Alabama State University Employee Reviews

Asu
Lab Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 1, 2017
It was nothing fancy. I was a student at the time. My boss was normal on most days and then others, you wish you had not shown up. However, the majority of the time, I was in the office alone doing my work which was good because I work better alone.
Excellent place to work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 28, 2017
There's plenty of work to be done on all occasions. Team work is vital to accomplish assignments. Be prepared to work long hours, and sometimes work in all types of weather.
Summmary
OFFICE ASSISTANT - 20 HR WORK STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2017
I was only a 20 hr work student so benefits and anything else in that area didn't pertain to me as a student. Overall my experience working here in the two departments I worked in were great especially under the management
Productive Teamwork Enviroment
Senior Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  915 South JacksonJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day would be one wheret the priorities are complete even if other office personnel has to step in to get the job done. I have learned that no man is an island unto them selves and that many hands often make the work light.

As a manager I seek to cultivate staff such that they continue to grow and complete there personal professional goals. If this is done successfully the workplace culture will be one of openness with high productivity and enhanced efficiency.

The hardest part of a new job is learning the workplace culture and achieving proficiency at the new position. Once this is accomplished the most enjoyable part of the job will be to complete the task at hand and having good relationship with my colleagues in a team environment.

Pros
Fulfilling and challenging workload
Cons
Not having the necessary equipment or supplies to accomplish the work
Fun place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 19, 2017
Professional and Friendly atmosphere. Hardest part of the job can be meeting deadlines. Good benefits. You learn how to work well with different cultures of various background. The most enjoyable part of the job is having 2 weeks of off days with pay for the Christmas break!
Pros
Free tickets to shows/plays
Cons
slow about pay raises
Great learning environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 29, 2016
A great opportunity to sharpen my skill in diversity and interpersonal skill. Great working environment with great co-workers. A great work experience.
Its okay
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 7, 2016
BORING BORING BORING , There is nothing to do in Alabama at all. Moved away to find a job in my career field. Jobs are very scarce there. Wants you to have experience and not degree.
interesting
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2016
this job was based off of my major, Computer Information Systems. I learned how to program computers and how to work on the motherboard. I loved this job
Cons
only 20 hours a week
Very great place to work and a lot of influential people to be around
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 31, 2016
I learned that honesty, respect, and communication go a very long way with management. Working there was a new experience for me that I can pass down to other people looking to work there.
Main goal is to do your job.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 23, 2016
I worked at the Mechanic Session of the university. My job description is to Prepare driver's monthly log, arrange files, help in delivery of mails, Prepare drivers overtime sheets. My main goal was just to gain experience and meet new people. It was a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Too much work load for a student
Fun and room to grow
Hall Council President (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 12, 2016
I had an amazing time there. I grew as a person and as a professional. The hardest part was managing so many needs of so many students. The enjoyable part was meeting new people and gaining new skills with new experience
Fun workplace with relaxed environment
College Physics (Calculus-Based) Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 6, 2016
Everyday there was a new challenge brought to me by the students. There were so many different problems brought to my attention, but it was fun helping the students learn.
Great
Resident Assistant - Dorms (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 5, 2016
I loved being a (RA) at Alabama State University would love to do it again. Working there opened my eyes to a lot of things, it also helped me improve with the way I help and treat people.
Fun Workplace
Vocals Announcer - Radio Personality (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at FM 90.7 WVAS is amazing. I host a radio show Monday-Thursday and Saturday. Where I play great Jazz Show, with the opportunity to host live community events, and interview guest as well.
good experience
osha security (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 6, 2016
I like it because it was a good experience for me and my family. Also it was a good experience to wok with college students and students from different high schools.
Productive; Helped me expand my knowledge
20 Hour Student (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 18, 2016
I was a 20-Hour student assistant in a lab. Me working in the lab helped me build knowledge of computers and more. I was sociable and interacting with people.
fun place
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 17, 2016
I was a fun place that gave you a new experience everyday. There was always someone willing to help whenever confused about something.
Very productive
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 12, 2016
It was a good job i had for the spring semester. It helped me pay my tuition off agave me something to do everyday. Plus i kept the dorm clean as i can.
Wonderful opportunities!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 7, 2016
I love working at my job, it has such a conducive atmosphere and everyone here is so nice and relatable. They understand that I am a student first and my academic life is well respected.
Fun and laid back work environment.
Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2016
It's a positive work environment that makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.
Pros
Most of the time, its a pressure free environment.
Cons
Deadlines can be a little stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alabama State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2