Alabama State University Employee Reviews

Great workplace and experience
Writing & Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 28, 2018
ASU provided great opportunities for students to get work experience in their particular field as well as sharpen their skills in a collaborative and sometimes competitive setting.
Great Family Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2018
If you have a family this is a great place to work with benefits and paid time off. Access to education and advancement. Get to know people and create relationships. It will take you a long way.
Energetic experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 9, 2018
It was an energetic and comfortable environment. You meet different people and gain new experiences. Management was strict. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 2, 2018
Worked here as a student; loved the culture and different opportunities to learn. The management was great and some of the perks like free snacks and paid time off were awesome as well.
The job was awesome
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 17, 2017
This was an place to work and they knew how to take care of their employees.I would recommend this job to anyone who is seeking employment here.They know how to treat people.
Friendly laid back environment
Second Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2017
You were either working like crazy or bored to death. Predominantly African American employees. I was not. I had no problem with this but many within my department did. I had many friends there and attended school there. I made lots of good friends in the various departments I worked with and for the most part very nice wholesome group. It doesn't take but one or two to make things uncomfortable and ruin it for others. This is the case everywhere. I learned to avoid these people and focus on the others. It was a rewarding experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low salary / very cliquish
Great Opportunity
Director (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 6, 2017
It was a great opportunity to lead the department. LONG hours, friendly environment. Fast past and always something to do. Management was very supportive. Pay was less than industry standards and can get political at times. Overall, great opportunity if you are looking for a small town opportunity and limited growth.
Good environment to learn
State Certified Police Officer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 28, 2017
Alabama State provides the combination of a wonderful intellectual environment and work. Whatever an employee's position he/she lay in close proximity to advancement.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay
Great for learning how to operate in an office.
Admission Assistant/ Work Study (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 24, 2017
Very good job for experience. It is a work study job so the pay is not that much. However, I do enjoying and look forward to going to work study everyday.
Poorly run university
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 17, 2017
Nepotism abounds at this university. Admin is full of stories and lies. Can't keep a president for more than two years because of internal politics. Very shady practices. Unclear and unfair system of promotion. Some good qualities-- some good colleagues and students. Parking is horrible. Buildings ill-equipped. Offices are a disgrace at best. Build a new football stadium, meanwhile, no toilet paper or paper towels in the bathrooms of office/classroom building.
I love this place
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2017
This school was awsome! I wish I couldve graduated from here, but I didnt want to oay out of state fees. But it was worth being there meeting new pple and getting to know different professors
Good place to work in the area i'm in. I get to meet different people from different places.
Night Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 3, 2017
Comfortable working conditions. I've established life long relationships with the students. I enjoy this part of my job. impacting young people lives and helping them to become productive citizens. The work environment can improve. Be competitive with rate of pay.

Boring
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 28, 2017
It was not paying enough money for this app but it needs to be a little bit better but the only thing is it is not the only way to do the job work for me And was
Real Life
Biology Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 11, 2017
The best thing about working at Alabama State is that it improves your accountability for the things that YOU can change, without relying on others. Great workplace= learning environment
Unorganized
Solicited sales for season ticket holders (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 28, 2017
This job was a contract paid job. There was alot to be done with getting seats for new stadium sold. The job overall was amazing, just wish the powers that be were more aware of the impact of having this contract to stay funded and flow smooth was much needed.
peaceful place to work
Coaching Internship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 27, 2017
easy pace, dedicated workers within to help the institution grow. No house is perfect but in Alabama state university, people try to make the best out of every situation to ensure that things work for the better. positive mindset
Pros
everyone tries to help each other
Cons
payment gets delayed sometimes
computer science
Running errands for supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 26, 2017
I love the job as office assistant job at Alabama State University, it was a great way to tap into my office skills and gain knowledge, in the corporate world of learning. My education as office assistant doesn't stop there its bigger.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
just be on time everyday doing your work shift.
Easy Job Most Days
Academic Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 22, 2017
Had good days and bad, boss is pretty good to work for and my co-workers are easy to get along with, there are certain things that are stressful about the job
One of the Best Jobs
Resident assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 30, 2017
Working as a Resident Assistant was an amazing opportunity. I think being challenged as an individual every day really molded me into the adult I am now.
Great school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 28, 2017
I worked at ASU on work study while attending school there. It was great the supervisor was very organized and professional. Learned new phone etiquettes. Established a great Staff/ student relationship.