AkzoNobel Employee Reviews in United States

Very busy lab
Member of worldwide AkzoNobel (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 15, 2015
Lab is extremely busy with barely any time to take a break. However the work load is not terrible. I really can not say anything more I have not worked there in over ten years.
A great place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Worked in Technical Support in a multi functional call center receiving 40-60 calls a day for software, hardware support.
The Akzo way
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 12, 2015
Lots of overtime, hard working people. The knowledge and skills of the veterans with helps with cross-train new employees. Hardest part of job is dealing with management.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Benefits
very productive, great insurance ,good retirement plan
paint maker (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILApril 30, 2015
this company is one the best places I ever worked for ,all of the people were very nice, always something new to learn on a daily basis, safety always came first, company bonuses were always a plus.
Pros
best bonuses, free lunches or dinners.
Cons
safety was their main priority
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 27, 2015
Open office and run branch.
Daily Operations of company.
Closing new accounts.
Daily interactions with customers and co workers.
Low ceiling
Class A Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement or increace in pay. Constant management turnover & numerous injuries per year. Good co-workers. Unsure about the future direction of our company.
Pros
Overtime offered
Cons
Room for advancement. Little to none raises. Too many lost time injuries
Motivated and Focused
Machine-Forlkift Operator/Team Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 3, 2015
On a typical day, the production is met to the customers' needs. We deal with microspheres that are heated up on machinesand properly prepared and sealed ready to be loaded onto trucks.
Learned much
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burt, NYMarch 30, 2015
Hostel work environment, did learn SAP program which was my goal to move forward. Some co-workers were great. the hardest part of the job was to please others. Enjoyable: going home.
Its was a great learning experience and very productive workplace and fun environment to be around.
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
Forklift driver, paint pre-batch, labeling cans, filling operator etc... i also loaded powder bags,colored bags and solvents onto a pallet sent it up on a forklift to the batchmakers to make international paint.
Great place to work. Opportunities for advancement in many different areas.
Distribution Manager, North America (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
AkzoNobel is a great company with lots of opportunities for career advancement. Most of my work days included communicating with customers and internal clients.

Want to know more about AkzoNobel?

Ask a question
decent place to work
Outside Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I had a enjoyable time working for akzo nobel. Long Hours, great pay. Very savy when it comes to safety. I learned alot while working there, and if it wasn't for personal reasons i would have stayed with the company.
Pros
good overtime, flexible hours
Cons
working in the weather
Great Place to Work
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Great Place to Work. Friendly atmosphere, great company culture. Great benefits (healthcare, dental, vision), vacation, etc. Very team oriented. Everyone works well together.
Akzo Nobel is an great place to work for with lots of learning experiences
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I am a Billing Associate for Akzo Nobel and every day there is something new to learn. They are a diverse and growing company that has great benefits
Interesting Place to Work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Help Managing the Budget for the Sales Dept. using Business Objects, Lotus Notes, Excel & Word. Also made Travel Arrangements.

Really liked this job a lot.

It was Fun when all the employees in the Dept. got together regarding discussing different promotional events we would have.

Co-Workers were very nice. This was a temporary position.
Great work/life balance
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Working at Akzo sure was challenging but I enjoyed it thoroughly. The thing I loved the most about working at Akzo is that I did not have to bring my work home. Great work/life balance! Management was great, respectful, considerate and always showed that they cared about their employees. Co-workers were very willing to help out at all times. Great team work culture.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with incorrect transportation information on the MSDS's.
Pros
great management team
Cons
being that sight was small and employees stayed with the company for a long time, not much room to move up.
Great culture despite endless restructuring
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I have enjoyed working at AkzoNobel more than any other job I've ever had. I always feel like my skills and talents are valuable and useful, and that I'm making a meaningful difference. The down side is that the company has undergone radical structural changes, laid off a lot of people (including me in just a few days), and made some serious missteps along the way (moved a guy from Brazil to Holland and then eliminated his position the day his furniture was being delivered). All of this has had an impact on morale and no one is confident that they will have a job in 6 months.
Pros
great culture - fun place to work
Cons
too much change
Overall - a great company to work for
Senior Global Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2015
The company culture was excellent, they really take good care of their employees. I learned a lot about Global Marketing working with a diverse group of colleagues from all over the world. Management was good, but at times indecisive.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management layers created some challenges
Productive company to work for, excellent PQC manager and mentor
Document Control Manager & Admin Assistive (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 5, 2014
A very busy job, non-stop but also made the day go by quickly. Original management made the job interesting and fun to learn.
Pros
excellent benefits including incentives
Cons
after l6s started, too many employees were let go causing more work for those left for the jobs.
Company promotes safety of its employees
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYDecember 2, 2014
Company undergoing reorganization; a work still in progress.
Tough Labor
Batch Maker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 25, 2014
Akzo is a great place for young people to get a decent entry level labor position. Advancement is poor, management is always looking to blame the worker for something and there is very little automation (mostly a manual labor job).
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
little room for advancement, poor working conditions.