Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 19, 2013
Pros: great company and people
Worked with great people. Good pay at the time with great benefits. Hardest part was the summer when it was hot and smelling the paint fumes.
Ongoing issues with management, lots of turnover
HR Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILMay 14, 2013
Company pays above average, but a lot of turnover and poor employee morale
Enjoy working where I can learn
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee), TxApril 21, 2013
Its a great place to work where I can learn new things. Great environment and very concerned about being safe!
Challenging and a high degree of stress
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 15, 2013
Pros: learning on the fly
Cons: lack of communication
Each and every day was a challenge that I embraced as there were no processes/guidelines or job description for what I was hired for. It was basically, starting out from scratch with the opportunity to put my processes and thought into managing a sound fleet of over 1000 vehicles.
In addition to fleet, I was also responsible for price changes that were – more... performed in SAP, as well as providing payment information to vendors and training for our store managers when it came to ordering via the SRM tool.
The most difficult job I encountered was that there was a lack of communication even within the department. It was everyone for themselves so there was a lot of tasks that were duplicated instead of sharing the knowledge. Many things were implemented that I ended up cleaning up instead of being asked since I was the person dealing with it on a day to day basis. This was very frustating.
I truly enjoyed dealing with everyone in the field in regards to their vehicle and maintenance so they were able to devote more time into selling the materials, rather than dealing with the vendor. I also enjoyed working with many of our vendors that unfortunately were not paid in a timely manner as we switched systems from an old legacy systems to SAP. – less
Awesome company, sorry I had to leave
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, OhioMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, and compensation-good work ethics
Cons: too far away
I carried many responsibilities, but was well appreciated and compensated for what I did. They bought out the Flood Company, and were very generous when they did decide to shut the site down and consolidate with ICI.
A safe environment in which to work.
Accounting and A/P Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunch breaks, good working relationships and communications.
Cons: not enough opportunities for advancement.
My current experience at Akzo is overall, good experience. Safety is number one concern for the plant. My desire is to strive to learn more about another industry.
Great work facility
Inside Sales Rep, Powder Coatings Div (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2012
Pros: completed daily responsibilites with little supervisioon
Cons: department responsibilities and duties not divided equally
Great work facility and excellent employees to work with. Able to work independently
Flexible work schedual
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Good job layoffs were always hanging over our heads. We had a lot of freedom to make our own hours.
temp position
File Handler - Temp (Former Employee), norcross, gaSeptember 13, 2012
great people and interesting company procedures. fast pace environment.
Fortune 100 company with a great product line
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 6, 2012
Pros: very flexible, great products
Cons: almost too big. they kept purchasing companies and changing the rules.
They pretty much owned the automotive market. They had more product approvals then any other company. I had the best boss in the world.
A good company to work
Technical Manager Marine Coatings (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good people and excellent atmosphere
People at work are very nice. It offers very relaxed atmoshphere for work.
Review
Chemist and Q.C. Technician (Former Employee), Zion, ILAugust 9, 2012
Exciting and engaging senior staff offered an incredible learning environment. Opportunities to introduce new technology to the packaging industry worldwide with excellent support staff were never in short supply. Co-workers and management at the company are today my closest friends and will be for the rest of my life.
Review
Chemist and Q.C. Technician (Former Employee), Zion, ILAugust 9, 2012
Growing
Tinting Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFJuly 24, 2012
It was a nice working experience where i learned a lot.

I had fun at work, i enjoyed this period of my life
Great atmosphere and great people to work with. Very safety oriented.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2012
Pros: it was a laid back work enviroment
Cons: it was hot in summer and cold in winter
Akzo Nobel was a great place to work. They were very safety oriented and you felt like the management and everyone else there cared about you and your safety. It was a very laid back place to work and they let you do your job without standing over your shoulder trying to micro manage you.
Stable and Competitive Company
Scheduling Supervisor, Integration Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
Pros: stable environment
Cons: long commute
A typical day at Akzo Nobel is very fast paced. A person in this position has to be able to multi task and be able to handle high stress situations. The most enjoyable part of my position is the challenges that come my way every day.
excellent place to work
Dealer Support Representative (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioMay 15, 2012
management and employees assist in job growth. I love how the company supports the community in marketing.
Love working with this company. No nights or weekends required in my position
Field Service Rep (Current Employee), Chicago western suburbsApril 27, 2012
I wish they had a better chance for advancement & some benifits for part time employees. Also more hrs. available in my position. Other than that I can say I love my job.
Productive & Great place to work
Paint Maker (Former Employee), Huron, OHApril 7, 2012
Great Management & Employees
Great Benefits
Great Working Conditions
Over-Time
Loved working for the company. Very friendly people.
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: great pay.
Cons: n/a
I love working for the company, what I enjoyed the most was when the customers came back and let me know how much they enjoyed what I had helped them choose.

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more