Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

Tough Labor
Batch Maker (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: little room for advancement, poor working conditions.
Akzo is a great place for young people to get a decent entry level labor position. Advancement is poor, management is always looking to blame the worker for something and there is very little automation (mostly a manual labor job).
Big company with small company feel
Exposure Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, flexability with time, advance ment, benefits, free thinking
Cons: pay
This was my first big job and I advanced to a mid level managers position in roughly 5 years managing a small lab. I accomplished with an associates degree and hard work

Sadly I'm told that the company has made a great deal of change since my time
Large Company
Commercial Vehicles Market Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: freedom
Managed North America for Commercial vehicles department.
Productive Global Great place to work!
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2014
I Iike working for Akzo Nobel because I enjoy being part of a global, innovative manufacturing company. Akzo Nobel is an organization that treats their employees and community with value and respect, and there are many opportunities for career growth.
Good people, lost management
Process Engineer for Functional Powder Americas (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2014
Management was changing and employess are getting lost in the power struggle.
Allowed me to gain the knowledge necessary as an ABAP Programmer
SAP ABAP Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with the local module managers
Work requests would be supplied to me through the Help Desk System with the details necessary to accomplish the task. Also worked with Module Managers who made themselves available to assist in any possible missing details.
Great company and great employees
Chemist (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Helpful staff and knowledgeable staff.
delivering paint products to body shops
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 8, 2014
the people were great to work with but it was hard to get product for clients
Exciting and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
This company was a good company with great benefits. We recently were purchased by PPG, is more corporate structure. The company procedures and policies are more strict now. Not as laid back as it once was.
great place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee), La Porte, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially – more... unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum. – less
• Checking buildings insuring that there are no fires or no chemical spills on the floors. • Signing in and out trucks and sending them to their desig
Security Officer (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 11, 2014
• Signing in and out trucks and sending them to their designated areas.
• Signing in and out tankers and weighting in and out tankers.
• Signing in and out visitors and sending them to their designated areas.
• Insuring that Akzo Nobel personnel are practice safety – more... at all times and wearing the proper equipment.
• Daily rounds for security for all nine building.
• In charge of all paperwork, files and inventory, also daily reports, etc.
• Controlling waste and tanker and truck.
• Operate a switch board and page also Akzo Nobel employee, – less
Labeling department (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 29, 2014
It was a great place of employment. It's too bad my contract was canceled. I really enjoyed working there.
my summary
Sales Manager Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a good career that i enjoyed very much. I learned a lot from everyone who I worked with.
SAP technical consultant
SAP Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: office out-dated, uncomfortable
Azko Nobel has a great culture, knowledgeable people. Their SAP system is robust and being enhanced for their US plants making the implementation work informative and interesting.
Overall
Lab technician level 3 (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 14, 2014
Pros: casual, but very professional atmosphere, you get the feeling that, also higher management was very easy to talk to.
Cons: the r&d lab i was working in was relocated to another state.
Overall, the aerospace division I was in was BOOMING. That is because we had a GM that knew his stuff. The benefit package and insurance, the atmosphere was excellent. It was easy to move up; there are plenty of opportunity to do so. I could see myself working there until retirement.
Hard and challenging job, but enjoyable
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: getting paid good money
Cons: being stuck on one paint color for long periods of time
I got paid a lot more money and it was useful learning new things in a higher workplace.
Good pay and benefits, but adjust your social and family life.
Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very safety oriented
Cons: swing shift, chemical smells, poor mangagement
I worked in the analytical lab at Akzo Nobel for 8 years. I started out as a temp for 4 months then became a permanent hire. Its a fast paced environment and you are expected to show that you can keep up the first the day, even while training. However, there are some down days and you are able to slow down, but not sit still. The management and co-workers – more... have a high turn-over, partly due to upper management difficulties or the swing shift. Adjusting to the swing shift maybe hard for some people to get used to, its really a life-style changer. The lab and the plant personnel are on different types of rotating schedules, so you get to meet a different crew every time you return. Akzo try to show their appreciation for their employees, with cook-outs and incentives, so its not all that bad. Its your attitude and how you look at it. I learned how to use most of the instrumentation, which makes the job easier because it makes you a more valuable employee. Take advantage of the training offered. I also learned about occupational and chemical safety. There are required monthly safety meetings and you learn a lot. Trust me you want to learn about safety at a chemical plant ! I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, spending that amount of time with someone makes them feel like family. – less
Great Place for people and work
Senior Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHMay 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: was laid off
I was on my own to get my projects finished and on time. Collected data from eight different tests and reported that data to my superiors. Worked alone with no supervision.It wasn't a hard job and getting the right data was from a test was most enjoyable.
Paint and Coatings
Commercial Segment Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: locations
Paint and Coatings - Development in several regions ... Commercial Segment Manager / Architetural / General Contractors field
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Very Productive company with great values and staff.
This company has great management.
Very much can be learned from working at this industrial site.

1 2 3 4 5

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more