Position Title: Budget Analyst IV -CODE CP
Location: NASA/Ames Facility (Mountain View, CA)
Shift: Monday through Friday
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide business management support function; such budget formulation, budget execution, resources analysis, workforce planning and cost estimating support to the Center cost team, which includes, but not limited to the following items starting as soon as possible.
- Support budget formulation activities. Assist with program/project Program Planning Budget Execution (PPBE) activities. Prepare, analysis, and review 5 to 10 year budget and workforce profiles, within the work breakdown structure (WBS). Insure there is consistency between program/project milestones and objectives. Maintain traces between various budget and workforce submissions that include reasons for changes.
- Support in budget execution activities. Assist with the preparation, review, and database entry of phasing plans by (WBS) for current year funds, prior year funds, and workforce. Assist with monthly budget execution against plans. As necessary, prepare variance analysis, including cause, impact, and recovery plans.
- Support other budget formulation and execution activities; which includes, but is not limited to contract cost report (CCR) analysis, funds transfer, monthly reporting, purchase and service request preparation.
- Review Announcement of Opportunity (AO), Broad Agency Announcement (BAA), and other proposal requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the work breakdown structure (WBS), technical planning, and project schedule development. Insure integration of the WBS and schedule with the cost estimate.
- Prepare grass-root cost estimates by tasks, by month; reflecting the latest WBS and project schedule. Grass-root estimate shall reflect the life cycle cost estimates, including civil service workforce, contractor workforce, procurement, travel, and other direct costs. During the proposal development, the WBS and schedule continuously changes, therefore, cost estimates require frequent updates.
- Provide comparative analysis, parametric estimates, and analogous mission information in support of the grass-root estimates. Knowledge of parametric cost estimating tools, cost drivers, and cost model algorithms is required. Examples of these parametric cost tools are Space Mission Analysis and Design (SMAD), PRICE, NASA/Air Force Cost Model (NAFCOM), and NASA Instrument Cost Model (NICM).
- Reconcile independent cost estimates against Center proposals.
- Prepare cost estimates, cost table, and workforce tables, as specified by the AO or BAA, in both fiscal year and real year dollars.
- Prepare cost estimating section narrative consistent with AO and BAA requirements. Cost sections include descriptions, strategies, and details of the cost estimate, methodology by WBS, funding profile, cost reserves, funded schedule reserve strategy, cost risk, cost risk mitigation, and pricing rates.
- Assist in managing ARC Large Model. Visual Basic programming skills is highly recommended.
- Present grass-root cost estimates, parametric information, and analogous mission information to CFO Management.
- As proposals are selected for award; the grass-roots cost estimate with the associated schedule and WBS will be the baseline for the business functions. Provide support for resources execution, budget formulation updates, earned value management (EVM) development, and monthly reporting.
Program Analysis Requirements
- Support program, planning, and control activities. This includes, but is not limited to development of project work breakdown structure (WBS), defining the WBS dictionary, project plan input, configuration management, and EVM implementation and assessment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, regression analysis)
- Proposal Writing Skills
- Knowledge of parametric cost estimating tools, such as Space Mission Analysis and Design (SMAD)
Additionally, the following experience is highly recommended:
- Visual Basic Programming
- Database Concept and Management
- SAP and Business Warehouse Software
- Detailed experience with the ARC grass-root cost estimating tool (large model), algorithms, and programming requirements
- Government parametric cost estimating tools, such as NAFCOM and NICM
Experience: Minimum 6-8 years of experience
Education: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management or Related Field
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at Al-Razaq Computing Services, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications, without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, domestic partner status, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by federal law.
Al-Razaq Computing Services also strongly supports the principles of affirmative action in all its employment policies and practices, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, transfers, training, promotions, layoff and recall, and other terms and conditions of employment. In addition, Al-Razaq complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Al-Razaq employs personnel.
Participant of E-Verify
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -