AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

International Paint has terrible management practices.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 4, 2017
Loyalty does not exist in this company/International Paint. 43 years of service totally unrecognized and unappreciated. Every weekend
and 24/7 on call.
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing, non loyal employer and upper management;
Used to be great place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Use to care about employees not anymore. Changes in upper management led to employees not feeling valued. Pay raises very small if any, depending on who you knew or worked for.
Constant state of change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 28, 2017
Management can't seem to get on track. They are constantly in a state of change. Outsourcing everything employee they can to the point that you have to open tickets for HR issues then wait weeks or months in some cases to get a response. Most training is composed of PPT slide packs and then very little follow up.
Part time work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 23, 2017
Good place to gain experience and move on. Management feeds you false hope. And the supervisor micromanages you from across the room after they asked you to take care of it. Learned a great deal about moving freight as in scheduling delivers to customers as well as scheduling inbound supplies from other plants.
Early years great place to earn a living
Production Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 8, 2017
Enjoyed co workers and common sense management when we had it.learned a lot by hands on and smart people who trained me along the we all worked hard and together.early years we had great Christmas bonus and trips provided by the cq.
Pros
Pay
Great!
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2017
Great Company! There is always work to do and the environment is very friendly. You really will gain valuable work experience at this company.
Custom coatings services
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 27, 2017
Akzo is a coatings company that produces all custom coatings for there customers. heavy in the window and door market. lots of traveling is involved in the service side.
Easy to work for in terms of tasks completion but terrible management problems
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with bad turnaround times with management. Once in a while you will have a supervisor that knows what they are doing. Other times you have to deal with their incompetence. There is also little place for growth. Though if you are content with the job you applied for without room for growth, this is the place for you.
Contract positions
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I have been taking Project type contract jobs and am now looking for a full time permanent job preferably.
I will provide a more indepth resume -noting companies and dates worked for upon request.
nice place to work
Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 11, 2017
There is lots of on the job learning about testing the paint and adjusting different batches of paint for toners, clears, hardeners for both solvent and waterborne systems.
Low key place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Typical day is to work with the operators on any issues on the floor with equipment or the batches of paint. Also work on any active continuous improvement projects for improving quality and productivity.
Pros
lots of freedom to adapt the job into your own
Trying to catch up with the rest of corporate America/ Europe
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2017
Many good people working for a company that seems split between 1950 and 2017. Both culture and processes need advancement and seem to be working toward that goal.
No advancement opportunities
vehicle refinishes (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 7, 2017
I took this job because I had a friend who worked there and because they promised me that the company "did what was right for the employee" i.e. I would be able to work from home when my kids were sick (TOTAL LIE) and because there were "so many advancement opportunities" Oh there are opportunities, but if you don't know 5 people who have already decided that you got the job before you even applied, then you won't have a chance of getting that job. I have now worked here over a year. I have asked for training opportunities CONSTANTLY and have been denied 99.9% of the time. I was told that I would get promoted this year and today I was just told now it is MAYBE next year. Do not believe the hype- this company is only good to its high level executives who make 100k and up. Everyone under them is a peon and there is a one in a million chance that you will ever leave your current position. This company is a dead end if you are looking for fast advancement opportunities. You will have to rot and kiss a lot of rear ends for YEARS before you will get anywhere. Steer clear.
Pros
Decent laptops
Cons
NO advancement ops, political blackballing, no training, no management support
Great products, weak management
Technical (Former Employee) –  FieldFebruary 4, 2017
For years the products have stood on their own, this despite the misguided direction of management. Management does not take the time to understand the markets, their customers or what drives the buying process.
Pros
Very few aside from good street level sales and service people
Cons
Management, pay, shrinking benefits
Bad Environment
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
The Management and staff on the Manufacturing side is in disarray and the workload is unbelievable. Most people are doing the jobs of 3 or 4 people. Human Resources is everything, but resources for humans. Very rude and unprofessional. Marietta is an absolute disaster as head of HR (Petty and Nasty).
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Big Company
Automotive Market Manager - Global One Wheel Program
Automotive Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at work involved coordination between the powder group and the liquid group at Akzo to achieve collaborative goals for growth and OEM approvals. Visiting facilities all over the globe to direct efforts within local regions. Convince Tier I customer base to partner with Akzo on OEM approvals, new color, layering system development.
Pros
Unlimited creativity to get the job done.
Cons
Only so many hours in the day.
Productive work place with a great environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 19, 2017
Good work environment everyday. Ive learned how to run extruder and using special chemicals to make powder. Great co-workers.
Hardest part is when the extruder goes down. Most enjoyable part is my co-workers.
Pros
Great work enviroment and good experience
Cons
No pay increase
Productive and high paced.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
High stress environment with little appreciation. Co-workers were easy to get a long with but quick to blame others. It is also aa union environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
the product mix is tough and operators make a fair amount of mistakes.
Great Place
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the people and the position I held. I learned a lot about paint making and very flexible with staff and their personal life.
I enjoyed working with all of Akzo employees. The labs and supervision was very helpful
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 27, 2016
I would work for them again. I voluntarily quit after 12 years to relocate back to Florida. I was tired of the winters in Indiana,South Dakota.
I moved with the job 3 times in 4 years but enjoy working with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.