Principals Only, Please
Aktana, a 3-year old analytics/technology startup located in downtown San Francisco, has an opening for a highly-qualified mid- to senior-level Java server-side developer to join our core product development team. Participate in the entire development lifecycle, help to clarify/refine requirements, own the design for your components, and write the code to implement important new capabilities we are adding to our product. The pace is fast, and the opportunity to contribute to company success is high.
Our core product development team works out of our main office near Union Square, just 2 blocks from BART. The development team is organized along the main components of our product:
- User interfaces (both web and mobile)
- REST API + Server-side business logic, ORM, and database
- Our back-end analytics engine
We are looking for an experienced server-side Java developer with strong SQL database experience to take the lead in developing a configurable reusable ETL solution that integrates our product with a number of the leading CRM applications. We expect that this will involve significant additions to our existing middle-tier services, and you will work closely with our product architects to design the set of required new services. We are hoping to find someone who also has background and interest in mathematical/analytic programming, and we would provide such person with opportunities to become familiar with and eventually contribute to our proprietary back-end analytics algorithms.
- Collaborate with Product Management to help envision and design new capabilities.
- Work with component technical lead(s) to write and review technical specifications for new features.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Design, implement and unit test server-side Java code for our (really cool) product.
- Mentor junior developers, participate in Code Reviews.
- Work with other teams to help support our multiple production environments.
- BS in Computer Science or closely-related discipline. MS preferred.
- 5+ years object-oriented software development on middle-tier and back-end components, with at least 2 years of heavy Java programming.
- At least 1 project in which you played a lead role in architecting/designing the middle-tier and database layers for a new application.
- Strong SQL and database design skills. Familiarity with Hibernate and/or other ORMs.
- Experienced working under Agile and Continuous Development.
- Startup experience.
- REST frameworks such as DropWizard (http://dropwizard.codahale.com/)
- MySQL experience.
- Prior experience in integrating applications. Experience using ETL packages.
- Familiarity with CRMs like Salesforce a plus.
- Prior experience in working with offshore developers and QA function.
- Applied mathematics/probability, analytics, data mining, numerical optimization.
- NoSQL experience (preferably Mongo).
- Other tools/packages we use: SVN, JIRA, Eclipse, Liquibase, Crucible, Atlassian, Jenkins, JUnit, DBUnit, Jackson JSON Processor, log4j/logback
- Must Like Burritos and/or Thai Food.
Actionable + Analytics = Aktana, the new world leader in driving sales force effectiveness. We’re experienced sales and marketing executives, sales effectiveness consultants, and technology visionaries actively solving one of the biggest problems vexing sales organizations today: the inability to translate significant investments in data analytics and BI into tangible improvements in day-to-day sales activities and results.
We’ve combined our deep understanding of sales methodologies with our technological expertise to create a system that bridges the gap between technologies, teams and tactics. Simply put, we unlock the knowledge that already exists inside your organization and deliver it to your sales reps in a powerful, contextual, and above all, actionable way -- through real-time, real-world insight they can and want to use.
207 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Indeed - 8 months ago
Actionable + Analytics = Aktana, the new world leader in driving sales force effectiveness. We’re experienced sales and marketing...