Alabama A&M University Employee Reviews

nice work place while in school
Department of Urban Planning Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 28, 2017
nice place to work as a student. they work with your class schedule. they pay very low and they do not offer hours after 5 pm which causes you not to get a lot of hours.
Day Custodian (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 1, 2017
Come in clean rooms take out trash clean showers keep up on the building I was assigned I liked working at a&m the hardest part was cleaning the bathrooms but everything else was pretty chill
good place to work
Maintenance & costidian supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2017
i enjoy the people and everyday challenges the sporting events the free concerts free food some days meeting new people from all over the country good hours a lot of over time
Pros
free lunch and uniforms and shoes
Cons
crazy summers
Gives opportunities
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALNovember 6, 2017
Working for public safety is very manipulative, and messy. If you want the experience in law enforcement I would recommend a campus police department if you have little to no college education. But if you have no desire to work in law enforcement. It'll get you over to your next destination.
Institution without the resources it needs
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALOctober 21, 2017
While the students and other faculty at A&M are great, the University itself lacks the resources it needs. Tech equipment is frequently not functional. Faculty are required to hold office hours, but many are without a space to do so.
Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work involved remedying multiple issues from various departments. I learned to multi-task in a high paced environment. Management was decentralized which allowed for the development of creative ideas in handling the tasks at hand. The workplace culture was fast paced and sometimes stressful. The hardest part of the job was sticking with multiple deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was solving the various issues that we faced on a daily basis.
slow paced
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Working for. the University in the library was typically slow paced. I had set hours to work daily and was given less then 15 hours a week. Learned amazing skills with computer.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and fun
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Working in the library was very fun and it was a very good learning experience. It was something that I always wanted to do and to see how busy and stressful that it could be at sometimes made it more interesting and great.
interesting place to work
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALSeptember 14, 2017
UP early to beat the traffic of the students moving around but the job was not bad.Sometimes you may run into some problems with the people that did not attend the college trying to get into the dorms but most of the young adults were very respectable.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
changed to contracting jobs out
A great work environment
Grad Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, AL 35762September 9, 2017
I had a great supervisor at Alabama A&M University. I was just a graduate assistant, a temporary position. Thee were no benefits attached to this position.
However, I am aware that the fulltime positions had all the benefits attached.
productive and fun working place
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 17, 2017
working at Alabama A&M University was a great place to work at. It helps students like myself to get their foot into the door and learn how it would be like to work in the work force.
Pros
amazing staff and boss
Good place to work that is family oreinted
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
Typical day was to perform academic checks on student athletes to see if they were in class. Next mid morning meetings regarding practice plans, recruiting efforts, and current player development.
Pros
environment
Cons
somewhat cutthroat
Very tense work place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALJuly 31, 2017
This job was a great experience, but it was very stressful and tedious. There were also a lot of duties I had that weren't required and weren't in the description.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work load
Best hbcu
Bachelor Level Researcher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2017
Awesome people. Nice place to work. Great experience. Nice structure. I enjoyed working, knowing that I was making a difference for. This is ideal for education.
Pros
Great experience
Productive and fun workplace
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALJuly 12, 2017
This is a great place to work for to get yourself prepared for the real workforce. It can be challenging at times and need improvement in certain areas as any workplace.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Vacations and Holidays
Cons
Need improvement in certain areas
great PHD and under graduate program in Physic
Machinist for the university's physics department (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALJuly 11, 2017
The PHD and under graduate program in Physic. is a great place to start ones career. there is little room for experience over degrees. the hardest part of the job was having to redo an end product with limited resources. the enjoyable part of the job was designing and creating new prototypes for Physic research.
Pros
State smployment
Cons
no advancement with in position
Great
Student Government Vice President (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 31, 2017
A&M is a great place to work and get an education. I loved it and would recommend ti to anyone. I wish I could have stayed longer but unfortunately, due to housing circumstances I couldn't.
Check students in and out and Complete work orders
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2017
During my time at Alabama A&M as work study student I've experienced great leadership and working together to resolve everyday tasks. The work environment is also great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very comfortable and fun workplace.
College Work Study (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALApril 29, 2017
I experience while working for Alabama A&M University was wonderful. I was a work study student in the financial aid department. My duties included mostly clerical things. I would come in and make sure students seen who they would need to regarding their issue. Most days were very slow. the hardest part would have to have been when more than one counselor was out of the office a day.
Pros
On-Campus
Very Good place to learn and grow from
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed the people and the area in Huntsville, Al. Very helpful and resourceful place to grow. Good to place to make a start and a very great to place to live.