Akron Children's Hospital

Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly employees
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 25, 2016
Children's Hospital is a good place to work.

The hardest part of the job was fitting into the "medical" environment, having come from a "manufacturing/business" background.

I enjoyed my co-workers and enjoyed the clerical aspects of the job, especially entering data into the computer systems and interacting with others.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Work area was too small and lacked adequate desk space/drawers.
Change Management Coordinator
Change Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 10, 2016
A fast pace environment where you will wear many hats. From reviewing and approving change requests, running the CAB meetings, to assisting other IS employees with the data courier tool, you will be required to shift gears often during the day. If you can manage multiple tasks and address them as they are needed, this is the job for you.
Pros
Freedom to do your job.
Cons
Not much opportunities for advancement
Positive Place to work
Foundation Secretary, Development Department (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 11, 2016
Rating for Akron Children's Hospital was positive.
The Company was a great place to work and I had a positive learning experience. Employees were professional and caring that you succeed at job. There were education programs and rewards for those employees who went the extra mile. Over all, Akron's Children's Hospital was a great Place to work.
Pros
Education
Don't do it
RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 18, 2016
The management at this company is not great. They really do not know how to take care of their employees. They constantly try to guilt workers into staying over for 16+ hour shifts and force them to work on floors they are not trained to work on. Also, this particular floor does not respect its ancillary staff and will often leave them with very difficult patients for an entire shift without support. There are also occasionally some very aggressive patients and the training to deal with them is very sub par and again support for staff is not great. It was not uncommon for a couple of workers to get hit/bit by a patient at least 2-3 times per year. I loved working with the children and some of the staff is great - just not the ones making the decisions.
Pros
some great people work here and working with the kids can be rewarding
Cons
Pay falls behind other hospitals, forced to work in uncomfortable situations
Loving atmosphere for children and their families
Executive Temps / Volunteer & Purchasing Depts. (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 16, 2016
These people by far are the kindest, most caring people I have ever met. Each and every person I ever met at ACH was willing to go the extra mile to ensure this facility ran top notch! Because of this the children needing treatment and their families have a positive, hard working team on their side. I love ACH! Great place to work!!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
sick children
Great pay, great benefits, great culture
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 10, 2016
LOVE Akron Children's Hospital. Much higher starting pay than anywhere else in the area ($4+ more), $5,000+ in yearly tuition reimbursement (for both PT and FT workers, starting only 90 days after hire date), excellent vacation time accrual, additional opportunities for bonus pay, flexible schedules (work around school schedules, some departments let you pick which days you want to work), and a fun, friendly, & caring atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, Atmosphere, Schedule
Cons
One 30-min break for 12.5 hour shifts
Love working here
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 19, 2016
I'm just a temp but would have loved to actually get hired into the hospital. Everyone here is nice and I just love seeing the kids when I come into work. Its a very clean environment and I wouldn't mind retiring from here.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 20, 2016
I enjoy working at akron children's hospital. The work day brings many unexpected events but we are ready to handle anything that comes our way. Co workers are friendly and knowledgeable of the work. The hardest part of the job is managing time.
Love working here
School Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2016
My department is a wonderful team to work for. The school clinic setting is completely different from what I was used to but allowed me to grow as a nurse. I recommend this job to everyone I can.
Patient Access Rep
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 10, 2016
No complaints, except my commute to and from is extensive. If I could transfer closer to homes, I would never leave. I love working with the kids and knowing when I go home I've helped the process of curing a child.
Hollister Co.
Physician Office Float Secretary/ Acquisitionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2016
I worked at Hollister Co. when I was in High School as a part time job. It was great experience and taught me a lot of my communications skills.
job experience
Analyst/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2016
The job is rewarding because it allows you to give back to those that are challenged, and need assistance. It is a great place to work.
Pros
helping others
Cons
business of the work
Akron Children's Hospital
Physician Office Float Secretary/ Acquisitionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 23, 2015
I work as a float secretary and an open up new acquisitions for the Hospital. As a secretary, I check patients in and out, register patients, fill out forms, answer phone calls, chart, use EPIC software.
As for acquisitions, I go to different pediatric offices (company or private practices) and see if we are willing to buy the practice. We then go and look over each thing in the office and decide if we want to buy the items or have the previous owner take them. We then register all of the patients into our EPIC system. Hire employees according to each position. We train the new employees on EPIC. Make the entire office ready for when we go live. Convert each appointment they had scheduled into our system. Support each employee and patient as they make the difficult transition.
Wonderful Place to Work
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 14, 2016
Very committed and dedicated staff. Opportunities to expand your professional knowledge and skills are supported by the organization. Committed to service and involvement in the community.
I would rate Akron Children's Hospital # 1
Evironmental (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 18, 2015
Some days busy , learned different working skills , good management , beside being trained by co-workers , we also became good friends , no hard part in the jobs , best part of the job the is it becomes easier with time.
Pros
Good secure place to work, ample oportunity to advance
Cons
Sometimes had to work shorthanded, trying to maintain job duties
A great place to help the community
Configuration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2015
ACH is a great place to help the communities of Akron and surrounding neighborhoods. The staff at ACH care about the patients and families and try to make the visit to the hospital the best possible experience for all members of the family.
Pros
Making a positive contribution to sick children and their families.
Cons
Lower pay, but offset by medical and the environment.
Great people great place to work
Pathlogy Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 29, 2015
Love working here, people are very nice. I like the feeling of helping patients by being precise in my job. Wish there is more fluctuation in the schedule..
Pros
Great people
Cons
Akron Children's Hospital is a top rated medical facility in the nation.
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OhioAugust 29, 2015
A typical day would be to open the office at 7:30. Turn on all computers. Balance cash draw. Pull charts. Turn phones on. Meet and greet staff. Start welcoming all patients and parents. Greet pharmacy reps. Check patients in and out. Answer phones in a warm and correct manner. The hardest part of the job was very long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was to welcome new families to our practice and see babies and children get well.
Pros
Free immunizations
Cons
Long hours; short breaks sometimes no lunch.
RN - Float Pool and Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 13, 2015
So lucky to be a part of this wonderful facility. The care we provide all of our patients, from the NICU to the general care floors to the burn center. A first rate hospital.
Great place
Health (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 25, 2016
ACH has been very welcoming and staff are very nice. My supervisor allowed me to complete my duties with upmost confidence and trust.

4.2