to anyone who is willing to work. Have all shifts it is just hard to get onto first shift.
Investigation Technician
Investigations Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 28, 2016
Good company to work for, growing! Packaging and processing equipment is dated, slowly being updated. Expansion is ongoing, wages are decent but not up to industry standards. Benefits are great and affordable.
nice place to work
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 13, 2016
Nice place to work. I got to work at my own pace. I only left because of the hours were second shift. I also didnot like the pay. I make more money now and is looking to make even more with my experience and degree.
An amazing place to work
Corporate Partner, Talent Acquisition, HR (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 30, 2016
Management/Culture whole nine yards just truly phenomenal
Though I commuted 35+ miles used to love going there
Colleagues and people coming from big pharmas coming in to grow the company from within. A great culture and an excellent work place. The VPHR ( Renee.W) is truly amazing.
Pros
Management/Culture whole nine yards just truly phenomenal
Not up to standards
Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 18, 2016
I worked different shifts doing different jobs. I believe the company has good intentions, but has no clue how to develop them. Different people, same outcome.
productive
packaging lineleader (Current Employee) –  Wykles, Decatur,IllinoisOctober 10, 2016
I like working for this company. I believe that my co workers enjoy being on my line witch makes our productivity better. I enjoy being part of a team that does a lot for their employees and listens and tries to accommodate all their needs.
Great workplace environment
JDE/ERP Distribution Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 14, 2016
Great workplace environment. Due to being understaffed, I was able to pick up many new skills. Worked with many great people.
Pros
Good 401K and Yearly Bonus
Cons
Understaffed
Pretty Nice
PT QA Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 29, 2015
Nice environment, nice coworkers, good place to work, the benefits are nice, the scheduling is flexible-different shifts
fun place to work with good pay
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed the type of work. Almost the same routine every day such as inspecting, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals. It was in an assembly line fashion. I liked my coworkers as well as most of the management team. We worked 10 to 12 hours Monday through Friday as well as some Saturdays.
Pros
a lot of hours, good pay, great coworkers
Cons
changing policies constantly
Great Benefits
Techinician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 5, 2015
Great benefits, great staff to work with but there is a high turn-over rate! I love what I do but I want a company that I can grow within and a team that I can work with and not against. The higher management is amazing and takes the time out of their hectic schedule to sit down and listen to ideas whereas the department managers talk over staff.
Very fast paced and productive environment
Supervisor, 3rd Shift Manufacturin Operations (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 10, 2015
Very practical and fast pacedworking environment. Very nice people to work with! Learned various techniques in Aseptic Manufacturing.
Fun place to work - Great managers
Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2014
Great career opportunities with a growing company. Great company for advancement and great managers.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 13, 2014
I worked packaging pharmaceuticals, doing quality checks and maintaining equipment
Nothing Much
Accounts Receivable Associate and Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 18, 2014
Good Company to work for. Very nice environment, for entry level positions.
Customer Service - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILDecember 25, 2013
People are friendly and anytime you need assistance they are there to make sure you succeed in whatever you are set out to accomplish.
Pros
Easy working, Breaks, time off when weather is bad
Cons
n/a
Typical pharmaceutical company
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 14, 2012
Typical pharmaceutical company; promoting ophthalmic pharmaceuticals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akorn Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.