Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employee Reviews

Excellent high performance coatings company with worldwide affiliations.
Sales & sales management (Former Employee), Atlanta GA primary, Sassenheim, ZHAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Use of company car personally
Cons: Extensive travel
Typical of a European company, Akzo Nobel concentrates on involving their personnel across many disciplines, including administration, sales, inventory control, product development and marketing, laboratory evaluation of product development and many other areas.

Akzo-Nobel was a marvelous place to work, as their management were strongly supportive of individual as well as team efforts.
Good place to work with good culture.
Process Operator (Former Employee), LaPorte, TXAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Work culture; freebies
Cons: None
My first extended experience in Process Operations was with this company. They are a Dutch owned corporation with a different culture than what I experienced in later years of my career. The management here treated hourly and salaried employees with equal respect. Refreshing!
Great Job
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Low Pay
A typical day consisted of packaging products & prepping them for shipping. I learned how to operate equipment that was used for producing the company's product. Co-workers were great and very knowledable. – more... I never had any problems with any of my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to work overtime more often as I wanted too. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work and network with fellow co-workers. – less
Diverse Work Culture
Pricing Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
Great experience working with colleagues with diverse backgrounds. Open work concept launching which will encourage collaboration.
Forklift driver
Forklift operator (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 17, 2015
I worked for this company for 20 years. It was a good place until they changed so much and made the place too strict. They took away alot.
Long hard hours daily
Lab Technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Mandatory overtime daily
Hot. Would not recommend this job to anyone. Mandatory long hours daily and mandatory weekend hours.Not organized or functional
Fast paced, challenging, rewarding,,,
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 4, 2015
Pros: always busy, always something to do
Cons: locating machines and equipment for physical transfers.
Typical day starts at 6 A.M., checking EMAILS concerning inventory issues from off shift, rectify as needed. Check with color build unit (CBU) for inventory needs, make all transfers, physically and systematically. – more... Check automatic dispensing unit (ADU) levels, physically and systematically move all materials needed. Once all CBU needs are met, off to the distribution center for cycle counts, home location managing, consolidations, shipping error rectification, periodically checking EMAILS for other department ( CBU, QC, plant, staging, pilot,R&D ) needs.After lunch check with CBU for material needed for the next 2 shifts.

What I learned: Independence, proactive approach, many SAP system movements from department to department, plant to plant. Many different department operations.

Management: supportive

Co Workers: Team atmosphere, always ready to help.

Hardest part of my job: Balancing all above duties, making sure all needs are met.

Most enjoyable part of my day: Contact with different department co workers, personalities and the daily challenges each day brought. – less
Fun workplace with rigorous hours with metal coatings.
Quality Control Part Time Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 31, 2015
Pros: All people i worked with were nice and helpful
Cons: Communication was poor. Worked 6-7 days a week.
-A typical day at work was in the Quality Control lab where i tested paint by drawing it down on different types of metal comparable to what our customer would use.
- Tested properties such as paint – more... color, viscosity, durability, and film thickness.
-I learned what it was like to work in an industrial production setting.
- Management were nice but not good communicators or motivators.
- Co-workers were very nice people that could help me with any questions I had.
- Hardest part of the job was making adjustments on the paint that would come in out of spec.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere of the lab. Everyone was friendly and helpful. – less
AkzoNobel is a multi-national manufacturing corporation, active in healthcare, coatings and chemicals.
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent training and education availability
AN headquartered in Amsterdam, employees 47,000 people in 80 countries. Constantly ranked as a top leader in the area of sustainability. They offer good benefits and educational opportunities. They are committed to their customers and clients.
Very busy lab
Member of worldwide AkzoNobel (Former Employee), Morris, ILMay 15, 2015
Lab is extremely busy with barely any time to take a break. However the work load is not terrible. I really can not say anything more I have not worked there in over ten years.
A great place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Worked in Technical Support in a multi functional call center receiving 40-60 calls a day for software, hardware support.
very productive, great insurance ,good retirement plan
paint maker (Former Employee), Zion, ILApril 30, 2015
Pros: best bonuses, free lunches or dinners.
Cons: safety was their main priority
this company is one the best places I ever worked for ,all of the people were very nice, always something new to learn on a daily basis, safety always came first, company bonuses were always a plus.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 27, 2015
Open office and run branch.
Daily Operations of company.
Closing new accounts.
Daily interactions with customers and co workers.
Low ceiling
Class A Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Overtime offered
Cons: Room for advancement. Little to none raises. Too many lost time injuries
Not a lot of room for advancement or increace in pay. Constant management turnover & numerous injuries per year. Good co-workers. Unsure about the future direction of our company.
Learned much
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee), Burt, NYMarch 30, 2015
Hostel work environment, did learn SAP program which was my goal to move forward. Some co-workers were great. the hardest part of the job was to please others. Enjoyable: going home.
decent place to work
Outside Operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good overtime, flexible hours
Cons: working in the weather
I had a enjoyable time working for akzo nobel. Long Hours, great pay. Very savy when it comes to safety. I learned alot while working there, and if it wasn't for personal reasons i would have stayed with the company.
Akzo Nobel is an great place to work for with lots of learning experiences
Billing Associate (Current Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I am a Billing Associate for Akzo Nobel and every day there is something new to learn. They are a diverse and growing company that has great benefits
Great work/life balance
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: being that sight was small and employees stayed with the company for a long time, not much room to move up.
Working at Akzo sure was challenging but I enjoyed it thoroughly. The thing I loved the most about working at Akzo is that I did not have to bring my work home. Great work/life balance! Management was – more... great, respectful, considerate and always showed that they cared about their employees. Co-workers were very willing to help out at all times. Great team work culture.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with incorrect transportation information on the MSDS's. – less
Company promotes safety of its employees
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Brewster, NYDecember 2, 2014
Company undergoing reorganization; a work still in progress.
Tough Labor
Batch Maker (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: little room for advancement, poor working conditions.
Akzo is a great place for young people to get a decent entry level labor position. Advancement is poor, management is always looking to blame the worker for something and there is very little automation (mostly a manual labor job).