Position Title: Budget Analyst Floater
Location: NASA/Ames Facility (Mountain View, CA)
Shift: Monday through Friday
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Provide a continuous status of the budget distributions over time from initial Center preliminary guidelines through beginning of the operating year. Commitment item, FTE and WYE level should be available to support summary level information. Analyst must be able to explain discreet changes over time as well as any impact derived from the changes.
- Provide requested information for any presentation or worksheet required.
- Provide in an accurate, comprehensive, efficient, and timely manner, all information required.
- Independently performs supporting Budget Formulation activities. Retain supporting data at the WBS, commitment item, FTE, WYE, and PR level consistent with Phasing Plans to be developed during the operational year.
- Provide continuous tracking of guideline ($, FTE, WYE) changes throughout the year of execution. Provide explanations of discreet changes and impacts.
- Create detailed Phasing Plans, usually twice a year, of approved budgets at WBS, commitment item and PR level in accord with management intentions.
- Submit plans into PMT system accurately and on time.
- Create new WBS as necessary; close WBS as necessary.
- Prepare SRs for Manager signature. Maintain a log and follow up on financial status with performing organizations.
- Create PRs with required supporting documentation. Maintain copies and back-up.
- Create Estimated Price Reports (EPR) for reimbursable agreements.
- Prepare monthly costing analysis of contracts and provide detailed costing information for those contracts.
- Provide monthly financial status review of all plans; include highlights, issues, and plan/cost variance explanations.
- Resolve budget, procurement or travel issues due to variances.
- Provide detailed monthly costing data for various contracts, as appropriate.
- Maintain Funds Certifier role for any non-CMO funding.
- Periodically prepare independently or assist in creating ad-hoc reports, updating prior presentations or investigating new problem or issue areas. Gather pertinent information, analyze data, and prepare clear, concise presentations of conclusions or results.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff, training and informational meetings.
- Maintain access accounts to BW, SAP, RAMS2, and PMT systems as well as 553M reports.
- SAP and Business Warehouse Software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables)
- Strong writing skills
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience
Education: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Financial
Management or related discipline.
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at Al-Razaq Computing Services, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications, without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, domestic partner status, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by federal law.
Al-Razaq Computing Services also strongly supports the principles of affirmative action in all its employment policies and practices, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, transfers, training, promotions, layoff and recall, and other terms and conditions of employment. In addition, Al-Razaq complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Al-Razaq employs personnel.
Participant of E-Verify
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard