Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

Stable and Competitive Company
Scheduling Supervisor, Integration Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
Pros: stable environment
Cons: long commute
A typical day at Akzo Nobel is very fast paced. A person in this position has to be able to multi task and be able to handle high stress situations. The most enjoyable part of my position is the challenges that come my way every day.
excellent place to work
Dealer Support Representative (Current Employee), Strongsville, OhioMay 15, 2012
management and employees assist in job growth. I love how the company supports the community in marketing.
Love working with this company. No nights or weekends required in my position
Field Service Rep (Current Employee), Chicago western suburbsApril 27, 2012
I wish they had a better chance for advancement & some benifits for part time employees. Also more hrs. available in my position. Other than that I can say I love my job.
Productive & Great place to work
Paint Maker (Former Employee), Huron, OHApril 7, 2012
Great Management & Employees
Great Benefits
Great Working Conditions
Over-Time
Loved working for the company. Very friendly people.
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: great pay.
Cons: n/a
I love working for the company, what I enjoyed the most was when the customers came back and let me know how much they enjoyed what I had helped them choose.
Thane paint works
microbiologist (Current Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHOctober 18, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 8
Akzo nobel has a good reputation in market and Akzo nobel (thane paint work) has won the best plant award in SESA ( south east south asia). I enjoyed working with Akzo nobel, learned many things about Paint manufacturing and raw material used in paint preparation, also gave the knowlege of microbiology required for the quality improvement of paint.the – more... co-wrkers were very co-operative and very helpful and kind, they really have helped me a lot in learning. the hardest part and best part of my job is to maintain and ensure that the paint is free from bacteria, fungi, and algae. the enjoyed every task given to me. – less
A nice place to be
R&D Director / Deco Technical Manager (Former Employee), casablancaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: face to face meeting
Cons: fte cost reduction
Starting with a short meeting, with a rapid overview with the leaders of the main or special factual problem/idea to pinpoint all the day as manager my office is a an open door room.
In weekly/monthly reporting meeting we folllow the steppingand/or achievement of team project.
A Monthly, quarterly, and Yearly reporting are send to our fonctional manager – more... in Holland.
Business principles, rigor, honesty, working with purpose and goal, work under pressure, respect and above all a human people management.
Dedicated people to their mission with a total respect in 360 degrees.
Cost reduction, we had to reduce our team from 20 to 12 FTE.
All, but a pinpoint all the managerial action to bring our team to higher positions,
Especially face to face meetings for periodic evaluations. in which a freedom of tone can be achieved and to overcoming any organizational blockages. – less
Enjoyed my time
Business Manager, Specialist Wood Finishes (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
great people! Very strong products need better direction and investment in N.A. business...Good company was up for sale/ So many active changes
A lot of discussion and less action
DY CFO (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 16, 2014
The typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee followed by update from department, internal and external meetings, meeting with consultants, bankers etc.
good work place for career build up but current trend is not very supportive
Segment Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 26, 2014
Strong conpetitive work environment with focus on Margin. sense of in security build up due to unstable management
A good place to work. The world's leading decorative paints manufacturer
Head of Business Development (Former Employee), AltrinchamJuly 25, 2014
Pros: company car and generous bonus scheme
Cons: long hours and overnight stays away from home
A very varied and interesting job, managing a team of business development managers. Seeking new opportunities in new sectors. Each time a new sector was identified, I had to learn how that sector operated, what the main issues were and try to develop solutions.
I worked with a highly professional and dedicated team of BDMs and Account Managers. The – more... best in the business!

The hardest part of the job was convincing senior management that a new opportunity was viable in order to obtain the necessary resource to pursue it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving success in new ventures. – less
good place to work
fork lift driver (Former Employee), WarringtonMay 27, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: doing night shifts was not good
I worked for Akzo Nobel for twenty years starting in Glasgow then transferring to Warrington. I drove fork lift trucks both counterbalance and reach trucks . I would replenish stock from racking to pick face for orders to be completed.
AKZONOBEL REVIEWS?
SUPPLY CHAIN- Planning production Controlling & DM (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 22, 2014
Well an average paymaster...
Lots of pressure, but you get to learn a lot of stuff out there,...
you have everything right from training employees to employee benefit, but the job security is too poor,...
Good teams and a lot of training supported
Production and Materials Manager (Former Employee), hullMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free parking, ood pension and many other benefits
Cons: very tough environment
The days were tough as the roles and teams were changing due to various initiatives that were being introduced.
I was a key member for the SAP training and rolling the training out - this was a very challenging time.
Very fast paced working environment and great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events
Cons: fast paced, very busy
Typical day at work is very busy. However, when you work with the best talents in the industry, you don't seem to mind the heavy workload at all.
A pleasure to work there,made friends for life,very professional company
Despatch Oprative (Former Employee), HullMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks machine
Worked the night shift for the last 2 years.Main duties were to get products from the warehouse using picklists printed out from protean,then more recently saps computor systems. A keen eye for detail was paramount as Akzo Nobel had a right first time policy.
Products sent all over the world from a few kilo to over 40 tonnes.
Management was always there – more... for help and advice.
Was part of a small team,but everybody worked together to get the right results.Had a great team of co-workers. – less
Fun, inventive research
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Bohus, OFebruary 5, 2014
Assisted in testing of silica-based chiral monolithic columns for enantioseparation, Project managed the development of a database which catalogued lab chemicals using MS Access
Tiring but good
Production Operative (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGFebruary 5, 2014
The job was tiring but was worth it. Really enjoyed working here even though was only on a temporary contract.
Good Company
Corporate Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), London VictoriaJanuary 30, 2014
Akzo Nobel is a good company to work for, however it doesn't offer enough career progression.
Fired if they dont like you
Manager (Former Employee), Kingston bridgeNovember 27, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: bullying from area manager
Great company but avoid anything to do with GLASGOW area management,you WIll lose your job if you ever question him

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more