Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Very Productive company with great values and staff.
This company has great management.
Very much can be learned from working at this industrial site.
Very fast paced working environment and great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events
Cons: fast paced, very busy
Typical day at work is very busy. However, when you work with the best talents in the industry, you don't seem to mind the heavy workload at all.
Modern and Technologic Industry
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Novara, PIEMarch 3, 2014
My typical day consisted in to drink a coffee with my collegues before 8 am. Subsequently after filling the schedules about the daily job program I started to work until 12 am. After a fast lunch with some of my co-workers my job restarted at 1 am till 18 pm.
great place to work
DCS logic operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 17, 2014
lead operator and step up supervisor in charge of daily process tasks and training
A very good job
Clinical Liaison, Northeast USA (Current Employee), White House Station, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: decent perks
Cons: management was not as acceptable once we were acquired.
A typical day can consist of handling cases and/or teaching and interacting with either customers and KOLs
Great company to get experiance
Senior Chemist Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
It is big and wonderful company and It is good place to get expriance about paint and diffrent coating (protective and marine),coworker are nice .
well organized good peole and fun work environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, OHDecember 29, 2013
Days average 10 hours. Began with meeting with manufacturing/ distribution and production planning to review daily plan.
I learned to be highly alert to all operational issues and flexible in changing departmental priorities to meet customer demand.
All my coworkers new their jobs well and worked well to do what it took to get thing done. Hardest part – more... of the job was dealing with late inbound material deliveries and having freight carriers meet customer delivery times.
The most enjoyable was the open door style management had with all employees and at the end of the day we got things done. – less
NA
Production Chemist (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 26, 2013
No comment at this time.
Not a professional place if you are really passionate about your job and want to make a difference.
Nice working environment
Business Intelligence Manager Asia Pacific (Current Employee), Akzo has office in ChicagoDecember 24, 2013
Good team work
High quality outcome
Friendly working environment
Akzo Nobel was a interesting and exciting place.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Huron, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
.I learned how to work well independently and multi task.I also learned how to take on a leadership role ..We rarely had a supervisor so i made a lot of executive decisions on my own.My co -workers were awesome they were all team players always willing to help out.The hardest part of the job was busy season when i worked a lot hours and was away from – more... my children.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great crew.. – less
Inventory Control Specialist/Order Picker (Current Employee), Huron, OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: great work force
Cons: layoffs
good place to work. you just don't know if your going to be sent home on a daily basis.
Creative work enviroment
Print Buyer (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: cafeteria on site, flex schedules
Cons: lot of turn over - been bought out by ppg
flexible hours - core hours 9-4
intelligent people in the paint industry
free to be creative
policies and procedures in place
uncertainty with buy out by PPG
fast pace
too many cheifs - not quick enough decisions made
#2 in the marketplace
I loved this job. It was laid back and we got things done
Driver / Manager Asst. (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2013
Cons: there was nothing about this job that i didn't like.
load truck deliver product, talk to customers over the phone, take orders, check in stock, put stock in its place on shelves, collect money at the end of the day I would deposit the money and do closing, which included, filing, light book keeping, input our daily sales in the computer.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 19, 2013
Pros: great company and people
Worked with great people. Good pay at the time with great benefits. Hardest part was the summer when it was hot and smelling the paint fumes.
Ongoing issues with management, lots of turnover
HR Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILMay 14, 2013
Company pays above average, but a lot of turnover and poor employee morale
Enjoy working where I can learn
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee), TxApril 21, 2013
Its a great place to work where I can learn new things. Great environment and very concerned about being safe!
Challenging and a high degree of stress
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 15, 2013
Pros: learning on the fly
Cons: lack of communication
Each and every day was a challenge that I embraced as there were no processes/guidelines or job description for what I was hired for. It was basically, starting out from scratch with the opportunity to put my processes and thought into managing a sound fleet of over 1000 vehicles.
In addition to fleet, I was also responsible for price changes that were – more... performed in SAP, as well as providing payment information to vendors and training for our store managers when it came to ordering via the SRM tool.
The most difficult job I encountered was that there was a lack of communication even within the department. It was everyone for themselves so there was a lot of tasks that were duplicated instead of sharing the knowledge. Many things were implemented that I ended up cleaning up instead of being asked since I was the person dealing with it on a day to day basis. This was very frustating.
I truly enjoyed dealing with everyone in the field in regards to their vehicle and maintenance so they were able to devote more time into selling the materials, rather than dealing with the vendor. I also enjoyed working with many of our vendors that unfortunately were not paid in a timely manner as we switched systems from an old legacy systems to SAP. – less
Awesome company, sorry I had to leave
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, OhioMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, and compensation-good work ethics
Cons: too far away
I carried many responsibilities, but was well appreciated and compensated for what I did. They bought out the Flood Company, and were very generous when they did decide to shut the site down and consolidate with ICI.
A safe environment in which to work.
Accounting and A/P Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunch breaks, good working relationships and communications.
Cons: not enough opportunities for advancement.
My current experience at Akzo is overall, good experience. Safety is number one concern for the plant. My desire is to strive to learn more about another industry.
Great work facility
Inside Sales Rep, Powder Coatings Div (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2012
Pros: completed daily responsibilites with little supervisioon
Cons: department responsibilities and duties not divided equally
Great work facility and excellent employees to work with. Able to work independently

1 2 3 4 5

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more