AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed enviorment
Batch Maker/ Fill off operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 15, 2016
Good people work there answerd all questions and helped me when i needed it. You will work but its an overall relaxed enviorment.
Pros
Saftey meetings every other week.
Cons
long work hours.
productive company that will be relevant for years to come
Chemical Operator B (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 7, 2016
Overall I met a few great people, who enjoyed their positions there and wasn't afraid or to selfish to lend a helping hand
If only the pay was better
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Akzo Nobel Paints. I had fun working with some amazing people. Very laid back. Some of the customers were awesome. Job was very easy. I learned all about paint and how to color match. My only problem was the pay. As a supervisor, I tapped out at what people start at. I was promised OT but that was taken away. I definitely would work there again now that minimum wage is going up.
Pros
Hours of operation. Home with my family at a decent hour.
Cons
Pay
good small disrubution center
Material Analyst / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2016
Great job and very thankful for the opportunity! Typically wasy work days, very good co workers, small company so everybody knows everybody, management is friendly, as operator I worked on a 3 panel machine that mostly needed just my observation and quick thinking, only wish there was a greater chance of growth within the company.
Pros
Great co-workers, light work loads, easy days
Cons
minimal growth opportunity
Fast paced productive work place
Technical Support Analyst - Bilingual Spanish (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 4, 2016
Fast paced inbound technical support call center serving all of North America and Canada
Automotive Industry
Every day was a learning experience

All the employees were very professional and knowledgeable
Co workers were team players

The job was very mentally challenging - with lots of information to retain
professional
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Burt, NYApril 4, 2016
The company was very professional, with a very big emphasis on safety. The management was very fair and quite competent, and the employees were easy to get along with.
Good people
ADU Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 29, 2016
Was a great environment because of the co-workers. Management was not relate able at all. Always had overtime available which was nice. Fumes inhaled everyday was pretty nasty.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
Management not relateable
Job paid good.
1st Class Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Axis, ALMarch 20, 2016
It was a decent place to work. Safety was a big concern but it was self regulated,self motivated, and never compensated.
Pros
Good pay and ok benifits.
Cons
Your abilty to do your job well wasn't a benifit.
Akzo Nobel
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Great Company recognizes employees work promotes from within. Assigns expectations affords employees tools needed to accomplish the tasks at hand.
no room for advancement
Controls technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Made good friends with co workers, management didnt really care about employees. hardest part about working there was going into work everyday
Great place to be employed
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Akzo Nobel is a great community. You feel at home and happy. Close friends will be made. This is a happy all together family/professional relationships.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/a
Interesting Work Place
HRSSC Representative - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
I found the HRSSC to be very unorganized and chaotic. The culture on the particular team was very unprofessional and they used swear words like crazy. I was surprised at the lack of accountabiltiy there. I was also surprised that there are more contractors verses actual employees. That was a red flag to me.
Pros
Food provided almost everyday
Cons
Very unorganized
Progressive work experience
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Fast paced, high energy, ability to learn and grow. Superb work environment and excellent work teams. At the end of the day, it was a really good place to work.
Pros
Great work environment and fun co-workers
Cons
Not much work/life balance
Worked for 5 years
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2015
Company was run well before restructuring. Became very stressful after. The entire finance department was shut down. We weren't offered jobs elsewhere in the company.
Good place to work at but needs to be more organized.
Batchmaker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
Fun work place. Had great coworkers but just was not organized. Everything always seemed to be out of place. Management seemed to pick and choose the workers from how much they like you instead of your work.
This a great company to work for
Warehouse Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 6, 2015
This is a great company that has taught me a lot about how to be professional and become a leader and a great Manager. This company allows me to enhance my skills and show my leadership within the company.
Pros
Working for a great company that allows me to show my skills
Cons
Healthcare
Fast Paste and Detailed Oreinted
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 4, 2015
fast paste to get raw material received in and also put away. Also put away, pulled finished material on a daily bases to fill customers orders.
Work Environment
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
This company is a fast-paced work environment with weekly deadlines to meet. AkzoNobel is a very diverse company. There are many different managing styles, some good, some bad.
benefits
Cons
micro-managing
Good company that was aquired by competitor
Manager - Supplier Quality (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work. Very professional environment. Management was always supportive. Company was a unique combination of business and creativity within the paint industry.
Toxic Wok Environment
Production planner (Former Employee) –  pasadena, txOctober 21, 2015
frequent harassment from management and overall environment was toxic to mental health. A blame game among managers who are not interested in continuous improvement. Not worth the money they pay. Quick to blame and fire in order to protect management. Management fosters a negative work environment which is not productive and creates a host work environment. Very high employee turnover.
Pros
pay
Cons
hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval