AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

AkzoNobel
Senior Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2014
Great place to Work, work/life balance is ideal. Compensation and opportunity for advancement could be better.
Great culture despite endless restructuring
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I have enjoyed working at AkzoNobel more than any other job I've ever had. I always feel like my skills and talents are valuable and useful, and that I'm making a meaningful difference. The down side is that the company has undergone radical structural changes, laid off a lot of people (including me in just a few days), and made some serious missteps along the way (moved a guy from Brazil to Holland and then eliminated his position the day his furniture was being delivered). All of this has had an impact on morale and no one is confident that they will have a job in 6 months.
Pros
Great culture - fun place to work
Cons
Too much change
Productive and relaxed enviorment
Batch Maker/ Fill off operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 15, 2016
Good people work there answerd all questions and helped me when i needed it. You will work but its an overall relaxed enviorment.
Pros
Saftey meetings every other week.
Cons
long work hours.
Good place to work at but needs to be more organized.
Batchmaker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
Fun work place. Had great coworkers but just was not organized. Everything always seemed to be out of place. Management seemed to pick and choose the workers from how much they like you instead of your work.
Excellent high performance coatings company with worldwide affiliations.
Sales & sales management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GA primary, Sassenheim, ZHAugust 22, 2015
Typical of a European company, Akzo Nobel concentrates on involving their personnel across many disciplines, including administration, sales, inventory control, product development and marketing, laboratory evaluation of product development and many other areas.

Akzo-Nobel was a marvelous place to work, as their management were strongly supportive of individual as well as team efforts.
Pros
Use of company car personally
Cons
Extensive travel
Productive company to work for, excellent PQC manager and mentor
Document Control Manager & Admin Assistive (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 5, 2014
A very busy job, non-stop but also made the day go by quickly. Original management made the job interesting and fun to learn.
Pros
Excellent benefits including incentives
Cons
After L6S started, too many employees were let go causing more work for those left for the jobs.
Good Place to work
Process Support Chemist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MichiganOctober 31, 2013
Working in the QC lab means you work at the pace of the production. So some days are slow and some days are insanely busy. However working here is very enjoyable, management is great is great so far. Only a half-hour lunch break and no places close enough to go. Overall, a good place to work. Most jobs are contracts/temp/temp to hire, so job security can be a concern.
Overall, a good company to work for
Demand & Supply Chain Planner II (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 1, 2013
I really enjoy my co-workers and the compensation and benefits are good. The management structure and communication could be better.
Pros
benefits; meaningful contribution; benefits and compensation; early exits prior to holidays
Cons
average vacation package; management; communication
The Akzo way
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 12, 2015
Lots of overtime, hard working people. The knowledge and skills of the veterans with helps with cross-train new employees. Hardest part of job is dealing with management.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Benefits
Great experience
Zonal Manager (M.P/C.G) (Former Employee) –  MPAugust 7, 2014
Most rewarding company in my career and have learned a lot, very good culture and absolute freedom to work and explore your ideas .Very friendly HR and cross function team .
Hardest part ..as all typical sales function jobs ..meeting your commitments ..but it comes with the responsibility so must not be taken as issue.
Long hard hours daily
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 9, 2015
Hot. Would not recommend this job to anyone. Mandatory long hours daily and mandatory weekend hours.Not organized or functional
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime daily
A fun workplace with a great balance among colleagues, willing to help and stimulate personal development
Intern (Former Employee) –  NetherlandsOctober 3, 2014
During my Internship I learned a lot a got the opportunity to develop myself. Starting with theoretical research, doing experiments and pitching my solutions to the management, made this a interesting and very useful learning experience. My colleagues were always willing to help and with my personal enthusiasm and motivation i was allowed to explore more and get a better understanding of the function of different departments. I liked that everyday was a new day where I entered the learning roller coaster and developed myself.
Pros
Insurance, felxibility
A company that needs fresh managrment
QSC Quick service clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 5, 2015
No cooperation from management when it comes to new ideas, I learn that no matter how hard you work, no one will appreciated, you do the work by the honor that bounds you to do what's right, trying for better job environment with out management support, my co works made a great team, we got impossible tusk completed no matter how hard it was to achieve.
Pros
It did nothing
Cons
management that only looked out for their own intres
Disorganized management, success is not rewarded
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2012
I worked for AkzoNobel and in my experience, I found that management is very disorganized. There are two many layers to get things done. Everything has to be approved by everyone under the sun. In addition, they invest in technology. Instead of using the imaging that they had available, they left documents in boxes and often these documents got misplaced. Lastly, I did not feel that they rewarded success. I singlehandedly reduced their workload by 75% and took them from a place of disaray to a place of organization. I however, was never rewarded for this. The one plus is that I did like the non managers I worked with.
Pros
close to public trans, modern work environment, nice freebies like concert tickets
Cons
management, disorganization
Great experience, fast paced, Fun, Friendly workers.
Through Randstad Temp (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 3, 2013
help clean, prepare and fill customer ordered containers of paint to be processed, filled, boxed, palatalized, and shipped out for delivery on done on 1 assembly line. friendly co-workers, hardest part of working for AkzoNobel was at first for me getting into a repetitious work pattern but caught on very well and quick. management was very good. the most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a huge team and that feel good when you know customers are being treated great and getting the best product and knowing it came with a reliable source!
Pros
great work field to have exp. in
Cons
as a temp no beneifits and not full work pay
Nice working environment
SAP Power User (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GASeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at Akzo Nobel and had no issues with either management or hourly employees. I would gladly work for this company again.
Pros
Professional, Global, Good Benefits
Cons
Typically does not hire for management role from within
Work Environment
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
This company is a fast-paced work environment with weekly deadlines to meet. AkzoNobel is a very diverse company. There are many different managing styles, some good, some bad.
benefits
Cons
micro-managing
well organized good peole and fun work environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHDecember 29, 2013
Days average 10 hours. Began with meeting with manufacturing/ distribution and production planning to review daily plan.
I learned to be highly alert to all operational issues and flexible in changing departmental priorities to meet customer demand.
All my coworkers new their jobs well and worked well to do what it took to get thing done. Hardest part of the job was dealing with late inbound material deliveries and having freight carriers meet customer delivery times.
The most enjoyable was the open door style management had with all employees and at the end of the day we got things done.
AkzoNobel had a variety of paint and sundry products. Marketing and upper-mangement personnel were their weak points in the California region.
Property Services / Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 2, 2013
A typical day for me was to meet with existing customers and make 5-10 "cold calls" on weekly basis. I learned to understand the customers "needs" to be successful. Management was very "weak" in their communication skills with the outside sales reps. My co-workers gave 100 % on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was to speak with management on a consistent basis. I enjoyed providing solutions to my customers painting needs.
Pros
outside sales
Cons
high healthcare costs for the employee
Great Place to Work
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Great Place to Work. Friendly atmosphere, great company culture. Great benefits (healthcare, dental, vision), vacation, etc. Very team oriented. Everyone works well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.