Akron General Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work, made great friends, worked well as a group
Clerk-Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Most days were busy in the out-patient lab. Appointments were walk-ins and open on Saturdays a half day. Pre-surgical testing was all by appointment and you had to stay as close to schedules as possible without compromising patient care. Developed a good working relationship with the pre-surgical doctors. While the docs were talking to patients we could go in and get vitals and help make the patient feel comfortable. In the OR there was little patient contact, it was more behind the scenes making sure the operating rooms were running on schedule and everything was ready for the doctor before we would call them to the surgical room. Stay on top of charts after surgery to ensure the information got entered into the computer before getting backed-up.
I enjoyed meeting the patients and developing a friendship with the "regulars". The hardest part was when those patients were no longer coming in. Busy days were hard and could be stressful but we had to make sure we were providing the best care to the patients that we could.
Pros
Develop friendship with patients and co-workers, the hours worked perfect for my personal schedule
Cons
Quick breaks (patient care does not run on schedule) and could be stressful at times
Enjoyable coming to work
Surgical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Akron General. Co-workers were kind and helpful. Many nurses were focused on educating, especially helpful to those are willing to ask questions.
Great staff, great environment!
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 2, 2015
A very busy environment with exceptional patient care. Staff is friendly and hard working. Plenty of room to advance as a professional. A teaching hospital with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the profession.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
High stress environment
wonderful place to work
Secretary to Orthopedic Physician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 23, 2015
I truly enjoyed my 13 years with Akron General Medical Center. I learned a lot and worked with some very amazing people. sometimes we learn that the grass isn't always greener on the other side..
Hard working well paid job.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 20, 2015
I worked in many different surgeries GU, GYN, General, plastics and I was a member of the robotic team. I enjoyed my job and learned a great deal.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Being on call.
Nice work place
Senior Tech ER/Postpartum (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 13, 2015
A very nice place to work. The doctors and staff are excellent to work with. Always a different pace daily and that was enjoyable.
Great place to start
E.R. Housekeeper \ Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHSeptember 29, 2015
You learn a lot of things while working amongst doctors and nurses on a daily basis. Just how hard and stressful their lives are gives you a greater understanding of what to do and how to handle situations as your grow up and work you way into the future.
Collaborative, Empowering work environment
Director of Trauma Program (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 31, 2015
Akron General Medical Center is an affiliate of the Cleveland Clinic. The hospital supports an environment that enhances productivity, team work and collaboration
Food Service Aide/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  CafeteriaAugust 9, 2015
Pretty good management, good atmosphere. Some room for advancement, although not very much. I'd recommend it to a friend.
Good group of people to work
Staff Nurse Endoscopy Department (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJuly 15, 2015
It has been 7 years ago, my Dad had died and I went to Cincinnati to be near my Mom. Akron General was a nice place to work - liked my co-workers
Pros
Good group of people to work with
Cons
Don't remember any

Want to know more about Akron General Medical Center?

Ask a question
Co-workers are great!
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 8, 2015
I have been at Akron General for 10 years. Overall it has been a good experience. Management could listen to Tech input a little more. More help needed on weekends - 1 technologist and 1 shift for a very busy hospital.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lots of call and weekend rotations
excelent place to work, has a family type atmosphere.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, Ohio 44303June 24, 2015
Akron General is a great place to work. The work is demanding and the management team is good. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand it puts on your body. The most enjoyable part is that I am helping people improve their lives.
Pros
good work atmosphere.
Cons
physically demanding
Excellence in nursing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed all of my years at AGMC. The professional, caring staff were always patient centered. I am always proud to say I was part of this company.
Agmc
LPN Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 2, 2015
My typical night shift was 12 hours. I worked on a very busy Urology/Gynecology floor. I loved the nurses and doctors that I worked with. The hardest part was working 7p to 7a. But I soon adjusted.
Intense, always busy working environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2015
AGMC is like any other hospital; our patients are our priority. I took pride in providing the best possible healthcare I could depending on our workload.
Fast paced and diverse position in which I gained a lot of experience in many different aspects of the medical field.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHDecember 5, 2014
I loved my position in the ED because it was extremely fast paced, and every day was different. My co-workers really demonstrated team work and it make the ED run smoothly. The management was very proficient with communication and training and acknowledging a job well done.
key employer for the community
Federal Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 25, 2014
antiquated systems made working on billing often frustrating. The small gray cubicles, lack of natural light, and being separated from the main hospital were also negatives. Although people stayed in their jobs for many years the atmosphere was pervaded with negativism that sometimes accompanies not having new blood interjected.
Pros
decent pay, good benefits
Cons
depressing atmosphere
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 5, 2014
AGMC was a fantastic place to work. Doctors, administration and coworkers all cared for one another
easily accessible in Akron, Ohio with plenty of parking.
PHARMACIST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  400 Wabash Ave. Akron, Ohio 44304October 27, 2014
Every day you focus on patient care, coordinating with previous shift so days activities are flowing from one shift to the next. Working with friendly associates means there is always a team spirit. I personally advanced my education through certifications recognized in the industry and with employer reimbursed tuition at a nearby university. The company employs so many people in so many different departments that I can't speak to the issue of management, each job and that responsibility, will have it's own management. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. All hours of the day are needing covered, so the first shift hours are coveted. The most overlooked benefit, I think, is the controlled environment: cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Pros
this job provides good pay, union representation on benefit issues, health benefits to all family members.
Cons
stoic hierarchy prevents individuals from benefiting from efforts.
Great palce to work!!
Senior Technical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioOctober 10, 2014
I loved my job as a Senior Technical Nurse! If I had not recently moved across the country I would still be employed there. I worked on medical/surgical for two years and encountered many employees whom not only cared for but went above and beyond for their patients. I also floated the hospital prior to my resignation and there were just a many wonderful employees there as well!! The pay is great and more than anything the people here felt like my family. I miss them dearly.
Pros
Great Pay!!
Cons
None to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron General Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Akron General Medical Center Reviews by Location