Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

temp position
File Handler - Temp (Former Employee), norcross, gaSeptember 13, 2012
great people and interesting company procedures. fast pace environment.
Fortune 100 company with a great product line
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 6, 2012
Pros: very flexible, great products
Cons: almost too big. they kept purchasing companies and changing the rules.
They pretty much owned the automotive market. They had more product approvals then any other company. I had the best boss in the world.
A good company to work
Technical Manager Marine Coatings (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good people and excellent atmosphere
People at work are very nice. It offers very relaxed atmoshphere for work.
Review
Chemist and Q.C. Technician (Former Employee), Zion, ILAugust 9, 2012
Exciting and engaging senior staff offered an incredible learning environment. Opportunities to introduce new technology to the packaging industry worldwide with excellent support staff were never in short supply. Co-workers and management at the company are today my closest friends and will be for the rest of my life.
Review
Chemist and Q.C. Technician (Former Employee), Zion, ILAugust 9, 2012
Great atmosphere and great people to work with. Very safety oriented.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2012
Pros: it was a laid back work enviroment
Cons: it was hot in summer and cold in winter
Akzo Nobel was a great place to work. They were very safety oriented and you felt like the management and everyone else there cared about you and your safety. It was a very laid back place to work and they let you do your job without standing over your shoulder trying to micro manage you.
Stable and Competitive Company
Scheduling Supervisor, Integration Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
Pros: stable environment
Cons: long commute
A typical day at Akzo Nobel is very fast paced. A person in this position has to be able to multi task and be able to handle high stress situations. The most enjoyable part of my position is the challenges that come my way every day.
excellent place to work
Dealer Support Representative (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioMay 15, 2012
management and employees assist in job growth. I love how the company supports the community in marketing.
Love working with this company. No nights or weekends required in my position
Field Service Rep (Current Employee), Chicago western suburbsApril 27, 2012
I wish they had a better chance for advancement & some benifits for part time employees. Also more hrs. available in my position. Other than that I can say I love my job.
Productive & Great place to work
Paint Maker (Former Employee), Huron, OHApril 7, 2012
Great Management & Employees
Great Benefits
Great Working Conditions
Over-Time
Loved working for the company. Very friendly people.
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: great pay.
Cons: n/a
I love working for the company, what I enjoyed the most was when the customers came back and let me know how much they enjoyed what I had helped them choose.
Hard Worker
SAP software proficiency
Dinamic
Productive Work
Sr. Purchase Executive (Current Employee), MuscatNovember 11, 2014
Pros: safety first
Cons: long hours
Ethical work guidelines met on daily basis, safety comes first although long work hours with short breaks
Thane paint works
microbiologist (Current Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHOctober 18, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 8
Akzo nobel has a good reputation in market and Akzo nobel (thane paint work) has won the best plant award in SESA ( south east south asia). I enjoyed working with Akzo nobel, learned many things about Paint manufacturing and raw material used in paint preparation, also gave the knowlege of microbiology required for the quality improvement of paint.the – more... co-wrkers were very co-operative and very helpful and kind, they really have helped me a lot in learning. the hardest part and best part of my job is to maintain and ensure that the paint is free from bacteria, fungi, and algae. the enjoyed every task given to me. – less
A nice place to be
R&D Director / Deco Technical Manager (Former Employee), casablancaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: face to face meeting
Cons: fte cost reduction
Starting with a short meeting, with a rapid overview with the leaders of the main or special factual problem/idea to pinpoint all the day as manager my office is a an open door room.
In weekly/monthly reporting meeting we folllow the steppingand/or achievement of team project.
A Monthly, quarterly, and Yearly reporting are send to our fonctional manager – more... in Holland.
Business principles, rigor, honesty, working with purpose and goal, work under pressure, respect and above all a human people management.
Dedicated people to their mission with a total respect in 360 degrees.
Cost reduction, we had to reduce our team from 20 to 12 FTE.
All, but a pinpoint all the managerial action to bring our team to higher positions,
Especially face to face meetings for periodic evaluations. in which a freedom of tone can be achieved and to overcoming any organizational blockages. – less
Enjoyed my time
Business Manager, Specialist Wood Finishes (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
great people! Very strong products need better direction and investment in N.A. business...Good company was up for sale/ So many active changes
A lot of discussion and less action
DY CFO (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 16, 2014
The typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee followed by update from department, internal and external meetings, meeting with consultants, bankers etc.
good work place for career build up but current trend is not very supportive
Segment Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 26, 2014
Strong conpetitive work environment with focus on Margin. sense of in security build up due to unstable management
A good place to work. The world's leading decorative paints manufacturer
Head of Business Development (Former Employee), AltrinchamJuly 25, 2014
Pros: company car and generous bonus scheme
Cons: long hours and overnight stays away from home
A very varied and interesting job, managing a team of business development managers. Seeking new opportunities in new sectors. Each time a new sector was identified, I had to learn how that sector operated, what the main issues were and try to develop solutions.
I worked with a highly professional and dedicated team of BDMs and Account Managers. The – more... best in the business!

The hardest part of the job was convincing senior management that a new opportunity was viable in order to obtain the necessary resource to pursue it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving success in new ventures. – less
good place to work
fork lift driver (Former Employee), WarringtonMay 27, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: doing night shifts was not good
I worked for Akzo Nobel for twenty years starting in Glasgow then transferring to Warrington. I drove fork lift trucks both counterbalance and reach trucks . I would replenish stock from racking to pick face for orders to be completed.

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more