Alabama A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive , hardworking
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 24, 2016
Working as a graduate assistant can get overwhelming mainly because I'm juggling school and work. I enjoyed the job but it became complicated due to very minimal training. I had be very proactive and do assignments to the best of my ability. The work environment was very focused.
Pros
Meeting different students, experience
Cons
management
Internship
Physics Internship (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2016
Great opportunity and learning experience. If you are a STEM major looking for a summer internship this may be a great fit for you.
Thick Skin
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALDecember 19, 2015
The job is not hard. Coworkers are like crabs in a barrel. Lack of Teamwork on a regular basis. If you have a thick skin you would love it
Supportive and Caring Work Place
Research Assistant, Remote Sensing Lab (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALDecember 14, 2015
I love that my supervisors are always willing to hep and listen with any new ideas I bring to them, not only that but they help implement them to a reality. My co-workers are all hands on and always willing to constructively critic or review anything be fore i submit to the supervisor. I am apart of a tight-nit group of people who love what they do and are supportive of others
productive and fun workforce
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 3, 2015
Great Institution all around. Great employees in a professional atmosphere. Alabama A&M is the best employer I have worked for. They are very high on good work ethics and morals.
Pros
professional atmosphere
Cons
parking
Assistant to the Dean/Provost (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALNovember 24, 2015
It is a great place to work! Also a great education. i would recommend to anyone that applies.
Great place to work!
Great placce to work
student helper
Student Assist Coach (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2015
help assist the coaches in game planning and preparing for practice. I assist in breaking down film and other job duties provided by the staff.
Eating lunch together and cutting up
HVAC Technician/electrical tech (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALSeptember 3, 2015
get work orders get organized, try to improve working conditions and make things better help other guys when they need help always try to make things better on your fellow workers.
Pros
fun people to work with always plenty of help
Cons
Not enough pay and only get payed once a month
Educational
Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2015
This was a very educational experience.I gained new and innovative techniques on how to prefect my skills as a biologist. The Faculty was very helpful and informative.
Office Student Assistant
Registrar's Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 24, 2015
Fun, exciting and a learning experience. Very friendly staff taught me all about the registration process of college. Critical times was around registration. Amazing place
Cons
short hours
Educational work place
C.O.D.E. 111 Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALAugust 20, 2015
• Provided information on HIV and AIDS
• Assisted with organizing informational sessions about disease prevention
• Interacted with students and provided items; answered questions about the diseases
Pros
Educating people
Cons
Short time period
hardworking
office aid (Former Employee) –  nomal , alabamaJuly 7, 2015
very enthuse about working very nice people paid good great hours every week the management was easy job I was paid 8.00 a hour.
Secure Place to Work
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 26, 2015
My professional setting mainly involves review and approval of business documents and processing banking transactions for the university. The most important lesson I've learned during my 30 years of experience in Higher Education is the value of good customer service. The most benficial part of the job is knowing that the student concerns have been resolved. I enjoy my co-workers most days but I always maintain professional intergrity even during the most stressful time.
Pros
Two weeks free Vacation
Cons
Few Pay increases
Overall I enjoy being a Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 4, 2015
A typical day on the desk can be laid back when residents are just taking it easy, but when they are not taking it easy, things can get rowdy. I learned more about myself if anything. Patience was a really big thing I have learned to exercise. My manager and co-workers all worked really hard this school year. Out of all the halls, we were selected Honorable Mention for best hall of the year;only coming second to a female dorm hall. The hardest part of the job is the beginning of the year and the end of the year. These are the times when residents move in and move out of the hall. The most enjoyable time of the job is when we put on programs for the residents. Most of the time it turns out to be fun for them and us.
Productive and very out going work place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALApril 28, 2015
It is a very productive place, It defiantly helps you get on your feet. People are always willing to help you and give you advice and words of wisdom. If ever you need help someone is always a phone call away. My supervisor is very helpful if ever I am confused and he also very understanding in many situations. We have lots of laughs but we also make sure our work is done on time.
Needs to be a workplace that is more organized
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALMarch 11, 2015
The overall work experience was good for me but it could've been better. There was no air conditioner running so I was working hard and sweating for no air. So the school really needs to change how they do a couple of things.
Pros
kept me busy and okay pay
Cons
no air, and messy
Great Company
Normal Hills Student Apartments (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with the student body and assisting individuals who needed help in many different aspects. It was rewarding.
Great program and talented instructors
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 16, 2014
Great Program and talented and gifted instructors who really care about there students success.
Great place to learn life skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALDecember 1, 2014
It's a university with a large opportunity for learning new things.The only way you can fail at this university is if you don't apply yourself. If you do, you'll be fine at this place. Just stayed focus and you'll be fine.The work environment can be a bit hectic, but can be very fun as well.
They treated the employees bad
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  NORMAL, ALDecember 1, 2014
The job seemed really great at first until they made us work double and paid us less. We never had tome

4.2