AkzoNobel Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work at this site
Packer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 3, 2016
Terrible management..they give you 2weeks vacation but always have a problem with you taking days off and they constantly black out days that you can take them due to always being behind and short staffed..the staff is big turn around due poor management the good employees always find themselves leaving pretty quick. Mangers always talk down to their employees and are quick to point out the flaws but never see the good in the employees. As a former employee their this was my title as a packer. Trust me when i say untill they change management stay away from this job/company you will end up miserable.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Management/ Always behind on work/ No chance of moving up in company
Great Place to Start
SENIOR TECHNICAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Great place to get training for QC Lab position or an plant operator position. Really bad place to stay. Very entrenched good old boy system, bad supervisors. Does NOT promote from within unless you are a good old boy.
Pros
Great for Training
Cons
Bad Supervisors
see previous
Dealer Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 17, 2016
Refer to The Flood Company brand of products. From entry level to marketing/sales I really enjoyed working at this company.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Cultural changes
Productive and relaxed enviorment
Batch Maker/ Fill off operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 15, 2016
Good people work there answerd all questions and helped me when i needed it. You will work but its an overall relaxed enviorment.
Pros
Saftey meetings every other week.
Cons
long work hours.
good small disrubution center
Material Analyst / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2016
Great job and very thankful for the opportunity! Typically wasy work days, very good co workers, small company so everybody knows everybody, management is friendly, as operator I worked on a 3 panel machine that mostly needed just my observation and quick thinking, only wish there was a greater chance of growth within the company.
Pros
Great co-workers, light work loads, easy days
Cons
minimal growth opportunity
professional
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Burt, NYApril 4, 2016
The company was very professional, with a very big emphasis on safety. The management was very fair and quite competent, and the employees were easy to get along with.
Good people
ADU Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 29, 2016
Was a great environment because of the co-workers. Management was not relate able at all. Always had overtime available which was nice. Fumes inhaled everyday was pretty nasty.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
Management not relateable
no room for advancement
Controls technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Made good friends with co workers, management didnt really care about employees. hardest part about working there was going into work everyday
Great place to be employed
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Akzo Nobel is a great community. You feel at home and happy. Close friends will be made. This is a happy all together family/professional relationships.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/A
Interesting Work Place
HRSSC Representative - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
I found the HRSSC to be very unorganized and chaotic. The culture on the particular team was very unprofessional and they used swear words like crazy. I was surprised at the lack of accountabiltiy there. I was also surprised that there are more contractors verses actual employees. That was a red flag to me.
Pros
Food provided almost everyday
Cons
Very unorganized
This a great company to work for
Warehouse Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 6, 2015
This is a great company that has taught me a lot about how to be professional and become a leader and a great Manager. This company allows me to enhance my skills and show my leadership within the company.
Pros
Working for a great company that allows me to show my skills
Cons
Healthcare
Fast Paste and Detailed Oreinted
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 4, 2015
fast paste to get raw material received in and also put away. Also put away, pulled finished material on a daily bases to fill customers orders.
Work Environment
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
This company is a fast-paced work environment with weekly deadlines to meet. AkzoNobel is a very diverse company. There are many different managing styles, some good, some bad.
benefits
Cons
micro-managing
Toxic Wok Environment
Production planner (Former Employee) –  pasadena, txOctober 21, 2015
frequent harassment from management and overall environment was toxic to mental health. A blame game among managers who are not interested in continuous improvement. Not worth the money they pay. Quick to blame and fire in order to protect management. Management fosters a negative work environment which is not productive and creates a host work environment. Very high employee turnover.
Pros
pay
Cons
hostile work environment
Good research
Section Head (Former Employee) –  Dobbsferry NYOctober 15, 2015
Wa s a good company when I was there - that was too long agao to make any comments regarding current activities of the company.
Pros
good in surfactants
Cons
poor in end use applications
A lot of emphasis put safety and thats always good.
Batch Maker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 7, 2015
Made Catalyst batches. Handled corrosive material. wore proper safety equipment. Operated forklift to gather materials needed to make batches, read batch ticket first to ensure the correct materials were used and correct quantity was added. Went through the most detailed forklift training ever lasted a day and a half. Also had to fill off batches that made it through QC.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
diddnt like some of the mandatory overtime.
Good at the time
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 7, 2015
Over the years Akzo Nobel has had its ups and downs. It is much stronger in the foreign markets especially in Asia. My time at Akzo was rewarding. I learned a lot about their approach to serving customer needs.
Pros
State of the art facilities
Cons
Unable to make it in all areas of the US marketplace
Upbeat Comapny with many resources
Sr. Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha WIOctober 5, 2015
Super strong company, great product line, knowledgeable team with very good manufacturing, management was in reading PA, no advancement without location
Average place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IlOctober 3, 2015
Not good, Did not feel was up to my standards. To much favoritism, to many accidents were happening and I was worried about my safety.
Good benefits, positive company diversity, unfavorable work/life balance
Senior Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 28, 2015
This company offered great benefits (medical and financial) and diversity in the workplace was evident in a positive way. However a work-life balance was not obtainable for those who had small children.
Pros
Great benefits and diversity
Cons
Poor work-life balance