AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

Automotive Market Manager - Global One Wheel Program
Automotive Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work involved coordination between the powder group and the liquid group at Akzo to achieve collaborative goals for growth and OEM approvals. Visiting facilities all over the globe to direct efforts within local regions. Convince Tier I customer base to partner with Akzo on OEM approvals, new color, layering system development.
Pros
Unlimited creativity to get the job done.
Cons
Only so many hours in the day.
Productive work place with a great environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 19, 2017
Good work environment everyday. Ive learned how to run extruder and using special chemicals to make powder. Great co-workers.
Hardest part is when the extruder goes down. Most enjoyable part is my co-workers.
Pros
Great work enviroment and good experience
Cons
No pay increase
Productive and high paced.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
High stress environment with little appreciation. Co-workers were easy to get a long with but quick to blame others. It is also aa union environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
the product mix is tough and operators make a fair amount of mistakes.
Great Place
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the people and the position I held. I learned a lot about paint making and very flexible with staff and their personal life.
I enjoyed working with all of Akzo employees. The labs and supervision was very helpful
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 27, 2016
I would work for them again. I voluntarily quit after 12 years to relocate back to Florida. I was tired of the winters in Indiana,South Dakota.
I moved with the job 3 times in 4 years but enjoy working with them.
This way a very rewarding job.
Client Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with my district manager Kelly Dickson. We had a great team and still keep in touch working for different today. I would recommend Akzo Nobel as a company to work for.
Pros
Everyday job experience
Cons
Do not have one.
It was a great place to work and it had a great community of people.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mississippi, MSNovember 21, 2016
A typical day of work was full of outside painting. If I wasn't painting I was either sweeping, filling in pot holes, cleaning, or running errands with my other co worker.
Good company to work for but always a fear of downsizing.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2016
I loved my job at Glidden paint for many years. I worked hard and tried to get promoted and succeeded when we were owned by ICI paints. Then they sold to Akzo Nobel who downsized every other year for 6 years until they sold us to PPG. Now its still a good job but not much chance to advance within the company.
Pros
Work hours can be adjustable
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great place to work and provide for your family.
Paint Filler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2016
I Worked for the company for several years and i can say the employees there are very knowledgable and helpful they go out there way to make sure your on the right track and know the procedures of the company. the supervisors treat you fair and once you know your assignments they give you your space and trust you to do your job and when you have done well they make it known that your are a gifted individual and they reward you for it with a gift card or a personal day.
Pros
Ocasional Free Lunches / Good Pay
Cons
Mandatory Overtime in the busy season
new management is horrible
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 3, 2016
ventilation system doesn't work in the paint department no personal life due to hours you work there..six days of work even when the backlog is low..working conditions is horrible..previous management that was their before cared but the management that's in their now doesn't care at all.You have to figure the batch maker position out on your own your're given very little help or training.
Pros
none there isn't any pros that i can state about this job
Cons
new management is horrible
great place to work
2nd Shift Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 31, 2016
Great place and very good people very safe and productive and strides to make sure everything is done correctly and in very good quality. Management cares about its employees.
Once upon a time it was a good place to work.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2016
The people that work there are great. Sorry I can't say the same for upper management. At one time they actually cared for their employees and we were a family. Now they only see numbers, instead of values.
could be worse, but could also be what it used to be...
Operator (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 18, 2016
Workers are pawns not people. Management says one thing and does another. Decisions made today would change tomorrow, and again the next day. A lot of workers do nothing but milk the clock and then complain they don't get raises or promotions (stupid). Always need overtime and never enough people. Good employees pick up the slack of bad workers while management avoids the issue. Good luck with HR.
Pros
Drives safety as #1
Cons
Poor management and leadership
Quite setting
Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 1, 2016
Support of 30 different sites within the United States, Canada and Mexico.Typically worked on several projects at one time.
Learned how to manage my time more effectively.
Hands off Management to a degree.
Remote co-workers was ideal.
Learning the companies objectives alone.
Learning more project based functions as it relates to I.T. etc..
Pros
Self management
Cons
contract work
poor
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 31, 2016
A day at work here is hard, hot with lots of chemical smells must were PPE co-workers do not speak much. management is not skilled at all with communicating with workers.
N/a
Continues Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work. A lot of benefit. Average work load. Management very helpful and supportive. Going through tremendous change. Try to improve day in day out.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Managment
Moved to india
Accounting Associate-temp (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2016
company sold AP/AR/Credit/ Finance...everything moved to INDIA. NO JOBS FOR AMERICANS ANYMORE. Had to correspond with and train with our job replacements in India. so sad to see good jobs go away.
Toxic environment at all levels. Weak unorganized upper management questionable ethics.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
If you enjoy high blood pressure, sleepless nights and a lot of heartburn. This is the place for you.
Weak management with no interest in improving processes or effectiveness. If it doesn't immediately deliver high savings dollars they aren't interested. After years of high praise multiple additional duties added several promotions and internal recognition . All of a sudden you aren't the right fit 2 months after a new manager is hired? If you ain't Dutch you ain't much is commonly quoted across all businesses and levels.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
High stress no support
Dangerous Texas plant w/ Nigerian management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 10, 2016
Old (50 years +) plant and process units with bulged and buckled steel Reactors containing highly flammable paint product. Managed by obnoxious Nigerians who hate white people. This place is a major catastrophe waiting to happen.
Cons
Dangerous as a meth lab
If you need money.....
Interim Commander (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 8, 2016
Insane hours, 50-72 per week
Very little home life.
The work conditions are comparable to working outside, very hot in the summer, very cold in the winter.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Zero recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.