Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

my summary
Sales Manager Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a good career that i enjoyed very much. I learned a lot from everyone who I worked with.
SAP technical consultant
SAP Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: office out-dated, uncomfortable
Azko Nobel has a great culture, knowledgeable people. Their SAP system is robust and being enhanced for their US plants making the implementation work informative and interesting.
Overall
Lab technician level 3 (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 14, 2014
Pros: casual, but very professional atmosphere, you get the feeling that, also higher management was very easy to talk to.
Cons: the r&d lab i was working in was relocated to another state.
Overall, the aerospace division I was in was BOOMING. That is because we had a GM that knew his stuff. The benefit package and insurance, the atmosphere was excellent. It was easy to move up; there are plenty of opportunity to do so. I could see myself working there until retirement.
Hard and challenging job, but enjoyable
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: getting paid good money
Cons: being stuck on one paint color for long periods of time
I got paid a lot more money and it was useful learning new things in a higher workplace.
Good pay and benefits, but adjust your social and family life.
Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very safety oriented
Cons: swing shift, chemical smells, poor mangagement
I worked in the analytical lab at Akzo Nobel for 8 years. I started out as a temp for 4 months then became a permanent hire. Its a fast paced environment and you are expected to show that you can keep up the first the day, even while training. However, there are some down days and you are able to slow down, but not sit still. The management and co-workers – more... have a high turn-over, partly due to upper management difficulties or the swing shift. Adjusting to the swing shift maybe hard for some people to get used to, its really a life-style changer. The lab and the plant personnel are on different types of rotating schedules, so you get to meet a different crew every time you return. Akzo try to show their appreciation for their employees, with cook-outs and incentives, so its not all that bad. Its your attitude and how you look at it. I learned how to use most of the instrumentation, which makes the job easier because it makes you a more valuable employee. Take advantage of the training offered. I also learned about occupational and chemical safety. There are required monthly safety meetings and you learn a lot. Trust me you want to learn about safety at a chemical plant ! I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, spending that amount of time with someone makes them feel like family. – less
Great Place for people and work
Senior Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHMay 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: was laid off
I was on my own to get my projects finished and on time. Collected data from eight different tests and reported that data to my superiors. Worked alone with no supervision.It wasn't a hard job and getting the right data was from a test was most enjoyable.
Paint and Coatings
Commercial Segment Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: locations
Paint and Coatings - Development in several regions ... Commercial Segment Manager / Architetural / General Contractors field
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Very Productive company with great values and staff.
This company has great management.
Very much can be learned from working at this industrial site.
Very fast paced working environment and great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events
Cons: fast paced, very busy
Typical day at work is very busy. However, when you work with the best talents in the industry, you don't seem to mind the heavy workload at all.
Modern and Technologic Industry
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Novara, PIEMarch 3, 2014
My typical day consisted in to drink a coffee with my collegues before 8 am. Subsequently after filling the schedules about the daily job program I started to work until 12 am. After a fast lunch with some of my co-workers my job restarted at 1 am till 18 pm.
great place to work
DCS logic operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 17, 2014
lead operator and step up supervisor in charge of daily process tasks and training
A very good job
Clinical Liaison, Northeast USA (Current Employee), White House Station, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: decent perks
Cons: management was not as acceptable once we were acquired.
A typical day can consist of handling cases and/or teaching and interacting with either customers and KOLs
Great company to get experiance
Senior Chemist Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
It is big and wonderful company and It is good place to get expriance about paint and diffrent coating (protective and marine),coworker are nice .
well organized good peole and fun work environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, OHDecember 29, 2013
Days average 10 hours. Began with meeting with manufacturing/ distribution and production planning to review daily plan.
I learned to be highly alert to all operational issues and flexible in changing departmental priorities to meet customer demand.
All my coworkers new their jobs well and worked well to do what it took to get thing done. Hardest part – more... of the job was dealing with late inbound material deliveries and having freight carriers meet customer delivery times.
The most enjoyable was the open door style management had with all employees and at the end of the day we got things done. – less
NA
Production Chemist (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 26, 2013
No comment at this time.
Not a professional place if you are really passionate about your job and want to make a difference.
Nice working environment
Business Intelligence Manager Asia Pacific (Current Employee), Akzo has office in ChicagoDecember 24, 2013
Good team work
High quality outcome
Friendly working environment
Akzo Nobel was a interesting and exciting place.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Huron, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
.I learned how to work well independently and multi task.I also learned how to take on a leadership role ..We rarely had a supervisor so i made a lot of executive decisions on my own.My co -workers were awesome they were all team players always willing to help out.The hardest part of the job was busy season when i worked a lot hours and was away from – more... my children.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great crew.. – less
Inventory Control Specialist/Order Picker (Current Employee), Huron, OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: great work force
Cons: layoffs
good place to work. you just don't know if your going to be sent home on a daily basis.
EKA Chemicals division focuses on bleaching chemicals & colloidal silica.
Customer Focus Engineeer (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good benefits, interesting people and travel opportunities.
Eka Division of Akzo provodes a good living.
Eka has high focus on low cost production.
The culture is Euro/Canadian-centric, generally with high-quality and with pleasant demeanor.

Colloidal silica production mostly goes largely to the paper industry with also a lucrative niche supplying to suppliers to the electronics industry. The high EOL quality – more... standards needed for the electronics industry contrast with wider EOL production windows for less sensitive industries. Electronics customers need more attention.

Worldwide production and distribution of P&P and colloidal silica products allows for travel to interesting places for the appropriate personnel. – less
Creative work enviroment
Print Buyer (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: cafeteria on site, flex schedules
Cons: lot of turn over - been bought out by ppg
flexible hours - core hours 9-4
intelligent people in the paint industry
free to be creative
policies and procedures in place
uncertainty with buy out by PPG
fast pace
too many cheifs - not quick enough decisions made
#2 in the marketplace

1 2 3 4 5

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more